Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Interesting satire? on long bathroom lines, but how many of us men would seriously regret being a girl for this

Although in this culture, you have to learn to respect a person who decides to change genders (male to female OR female to male), I have often wondered why a person would WANT to do so in general.  And the bathroom line situation for girls makes it even more perplexing to me that a boy would “want” to transition into a girl.  You summed it up perfectly in that there are frequently lines for the girls bathrooms and rarely for the boys bathrooms.

42 minutes ago, DesperateQueue said:

Although in this culture, you have to learn to respect a person who decides to change genders (male to female OR female to male), I have often wondered why a person would WANT to do so in general.  And the bathroom line situation for girls makes it even more perplexing to me that a boy would “want” to transition into a girl.  You summed it up perfectly in that there are frequently lines for the girls bathrooms and rarely for the boys bathrooms.

It seems like women have the worst of both worlds: they have less bathrooms and its more incovnvinent for them to pee. They probably have smaller bladders. It seems like life is a lot tougher for a female bladder than male bladder. I am not sure why not more women are jealous about the ease for guys to pee or they are used to their double/triple whammy when it comes to peeing 

2 hours ago, Angusburger said:

It seems like women have the worst of both worlds: they have less bathrooms and its more incovnvinent for them to pee. They probably have smaller bladders. It seems like life is a lot tougher for a female bladder than male bladder. I am not sure why not more women are jealous about the ease for guys to pee or they are used to their double/triple whammy when it comes to peeing 

You summed it up perfectly.  Girls usually “need” to pee more often than boys, and it takes them longer to do so because of their anatomy (while the time can vary, we can assume that a guy could theoretically pee within 30 to 40 seconds, but it takes a girl at least a minute to pee), but there are also USUALLY fewer toilets in the girls bathrooms than combined toilets plus urinals in the boys bathrooms.  Not to mention that girls often tend to go to the bathroom in groups.

This is best demonstrated in situations where there is a limited amount of time to use the bathrooms, such as a 4 or 5 minute transition period at school between classes (where there might be 7 urinals and 3 stalls in a boys bathroom, but only 5 or 6 stalls in the girls bathroom).  A boy might be in a position where he doesn’t “need” to pee yet, but if he does, he can be in and out of the bathroom within about a minute or so without much of a wait (maybe a little longer if he decides to wash his hands, but not significantly longer).  Meanwhile, you might have some girls that are about to pee their pants and yet when they get to the bathroom there is a line, and depending on how many girls are in that line, you may not have enough time to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time, which could force them to either 1) hold it uncomfortably for another class period or 2) wait in line, pee, and be late and deal with whatever the consequences might be.

3 hours ago, Angusburger said:

That’s why nappies are the ideal solution, if only more would realise that 😉 

It's funny because I have chatted with somebody who said that reading about lines like that made them anxious about transitioning, and I do feel that it would be one of the most notable things if you went from male to female like that, but again most people would not have gender dysphoria over a bathroom line in general I don't think. The bathroom line can be annoying but that doesn't mean that most women would want to be a man, I love being female!

11 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

It's funny because I have chatted with somebody who said that reading about lines like that made them anxious about transitioning, and I do feel that it would be one of the most notable things if you went from male to female like that, but again most people would not have gender dysphoria over a bathroom line in general I don't think. The bathroom line can be annoying but that doesn't mean that most women would want to be a man, I love being female!

Yeah no dysohporia over long lines but doesnt it suck to be women when you realize the triple /quadruple whammy against you 1) Smaller bladders 2) Less places to go 3) WEaker bladder holding ability and 4) Having to sit to pee  . It just seems like whoeever designed the female body went let's give men all the advantage for peeing lol.   Do you still love being female even after your experience of holding it all day during your job??

19 hours ago, DesperateQueue said:

You summed it up perfectly.  Girls usually “need” to pee more often than boys, and it takes them longer to do so because of their anatomy (while the time can vary, we can assume that a guy could theoretically pee within 30 to 40 seconds, but it takes a girl at least a minute to pee), but there are also USUALLY fewer toilets in the girls bathrooms than combined toilets plus urinals in the boys bathrooms.  Not to mention that girls often tend to go to the bathroom in groups.

This is best demonstrated in situations where there is a limited amount of time to use the bathrooms, such as a 4 or 5 minute transition period at school between classes (where there might be 7 urinals and 3 stalls in a boys bathroom, but only 5 or 6 stalls in the girls bathroom).  A boy might be in a position where he doesn’t “need” to pee yet, but if he does, he can be in and out of the bathroom within about a minute or so without much of a wait (maybe a little longer if he decides to wash his hands, but not significantly longer).  Meanwhile, you might have some girls that are about to pee their pants and yet when they get to the bathroom there is a line, and depending on how many girls are in that line, you may not have enough time to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time, which could force them to either 1) hold it uncomfortably for another class period or 2) wait in line, pee, and be late and deal with whatever the consequences might be.

Its still fascinating to think though that such a little difference can make such a difference in long lines.  How do you think girls think of this issue when they are desperate in line and just see men with like an express pass to pee?

@Angusburger

"Yeah no dysohporia over long lines but doesnt it suck to be women when you realize the triple /quadruple whammy against you 1) Smaller bladders 2) Less places to go 3) WEaker bladder holding ability and 4) Having to sit to pee  . It just seems like whoeever designed the female body went let's give men all the advantage for peeing lol.   Do you still love being female even after your experience of holding it all day during your job??"

