Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

[English RPG Maker Desperation Game] Aquarius

Am I correct that Ria can't pee anymore after she drank that stuff (wouldn't be to weird because you should first go question that criminal according to the plot) or do I have to wait longer before I can make her create the potion (her need doesn't increase past "holding it" at the moment)?

Yes, this part is not finished yet.

And is there somewhere where I can try the new learned hide-skill (before or after Ria drinks the potion), because I can't find a single place where one or both of the charcters don't tell you they're too ashamed to go at that place.

Somewhere where it's guaranteed that no one would see them doing such an embarrassing thing, of course. Like in the mountain trial area.
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Every day is going to be fun!" "Let's hope tomorrow is another exciting day as well!" Genre - Fantasy/Omorashi Platform - RPG Maker XP A game I've been working on with a story involving lots o

is the game actually fully done yet cuz if not y'd u even post it up ? <_< sometimes i question people's sanity

Happy 4th birthday Aquarius. Please come back to us soon.

Posted Images

I just wanted to tell you that I really loved this game and also finished the part the is finished until now, and I'm desperatly waiting for another release, 'cause this game is realy adicting to me.

Same here! This game is addicting and I actually check this thread every day to see if there's any updates :p However, Rainyday, remember this is an entertainment and not a job though :) Don't put too much stress on yourself :) After all, any art piece (especially great ones like this) would end up being even better when it's not done within a rush :p

edit: Oh and I have a question. You said that there's no use levelling because the combat system is going to get a revamp anyways... And how about money? Will it do us any good in future if we start saving now?

Edited by ilovemyfetish (see edit history)

I remember when I used to check the japanese omo game uploader almost every day, too.

That was where I learnt how to minimise suffering while waiting a completely unknown amount of time for something mostly vague.

Anyway, in future there's probably going to be a much easier way of getting money, too.

Really, what you should be most cautious of is the unlikely but possible situation that I add a new script that makes old savefiles incompatible, and you'll have to start again.

Though don't worry, if it happens I'll add in a way to speed through the early half of the game and skip cutscenes.

I remember when I used to check the japanese omo game uploader almost every day, too.

That was where I learnt how to minimise suffering while waiting a completely unknown amount of time for something mostly vague.

Anyway, in future there's probably going to be a much easier way of getting money, too.

Really, what you should be most cautious of is the unlikely but possible situation that I add a new script that makes old savefiles incompatible, and you'll have to start again.

Though don't worry, if it happens I'll add in a way to speed through the early half of the game and skip cutscenes.

I wouldn't even mind if I had to play it all over, because it's just fun (if it won't happen like twenty times).

It doesn't really matters yet because this part of the game isn't finished yet, but I wanted to tell you there's one thing that doesn't really work well if you start playing the last part of the demo: if you make Ria drink something else before you make her drink the potion, she will act like having to pee (not holding it) in the begining, while the status says she's holding it (because of the potion). This wouldn't really matter, but it gets a bit stranger: after some time she will get desperate, start leaking and finally have an accident, but after the accident, she is still holding the potion. Maybe you should think about disabeling the desperation system after Ria drinks the potion, or (if possible even better in my opionon), change the game a bit if she loses control after drinking the potion (maybe a "game over", or having to buy another potion and try again).

Maybe you should think about disabeling the desperation system after Ria drinks the potion

...That was supposed to happen, actually. Looking over the code of that part earlier today, I did find myself thinking 'Huh, where was the part where I disabled her desperation again? Oh well, it's probably somewhere'.

I guess that's a new bug, but I won't upload a new version yet since it's part of an unfinished arc.

It's Ria Question Time (the questions from another magical girl, not from a perverted mad scientist this time)!

Ria, you're the same age as Chrona, right? How do you feel about living with someone instead of having the whole room for yourself? What was your plan for the trial if Chrona didn't show up? Teaming up with Bianca, maybe? Does you school have no school uniforms? Uniform skirts are fine at first, but as you grow up, the skirts get shorter and shorter and show too much leg. That's probably why Chrona wears thigh highs. There was also that mean kid at the adventurer's town, he flipped Tomomi's skirt when she had to... and... nevermind. Can you ask Paprika what does she think about wearing shorts instead of the skirt during importand missions and events? They have their disadvantages, though, but... How do you feel about Nanoha and Fate? How do you feel about Chrona? And... pink or striped?

Guest Timekeeper

I'm having a horrible time with the puzzel, i've found the hidden switch and i make sure i'm only getting the blue, no red. I just don't know what i am doing wrong :s

It's Ria Question Time (the questions from another magical girl, not from a perverted mad scientist this time)!

Ria, you're the same age as Chrona, right? How do you feel about living with someone instead of having the whole room for yourself? What was your plan for the trial if Chrona didn't show up? Teaming up with Bianca, maybe? Does you school have no school uniforms? Uniform skirts are fine at first, but as you grow up, the skirts get shorter and shorter and show too much leg. That's probably why Chrona wears thigh highs. There was also that mean kid at the adventurer's town, he flipped Tomomi's skirt when she had to... and... nevermind. Can you ask Paprika what does she think about wearing shorts instead of the skirt during importand missions and events? They have their disadvantages, though, but... How do you feel about Nanoha and Fate? How do you feel about Chrona? And... pink or striped?

