Sign In

[English RPG Maker Desperation Game] Aquarius

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Every day is going to be fun!" "Let's hope tomorrow is another exciting day as well!" Genre - Fantasy/Omorashi Platform - RPG Maker XP A game I've been working on with a story involving lots o

is the game actually fully done yet cuz if not y'd u even post it up ? <_< sometimes i question people's sanity

Happy 4th birthday Aquarius. Please come back to us soon.

Posted Images

This is a great game, I love the story so far. Its very interesting, you could turn it into a full blown universe if you wanted :D

Also, Augh, I give. I'm usually good at puzzles but I'm stumped. Is there a second hidden switch or something? Does enemies count, because I keep on running from any red enemies. How about the purple crystal, is that considered red also? Can someone please pm me the solution, I really want to continue on ^-^

Edited by Rinatro (see edit history)

Just another little remark (I seem to be giving out a lot of those ;) ) - when one of the girls had an accident, apparently they won't change their panties in the bathroom or their own room with no one else around (which seem to be the perfect places to do something like that - I'm speaking from experience here! :p)... could be something to look into?

Just another little remark (I seem to be giving out a lot of those ;) ) - when one of the girls had an accident, apparently they won't change their panties in the bathroom or their own room with no one else around (which seem to be the perfect places to do something like that - I'm speaking from experience here! :p)... could be something to look into?

You can change the panties at the dresser in the bedroom, but right now having an accident really doesnt affect anything anyway it seems.

Anyone who wants to offer however much help they want is free to do so.

Earlier in the thread someone offered programming and Tomatonlettuce is doing a great job so far as music composer (plus somehow she's managed to become a sort of advisor as well).

If someone even drew up their own original set of facial expressions for a character they want included and the design is good, I could probably work that in as well, as long as it fit.

I'd love to help, being a game programmer and all; although sadly I have no ruby experience.

Although, this has motivated me to create my own omorashi game series considering there are so few which revolve around story instead of simple fanservice. Just have to spend a few days creating my design document for it. I'll likely use xna.

Earlier in the thread someone offered programming and Tomatonlettuce is doing a great job so far as music composer (plus somehow she's managed to become a sort of advisor as well).

If someone even drew up their own original set of facial expressions for a character they want included and the design is good, I could probably work that in as well, as long as it fit.

If I could draw, I'd do it myself. I've edited sprites for RPG2003, but the XP sprites seem a little bit harder to make.

The only thing I can offer is additions into the story.

...and here he is: the next guy with a question about the puzzle :)

Can someone send me a PM with hints or the solution for it? I tried it for one hour now but I always get a warning "you didn't follow the rules - try again" :(

I love this game but the puzzle is quite hard without any hints except "don't press the red buttons" :(

What a great game! I hope you can find the time to continue working on it, I love what I'm seeing so far! :)

//edit: Okay, I've just finished the demo, and I had to come back to add some more praise to my post ^^... dude, this is the best omo-themed game I've ever seen! I love the drawings and the storyline seems deeper than in the other omo games I've tried. Excellent character design, too... Ria and Chrona are just super cute. I'd really love to see where this is going, so please, pleeeaase keep up the good work. This is absolutely amazing. I'm officially a fan now. :D

Edited by mattcatt (see edit history)

Please don't tell me I'm the only one. I swear there are other people that help you with that o.o

I'd actually help with the sprites too if I have the time and programs to do so... You can't help too much :p

that puzzle... it took me about a thousand tries, but I finally got it =D

The one with the switches, right? Yeah, that took me quite a while, too... that was a pretty cool puzzle. :)

The progress from "What? Where did I go wrong" to "Aaahh... I see what you did there..." was great in this one. :D

Too bad I've never used the RPG Maker (and I'm just horrible at drawing stuff), I'd so love to help programming this game...

I adore this game so so much! Its adorable and the way desperation is shown is great, its one of the first desperation RPG games I've actually enjoyed the non-desperation / wetting bits. I can't wait for a full finished version, this is one of the best things to come out of the downloads section here for a long time.

...but... I can't take that button puzzle anymore... seriously I've been stuck for 2 hours, I've looked at all the hints here and they don't help, I think all I need to do if find the secret switch but I've resorted to walking everywhere in the area and tapping 'enter' on everything but still nothing, I've looked just about everywhere for a hidden passage, including the areas before you reach the puzzle. At one point I figured it was impossible to solve and that if I kept getting it wrong and drinking from the fountain an automatic desperation scene would start up but after at least 50 attempts still nothing...

