Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Ordering stuff on Amazon when you share an account with others

This question is for people who share an Amazon prime account with others.

The only pee related item I've purchased off of Amazon was a fabric bedwetting pad.

To safeguard my purchase,  I chose an item to be delivered at a certain time. I did add it in between a handful of Christmas gifts I purchased for my wife, so I asked her to not to peek, just in case the item came early or late.

In the Amazon app, I was able to enable private searches to the particular device itself, which actually worked, however, when the item was added to the cart, everyone on this prime account on other devices could see it in there.

After ordering, I asked Alexa what my orders were, and she did mention the pad - face palm! Even worse, I have noticed random bedwetting items will show up in the "items you may like" section(s), as well as multiple diaper ads when using Prime Video. 

Do you have any recommendations to make the ads go away, as well the ability to make browsing & purchasing more private?

Yeah, with everything so entangled with other people/devices, the only way to be sure is to make a separate amazon account. No need for prime on that account, if you spend over a certain amount you may even get free shipping anyway. In my opinion, this privacy would be worth the extra couple dollars it might cost you in shipping fees. I'm assuming you wouldn't order so many fetish items to make prime on a second account worth it.