Yes for all of the disadvantages when it comes to peeing, which is relatively speaking a small part of life (even if it is one I fixate on far far more than most) I like the female body and I like the lady bits. But yeah when you look at female anatomy if you think of the idea of intelligent design it sort of refutes the idea because if we were designed it seemed like they didn't do a very intelligent design where it came to efficiency of urination for women!

But yes it was ironic that I found myself in such a situation like this, me who is always going on about situations where women can't go to the bathroom and with such an undue fascination in that, only to find myself in a situation where because of my sex and anatomy I wasn't able to relieve myself. A lot of people said that I was earning my female desperation credibility for the first time, because prior to that I had mostly been at home all the time where the bathroom was always near, so for all of my complaining about women's bathroom difficulties I was in a great bathroom situation, and then suddenly found myself in the total opposite and wow with frustrating!

In spite of all of that though I wouldn't trade being female for anything, it's just one of the experiences that comes with the package and certainly keep things interesting!

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"Yeah no dysohporia over long lines but doesnt it suck to be women when you realize the triple /quadruple whammy against you 1) Smaller bladders 2) Less places to go 3) WEaker bladder holding ability and 4) Having to sit to pee  . It just seems like whoeever designed the female body went let's give men all the advantage for peeing lol.   Do you still love being female even after your experience of holding it all day during your job??"

Yes for all of the disadvantages when it comes to peeing, which is relatively speaking a small part of life (even if it is one I fixate on far far more than most) I like the female body and I like the lady bits. But yeah when you look at female anatomy if you think of the idea of intelligent design it sort of refutes the idea because if we were designed it seemed like they didn't do a very intelligent design where it came to efficiency of urination for women!

But yes it was ironic that I found myself in such a situation like this, me who is always going on about situations where women can't go to the bathroom and with such an undue fascination in that, only to find myself in a situation where because of my sex and anatomy I wasn't able to relieve myself. A lot of people said that I was earning my female desperation credibility for the first time, because prior to that I had mostly been at home all the time where the bathroom was always near, so for all of my complaining about women's bathroom difficulties I was in a great bathroom situation, and then suddenly found myself in the total opposite and wow with frustrating!

In spite of all of that though I wouldn't trade being female for anything, it's just one of the experiences that comes with the package and certainly keep things interesting!

Oh haha I thought it would be pretty burdensome in a girls life since everyone pee multiple time and it hurts to hold it. Like everyday I use a unisex bathroom and I can’t imagine being a girl having to sit on it when guys pee all over the place as it must evoke jealously or hatred for guys with standing privileges

hownabout long lines? 

I always thought girls may dread peeing cause I have definitely heard of girls complaining about guys that pee over the seat and how guys have no lines

by the way, recently in a restroom I frequent there are 10 stalls for girls and 3stalls and 4urinals for guys. It’s already less places to go for men but they shut down two of the urinals so men have just a fraction of places to go as women and when a line of two guys form guys just leave for a different restroom yet girls seem willing to line up as I have seen lines before for the women’s restroom next door. A guy did complain he was desperate and it was unacceptable for campus to just put a plastic covering over the urinal to disallow its use

would girls feel better if guys didn’t have a penis either and had to sit to pee? 

@Angusburger

"Oh haha I thought it would be pretty burdensome in a girls life since everyone pee multiple time and it hurts to hold it. Like everyday I use a unisex bathroom and I can’t imagine being a girl having to sit on it when guys pee all over the place as it must evoke jealously or hatred for guys with standing privileges

hownabout long lines?"

Again while I go on about this a lot on a message board like this all things considered needing to go to the bathroom is usually a minor part of life, and it really depends on a lot of circumstances. I mean most of the time I am at home in the bathroom is right there and when I do go to a place it's usually not a crowded place.
But then again when I had my job and there were no bathrooms available that was a source of incredible frustration, and for a woman who frequently in a crowded situation where she has limited time to use the bathroom it would be extremely burdensome.

"I always thought girls may dread peeing cause I have definitely heard of girls complaining about guys that pee over the seat and how guys have no lines"

Peeing is definitely more of a hassle for women but there are some women who just won't use public toilets at all but they must have pretty big bladders to have that luxury. When I have to go bad enough I am not that picky!

"by the way, recently in a restroom I frequent there are 10 stalls for girls and 3stalls and 4urinals for guys. It’s already less places to go for men but they shut down two of the urinals so men have just a fraction of places to go as women and when a line of two guys form guys just leave for a different restroom yet girls seem willing to line up as I have seen lines before for the women’s restroom next door. A guy did complain he was desperate and it was unacceptable for campus to just put a plastic covering over the urinal to disallow its use"

Again men can usually make do with minimal amount of facilities and if not can usually feel safely assured that they will find a place to relieve themselves soon enough. I do you really think at this point that female bathroom lines are probably an inevitability that just can't be helped, because even in situations where women have more places to go to the bathroom it still seems that there lines for the ladies room and never any for the men.

"would girls feel better if guys didn’t have a penis either and had to sit to pee?"

Again I think that the average woman who doesn't have a fetish for this probably wouldn't think all that much of it. Again men being equally inconvenienced wouldn't do anything to help the women situation, although it is again frustrating when men can relieve themselves so easily when we are holding it. Once again I say that women don't have penis envy, they have urinal envy, most are fine with their own anatomy but they do sometimes envy the privilege that men often have.

