Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Meet up of the Open Map Orienteering group - Brimham Rocks

Would anyone be interested in meeting up on Saturday at Brimham Rocks for a picnic lunch.

I've tried to host these events a few times in different locations, Twice at Calke Abbey, which surprisingly has good WiFi in the forest. Once at Fountains Abbey which was a disaster, no discreet cover, far too many people and no WiFi. And once before at Brimham Rocks.

The pretend cover for the event is that of a walking group.

I've even had lanyards made up.

20220907_164828.jpg

2 hours ago, MasterOptometrist said:

I'm nowhere near where you are, but you've hosted this before? I'm curious as to what the turnout was like given it's just like an anonymous internet invite.

So far each time I have suggested a meet, either giving plenty of notice, or a flash event.

I have been the only attendee.

However I will run it in the live stream tomorrow. Showing that I did have the guts, to post on here a time and place that I was willing to meet like minded people on neutral ground. And that I did actually go to the location I suggested, at the time and on the day put forward.

I would love to meet up with other like minded individuals, and by suggesting and attending these events and posting about them I hope others will appreciate my sincerity and choose to join me.

21 minutes ago, AnotherGuy said:

The idea of meeting a stranger for this sort of thing is probably rather daunting for most people. I hope you can make it work though.

I fully appreciate that.

If it hadn't been for life changing surgery last year, I also would be very nervous.

For now all I can do is plan and make sure I attend any event I host, to prove my sincerity.

If others were to attend, I would expect us just sat in a group chatting. 

I wouldn't be wetting myself Infront of others unless I knew that everyone was comfortable beforehand.

As for being nervous. I'm also nervous which is why I'm suggesting meeting in walking and hiking locations outside in the middle of nowhere, where nobody knows anyone.

Ten years ago I'd heard of a group meeting in a pub in Manchester.

I never plucked up the courage to go, and I do regret it, but it was a long way to travel, and I just didn't think it was real.

This is why I turn these non events, into a live vlog. To prove I was there and it did happen.

• 2 months later...

I'm a few months behind but I'm curious as to how this turned out? Any success yet?

I occasionally search on here for people looking to meet up but it doesn't seem to be something people are interested in. Or at least, not something that women are interested in😂 which honestly is understandable.

I don't think this kind of meetup would be for me personally as I'm not especially interested in just chatting with strangers who have the same kink as me. More meeting a potential partner (casual or otherwise) who has this kink.

Still, I'm curious whether it works out. I feel like even if one or two people turned up and it went well, their word of mouth on here would probably attract more people.
And I appreciate the effort you've gone to getting those cards made up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, Tall Cake said:

I'm a few months behind but I'm curious as to how this turned out? Any success yet?

I occasionally search on here for people looking to meet up but it doesn't seem to be something people are interested in. Or at least, not something that women are interested in😂 which honestly is understandable.

I don't think this kind of meetup would be for me personally as I'm not especially interested in just chatting with strangers who have the same kink as me. More meeting a potential partner (casual or otherwise) who has this kink.

Still, I'm curious whether it works out. I feel like even if one or two people turned up and it went well, their word of mouth on here would probably attract more people.
And I appreciate the effort you've gone to getting those cards made up.

To answer your questions, no; so far nobody from here has ever joined me in person.

I can't say I'm surprised, however all I can do is prove that I did go to the place I suggested meeting at, on the day and time I proposed to meet up.

My hope is people realise that I'm genuine.

Equally I am also nervous, which is why I suggest meeting on neutral ground, under the the guise of a walking group.

As for the card's they are just cheap vista print business cards, but they help give that organised feel. It's the same camouflage you get with a high Viz jacket. 

On 10/13/2023 at 12:04 AM, TheLoneRanger said:

To answer your questions, no; so far nobody from here has ever joined me in person.

I can't say I'm surprised, however all I can do is prove that I did go to the place I suggested meeting at, on the day and time I proposed to meet up.

My hope is people realise that I'm genuine.

Equally I am also nervous, which is why I suggest meeting on neutral ground, under the the guise of a walking group.

As for the card's they are just cheap vista print business cards, but they help give that organised feel. It's the same camouflage you get with a high Viz jacket. 

It seems that there are a few people on here who would be keen for a meet up (like nistoy ^^^). I suppose it's a question of who's close enough/willing to make the trip and who might just (understandably) bottle it at the last minute. If nothing else, at least you get a nice day out in the countryside, even if nobody else turns up.

I respect your commitment. I hope people do start to come round.

12 hours ago, Tall Cake said:

It seems that there are a few people on here who would be keen for a meet up (like nistoy ^^^). I suppose it's a question of who's close enough/willing to make the trip and who might just (understandably) bottle it at the last minute. If nothing else, at least you get a nice day out in the countryside, even if nobody else turns up.

I respect your commitment. I hope people do start to come round.

In reality it's no different to doing a live hold, with people interacting during the hold.

It's a case of deciding when and where you will be, then telling others what you plan on doing.