Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female INCONTINENCE PADS vs PULL UPS

As you read in my previous posts I'm suffering from urgent incontinence..

I'm wearing incontinence pads in my panties to stay dry. But I know there are other alternative - absorbent panties or pull ups.

I consider pull ups has one important inconvenience - you must take off completely your pants and pantyhose to change them at office toilet or public toilet.

Otherwise you just tear off wet used incontinence pad and stick down a new pad into your panties. That's why I prefer pads.

So my question is: who wears pull ups, how do you change them at work or public toilets? And why do you choose pull ups instead of incontinence pads?

The changing issue is the obvious disadvantage with pull-ups. But they are designed for heavier incontinence than pads, in particular they often have leak guards which help to contain more substantial wettings (e.g. urge accidents rather than small leaks), and the all-in-one design is more secure than a “loose” underwear-worn pad.

If you want the absorbency and security of a pull-up but you’re in a situation where changing them would be awkward, a lighter tape-fastening nappy would be an alternative.

It is actually possible to put on a new pull-up without removing your pants and shoes but it takes a bit of practice.

First take the used one off by ripping the sides. Then sitting down with your pants around your ankles set up the new pull-up the way you would wear it in your pants. Stretch one side of the new pull-up way out the bottom of your pant leg and feed your shoe through the leg hole and pull it up a bit. Then repeat with the other side and pull everything back up.

You might want to practice a bit with clean feet because it's easy to accidentally get dirt from your shoe inside the pull-up if you don't stretch it enough.

Hopefully that helps! I feel like the Always Discreet pull-ups might be the best fit for you, especially those new(ish) black ones start super thin but hold a lot. Good luck!

At work, I usually wear a pad because the bathrooms are not too far away. I’ve never had a full on accident at work (I have come pretty close), so I’m fine with a pad at work. But when I’m in public say shopping, for example, I usually wear pull-ups. It is pretty annoying for me to take off my pants and/or pantyhose all the way off, but I still prefer pull-ups because my leaks are usually pretty heavy, so I need the extra protection. When the urge hits me, I have a maximum 1-2 minutes before I lose control. This means I rarely get to the bathroom in time, let alone into a stall (in public at least). I do sometimes wear pads if I know I’m going to be 

Edited by Mary127
Spelling (see edit history)
10 hours ago, zinpaws said:

It is actually possible to put on a new pull-up without removing your pants and shoes but it takes a bit of practice.

First take the used one off by ripping the sides. Then sitting down with your pants around your ankles set up the new pull-up the way you would wear it in your pants. Stretch one side of the new pull-up way out the bottom of your pant leg and feed your shoe through the leg hole and pull it up a bit. Then repeat with the other side and pull everything back up.

You might want to practice a bit with clean feet because it's easy to accidentally get dirt from your shoe inside the pull-up if you don't stretch it enough.

Hopefully that helps! I feel like the Always Discreet pull-ups might be the best fit for you, especially those new(ish) black ones start super thin but hold a lot. Good luck!

A lot of thanks but I rather would take off my pants completely and then take on again.. And your advice doesn't count pantyhose ((

So I prefer pads. Pull ups only when I really will not have toilet access....

On 4/10/2023 at 12:33 AM, zinpaws said:

How do these compare to the pull-ups from NorthShore, the GoSupremes? I can’t get one of those to hold a full bladder wetting. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...