I would think that boys are meant to be boys and girls are meant to be girls, and I can’t imagine anyone wanting to switch genders, but it has happened more often than you might think in recent years.  I would think that from the perspective of a girl, that it does suck to deal with long bathroom lines, but unfortunately it is a part of life.   To produce more kids, we need a male and a female in each couple, so there are reasons why boys have a penis and the girls do not.

If you find I yourself in a situation where you need to get relief and are not able to do so do, you might want to consider some kind of “adult diapers” (or at the very least have a spare set of clothes handy nearby), because as embarrassing as that might be, it’s better than wet pants.

I wonder how most women who are into this feel. On one hand, you have to squirm in long bathroom lines... on the other, you get to watch the squirming in long bathroom lines! So, is it good or bad, from an omo perspective, to be female?

(And you know, I wouldn't mind if the guys got to have equally long bathroom lines. I'd much prefer that resolution to the unfairness than everyone getting to go. Squirming for all!)

@DesperateQueue

"I would think that from the perspective of a girl, that it does suck to deal with long bathroom lines, but unfortunately it is a part of life.   To produce more kids, we need a male and a female in each couple, so there are reasons why boys have a penis and the girls do not."

I have often felt that the reproductive needs of women has inadvertently shortchanged us when it came to going to the bathroom. Even though I don't want children I still have a uterus that takes up room in my area that could be used for the bladder to expand! Women's reproductive functions do lead to an incidental a lot of problems when it comes to going to the bathroom such as needing to go more and not being able to go as easily or as efficiently.

@trekkie

"I wonder how most women who are into this feel. On one hand, you have to squirm in long bathroom lines... on the other, you get to watch the squirming in long bathroom lines! So, is it good or bad, from an omo perspective, to be female?"

I think it can be said that from an omorashi perspective being a woman just means you're going to encounter more of these situations, far far more than men, and you will be basically experiencing rather than just witnessing most of the time. I can't think of any situations where I have witnessed huge lines for the ladies room where I didn't end up getting stuck in those lines. As I say men often get a free show, where as women when they see desperation usually have to participate as well!

Can be sort of a weird feeling though particularly in an omorashi community where you have lots of guys who are really enjoying hearing you in horrible desperate toilet situations that they never have to experience themselves. Sort of like when I had my job without toilets it's a weird feeling knowing that so many people, especially men, are enjoying the fact that your suffering agonizing bladder pain simply because you are female!

The other conflicts is I think that men can be a little bit more casual about the bathroom line since they get to watch without experiencing. It sort of like it reminded me of the inspiration for my first novella about the locked ladies room, which was inspired by this guy I used to talk to at all of these great ideas about locking ladies rooms and inconveniencing women and was wondering why I wouldn't get on board with that if we were together, and I had to keep pointing out to him that if we lock all of the ladies room what am I going to do?

So I think that in a situation that terrible in regards to going to the bathroom or where no bathrooms are available it gives guys a lot more opportunity to have fun at the women's expense, where as you never really see the opposite situation arise short of rare and extraordinary circumstances.

I heard that this anime is contentious, some people love it and some people hate it, but Onimai is about a boy who gets a magical potion and is turned into a girl. She's not used to being a young girl and keeps drinking too much and having accidents, she's not used to the women toilet lines either. Her friends are nice about it though, here's one clip though the show and manga have dozens more pee accident scenes.

23 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"Oh haha I thought it would be pretty burdensome in a girls life since everyone pee multiple time and it hurts to hold it. Like everyday I use a unisex bathroom and I can’t imagine being a girl having to sit on it when guys pee all over the place as it must evoke jealously or hatred for guys with standing privileges

hownabout long lines?"

Again while I go on about this a lot on a message board like this all things considered needing to go to the bathroom is usually a minor part of life, and it really depends on a lot of circumstances. I mean most of the time I am at home in the bathroom is right there and when I do go to a place it's usually not a crowded place.
But then again when I had my job and there were no bathrooms available that was a source of incredible frustration, and for a woman who frequently in a crowded situation where she has limited time to use the bathroom it would be extremely burdensome.

"I always thought girls may dread peeing cause I have definitely heard of girls complaining about guys that pee over the seat and how guys have no lines"

Peeing is definitely more of a hassle for women but there are some women who just won't use public toilets at all but they must have pretty big bladders to have that luxury. When I have to go bad enough I am not that picky!

"by the way, recently in a restroom I frequent there are 10 stalls for girls and 3stalls and 4urinals for guys. It’s already less places to go for men but they shut down two of the urinals so men have just a fraction of places to go as women and when a line of two guys form guys just leave for a different restroom yet girls seem willing to line up as I have seen lines before for the women’s restroom next door. A guy did complain he was desperate and it was unacceptable for campus to just put a plastic covering over the urinal to disallow its use"

Again men can usually make do with minimal amount of facilities and if not can usually feel safely assured that they will find a place to relieve themselves soon enough. I do you really think at this point that female bathroom lines are probably an inevitability that just can't be helped, because even in situations where women have more places to go to the bathroom it still seems that there lines for the ladies room and never any for the men.

"would girls feel better if guys didn’t have a penis either and had to sit to pee?"

