Jump to content
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In



Sign Up

Should I try to get rid of my fetish?


Recommended Posts

Many years ago, after fighting it in my teen and early adult years, I embraced it and understood that there is nothing wrong with having the fetish in itself as long as I don't abuse it or it doesn't affect me any other way. I know where all the lines are and everything and sticking to them comes naturally to me.

However, recently I was told that I would have issues living with it if I can't tell the difference between when a wetting scene in a movie or show is played for fetish purposes and when it's not. Because I always saw it as played for those reasons, which would always offend and disgust me greatly if it was a child like Chibiusa or 8-year-old Trunks, animated or not.

(Part of it could be of course the powers that be labeling pee as taboo even though it's something everyone does, and because I thought something was wrong with me (as they don't expect you to have sexual feelings until you are 18 but they naturally awaken at 13), I never allowed that side of me to grow or be understood until after joining here, which is why I was so ignorant to some stuff that most people in their late twenties should know)

If this is going to be such an issue, seeing fetish intent behind the scenes where it is not, should I find a way of getting rid of my fetish? Maybe castration if all else fails? (Since I already tried getting rid of my fetish before accepting it) Or can I find a way to work around that?

Link to comment

Probably just a scenario of being too horny. If you had a different kink, the issue would be the same.

Desperation scenarios in mainstream media are very rare, I don't see this being an issue unless you are seeking the content out. May just be a scenario where you need to do a dopamine reset and give up porn for a bit.

Link to comment

I'd like to say I don't think the same about wam, I know any movie or show where it appears it is usually never played for those purposes, just part of the scene without even thinking of it or even knowing it's a fetish to some. But then that isn't really a fetish to me like omo is (unless it's either played in a super sensual way or involves soap/washing), more a platonic interest.

And sometimes omo unexpectedly comes up in movies or shows I am watching. If the character is male and/or too young I instantly wish they were replaced with someone fetishizeable to me, even though for the former I think, plenty of people into male omo would love it. It was a nice little treat in Peppermint where Peg wets her pants out of fear while being threatened by Riley. Not sure if that had fetish intentions behind it, probably not, any more than the True Lies instances with Simon, just a dislikeable person who doesn't need to die getting their comeuppance in an action film.

Is there a way I can recognize where wetting scenes in movies aren't played for fetish purposes? (Obviously in some animes like Ikki Tousen or Charger Girl they are, though one Charger Girl instance is not kosher for me) Then I can keep my fetish and my balls and continue to enjoy omo content that meets my standards.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, The Dark Wolf said:

Is there a way I can recognize where wetting scenes in movies aren't played for fetish purposes?

As you mention you can probably assume it's often not played for fetish reasons, but really, there's no way of knowing.

I think something that's important to remember is that feelings and emotions are not facts. They are fleeting, and often illogical. It's what you choose to do with them that matters.

I'm also curious about who told you you'd have issues living with it if you couldn't differentiate between when it's played for fetish reasons or not? 

I don't see how it's more of an issue than any other thing people get turned on by in everyday life (cute guy at the bus, girls in sundresses, cleavage etc etc)

Link to comment

In my opinion the key is awareness. The fact that you’re thinking about this (and asking a broad audience) and not acting purely out of desire speaks to your character. With that character, I think you can trust yourself to remember that though you can’t change your inner thoughts and you shouldn’t feel guilty for them, you are in direct control of your actions.
 

To be aware (among other things) is to be emotionally mature. Remember how you are feeling now, and you will ideally think and act with integrity.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, The Dark Wolf said:

@Vbucks, when I was asking what anime writers were thinking when putting in wetting scenes that are very unfetishizeable to me.

Ah, yeah I looked up the conversation now. My point still stands though, you can't know someone's intent with putting a wetting scenes in a movie/show as that would mean you'd have to know the creator of said show personally and deeply enough that they'd tell you about their kinks.

It's good to think about the content you consume, and if it's put out there willingly, of course, but especially with mainstream media there really is no way to know since wetting scenes are used for a multitude of reasons. You'd have to be psychic to know everyone's intent, and no one expects that of you. Except for Vbucks then maybe

And just to add: maybe Vbucks didn't mean it the way it sounded

Link to comment

Of course, any times I write a story with wetting scenes in it it is for fetish purposes. But that is because I have the fetish.

