Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Exploiting Lucid Dreaming & Diaper Experiences

Hey there, everyone. Pardon me if my post seems very confusing, I just had the strangest experience I've had in a while-

So, I've wanted to mess around with lucid dreaming for a long time, though I rarely tried very persistently. Every now and again, I would become aware of me being in a dream, and wake up either upon realizing, or a few minutes after.

Today... Wow, I have no idea what in the world was going on. I had either 3 or 4 instances of becoming lucid, but in the weirdest, non-lucid ways? Like the situations were limited, and I was aware of that, as I REALLY did not want to wake up.

I'll spare you all the details, and just cover a bit of the fun part: Between the lucid dreams, I am not certain how many times I really woke up in real life, or whether a dream-ception occurred... like, I woke up and was aware that I had a lucid dream, inside another dream I was not lucid in... (Paradoxical, right??)

Now that I am really awake and am writing this, I have reality-checked like 25 times. Lol

Anyway, in the lucid parts, I managed to pee in the pullup I was wearing, which is the exact same one I was wearing as I fell asleep initially. Nothing special, but I wondered if I would wake up wet. Did I?.... ----Nope. 😕

But the final lucid dream I had, I was so weirded out when I woke up for real, I even checked my pullup as one of the first things, I was sweating like hell and started reality-checking to find that I was indeed awake. I quickly began nothing down what I remembered, in case I could become lucid more in the future.

So I was wondering, if any of you guys/gals have played around with lucid dreaming, maybe have some interesting experiences with diapers or wetting?

I am particularly also interested in, if you've woken up to a wet diaper/bed/clothes in real life, and/or what fun experiences you have with exploiting lucid dreaming for testing out less plausible things to check in the real world?

Cheers!

I used to dream lucid on my own as a kid, but I somehow lost the ability to. I really want to try it again, but never flicked the switch to make a serious attempt. Maybe I will read some stuff about it as my next project and then see what I can do. I am really surprised you did not wet yourself. Every time I was dreaming about using the bathroom I woke up wet, but maybe it is a oneway-street.

1 hour ago, NouveauWolf said:

I get lucid dreams occasionally and often use them for diaper play, but none have ever produced a wet or messy accident irl. Incidentally I had a very intense non-lucid dream about soaking a Megamax the other day. Woke up in a panic totally sure I'd wet the bed, but nothing.

Ah, nice! Any tips for recurring lucid dreaming, and how to stay in them longer?

It's weird how accidents don't carry over, but probably pretty good sometimes.

1 hour ago, Tailsuser said:

I used to dream lucid on my own as a kid, but I somehow lost the ability to. I really want to try it again, but never flicked the switch to make a serious attempt. Maybe I will read some stuff about it as my next project and then see what I can do. I am really surprised you did not wet yourself. Every time I was dreaming about using the bathroom I woke up wet, but maybe it is a oneway-street.

I always found it a neat ability, I wish I knew how to consistently do it every night, just feels like pure efficiency.

Yeah, I definitely thought I would wake up wet on that one, but nope. Maybe it's because one is aware of their own actions in lucid dreams, so there's like a line? Not sure, but I kinda hoped, cause I definitely thought while dreaming "oh maybe I'll wake up wet, that'd be neat-"

1 hour ago, HentaiKami said:

Ah, nice! Any tips for recurring lucid dreaming, and how to stay in them longer?

It happens to me fairly randomly, but there are some strategies that increase the frequency. The single best thing is to nap. Waking up and then going back to bed is ideal. If you can get yourself in a situation where you are thoroughly rested, but can still get back to sleep riding sleep inertia, I find it's infinitely more likely to happen. Beyond that, I've also noticed similar results taking Gingko before sleep. Gingko makes it very difficult to fall asleep, though (likely the reason it works) so I'd only really recommend it if you're after lucid dreams specifically and not also a good night's rest. 

As for staying in lucid dreams, my experience has been that there seems to be a "budget" for lucid actions, and I can usually feel viscerally how close I am to breaking myself out. In general, the more changes I make and the bigger they are, the more likely I am to induce a wake-up. Chilling out and going along with it does seem to reduce that budget over time. I have also heard some people describe grounding strategies that can pull you back in if you're losing it, or help solidify the dream in a hurry. One that sometimes works for me is rubbing my hands together. I suspect the reason it works is because somebody told me it would, but hey, I'm telling you, so maybe it'll work for you, too.

I think I'll dust off my lucid dreaming skills once more. Being incontinent I wake up wet every morning, so I can't say much on that end.

I mostly use my currently infrequent lucid dreams as an outlet for my more extreme fantasies. Stuff that's impossible like sex with mythical creatures (Werewolves, Centaurs, Wendigo… use 'Until Dawn' for reference) or things that would just be too dangerous in reality, as hot as claiming bites are to me it's not something I'd do in reality.

I should also mention that lucid dreaming is a perfect way to just let go of my worries and just run around on a playground or just suck my pacifier while 'shopping' for plushies. After all it's a dream so I don't bother anyone, there is no need to hide my childlike excitement or tune down my playfulness. In a dream there is no risk of accidentally involving others.

Edited by TheCrazyOne (see edit history)