Again I think that the average woman who doesn't have a fetish for this probably wouldn't think all that much of it. Again men being equally inconvenienced wouldn't do anything to help the women situation, although it is again frustrating when men can relieve themselves so easily when we are holding it. Once again I say that women don't have penis envy, they have urinal envy, most are fine with their own anatomy but they do sometimes envy the privilege that men often have.

Would girls prefer to have a penis if they have a urinal envy or just use like a GoGirl?

in those situations where guys get to go while girls are holding it, what do you think is going through a guy’s mind?

yeah it’s hard to believe that women take that much longer to pee when sitting down shouldn’t take that much longer than standing but the line difference is astounding. Add on the fact that female pee comes out faster so the actual peeing is faster for girls as guys can take a min of pee coming out in a small narrow stream while I heard for girls even 20-30sec streams is a lot

i am not sure if most girls thinks are lines are inevitable. I have gone to places with long lines and o see girls just drinking away lol

Just now, Angusburger said:

Would girls prefer to have a penis if they have a urinal envy or just use like a GoGirl?

in those situations where guys get to go while girls are holding it, what do you think is going through a guy’s mind?

yeah it’s hard to believe that women take that much longer to pee when sitting down shouldn’t take that much longer than standing but the line difference is astounding. Add on the fact that female pee comes out faster so the actual peeing is faster for girls as guys can take a min of pee coming out in a small narrow stream while I heard for girls even 20-30sec streams is a lot

i am not sure if most girls thinks are lines are inevitable. I have gone to places with long lines and o see girls just drinking away lol

I wondered that too, but women tell me that their clothes are more complicated and take longer. I think having a door for privacy also makes women take longer and feel less pressured to go quickly unlike urinal lines. I heard a major factor is that women can also poop in the stalls so a lot of women will take a pee, feel a little fart and something there so they'll just go for number two too, so you can't have an express line unlike urinals. Periods can also affect women using the toilet too adding more time if they change tampons or pads. Maybe women with privacy also use smartphones nowadays on their phones adding more time. Oh and also the social aspect, groups of women go together even if the friends don't have to so boom, lots more people in social settings.

I agree with you too though, my spouse at home goes extremely quickly, it's like the opposite of public bathrooms, she can just spray it all out within seconds while we're watching shows at home and she'll tell me "don't pause it I'll go quick" lol. For me though I have a tiny stream so it takes a minute or two, but she can go in like 10-20 seconds it's amazing. I can tell she was on her period and she changes her tampons or pads pretty quickly too. But I suppose it depends on the woman too, maybe others have smaller pee streams or post-pregnancy causing differences etc. 

@John

"I heard that this anime is contentious, some people love it and some people hate it, but Onimai is about a boy who gets a magical potion and is turned into a girl. She's not used to being a young girl and keeps drinking too much and having accidents, she's not used to the women toilet lines either. Her friends are nice about it though, here's one clip though the show and manga have dozens more pee accident scenes."

It definitely sounds like my kind of animates another thing I will have to look up on Amazon when I don't already have like 13 full series of stuff to watch! I was actually planning to write a novel based on that is the whole premise where a guy and a girl do a body swap and it's going to focus entirely on desperation. I was also thinking of doing a Quantum Leap parody which could be a recurring series about a guy who leaps into the body of a different desperate woman and have to get her to the bathroom in time in situations where she once had an accident!

"I wondered that too, but women tell me that their clothes are more complicated and take longer. I think having a door for privacy also makes women take longer and feel less pressured to go quickly unlike urinal lines. I heard a major factor is that women can also poop in the stalls so a lot of women will take a pee, feel a little fart and something there so they'll just go for number two too, so you can't have an express line unlike urinals. Periods can also affect women using the toilet too adding more time if they change tampons or pads. Maybe women with privacy also use smartphones nowadays on their phones adding more time. Oh and also the social aspect, groups of women go together even if the friends don't have to so boom, lots more people in social settings."

I do think that all of these factors are true. Again it shouldn't seem like women should take that much longer to go to the bathroom particularly if they are wearing pants as it doesn't really take an hour to pull your pants down or anything like that, but as I have said in a couple of my threads it is sort of a pet peeve that sometimes women end up hogging the stall to do more than just pee, having to poop would change tampons and then there are plenty who really do just rudely sit in there playing with their phones or something, and then women are more likely to wipe and it's just like a whole big procedure. Again it seems like it shouldn't take that much longer and yet somehow it does.

And while the primary cause is that women don't have enough stalls compared to men is just also the fact that women do not do themselves any favors, just because you know that other women are waiting doesn't mean you're going to hurry up or anything like that. Women can be plenty selfish in the bathroom, but the difference is that men can be selfish in the bathroom and it generally doesn't have any effect on them, there is generally an infinite number of urinals and places to go so they never really have that issue. Women having to deal with toilet scarcity on top of human nature being selfish is sort of like a perfect whammy.

But the difference is that guys don't have to deal with that scarcity situation that women do, and the irony as I have said is that rather than getting mad at the guys who have more places to go you end up getting annoyed at the women who are keeping you from getting your relief by hogging the toilets, the scarce few toilets!

"I agree with you too though, my spouse at home goes extremely quickly, it's like the opposite of public bathrooms, she can just spray it all out within seconds while we're watching shows at home and she'll tell me "don't pause it I'll go quick" lol. For me though I have a tiny stream so it takes a minute or two, but she can go in like 10-20 seconds it's amazing. I can tell she was on her period and she changes her tampons or pads pretty quickly too. But I suppose it depends on the woman too, maybe others have smaller pee streams or post-pregnancy causing differences etc."