And, even if I can recognize when they don't have fetish intentions behind it, it's still natural for me to feel put off by instances where they're too young, right? (Well, probably better than the opposite, right?)

Link to comment
16 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

Is there a way I can recognize where wetting scenes in movies aren't played for fetish purposes? (Obviously in some animes like Ikki Tousen or Charger Girl they are, though one Charger Girl instance is not kosher for me) Then I can keep my fetish and my balls and continue to enjoy omo content that meets my standards.


I wouldn't worry about it too much, Dark Wolf. To answer your question, it's just requires a bit of thinking about the context of the scene. I've got A LOT to say on this, it's a bit of a long one.
The simple answer or TLDR is that 99% of wetting scenes you'd find in mainstream media are not played for fetish or sexual purposes, that's the short of it. When a character pees himself/herself it is usually played for some kind of dramatic or comedic effect.

Almost every single time a male wetting scene occurs, you can easily rule that out because most filmmakers don't actively sexualise their male characters unless they're targeting a female or gay audience for their film. If the scene involves a female character however, that's when things get a bit more complicated.
There's a couple things to think about first. Like for example, how long does the scene drag on and how much focus does it put on the wetting? If it's a quick thing that lasts for less than a second, it's likely nothing. But if it's a long drawn out scene that really focuses on the stream and shows the character's pants get gradually more and more wet... yeah there might be some other intent.
There's also context to the overall film.
Let's just say there's a horror movie where the main girl pees her pants infront of the monster or slasher. It's likely just to show how afraid our protagonist is and make the main threat seem even more terrifying. It will also garner sympathy and make us route for our protagonist more to get out of this situation.
If it's a comedy and there's a long potty emergency sequence that ends with the character wetting her pants, it's probably just for comedic purposes. Putting characters in humiliating and embarrassing situations is a common part of comedy. There can also be a gross-out element because Pee is disgusting to most people. Relatability is also a part of Comedy, and lots of us can relate to situations where we were forced to hold it for a long time.

As much as I'd love to, I won't go into every single possible scenario lol. But you get the idea. Just put yourself into a filmmaker's shoes and think of how the situation is most likely there for shock, dramatic or comedic value. The only instances where you can really assume a scene's there for fetish purposes is if the creator is confirmed to be into it, or if there's a pee related scene in almost all of the creator's work and it's highly likely they're into it (Hideo Kojima for example). Or if you're watching an Adult film with lots of sexual content or themes. Like in the movie Secretary where the main girl wets herself in her chair after her boss orders her to wait. That movie even links to Omorashi on its wikipedia article.

Link to comment

Mainly I’d argue with if it affects your daily life.

1. Is it illegal to the public eye. 2. Does it make you feel excluded from reality 3. Are you doing the fetish too much that it becomes boring afterwards 

The way you’re looking at is from a child perspective which is always a bad way because it’s so creepy thinking that the fetish is for that age entirely. It makes you look unethical and f-ed up if you like that. Adult wetting I think is more better because they have experience with it. Both real life or accidental… if you are like children doing it then rethink yourself entirely. 

Edited by P Pee (see edit history)
Link to comment

DBZ does have nude scenes with male characters such as Vegeta (during his first rejuvenation tank scene and his otherwordly vision to Goku), who is very popular among the female fans. Though in Dragon Ball, Bulma was Miss Fanservice (and she wets herself in the very first episode), but not so much in DBZ. Though, the anime follows the manga while the movies are by different writers.

So basically, it'll only be played for fetish purposes if it's already got lots of sexual content to begin with (like ecchi animes), or is used very often?

I do think, of course, that writers have to be thinking about it specifically to put it in because often they don't think of it in situations where a character is trapped or tied up for an extended period of time and thus their pants usually magically stay dry. (While I like to think of that snowball fight, the ponies were locked in a room for the same amount of time, and there is no sign of a bathroom, but also no sign of desperation or puddles, meaning they literally did not have to pee the entire time, while three seasons ago it was confirmed that ponies pee when Pinkie is in desperate need of a bathroom, but she makes it, plus she wasn't wearing anything to wet anyway)

