Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Thoughts on Porta-Potties?

Thoughts on Porta-Potties?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the concept/use of portable toilets?

• The concept/sight of them disgust me, as does using them.
    • The concept/sight of them turn me on, but using them disgusts me.
    • The concept/sight of them disgust me, but using them turns me on.
    • The concept/sight of them turn me on, as does using them.
    • I have no opinion/I don't know

I love desperation and I love the idea of someone needing to use the toilet, regardless of what toilet. Yet I understand that the general opinion around portable toilets is that they're disgusting. I don't disagree with this either, as I find no enjoyment in using them myself with how unsanitary they are. However, that the same time, I feel this sense of arousal anytime I see them due to their correlation to desperation and piss.

What do you guys think about them?

Yea they are mostly disgusting. As a male I don't have to sit on or touch anything.  So I use them to pee only, never number 2. I don't know how woman deal with that. Imagine they must be pretty desperate to sit or hover to pee. It is likely has reached the point that she is seriously suffering in pain  that she can't  take anymore, or about to pee in her pants

I do like to listen to the sound of a woman peeing in a port-a-potty as well as hoping someone hears me.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

My opinion of portal toilets is different depending on how clean or dirty it is and whether or not I need to use it. Normally, as I am a man, if I have to urinate, I have no problem, if I have to shit, if I really want to poop, sometimes it doesn't even matter if it's dirty, it's better to sit for 5 minutes in a place of dubious hygiene than to have to shit in my pants in public.

@wettingman

"Yea they are mostly disgusting. As a male I don't have to sit on or touch anything.  So I use them to pee only, never number 2. I don't know how woman deal with that. Imagine they must be pretty desperate to sit or hover to pee. It is likely has reached the point that she is seriously suffering in pain  that she can't  take anymore, or about to pee in her pants"

This is another one of those perfect examples of how these are unfair situations as I think guys are very lucky in that if a toilet is really awful if they just have to pee they don't have to worry about because they don't have to debate whether they want their ass making contact with that filthy and disgusting contraption! But needless to say if I had to pee badly enough I am a lot less picky.

@Cristiano97

"My opinion of portal toilets is different depending on how clean or dirty it is and whether or not I need to use it. Normally, as I am a man, if I have to urinate, I have no problem, if I have to shit, if I really want to poop, sometimes it doesn't even matter if it's dirty, it's better to sit for 5 minutes in a place of dubious hygiene than to have to shit in my pants in public."

Here I would have to agree, if it's a choice between having an accident or using a cringe were the toilet I would still probably use the toilet. Of course having to poop in public under any circumstances is really terrible but having to do so in a really disgusting toilet is a lot worse, especially if it's not a toilet that flushes!

@LostLittleOne

"If you're talking about the usually blue or green "outhouse" type situations which are often at festivals et cetera?  Absolutely disgusting.  I'll use it if I have to."

Blue or green porta potty's I haven't really had much experience with that I would certainly take them over using a genuine outhouse.

I remember one time in upstate New York I did use a genuine outhouse which had very little privacy where it was basically just six holes in the ground and where if you looked into one of the other holes on the other side of you somebody could easily see you going. The most mortifying thing is that when I encountered this monstrosity I ended up having to poop and I know that a lot of people were certainly looking on the other side!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first rule in public restrooms is never to sit or touch anything, whether to poop or pee!

Porta potties are hideous, but often necessary.
The most beautiful are those that also have a small urinal on the side wall: males can piss sideways in it without dirtying the seat.

My favorite situation, however, is the one in festivals or big concerts, where there are many women in line in front of porta potties... and the boys pee a few meters from them in the urinals or even on the ground, behind the toilets or on trees and on the bushes. I love it when there are women in the bathroom queue who can see men happily peeing. This is freedom!

@NormalPeople

"My favorite situation, however, is the one in festivals or big concerts, where there are many women in line in front of porta potties... and the boys pee a few meters from them in the urinals or even on the ground, behind the toilets or on trees and on the bushes. I love it when there are women in the bathroom queue who can see men happily peeing. This is freedom!"

For the guys peeing maybe, for the women it is quite torturous!

@AlphaBladder

"They gross me out, and my wife agrees. I can’t remember the last time I used one. One thing that does excite me is that because my wife avoids them at all costs, if she gets in line for one, it means that she really has to go. I think that’s the case for a lot of people."

I think it is definitely true, I think a lot of women would only use a porta potty in a true emergency, so when you see someone waiting in line for a porta potty there is a good chance that they are actually pretty desperate, and the fact that they waited that long before even considering using it probably also means there is more likelihood that is going to be messy when they finally do go! This naturally will compound the problem…

I agree with @DesperateJill and @Cristiano97 They're a necessary evil. If it's choice between being in pain, having an accident or using a porta potty, I will choose the porta potty every time. It doesn't  make the porta potty any less gross, though. There are actually permanent porta potties all over my city. I live in a major city in the US, and most businesses, even McDonald's, won't let you use the bathroom without paying/being a customer. The only places you can reliably use the bathroom are grocery stores and libraries. So, there's a decent problem with people using the bathroom outside. I've encountered human shits just on the street or in an alley on a couple of occasions. This is especially a problem for homeless people, but many people who aren't homeless also find themselves in predicaments. So, as gross as they are, it's a good thing that the city put up permanent porta potties all over. 

I wouldn't go out of my way to use one, but it beats the pain and panic of holding a full bladder with nowhere to relieve myself. I'm always happy to see one when I need to go. They also provide a reasonable level of privacy, unlike some of the more immodest open air urinals, etc. I would never be comfortable putting my genitals on display like that, let alone be able to relax enough to urinate. I would sooner hold until I wet myself if need be. 

Guest Ciambry

Large events require plenty of those. However, I find them gross. I tried to use them a couple of times since my bladder was screaming, but I ended up entering and leaving immediately. Terrible smell and so dirty. I may have been unlucky, of course, but I feel proud in saying that I’ve never used those

On 6/7/2023 at 3:28 AM, Ciambry said:

Large events require plenty of those. However, I find them gross. I tried to use them a couple of times since my bladder was screaming, but I ended up entering and leaving immediately. Terrible smell and so dirty. I may have been unlucky, of course, but I feel proud in saying that I’ve never used those

What did you do instead? I dislike using them too but it's been 100% necessary a few times. I couldn't imagine walking back out.

Guest Ciambry

I walked back and mentally change my approach into “I just have to keep holding it”. In one occasion, I eventually waited until I was back at home, while in another one I went during dinner at a restaurant. 

I admit it was very hard to walk back in both occasions, but I couldn’t take a pee in those toilets.

If I’ll find the time and there is interest, I could tell more about these kind of stories in the right section. I’m new to this forum and still haven’t found the time to do so

I don’t like any toilets when they are busy. I’ve never been to a place where there were only Porta-Potties. But if I did I would find a quiet tree to wee behind. If no quiet area I would hold it in as I have a really strong bladder. I need to work out my bladder index. I feel girls should learn to stand up to wee then they can be discrete too. 

Strangely enough, I ran into this topic from a totally different direction, researching various latrine construction and waste management methods developed for campsites and survival retreats. Most of the problems with using Port-A-Johns and the like are organizational rather than built into the design: Too few of them get set up for too many people (which also contributes to long lines) or they are used as a temporary solution to waste management for far longer than originally planned, like when a construction project is behind schedule. (The last one is why refugee camps get such a bad reputation for the health of the occupants, incidentally, because the camps often have to be used for months or years longer than the crisis that prompted them was expected to last.)

On 6/7/2023 at 8:28 AM, Ciambry said:

So what happened with the bladder that was screaming?