Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I accidentally peed myself in the car the other day. I figured that starting with this tale would be a wonderful way to become involved in the community here, which is something I would like to do.

My mother and I were travelling in the car for an hour and a half. We had to travel to a hospital that wasn't in the same town as mine in order to see and pick up an elderly relative. I had downed a full can of V energy on the way. After I used the restroom when we got there, we went shopping for a while before picking him up.

On the drive home, the desperation hit. We had purchased some McDonald's and more drinks before leaving. I was halfway home and in dire need of a pee. Asking my mother to pull over so I could urinate while my relative was there wasn't really an option because I experience such severe anxiety. I was about 30 minutes away from getting home when I realized that I couldn't keep it in. In addition to the incessant shaking down my spine, my bladder was in excruciating pain. I simply wanted to cry, to be honest. I desperately needed to leave, but I was afraid to tell my mother while my relative was there. For another ten minutes, I fought to hold my crotch, but I had to go so badly that I finally gave in and let myself urinate. I made an effort to absorb as much of it as I could with my shirt, pants, and hoodie. I was sitting in the back car peeing in my pants, but my mother and other relative were not aware of this. Of course, this is the one occasion where I chose not to wear a diaper. Usually, when I travel by car, I pack a diaper, but this time, I thought I'd see how I'd do without one. Clearly I need it haha! The rest of the ride was spent sitting in my damp, freezing clothing, but at least I was relieved.

When we got back, we still had to assist my relative in getting back into his home, and I was simply clumsily attempting to cover up the wet patches on my clothes, making it clear that I had just urinated on myself. I'm grateful that I only had a small amount of urine on the seat; I was able to absorb the majority of it with my clothes. Thankfully, I don't believe my mother found out.

Sounds like a rough day, these things can happen to anyone though. It's always a good idea to be prepared when you're going to be in a car for a long time with limited bathroom opportunities, also, it's not uncommon for people to have shy bladders or feel weird about telling people they need to go, but needing to pee is nothing to be ashamed about everyone pees and it's okay to admit you have human needs.

On 5/14/2023 at 8:03 AM, wetaccident said:

Oof, I'm sorry that happened to you. Did you manage to hide your accident ok?

I can imagine how embarrassing and uncomfortable it was. Do you think you would have been able to tell your mom about needing to stop if your relative wasn't there or is it a general anxiety about anyone knowing you need to pee?

Yeah, I'm glad to say they didn't notice, thankfully. I just have a huge anxiety in general, so I try and hold it when I'm around other people usually. Its really crippling, honestly, I don't ever even really leave the house haha.

I'm grateful that nobody found out.

Wow, such an incredible community. I was pleasantly surprised to hop on today and discover that my post had received 6 responses. That means that 6 people around the world took time out of their day to read my story and comment. I wasn't expecting any replies at all, so this really has sparked me with a bit of joy. 

Edited by LonelyCallum (see edit history)