One of the very few exceptions is, I think there was a Bones episode where the killer locked herself in a trunk for 36 hours to make herself appear the victim (she intended for it to be shorter but this was delayed by rain), and after she gets out, someone comments it smells like a urinal in there, and speaking of Bones, Jessica said she peed at the Lincoln Memorial due to a terrible UTI, which I take to mean in her pants/panties, and when Cam is frightened by spiders that Hodgins brought into the lab, someone later tells him that she is "showering and changing" which immediately made my mind jump to fear wetting and I'm not sure what else it could have meant. If I interpreted those correctly there is a surprising amount of female wetting there (and I wasn't looking for it then), but maybe they were just trying to be more realistic with the trunk thing, and the other two were played for comedy reasons? There is another moment where a male character they are interrogating drank a lot and really has to pee, and due to his insensitive words towards the victim, the protagonists vividly describe water and pour it. As with Fleur in EqG (though many fans into omo think they "gave us this one on a silver platter" since they know of that side of the fandom and want to appeal to it in any ways they can get away with) we don't see whether he wets himself or not but it is likely, and that's a situation anyone into male omo would love.

Link to comment

Castration seems EXTREMELY drastic.  Have you ever heard of OCD?  Well there are variants like "pOCD" where a person gets a thought stuck in their head that they are or will become a pedophile despite having no attraction to kids.  The more they think about it, the worse the anxiety becomes.  This can happen with any social taboo or deep-seated fear ("If I don't do _____, my whole family will die of cancer", etc).  Not diagnosing you but you should look into it because it sounds like maybe you are prone to this kind of thinking/overthinking.  

Also remember that nobody knows what you're attracted to or thinking in your head.  Even if it were something that dark, the important thing is not acting on it in real life at all, ever.  And it sounds like you would NEVER do that in a million years.  And I'm not entirely sure one CAN "get rid" of a fetish/paraphilia anyway.  Would probably end like gay conversion therapy, with you feeling lots of self-hate/shame & having no success in changing.  You sound like a very insightful, mindful person based on the limits you've set for yourself and pedos/sex offenders are NOT like that.  They may claim to be but they're not.

I'm just glad I got this particular kink and not something worse.  Believe me, there are many worse things to fetishize.  Things that are truly dangerous, unhygienic or so socially acceptable you'd be completely ostracized from your loved ones if they found out.  

Link to comment
2 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

DBZ does have nude scenes with male characters such as Vegeta (during his first rejuvenation tank scene and his otherwordly vision to Goku), who is very popular among the female fans. Though in Dragon Ball, Bulma was Miss Fanservice (and she wets herself in the very first episode), but not so much in DBZ. Though, the anime follows the manga while the movies are by different writers.

So basically, it'll only be played for fetish purposes if it's already got lots of sexual content to begin with (like ecchi animes), or is used very often?

There are a handful of male nude scenes, but in Dragon Ball they're not really played for fan service. If you're referring to the rejuvenation scene I'm thinking of, Vegeta was naked because he had the majority of his armour destroyed in the fight with Goku and the rest of the Z Fighters. Probably wasn't intended to be any kind of fan service, although I'm sure some people probably got a kick outta it. As for Bulma, yeah her entire run in OG Dragon Ball was fan service. There were dozens of scenes sexualising her. Like when her underwear gets taken off by Goku and she flashes herself to Roshi. Or when she has to wear the Bunny outfit later on. Or the dozens of times after that where she's naked or trying to seduce men.
Since you mention the wetting scene, I actually don't think that one in particular with Bulma was INTENDED to be sexual. It doesn't linger for too long and I'm pretty sure it was just meant to humiliate Bulma for laughs, because she was being kind of a bitch beforehand. Bit of karma perhaps. I've already told the story before on this site, but that scene genuinely gave me an Omorashi fetish. I wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for that. So even if it wasn't intended, it definitely did awaken something in me. It'll probably never happen at this rate, but I'm prayin' that we get another Bulma wetting scene in the future.

But yeah, wetting scenes like this are probably only for fetish purposes if it's already a series with adult content anyways. Ecchi, Sex Comedies, or just straight up Porn. Stuff like Kiss X Sis, Queen's Blade, Vixens or Ikkitousen. I'm absolutely certain all of these include scenes like that for the purpose of being sexual. Sometimes it's for the audience's sake, but other times it's because the Writers themselves are into that. No shame if they are lol.

