Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

28 minutes ago, Nanon said:

I got a flash quiz that I failed, and after the timer was up it did not progress. This was on level 1. It says "Forfeit complete, time to get on with the game" but it does not change from this point. I have tested this twice with two different quizzes.

I have fixed it and removed the bug, sorry about that, totally didn’t notice

Edited by Mycall (see edit history)
10 minutes ago, Nanon said:

no worries mate, I appreciate the quick response, this challenge is one of my favorites

Thanks mate, hopefully it should be a little more fun without the bug 🤦‍♂️

Word of warning the explicit option is quite naughty.

You must have started playing pretty much as soon as I put it up. If you are still in the game it might need to be reloaded to apply the fix. Apologies one again for not spotting the problem 

More bug reports:

-Getting to level 2 and choosing "no" to the explicit option causes the challenge to not progress.

-I chose "yes" on level 2 for the explicit option, but after a few tasks it told me I had completed level 1 and brought me back to the main menu.

-Choosing "yes" again on level 2, it gave me a few tasks until I could only do the four minute sketch task. After the four minutes were up it would not progress to the next task.

6 hours ago, Nanon said:

More bug reports:

-Getting to level 2 and choosing "no" to the explicit option causes the challenge to not progress.

-I chose "yes" on level 2 for the explicit option, but after a few tasks it told me I had completed level 1 and brought me back to the main menu.

-Choosing "yes" again on level 2, it gave me a few tasks until I could only do the four minute sketch task. After the four minutes were up it would not progress to the next task.

Well that was embarrassing, I should have asked you to bug check it before I published 🤣🤣🤣

Have fixed those little bugs, think I got a bit carried away trying to be all clever and adding those additional features. The Milovana editor is super basic so adding in additional options is always a bit confusing.

Should work properly now

On 4/28/2023 at 4:12 AM, fullerthanfull said:

Seems like the drawing task on level 2 (4 min sketch) still gets stuck for me.

I have no idea what was wrong with that, looked perfect in the editor but was behaving slightly strangely when I tested it, wasn’t getting stuck but seemed to skip past some of the text.

I just deleted the entire task and remade it and now it appears to work consistently.

What is confusing though it this task isn’t in level 2 it’s in level 1. Just wondering if you made a typo or if something in the tease led you back into level 1.

Level 0 has 15 minute drawing and level 1 has 4 minute.

11 hours ago, FluffyJade said:

Haven't tried it after the update but I really liked the original! Probably gonna mess with it again soon. I actually tried my hand at making one a while ago but I got a bit over-enthusiastic with ideas and never ended up getting it finished ;_;

My only advice with making a tease is to work out a framework of how the pages link and connect before you start. I didn’t do this at the beginning and then basically had to start again when I worked out how to link stuff together properly.

In this tease everything split into levels and each level has an evaluation page that checks if you need a drink, adds to your score and then sends you back to a random task. When a task is completed it is disabled for the rest of the round.

If you get the framework built first you can then have a blank task that includes the essential actions to make the game work and just keep making copies of it and adding the details to make additional tasks.

I confused myself by adding additional features to what was already a fairly complex game which threw a few bugs into the mix 🤦‍♂️

Hope that makes sense my brain is having an autistic moment and I am not sure if I am explaining anything coherently 🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Mycall said:

My only advice with making a tease is to work out a framework of how the pages link and connect before you start. I didn’t do this at the beginning and then basically had to start again when I worked out how to link stuff together properly.

In this tease everything split into levels and each level has an evaluation page that checks if you need a drink, adds to your score and then sends you back to a random task. When a task is completed it is disabled for the rest of the round.

If you get the framework built first you can then have a blank task that includes the essential actions to make the game work and just keep making copies of it and adding the details to make additional tasks.

I confused myself by adding additional features to what was already a fairly complex game which threw a few bugs into the mix 🤦‍♂️

Hope that makes sense my brain is having an autistic moment and I am not sure if I am explaining anything coherently 🤣🤣🤣

Nono, yeah that does make sense I think. I kinda started laying bricks without a blueprint I think, which didn't get me very far. If I try again I will probably try to be more organized. As well as organizing the images I'll use better. I dunno if I will give it a second shot since itll be a time investment but could be fun.

5 hours ago, FluffyJade said:

Nono, yeah that does make sense I think. I kinda started laying bricks without a blueprint I think, which didn't get me very far. If I try again I will probably try to be more organized. As well as organizing the images I'll use better. I dunno if I will give it a second shot since itll be a time investment but could be fun.

Yeah it takes a long time to build the games because the editor is so basic. Would be great if it had some kinda map or patch bay that gave you an overview of where pages went. It’s way to easy to screw something up and have a page link to nowhere or somewhere it shouldn’t go.

If you do try again definitely start with a blueprint and get the core concept working before going into any depth with the details. It will make everything a million times easier.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 2:51 PM, Mycall said:

I have no idea what was wrong with that, looked perfect in the editor but was behaving slightly strangely when I tested it, wasn’t getting stuck but seemed to skip past some of the text.

I just deleted the entire task and remade it and now it appears to work consistently.

What is confusing though it this task isn’t in level 2 it’s in level 1. Just wondering if you made a typo or if something in the tease led you back into level 1.

Level 0 has 15 minute drawing and level 1 has 4 minute.

Figured it out. If you haven't chosen to post on this site, then get to level 2, click "I need to pee", click "Desperate/ leaking", click "I need to pee" (again), and click "I don't want to post", you're sent to Level-1-drink instead of Level-3.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My SO will be out of town tomorrow (actually it's already today, well past midnight and into 2024 here), so I'll do this once again. I've made some fixes to my own copy, if I get it ready by that time, I'll try that version. Remains to be seen is it too cold to go outside for release. It's now -17 C (about zero F)