Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Lot of old stories being deleted?

Go to solution Solved by Kyuu,

On 2/1/2024 at 11:10 AM, Brittanybunny said:

Idk if its just me, but ive had so many fanfics and stories people have written here saved on my phone to go back to (non including anything against the rules) and all say “we cannot find that topic”. Are older things being deleted?

I also noticed as well! There was a story called Alice's Desperate School Day and it's sequel Desperate Saturday, and a movie theater desperation experience where a girl drinks 5 glasses of lemonade at Pizza Hut before watching Lucy (2014) with her sister at the theater together, which the main girl has a large pepsi and they both wet themselves near the end of the movie, which were some of my favorites on this site. I hope someone has them saved before the takedown.

15 hours ago, ana.stly said:

I don't think older fanfics are meant to be removed—Kyuu and I were talking recently about how older fanfics should be searchable.

Do you have the links by chance?  Maybe the author removed them?  It seems quite unlikely that any of the mods would've removed them from what you described.

I guess i ask because a month ago every link i had saved still worked, because like you said sometimes stuff gets deleted by users. But then i went to reread some a few weeks ago and nearly every single one when clicked said “we cannot find that topic” 

it just seemed so out of the blue that several users would delete their stories all in the same time frame. 

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/13203-a-fantasy-bound-gagged-and-desperate/

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/13459-lemonade-and-secrets/

just a few examples 

1 hour ago, ana.stly said:

Yeah, that looks like an error 403 or 404.  The error codes 2F173/X kinda confirm that.  Unfortunately regular users like us can't decipher error codes into anything more specific than that—but admins might.

Did you try opening a support ticket?  There's a big blue "Contact Us" button on the error page.

Thats why i asked here because i know some stories that have been wiped that i remembered that did involve things against the rules, so i wasn’t sure if all the fictional or nonfiction stuff was getting evaluated and taken down if it went against the site rules recently or if its maybe users taking them down or an error

32 minutes ago, Bucketman said:

The original wet note story was removed. Most likely because it includes the protagonist’s underaged sister doing things like wetting the bed 

Oh, that'll do it!!

1 hour ago, brown4182004 said:

If it helps, the first author was Lips on 1 Aug '14, and the second was Luna Love on 15 Aug '14.  Both have posts up from the same time period—are you positive there wasn't any content within those stories that might've been worthy of a take-down, like @Bucketman mentioned?

5 hours ago, Brittanybunny said:

I guess i ask because a month ago every link i had saved still worked, because like you said sometimes stuff gets deleted by users. But then i went to reread some a few weeks ago and nearly every single one when clicked said “we cannot find that topic” 

it just seemed so out of the blue that several users would delete their stories all in the same time frame. 

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/13203-a-fantasy-bound-gagged-and-desperate/

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/13459-lemonade-and-secrets/

just a few examples 

The latter was Jarvis Langley on 13 Apr '13, which predates any of that user's posts.  They appear to be active still, so you might be able to ask them privately.

Edited by ana.stly
Typo (see edit history)

We are re-reviewing a lot of the sites much older submissions to ensure they are compliant with our Rules and Guidelines. Our moderation was not nearly as active in the sites early days so we are trying to go through and make sure everything is properly re-reviewed before being re-published onto the site.

If you have links to posts you'd like us to manually review earlier than that you can post them here and I am happy to do so.

49 minutes ago, Kyuu said:

We are re-reviewing a lot of the sites much older submissions to ensure they are compliant with our Rules and Guidelines. Our moderation was not nearly as active in the sites early days so we are trying to go through and make sure everything is properly re-reviewed before being re-published onto the site.

If you have links to posts you'd like us to manually review earlier than that you can post them here and I am happy to do so.

so dumb question @Kyuu but does the wiping of stories also include fictional stories? lets say for example a lot of the harry potter fanfic ive seen, or ones people do based on shows? or is it strictly the real ones

4 hours ago, brown4182004 said:

The movie theater post cannot be re-approved, as this would be an example of posts that do not adhere to our current guidelines and should not be left active on the site. The first thread in particular contains posts from people describing intentionally wetting themselves on theater seats and leaving a mess for others to clean up, which violates our sites guidelines on vandalism. This is an example of why we are going through and re-reviewing posts from this time period to ensure everything is properly compliant with our current guidelines.

(The issues with vandalism of-course only apply to real-life experiences and not fiction; there's nothing wrong with fictional stories and artwork involving themes like this, nor is it against the rules to simply discuss such fantasies without expressing intent to actually do them.)

The third post cannot be approved as some of the characters listed are described as being under 18.

The last post is just a recent post that was removed by the author themselves, so we cannot restore it unless the author requests we do so.

4 hours ago, Brittanybunny said:

so dumb question @Kyuu but does the wiping of stories also include fictional stories? lets say for example a lot of the harry potter fanfic ive seen, or ones people do based on shows? or is it strictly the real ones

It is more or less all posts that are 6-7+ years old that are being re-reviewed. This encompasses hundreds of threads and will take some time for us to go through everything.

4 hours ago, Vorund Sorent said:

Can't say I'm a fan of content that has been hosted on the site since its early days without issue being removed.

While I get that sentiment, I sincerely believe it's for the best.  The rules establish a healthy culture for this community—which is why a lot of us like it here so much.  I actually quite appreciate the mod team going through all this effort to maintain that.

Besides, if lost media is a concern, most content here is also archived and/or cached off-site anyway.

7 hours ago, Vorund Sorent said:

Can't say I'm a fan of content that has been hosted on the site since its early days without issue being removed.

I am totally for it - though I wouldn't be on board with penalizing the users who posted it while it was allowed. Rules are allowed to change, and you take down things that are no longer appropriate. So long as the old accounts aren't retroactively being suspended for said content, I see no problem.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:27 AM, JamesK said:

I went ahead and reviewed and reapproved this post now. 

21 hours ago, LOLC2k said:

I am totally for it - though I wouldn't be on board with penalizing the users who posted it while it was allowed. Rules are allowed to change, and you take down things that are no longer appropriate. So long as the old accounts aren't retroactively being suspended for said content, I see no problem.

We don't generally issue warnings or suspensions for posts that are several years old, which would include these posts. 

On 2/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, Kyuu said:

Very respectable to do, and a decision I fully support

On 2/13/2024 at 1:02 PM, brown4182004 said:

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/18185-desperate-at-the-theatre/

Is this OK as well as long as it follows the guidelines?

5 hours ago, Jt1747 said:

I've reviewed and approved these now.