Basically I've lost all will to figure it out on my own anymore... can you PM the solution because I don't care anymore and just want to carry on with this amazing game... please...?

Firstly in case if no one noticed, secondly before this wonderful post is buried, this is the hint to the puzzle game.

Hint 1:

Buttons are not the only things that are red.

Hint 2:

Purple is not red.

Hint 3:

If you see something unavoidable that is red, deal with non-red things and wait until something happens. Patience is virtue and eventually it will open a new path.

Very professional, especially since it is a first release. Here is the list of bugs I have run into:

Unskippable cutscenes. If you try to hit enter a bunch of times to skip through a conversation you have seen before, you end up talking to the person again.

Strange area-transition behaviour. It can be tricky to find the exact part of a door to walk into to go through it.

No objective list. Exploration is fun, but some people are better off being reminded what they are supposed to be accomplishing at any given time, even if it is just the pretense to make them run into a scripted event that the charicter did not know was coming.

Enemies being scaled oddly in combat. Unless Ria and Chrona are supposed to be tiny compared to classmates.

No ability to turn sound off. Or at least no options screen.

The puzzle. Many people have complained about this, and I solved it only after reading some of the spoilers. The fact that random encounters happen inside it makes it hard to play with, especially since there is no introduction, you are just told to "solve it." Looking at the solution, the hint, and the "you are not finished" rebuff, there is no way I could have figured it out without hints from the board. Look carefully at the wording to make sure it can be solved by just reasoning and looking closely.

The opening act. This is a matter of opinion, of course, but the opening did not feel like a very strong hook. Until I reached the second segment, I did not really care much about the setting, charicters, or anything else. This is a shame, because once you get into it, it is very well done. Perhaps opening Chrona doing something exciting before Ria's narration begins would help the audience care.

And if you're still reading, things you did totally right:

Humor (I laughed out loud a couple of times)

Level of self-awareness.

Sympathetic, interesting charicters.

Bladder/faucet images.

Giving Ria a gun.

The author comes off as smart, which is a rare quality in games today. I look forward to future releases.

As another fan of the game who check this post almost everyday, I guess I'll have my words too :D

So I agree to almost everything in this comment, but here are a few points I have different opinions on :D Remember all opinions are equally valid. My opinion is no more valid than that of our waldenpond, neither is it another way around

Enemies being scaled oddly in combat

Hm I personally think it's just how the interface works and it's fine to me... And the combat system is getting a revamp soon anyways :p (hopefully)

And like people mentioned earlier, timestop is kind of too overpowerred. But again, the revamp will probably solve the issue :D And if not... well we, as players, always welcome overpowered spells :rolleyes:

The puzzle

Instead of that, I'm actually suggesting about maybe making a timer there or something, so the character can just leave the puzzle after they fail for 30 times or half an hour or something... How about taking advantage of the step count feature, since you already have that there anyways?

And if you're still reading, things you did totally right:

I totally agree to these as well! Also, the plot and the feeling this game gives are wonderful!! And even small details like the chicken item description and small conversation between Ria and Chrona are very nice and not missed out too! :D This game is so well-developed!

The author comes off as smart, which is a rare quality in games today. I look forward to future releases.

Same here! Too bad I don't think I have really anything I can provide for the development :( I'm only a student. I am taking an introductory java code class, although I don't think that's not gonna help much either.

Besides all these, I love the fact that the "hide" skill does not take mana in this game :D In those games which peeing outdoors take mana, like Wetter's Story (That one about Chiffon and her friends in a magical school), it gets a little bit more annoying... And more about Wetter's Story, there are options in that game to skip repeated cutscenes like certain repeated bedwetting scenes. In that game, you can do it by purchasing certain accessories ingame. Just something to throw in and consider if the same scene (like outdoor peeing) is going to be repeated for like 20+ times easily.

Also, just wondering, how is the development process? :D I can't wait until the next part is released!! Take your time though, don't rush it :) This is an entertainment and not a job. Thanks again for the awesome game!! <3

Edited by ilovemyfetish (see edit history)

Reading all these comments makes me feel like the only person who didn't need help on that puzzle. Maybe I just think in a different way, but I was able to get it on my third try after the "not only switches are red" hint.

Anyway, game's pretty enjoyable, especially for an RPG Maker game. Then again, maybe I haven't played many good RPG Maker games.

next version when