I am rather slow going to the bathroom even if I end up peeing rather fast. I was actually just saying in a chat I am having right now somebody that even in my home bathroom it seems like I often take like three minutes or more even when I don't have to deal with a public situation or other women using the bathroom. Again it seems like it shouldn't take that long and yet somehow it does. It really is just an astonishing difference where as most guys can walk right in and out of a bathroom but women will park themselves in there so I do think that it is at least partially our fault I am willing to admit. Again a lot of it is anatomy but a lot of it is also social as well.

Again there will be a lot of individual variation but when you consider that a man can walk right into a bathroom pee really quickly and run right out without having to get undressed or sit down or maneuver or anything like that and a woman will park yourself in there for three minutes you could see the problem. If guys take 30 seconds to go and you have a room with three urinals and two guys needing to use the bathroom there will be no wait whatsoever. If on the other hand you have a ladies room with two stalls and you have three women needing to go you'll probably be waiting at least three minutes before you even get to start going to the bathroom so it really is a rather big difference when you add up all of these little things.

@Angusburger

"Would girls prefer to have a penis if they have a urinal envy or just use like a GoGirl?"

Again I think most women don't want a penis, and while they might envy men being able to go quicker most probably wouldn't want to use a urinary device and most probably hadn't even heard of them. Again it's just a situation like that where women just sort of do the natural thing and wait.

"in those situations where guys get to go while girls are holding it, what do you think is going through a guy’s mind?"

Honestly I think in most of those situations that the guys are pretty oblivious. It's different if they have a fetish but 95% of the population doesn't. I think that the average guy just doesn't even notice it, or they'll take one look at the line and be wondering what's taking women so long, assuming it's women's fault and then not thinking about it any longer. And I think that the average woman does likewise, she may be annoyed by the line but when she's not actually waiting in line she never gives it any other thought and just sort of accepted as normal.

But it is interesting that a lot of guys don't seem to realize how often women are holding it. But I pointed out in my other thread I think a lot of women are often holding it without saying anything in the guys assume that they don't have to go since they aren't looking for a bathroom, but it's often a case where you can't use the bathroom quickly and realizing that you're not going to get to go you simply just don't mention it and go on holding.

Or the one guy I chatted with about how he always thought it was interesting that after a long bus trip you would see the women pretty much stampeding out of the bus like they were ready to kill each other, and I pointed out to him that on a long bus ride where you have only brief rest stops and tremendous amounts of people needing to use the bathroom that the majority of them are not going to get to go. So while the guys had gone several times by the time they arrived at destination on any of those women or most of them had been holding it the entire ride! And I think that most guys don't seem to realize that things like that happen regularly.

"yeah it’s hard to believe that women take that much longer to pee when sitting down shouldn’t take that much longer than standing but the line difference is astounding. Add on the fact that female pee comes out faster so the actual peeing is faster for girls as guys can take a min of pee coming out in a small narrow stream while I heard for girls even 20-30sec streams is a lot"

Again given that women pee faster you would think it wouldn't take that long but again it's due to the fact that women have to go more often and have less places to go that I think results in the lines mostly. But again it does seem weird that it should take women so long to use the bathroom even when they pee more quickly but there is just a lot more going on in there.

"i am not sure if most girls thinks are lines are inevitable. I have gone to places with long lines and o see girls just drinking away lol"

Well I think that the answer to this is simple, a lot of people are just kind of stupid about these things! It does actually astonish me though that even in situations where women know the bathroom might not be available they don't even consider it starting to look for a bathroom until it's already an emergency much of the time. Even though women know that there are regularly lines at places the majority of them don't alter their behavior based on that.

To me at such a foreign way of thinking as I over plan everything and always want to know exactly where the bathrooms are in every place I go, but I think the majority of women even if they know the not going to be at a bathroom for several hours will continue drinking away even when they know the lines will be astonishing.

Like in my tour guide situation where the women hadn't gone to the bathroom in four hours and they knew that they weren't going to get to go for another hour obviously they were rather annoyed, and yet there was this woman who was already dancing around desperate and she was just guzzling back the drinks. I again we should have been able to go to the bathroom so it's not totally our fault and yet when she is in that situation she doesn't think you know since I'm already about to piss myself maybe I shouldn't keep drinking when I know not going to get to a bathroom anytime soon.

So yeah I think plenty of women realize that there is a bathroom line or that there could be one but again I think that the average person never think about it until it's time to go to the bathroom and that's where you run into problems like this.

And strangely enough when these problems arise you don't really see that many people really severely complaining about the situation. It really does astonish me that in situations where the women repeatedly don't get to go to the bathroom they just keep on holding without saying anything until it gets to the point where it's in a major emergency and then when a bathroom is finally available like everybody charging at once!

2 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@John

"I heard that this anime is contentious, some people love it and some people hate it, but Onimai is about a boy who gets a magical potion and is turned into a girl. She's not used to being a young girl and keeps drinking too much and having accidents, she's not used to the women toilet lines either. Her friends are nice about it though, here's one clip though the show and manga have dozens more pee accident scenes."

It definitely sounds like my kind of animates another thing I will have to look up on Amazon when I don't already have like 13 full series of stuff to watch! I was actually planning to write a novel based on that is the whole premise where a guy and a girl do a body swap and it's going to focus entirely on desperation. I was also thinking of doing a Quantum Leap parody which could be a recurring series about a guy who leaps into the body of a different desperate woman and have to get her to the bathroom in time in situations where she once had an accident!

