Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Tips on Hygiene for 24/7?

Hi everyone! First time poster here; so happy to have found such a great community so far ☺️

I wanted to ask those of you who wear more often best practices for keeping me safe during!

I've been wearing diapers with occasional frequency normally, indulging one every now and again when I can. I don't live in a situation where I can wear all the time unfortunately, so I've never been in a diaper/s longer than 12 hours or so. I mention it to say that I've pretty much always showered immediately after taking one off because I know that urine/feces can be hazardous to skin.

I'm also getting the opportunity within a month to wear 24/7 at home for however long 20 diapers lasts me (max 2 weeks). It's my biggest order ever 🤭

I'm only going to be wearing at home, so I'm sure that cuts down the risk of rashes/irritation. I'm also going to shower and change out of messy diapers (almost as 🥰) soon as possible.

Some things I wanted to ask about; will I need barrier cream and baby powder, or will both be overkill? Do I need to put time between my changes to air out (megamaxes aren't really breathable diapers)? Also, I normally try and maximize the use of each diaper; how long should I limit each diaper? 

I realize this is a long post; thanks for your time, and your suggestions! I start on the 28th of June until I run out of diapers, if anyone was interested! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Enjoy Yourself ✌️

Edited by Letsgooo
The word "injury" makes it seem like I am intentionally being reckless to my health (see edit history)

Hello! 
welcome to the community. 
Well that sounds like a lot of fun. 

I don’t wear 24/7, and in reality often go a week or two without even a single diaper… but then again, there are times when my life is quieter, and I have time for more self care, more pleasure.. more diapers! During such moments I could wear pretty much continuously, and that could last 2-3 days. I’ve also been wearing diapers for pleasure and practical reasons for over 20 years, so have some experience. 

With regards to hygiene, this is obviously a big one. I am all for having serious fun with this kink, but for our own health and wellness, and for the comfort of those around us, it is indeed great to pay attention to the hygiene. The main one you have already clarified.. messing - you will change pretty swiftly after, good move. Ideally a spray down in a shower to really get clean, especially if you do spend some quality time in your messy diaper before changing. 

Beyond that, I do try to spray myself clean even after a long wet diaper session, but if not convenient, some decent wet wipes will do the trick. I would recommend the ones that don’t contain plastic. Baby/toddler ones will do fine especially for wet diaper changes. 

I have never done baby powder, so can’t talk into that, but I do sometimes use a barrier cream if I will be wearing a long time, and if I am going to wear on a more active ‘adventure’ just to minimize chaffing really.  If I am just going to be in the house, then I will not bother with either. 

I will generally wear a (wet only) diaper until it leaks. Or until I need to change because I am going out, or if I am about to start a task that will take some time, and I am already close to leaking. I never personally change because I feel I have just been in a diaper too long. When it leaks, it gets changed is the general rule. 

I am not sure if you will get 2 weeks out of 20 diapers if you will be wearing quite so intensely, but I am pretty confident you will have a wonderful experience. I’d suggest trying to hold the bladder every once in a while. I find that when I wear 24/7 I get into a pattern of letting out even small squirts… rather than really holding it at all. I do feel the effects of that when I go back to my Calvin Kleins. My bladder always bounces back, but it can take some time, and that is a bit annoying. 

wishing you all the best !

andrew