 

 

2 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

I do think, of course, that writers have to be thinking about it specifically to put it in because often they don't think of it in situations where a character is trapped or tied up for an extended period of time and thus their pants usually magically stay dry. (While I like to think of that snowball fight, the ponies were locked in a room for the same amount of time, and there is no sign of a bathroom, but also no sign of desperation or puddles, meaning they literally did not have to pee the entire time, while three seasons ago it was confirmed that ponies pee when Pinkie is in desperate need of a bathroom, but she makes it, plus she wasn't wearing anything to wet anyway)

One of the very few exceptions is, I think there was a Bones episode where the killer locked herself in a trunk for 36 hours to make herself appear the victim (she intended for it to be shorter but this was delayed by rain), and after she gets out, someone comments it smells like a urinal in there, and speaking of Bones, Jessica said she peed at the Lincoln Memorial due to a terrible UTI, which I take to mean in her pants/panties, and when Cam is frightened by spiders that Hodgins brought into the lab, someone later tells him that she is "showering and changing" which immediately made my mind jump to fear wetting and I'm not sure what else it could have meant. If I interpreted those correctly there is a surprising amount of female wetting there (and I wasn't looking for it then), but maybe they were just trying to be more realistic with the trunk thing, and the other two were played for comedy reasons? There is another moment where a male character they are interrogating drank a lot and really has to pee, and due to his insensitive words towards the victim, the protagonists vividly describe water and pour it. As with Fleur in EqG (though many fans into omo think they "gave us this one on a silver platter" since they know of that side of the fandom and want to appeal to it in any ways they can get away with) we don't see whether he wets himself or not but it is likely, and that's a situation anyone into male omo would love.


I haven't seen Bones, but I think I get what you mean. The way it's framed, the one with the killer locking herself in a trunk for 36 hours is definitely played for realism. If you were locked in a trunk for any more than a day, it is practically guaranteed you'd wet yourself if you were hydrated before going in. Usually shows don't really draw attention to this kinda thing, but I guess the show wanted to be more authentic. Fair enough I suppose.
The other two scenes definitely are for comedy.


But yeah, just in general. I wouldn't worry. You don't have to completely castrate yourself over some misinterpretations like this. Just chill, take it easy. Like the others on here have said, taking a break from Omorashi content for a couple days, week, few weeks, month or anything like that for awhile may help.
Otherwise, just try not to overthink anything you see. I can't remember who said this originally, but the saying on here goes "Sometimes a wetting scene is just a wetting scene." 

Link to comment

Still, if wetting scenes are rarely played for fetish purposes and are sometimes played for comedy, why do the higher ups consider them, at best R-rated (maybe 14A if not explicitly shown, like all of Summer's wettings in Rick and Morty), at worst on par with necrophilia? From the way most of them are played, and the fact that it's simply a fetish for any of us who get aroused by it, it sounds like it should be on par with farts if not explicitly shown, and PG-13 at worst if shown.

Link to comment

I would suggest other methods of coping with this like therapy or sexaholics anonymous or something.  I agree that I don't think that it is really an issue with the kink itself, but rather perhaps that it is something that you will see to some degree in day to day life that triggers the thoughts.  Even if they don't directly have the solution for you, you are probably likely to find someone who had a similar issue and found a way to compensate.  They may be able to help you find a way that doesn't involve life altering surgery with a ton of other "side effects".

Link to comment

How old are you roughly, if I can ask? You'll find someone to indulge in it with you as you get older. There are communities of people where fetishes aren't a big deal, you just need to look for them. It will be fine in the end, promise, but you'll need to actively look for similarly kinky people.

Link to comment

It doesn't seem to be about the kink itself, it's more of how much you're thinking about it. Could be porn (or similar material, e.g. movie scene) addiction, that can be treated via psychology counselling.

 

From your original post it looks like you're stressed with the situation. But so would be straight vanilla porn addicts also. Yes, to the point of thinking of castration. So please, it likely has nothing to do with the fetish itself.

 

My recommendation is please go see the specialist in sexual psychology. If this isn't possible or you don't want to for any reason, stay away from the media, focus on the real world around you, embrace your fetish without any visual stimulation, i.e. focus on your own feelings and imagination when masturbating, not reach for any outside stimuli. Look, I'm no specialist here, my main recommendation will still be go and see a counsellor. I did that, it helped. A lot.