"I wondered that too, but women tell me that their clothes are more complicated and take longer. I think having a door for privacy also makes women take longer and feel less pressured to go quickly unlike urinal lines. I heard a major factor is that women can also poop in the stalls so a lot of women will take a pee, feel a little fart and something there so they'll just go for number two too, so you can't have an express line unlike urinals. Periods can also affect women using the toilet too adding more time if they change tampons or pads. Maybe women with privacy also use smartphones nowadays on their phones adding more time. Oh and also the social aspect, groups of women go together even if the friends don't have to so boom, lots more people in social settings."

I do think that all of these factors are true. Again it shouldn't seem like women should take that much longer to go to the bathroom particularly if they are wearing pants as it doesn't really take an hour to pull your pants down or anything like that, but as I have said in a couple of my threads it is sort of a pet peeve that sometimes women end up hogging the stall to do more than just pee, having to poop would change tampons and then there are plenty who really do just rudely sit in there playing with their phones or something, and then women are more likely to wipe and it's just like a whole big procedure. Again it seems like it shouldn't take that much longer and yet somehow it does.

And while the primary cause is that women don't have enough stalls compared to men is just also the fact that women do not do themselves any favors, just because you know that other women are waiting doesn't mean you're going to hurry up or anything like that. Women can be plenty selfish in the bathroom, but the difference is that men can be selfish in the bathroom and it generally doesn't have any effect on them, there is generally an infinite number of urinals and places to go so they never really have that issue. Women having to deal with toilet scarcity on top of human nature being selfish is sort of like a perfect whammy.

But the difference is that guys don't have to deal with that scarcity situation that women do, and the irony as I have said is that rather than getting mad at the guys who have more places to go you end up getting annoyed at the women who are keeping you from getting your relief by hogging the toilets, the scarce few toilets!

"I agree with you too though, my spouse at home goes extremely quickly, it's like the opposite of public bathrooms, she can just spray it all out within seconds while we're watching shows at home and she'll tell me "don't pause it I'll go quick" lol. For me though I have a tiny stream so it takes a minute or two, but she can go in like 10-20 seconds it's amazing. I can tell she was on her period and she changes her tampons or pads pretty quickly too. But I suppose it depends on the woman too, maybe others have smaller pee streams or post-pregnancy causing differences etc."

I am rather slow going to the bathroom even if I end up peeing rather fast. I was actually just saying in a chat I am having right now somebody that even in my home bathroom it seems like I often take like three minutes or more even when I don't have to deal with a public situation or other women using the bathroom. Again it seems like it shouldn't take that long and yet somehow it does. It really is just an astonishing difference where as most guys can walk right in and out of a bathroom but women will park themselves in there so I do think that it is at least partially our fault I am willing to admit. Again a lot of it is anatomy but a lot of it is also social as well.

Again there will be a lot of individual variation but when you consider that a man can walk right into a bathroom pee really quickly and run right out without having to get undressed or sit down or maneuver or anything like that and a woman will park yourself in there for three minutes you could see the problem. If guys take 30 seconds to go and you have a room with three urinals and two guys needing to use the bathroom there will be no wait whatsoever. If on the other hand you have a ladies room with two stalls and you have three women needing to go you'll probably be waiting at least three minutes before you even get to start going to the bathroom so it really is a rather big difference when you add up all of these little things.

@Angusburger

"Would girls prefer to have a penis if they have a urinal envy or just use like a GoGirl?"

Again I think most women don't want a penis, and while they might envy men being able to go quicker most probably wouldn't want to use a urinary device and most probably hadn't even heard of them. Again it's just a situation like that where women just sort of do the natural thing and wait.

"in those situations where guys get to go while girls are holding it, what do you think is going through a guy’s mind?"

Honestly I think in most of those situations that the guys are pretty oblivious. It's different if they have a fetish but 95% of the population doesn't. I think that the average guy just doesn't even notice it, or they'll take one look at the line and be wondering what's taking women so long, assuming it's women's fault and then not thinking about it any longer. And I think that the average woman does likewise, she may be annoyed by the line but when she's not actually waiting in line she never gives it any other thought and just sort of accepted as normal.

But it is interesting that a lot of guys don't seem to realize how often women are holding it. But I pointed out in my other thread I think a lot of women are often holding it without saying anything in the guys assume that they don't have to go since they aren't looking for a bathroom, but it's often a case where you can't use the bathroom quickly and realizing that you're not going to get to go you simply just don't mention it and go on holding.

Or the one guy I chatted with about how he always thought it was interesting that after a long bus trip you would see the women pretty much stampeding out of the bus like they were ready to kill each other, and I pointed out to him that on a long bus ride where you have only brief rest stops and tremendous amounts of people needing to use the bathroom that the majority of them are not going to get to go. So while the guys had gone several times by the time they arrived at destination on any of those women or most of them had been holding it the entire ride! And I think that most guys don't seem to realize that things like that happen regularly.

"yeah it’s hard to believe that women take that much longer to pee when sitting down shouldn’t take that much longer than standing but the line difference is astounding. Add on the fact that female pee comes out faster so the actual peeing is faster for girls as guys can take a min of pee coming out in a small narrow stream while I heard for girls even 20-30sec streams is a lot"

Again given that women pee faster you would think it wouldn't take that long but again it's due to the fact that women have to go more often and have less places to go that I think results in the lines mostly. But again it does seem weird that it should take women so long to use the bathroom even when they pee more quickly but there is just a lot more going on in there.

