Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

DL without the AB?

No judgement on anyone's kinks or personal preferences, but I am curious about this.

As the title says, I like diapers, but I am not into ageplay or assuming the role of an adult baby. Most of the experiences, artwork, etc, I see online depicting adult diaper lovers overlaps with ageplay. It's rare to see someone casually wearing diapers without the infantalism aspect coexisting. Or even any sexual aspects (although omo/wetting is a sexual fetish for me, my interest in diapers is much less sexual than it is just a casual hobby I would like to explore)

Anyone out there get this?

15 minutes ago, deviatedseptum said:

No judgement on anyone's kinks or personal preferences, but I am curious about this.

As the title says, I like diapers, but I am not into ageplay or assuming the role of an adult baby. Most of the experiences, artwork, etc, I see online depicting adult diaper lovers overlaps with ageplay. It's rare to see someone casually wearing diapers without the infantalism aspect coexisting. Or even any sexual aspects (although omo/wetting is a sexual fetish for me, my interest in diapers is much less sexual than it is just a casual hobby I would like to explore)

Anyone out there get this?

i get this 100%. I put off my exploration of diapers/ pullups because i felt uncomfortable about the ageplay associations.

As you said "No judgement on anyone's kinks or personal preferences", but i wasn't comfortabke with it.

My reason for wanting to try diapers/ pullups was so i coud wet in public secretly, and in confidence. Once i did  finally did start exploring them i discovered a whole new side to wetting - new sensations and ways of wetting. It's been amazing

Guest JustYui

Me, me, I get it and completely agree. I'm not in the business of judging kinks, but ageplay is very not for me and is actually quite a turn-off for me personally. It makes trying to find art incredibly difficult when the overlap is so significant that I wouldn't blame someone for thinking it's impossible to have one without the other, to the point where I've just quit looking at all. Quite frankly it makes me want to dust off my old writing skills just to deliver the DL content I want but can't find (cos I'm certainly not drawing it anytime soon).

Edited by JustYui (see edit history)

I have recently purchased proper tape up diaper/nappies, and love the feeling against my skin. No ageplay, just that lovely warm wet feeling, with huge capacity.

I prefer to use light braces to keep them up and in contact, as they soon become quite weighted. Alternatively, lightweight stretchy nylon football shorts held up with braces...stronger this time as the material can stand it, but large enough not to overwhelm the 'diaper touch', and to still maintain skin contact.

13 hours ago, JustYui said:

Me, me, I get it and completely agree. I'm not in the business of judging kinks, but ageplay is very not for me and is actually quite a turn-off for me personally. It makes trying to find art incredibly difficult when the overlap is so significant that I wouldn't blame someone for thinking it's impossible to have one without the other, to the point where I've just quit looking at all. Quite frankly it makes me want to dust off my old writing skills just to deliver the DL content I want but can't find (cos I'm certainly not drawing it anytime soon).

I hear you. That's what got me started writing kink content specifically. Sometimes the only way to get exactly what you want is to do it yourself, and that means more variety for the rest of us!

Hello yes, this is me! I like the submissive nature of wetting diapers (and just being submissive in general) and feeling 'small' in a submissive sense but I'm not into the age stuff so much (or at all, really). 

It can feel a bit isolating to be into diapers but not age play, but we're all different and I guess that's what makes these kinds of communities interesting 🙂 

Totally get this as well. When I first experimented with diapers a few years ago I did try a little bit of ageplay alongside it since my first real exposure to it all was through an ageplay website, I assumed that to be into diapers I had to be into regression and stuff like that as well but it wasn't for me.

I do kinda get the appeal of it and more power to those who enjoy it but it's not my thing.

I get it but im kinda in the middle. Does it count if i like the items more than acting? Like, im a DL, and i love onesies, pacis, bottles and such, but im not entirely into being treated like a baby with the baby talking (babbling words and such) or being fed, the more extreme ways as i call it. Sometimes i just like wearing a diaper and wetting and just unwinding from a bad day

…and I think this thread demonstrates just another one of the beautiful elements of this community. There are many different ways to enjoy it! Some are strictly into wearing and using diapers. Some like to wear and use and also regress to a time before stress and pressure took command of life. Some like to care for others… 

Regardless of your specific flavour, I am grateful to be a part of this community with you all! 

Weird. I'm into both AB and DL, but sometimes I'm so much more into the DL aspect that I just go with that, no baby stuff. So I can understand the need. But I have no problem finding diaper art, pictures, or stories that's just that, without any AB themes. So no pacifiers, baby clothes or toys, etc. No caregiver. No littlespace. No overly cutesy stuff. Even the diapers are quite plain or medical ones. Stories about incontinence, BDSM punishments, or someone straigth up participating in their diaper fetish.

I think you just have to find the right content creators, and keep bookmarks. A lot of artists cater to both parties - like LazyBlazy does the most baby-ish stuff, but also things like this and this. And even creators having "baby" in the name have a lot of art with normal people sitting in adult clothes and wearing diapers - you just have to scroll past the rest like one time when you save the art that you like. (RL content creators might be less varied in my experience.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely a DL, but I had a gf who was AB and DL when I was 19-21. At that time (about 2006-7) there wasn't a ton of online discussion about it and the fetish was still very in the closet. It was by complete chance that I started seeing this really cool chick, who I had no idea was into AB/DL.

We were riding home from a concert one night, very tired and a little baked, and she kept whining about having to go pee. Long story longer, she had an accident about 15mins from my house (where we stayed together) and it turned me on big time. This wasn't the first time I'd experienced something like that, but definitely the first time I'd been with someone who liked it too. My younger, dumber, and tired self couldn't shut up and I just told her, "that is so hot!" and things just blossomed from there. About a week later, she came out to me as being an AB-DL, and I was just astonished. We'd gone to school together as kids, and here we were with very similar fetishes. Although I had a wonderful relationship with her and we had a lovely time together, we were too young and foolish to get our stuff together, sadly.

Anyways, I have always been on the fence about the AB side of the fetish. It's weird sometimes (I guess WE are all a bit weird sometimes too). Some people def take it to the extreme while for others it's just "shallow" or simple stuff. The latter I'm perfectly okay with. However, OP, I absolutely get what you're saying and I have felt that way about the fetish in general before; the content made for the fetish seems very ABDL generalized as opposed to AB and DL seperately.

Finally, I'll just say this: I like it when my partner is turned on and/or happy, so if that's a bit of ageplay mixed with DL, then that's fine by me.