 

As for too much desire, how old are you? Your hormones will start to calm down by around middle age, and the desire will fall into the reasonable level, so will make it easier also. Also middle age will be the period of reassessing everything anyway, and the above isn't the exception.

 

As for getting rid of the fetish, well I think it is possible with external help, but not necessary, as it isn't bad in itself, just need to find the right partner who will accept it and indulge with you. And keep tabs on how much you seek it from the media.

 

 

Link to comment

If anything I was more stressed about the comment in the other discussion and what it might mean. I might not quite be middle aged yet but I have found myself gradually thinking of it slightly less, unless I have an idea for a new story or come across an unexpected scene. I was, of course, several years late to embracing that side of myself.

Link to comment

And really the issue isn't that I think of it too much (and I don't need visual stimuli either, or look for it as often as I used to). It's that I couldn't tell the intention behind the scenes whenever they come up, because I hadn't thought of anyone without the fetish thinking of it specifically.

But now I think I might know the difference. It was just something I never learned to pick up on when I was younger.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Wetty Mae said:

Castration seems EXTREMELY drastic.  Have you ever heard of OCD?  Well there are variants like "pOCD" where a person gets a thought stuck in their head that they are or will become a pedophile despite having no attraction to kids.  The more they think about it, the worse the anxiety becomes.  This can happen with any social taboo or deep-seated fear ("If I don't do _____, my whole family will die of cancer", etc).  Not diagnosing you but you should look into it because it sounds like maybe you are prone to this kind of thinking/overthinking.  

Also remember that nobody knows what you're attracted to or thinking in your head.  Even if it were something that dark, the important thing is not acting on it in real life at all, ever.  And it sounds like you would NEVER do that in a million years.  And I'm not entirely sure one CAN "get rid" of a fetish/paraphilia anyway.  Would probably end like gay conversion therapy, with you feeling lots of self-hate/shame & having no success in changing.  You sound like a very insightful, mindful person based on the limits you've set for yourself and pedos/sex offenders are NOT like that.  They may claim to be but they're not.

I'm just glad I got this particular kink and not something worse.  Believe me, there are many worse things to fetishize.  Things that are truly dangerous, unhygienic or so socially acceptable you'd be completely ostracized from your loved ones if they found out.  

I can get a bit paranoid at times (though probably not to that extreme), and that was kind of a spur of the moment after receiving that one comment saying I'd have a hard time with my kink - even though I think I've been doing fine for the past several years - if I can't differentiate between intentions behind scenes when they appear.

Link to comment

This was me for many years before I did one google search and discovered that it had a name (even a wikipedia article) and that I wasn't the only one. That was a major turning point, and reading some stories I felt like I'd fit in there, but it was several years after that that I embraced it and signed up to join this community.

Anyway, huge overreaction to one comment, I know as much now as I did 7 years ago that there is no need to get rid of my fetish by any methods. I just needed to learn one small thing that I hadn't picked up on before due to fighting that side of me in younger years.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

Still, if wetting scenes are rarely played for fetish purposes and are sometimes played for comedy, why do the higher ups consider them, at best R-rated (maybe 14A if not explicitly shown, like all of Summer's wettings in Rick and Morty), at worst on par with necrophilia? From the way most of them are played, and the fact that it's simply a fetish for any of us who get aroused by it, it sounds like it should be on par with farts if not explicitly shown, and PG-13 at worst if shown.

TV censorship guidelines/rules have always been weird as fuck. There was a time when a shared bed could not be shown. Even married couples slept in separate twin beds.

Genie's navel in I Dream of Genie was considered to risque for TV. For the longest time toilets weren't allowed to be shown onscreen. I'm sure there are dozens of incredibly stupid things and innocuous things that have been cut from broadcasts. The severity of censorship might vary depending on the network too. American Dad has shown male characters wetting themselves, the Smith family sitting in puddles of pee, and even Francine and another woman wearing and (non-explicitly) wetting diapers despite those being fetishes.

 

And movie ratings can be just as arbitrary. A PG-13 movie is allowed to use the word fuck once, provided that it is a non-sexual usage. "Oh, fuck" is fine but "fuck you" will get you an R-rating. Cigarette smoking is either banned or an instant R-rating nowadays.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...