"i am not sure if most girls thinks are lines are inevitable. I have gone to places with long lines and o see girls just drinking away lol"

Well I think that the answer to this is simple, a lot of people are just kind of stupid about these things! It does actually astonish me though that even in situations where women know the bathroom might not be available they don't even consider it starting to look for a bathroom until it's already an emergency much of the time. Even though women know that there are regularly lines at places the majority of them don't alter their behavior based on that.

To me at such a foreign way of thinking as I over plan everything and always want to know exactly where the bathrooms are in every place I go, but I think the majority of women even if they know the not going to be at a bathroom for several hours will continue drinking away even when they know the lines will be astonishing.

Like in my tour guide situation where the women hadn't gone to the bathroom in four hours and they knew that they weren't going to get to go for another hour obviously they were rather annoyed, and yet there was this woman who was already dancing around desperate and she was just guzzling back the drinks. I again we should have been able to go to the bathroom so it's not totally our fault and yet when she is in that situation she doesn't think you know since I'm already about to piss myself maybe I shouldn't keep drinking when I know not going to get to a bathroom anytime soon.

So yeah I think plenty of women realize that there is a bathroom line or that there could be one but again I think that the average person never think about it until it's time to go to the bathroom and that's where you run into problems like this.

And strangely enough when these problems arise you don't really see that many people really severely complaining about the situation. It really does astonish me that in situations where the women repeatedly don't get to go to the bathroom they just keep on holding without saying anything until it gets to the point where it's in a major emergency and then when a bathroom is finally available like everybody charging at once!

You know Jill, speaking about your later points you're really right. I used to have a job giving out tours at a university when I studied there too, way before pandemic and I had to tell the administration to add more bathroom breaks to the schedule. Students were not vocal too and would just hold for hours and the administration wanted us to visit too many places across a large campus lol, they wanted us to visit all the student residences to get more sales for that but at the same time those were all student rooms so they didn't have public bathrooms sadly.

And then you'd also have to keep hydrated because everyone was scared of heatstroke during summer months when we'd do the most tours right before the fall school year. So at the beginning of the tour someone would give complimentary water bottles and encourage everybody to drink it, you can image what happens after a few hours. I knew a new building that had giant bathrooms, the women's room there had like 25 stalls because the lecture room would have 500+ seats, so I'd go there on the way to another building and tell everyone to use it if they needed a break half-way. New building codes are really generous for women's bathrooms, even at peak hours between classes there wouldn't be a line there. 

I talked to my partner about it too and she said that women don't want to complain because they'd be seen as "troublesome" or "annoying", and she'd tell me that she had to put on a fake happy face most of the time otherwise people would call her mean things like the b-word and such behind her back. That really sucks. My partner used to work a job in an industry where you're expected to go to the bar after work and have a few drinks with co-workers, and often she'd just hold it in for the whole evening, and when she'd come home it sounded like a tsunami in the bathroom lol.

@John

"I talked to my partner about it too and she said that women don't want to complain because they'd be seen as "troublesome" or "annoying", and she'd tell me that she had to put on a fake happy face most of the time otherwise people would call her mean things like the b-word and such behind her back. That really sucks. My partner used to work a job in an industry where you're expected to go to the bar after work and have a few drinks with co-workers, and often she'd just hold it in for the whole evening, and when she'd come home it sounded like a tsunami in the bathroom lol."

This goes along with what I was saying a lot of post that women are just sort of trained to put off their needs until it's convenient for everybody, and if it's not convenient for everybody too bad they just go on holding it. That is what I tried to point out to a lot of people, a lot of times women just won't go to the bathroom and it's assumed that they don't have to go to the bathroom when in actuality they are dying but they don't want to make a nuisance of themselves by asking for a detour to go to a bathroom break.

It really is again a matter of being really stoic about it, and people say that guys are the ones who have to be stoic about their bathroom needs I think that women are the ones who are really holding it and not saying anything about it, and you know that they have to go because then when you get to the location the women are practically overjoyed when they finally can go to the bathroom, as they have just been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting for it sometimes all day while their male companions are just peeing at every given opportunity!

It really is crazy when you think about it, and yet this is actually a pretty normal thing it seems.

8 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@John

"I talked to my partner about it too and she said that women don't want to complain because they'd be seen as "troublesome" or "annoying", and she'd tell me that she had to put on a fake happy face most of the time otherwise people would call her mean things like the b-word and such behind her back. That really sucks. My partner used to work a job in an industry where you're expected to go to the bar after work and have a few drinks with co-workers, and often she'd just hold it in for the whole evening, and when she'd come home it sounded like a tsunami in the bathroom lol."

This goes along with what I was saying a lot of post that women are just sort of trained to put off their needs until it's convenient for everybody, and if it's not convenient for everybody too bad they just go on holding it. That is what I tried to point out to a lot of people, a lot of times women just won't go to the bathroom and it's assumed that they don't have to go to the bathroom when in actuality they are dying but they don't want to make a nuisance of themselves by asking for a detour to go to a bathroom break.

