Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female What is your drink of choice to start your bladder holds?

Hello! This will technically be my first post outside of the introduction category, I was curious as to what the community’s beverage of choice is when starting a hold? 

I personally go for either water or juice, sometimes I’ll split it into an even ratio so I don’t get burnt out just drinking 1 type of liquid a day during a hold. Anybody like to drink anything in particular that prolongs your holds? 

3 minutes ago, Holding4ever said:

I’ve heard coffee can make the desperation much more intense, kinda like tea tends to do! Do you like drinking a lot at once? Or a little bit over a longer period of time? 

I like to personally do a bit over a period of time, I personally don't respond well to rapid desperation. Doing it slowly keeps all the tingles in my lower bladder and just feels amazing haha

Edited by wetting_fan (see edit history)

Firstly, welcome!

It’s rare I deliberately ‘start a hold’ - I tend to start to need a wee at some point then decide I’m going to hold it this time.

But generally for me a mix of coffee, tea & water if I’m trying to fill my bladder quickly. Depends on the time of day really. Sometimes a Coke - if it’s the evening maybe a glass of wine followed by water. Whatever I fancy to be honest! 

it depends on what I have on hand and how planned the hold is. A lot of mine are kind of spontaneous so whatever Im drinking at the time (often soda of some kind or tea) after i've decided to hold I typically finish my caffeinated Thing and then drink a bottle of water to make sure im good and hydrated (and to dilute some in case of leaks, etc). I don't generally slam down as much as I can as fast as I can or anything just drink naturally (maybe a little more than normal) and wait for nature to take it's course.

For me here in Switzerland, it's "Migros" Lemon Ice Tea, specifically that one, terrible because of the sugar, but I can drink litters of this stuff while still feeling thirsty and for me, for some unknown reasons it makes me have to pee quite soon, I assume it's the lemon in it, but it's a great benefit in this case 🙂

Long holds aren't as fun for me as I have a bladder of iron.  If I'm trying to drink a lot though, I generally like zero sugar sweet tea.  I like either Milo's or Gold Peak.  If they are not right out of the fridge cold, they go down quite quickly and are very smooth.  The caffeine also has a nice effect.

That said, I am somewhat new to it, but I found that I liked the RD (rapid desperation) technique.  This basically involves taking an extended period of time to drink a manageable amount of water and using the toilet normally (I actually like trying to go as often as I can).  The idea is that this gets your kidneys generating lots of pee and keeps generating.  Once you get to the point where your pee gets clear, you drink the same amount, but rather than hourly, you drink it every 15 minutes.  After that first hour, you stop using the toilet and begin your hold.  You will find that you generate a lot of pee rapidly and will get desperate quite rapidly.  For a planned loss of bladder control (causing a planned accident), this is quite a fun technique.  Note that you will have frequent urgency for maybe a day afterward.  Stay close to a toilet and wear a diaper in case you don't make it to the toilet.  One nice thing is that since you are using the toilet, you can go number 2 and rapidly reload number 1.  This solves an issue for me that I get for long holds.  I tend to need to do 2, which releases 1 and messes up my hold.

Another option is is not to drink anything in particular, but to start a hold first thing in the morning.  Just hold on to your morning pee.  Remember, if you didn't go all night, you already have a good 8 hours hold from what you did during your sleep.  Try to hold onto it in the shower in the morning and wear something knowing that you might pee in them.

Nice to hear some other options from mine lol!

Personally for me it's beer, I'm not all that in to desperation or holding - I just love wetting so that does the job for me and nice and quick! Plus it lets me get rid of the inhibitions of stopping myself from doing it, I just think what the heck, I planned to do it so just do it, I do however add some challenges / gambles in to the mix to spice it up / if it will happen :)

Just now, Dampness said:

Nice to hear some other options from mine lol!

Personally for me it's beer, I'm not all that in to desperation or holding - I just love wetting so that does the job for me and nice and quick! Plus it lets me get rid of the inhibitions of stopping myself from doing it, I just think what the heck, I planned to do it so just do it, I do however add some challenges / gambles in to the mix to spice it up / if it will happen 🙂

I thought i was the only one that just enjoys the wetting not the desperation or holding.  Beer does a great job.  I unfortunately prefer Bourbon so it doesn't do the same job at filling me up. 

5 minutes ago, jpee said:

I thought i was the only one that just enjoys the wetting not the desperation or holding.  Beer does a great job.  I unfortunately prefer Bourbon so it doesn't do the same job at filling me up. 

I like Whiskey / Bourbon too, but I lead up to that with Beer / Wine ;) perfect for a soggy / sticky ending! :)