Yay!! And I doubted if Rias is actually clueless :p She sounded like she's actually clumsy when she lost track before the dinner with her friends, and when she accidentally stepped on Chrona's pee on the grass. But I see she's actually discerning in some other times, like when she wasn't deceived by the summoner's sad speech. And after Chrona uses her hide skill, Rias asked Chrona something like "relieved?" and Chrona was like "please don't tease me". I wonder if it implies that Rias is actually teasing Chrona by purpose when she says that. Well Rias is adorable either ways <3

I had way too much fun with one of these questions. You'll know which one it is.

post-13972-0-10738900-1350204947_thumb.p

post-13972-0-27871900-1350204948_thumb.p

post-13972-0-71197200-1350204949_thumb.p

post-13972-0-56965500-1350204953_thumb.p

post-13972-0-78868300-1350204957_thumb.p

(Bonus: Who spotted the one-line Nanoha reference in the game? There's literally only a 1/3 chance you'd see it, though.)

post-13972-0-10553500-1350204961_thumb.p

post-13972-0-79950600-1350204964_thumb.p

Yay!! And I doubted if Rias is actually clueless :p She sounded like she's actually clumsy when she lost track before the dinner with her friends, and when she accidentally stepped on Chrona's pee on the grass. But I see she's actually discerning in some other times, like when she wasn't deceived by the summoner's sad speech. And after Chrona uses her hide skill, Rias asked Chrona something like "relieved?" and Chrona was like "please don't tease me". I wonder if it implies that Rias is actually teasing Chrona by purpose when she says that. Well Rias is adorable either ways <3

Not to mention how her light bedtime reading is Nietzsche's Genealogy of Morality.

Edited by Rainyday (see edit history)

I could the problem is:

1) That people claiming mobs don't count isn't in spoilers either and I don't want people reading that and ruining their day the same way mine was ruined, and

2) If the puzzle design is so bad that there are more people who have to beg for the right answer than people anouncing they eventually solved it, the correct answer should probably be put up on billboard visable from space as a warning to people before they even start the game.

EDIT: also notably, I didn't give away the answer any more than any of the other posters here.

Edited by Archive (see edit history)

Archive, wouldn't the reasonable thing have been to take everything said by someone who hadn't solved the puzzle yet with a grain of salt?

If everything they said was correct, then they wouldn't have been having any problems.

Also, the difference is that people who've solved the puzzle themselves have no obligation to announce it, so you're getting quite a skewed impression of the ratio there.

A puzzle design is bad if upon finishing you think 'How could anyone have figured that out, I'd literally have to guess what the creator was thinking to understand the answer', it's good if you think 'That makes sense, I had a chance at solving it'.

Finally, yeah you kind of did give it away.

Not to mention how her light bedtime reading is Nietzsche's Genealogy of Morality.

I am less concerned about the "light" bedtime reading :p People can be super smart academic-wise and still be clumsy. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more people here have bedtime readings like that... Well at least I'm a student so I'm not surprised :p I'm more math-oriented at the moment though. I moved to the US a couple years back then, and reading English had been pretty tough for me. :)

edit: Oh and I almost forgot to mention that THE RIA QUESTION TIME IS AWESOME <3 Thanks so much for drawing that

Edited by ilovemyfetish (see edit history)

The puzzle was hard, yeah, but I like it that way. The concept is so simple: Just dont turn any red switches (you are to assume that pink counts as red, which I didn't at first), and turn on any other switches.

It took me about 20 tries (approx, i didnt count them) to beat it on my own. It was quite frustrating, but also rewarding when I finally got it. It was a bit of trial and error, and a bit of critical thinking. It was magical. It was really good that the desperation system wasn't working at that point in the game (just invision how annoying that would be).

It was a very good puzzle and I'm really looking forward to playing more of these puzzles, with similar difficulty but hopefully different mechanics (for variety reasons).

Edited by Yurushite (see edit history)

- It's okay, magic vision is always like that

- Freeze the world and the very vibrations of mana! Ice Banisher!

- Foot soldiers! Sachiko-san and Yuzuhara-san from Rance series would make a good team, actually.

- Isn't it troublesome?

- But she sounds like someone who would like wearing shorts. And when will we get that unintroduced character introduced? We're looking forward to it!

- I'm sure it's the "I am the bone of my sword".

- So they are not striped, are they?

- Freeze the world and the very vibrations of mana! Ice Banisher!

- I'm sure it's the "I am the bone of my sword".

It's just occurred to me that despite all of her protests about ridiculous naming and catchphrases, Chrona is still the one who says 'Seize the world within an instant; Zeit Einfrieren!' almost every single time she uses her magic.

I think Iris probably taught her to do it when she was young and now she's said it so much that she doesn't realize how it sounds.

- So they are not striped, are they?

Pastel with very subtle lace around the top.

So maybe I'm missing something simple here, but what exactly do I need to do to "kick off" the game? I've visited the town, talked to people, explored the castle, visited the shop, drunk some liquid... and can't go to dinner because I have extra time.. and the "desperation system hasn't started yet" because I haven't done certain events.

Can I get some sort of a hint here? Right now I'm just wandering around town and have no idea what I'm doing... did I miss something?