It really is again a matter of being really stoic about it, and people say that guys are the ones who have to be stoic about their bathroom needs I think that women are the ones who are really holding it and not saying anything about it, and you know that they have to go because then when you get to the location the women are practically overjoyed when they finally can go to the bathroom, as they have just been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting for it sometimes all day while their male companions are just peeing at every given opportunity!

It really is crazy when you think about it, and yet this is actually a pretty normal thing it seems.

Do you think guys face similar pressure though if say there was a long line for the mens room and none for the women that women woudl pressure guys to not wait inline and hold it? I feel like guys are more willing to wait to let girls go than vice versa because guys are epected to be tough and hold it in. 

I know one time when I was a younger a guy complained on a school trip he had to pee and he was told to hold it in but a girl 40 mins later in tears said she had to go and she was given an exception to use the bus's on board lavatory that magically turned out to not be locked (but for the guy he was tolld it was locked)

@Angusburger

"Do you think guys face similar pressure though if say there was a long line for the mens room and none for the women that women woudl pressure guys to not wait inline and hold it? I feel like guys are more willing to wait to let girls go than vice versa because guys are epected to be tough and hold it in. 

I know one time when I was a younger a guy complained on a school trip he had to pee and he was told to hold it in but a girl 40 mins later in tears said she had to go and she was given an exception to use the bus's on board lavatory that magically turned out to not be locked (but for the guy he was tolld it was locked)"

I know that men are sometimes expected to hold it but I think that the difference is that it rarely arise is that guys have a line for the bathroom or don't have some other option. Sometimes there might be more sympathy for a woman in that situation but then a woman is more likely to be in that situation in the first place by far, and when there's no bathroom available for women, which is more the case with women than for men, or not enough time for all the women to use the restroom, women are more expected to just continue holding it or to not say anything about it.

Again though in some cases it is a matter of personal choice where some men are simply not going to ask to go to the bathroom because they feel they have to be macho, or a woman will have a bathroom available but will not want to be a nuisance, in both cases it is a person caving to societal pressure, but again in most cases it results in the women not getting to go to the bathroom where the man will usually eventually find an easy solution in a short time.

4 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"Do you think guys face similar pressure though if say there was a long line for the mens room and none for the women that women woudl pressure guys to not wait inline and hold it? I feel like guys are more willing to wait to let girls go than vice versa because guys are epected to be tough and hold it in. 

I know one time when I was a younger a guy complained on a school trip he had to pee and he was told to hold it in but a girl 40 mins later in tears said she had to go and she was given an exception to use the bus's on board lavatory that magically turned out to not be locked (but for the guy he was tolld it was locked)"

I know that men are sometimes expected to hold it but I think that the difference is that it rarely arise is that guys have a line for the bathroom or don't have some other option. Sometimes there might be more sympathy for a woman in that situation but then a woman is more likely to be in that situation in the first place by far, and when there's no bathroom available for women, which is more the case with women than for men, or not enough time for all the women to use the restroom, women are more expected to just continue holding it or to not say anything about it.

Again though in some cases it is a matter of personal choice where some men are simply not going to ask to go to the bathroom because they feel they have to be macho, or a woman will have a bathroom available but will not want to be a nuisance, in both cases it is a person caving to societal pressure, but again in most cases it results in the women not getting to go to the bathroom where the man will usually eventually find an easy solution in a short time.

Yeah I do agree with the macho part. I know a friend who held his pee in from NYC to LA on a flight because he thought it would be weak to ask to be let out of his window seat because there were two girls and he had a crush on one of the girls so he held in what was a venti size coffee for the entire flight..l. He said it was uncofmortable but manageable but he was glad at LAX he didnt have to wait in line like the girls on the school trip and he said it was the best pee of his life

On 3/8/2023 at 2:15 PM, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

Guess what yesterday at an ice cream shop I was at a guy walked in and the restroom was locked and the server said restroom is closed at night. When a girl walked in like 2mins later she was allowed to use the restroom as an exception even though the guy seemed more desperate . Do you think this is fair and common where girls are given an easier time to use the bathroom?  Because if the guy denial I didn’t even bother asking if I could go take a just in case pee before boarding the bus home 

I do wonder how that guy ended up holding it because there are no other restrooms around this late at night and I saw him later on at a bus stop outside as we both took the bus to campus. I think he boarded the bus having to go and he did not look relaxed

@Angusburger

"Guess what yesterday at an ice cream shop I was at a guy walked in and the restroom was locked and the server said restroom is closed at night. When a girl walked in like 2mins later she was allowed to use the restroom as an exception even though the guy seemed more desperate . Do you think this is fair and common where girls are given an easier time to use the bathroom?  Because if the guy denial I didn’t even bother asking if I could go take a just in case pee before boarding the bus home"

In my experience I think that people are more likely to feel sympathetic towards members of the opposite sex, particularly if they are attractive to them. It's interesting as I've talked with a lot of people about this and it seemed like guys are more likely to let a woman use the bathroom then women are and I do think that maybe there is sort of that, I don't know if I would say chivalry, but I think that there's a lot of people who would make an exception for an attractive member of the opposite sex because they are hoping to win brownie points with them. I think that people tend to be more harsh on members of the same sex in most instances, perhaps viewing them as competition.

"I do wonder how that guy ended up holding it because there are no other restrooms around this late at night and I saw him later on at a bus stop outside as we both took the bus to campus. I think he boarded the bus having to go and he did not look relaxed"

Something I imagine that happens often.