Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Thoughts about wearing for escapism and wellbeing

Does anyone else wear diapees as a form of escapism after a rough day, or to support their mental wellbeing? I wanted to just splurge some feelings into the void and see what your guys experiences with this are!

For context, a couple weeks ago I had a bad day - work was stressful and then I had a bad experience online with being harassed by an online seller (they were incredibly hostile when I complained that a "handmade" candle holder I'd bought from them turned out to be plastic and mass produced) that culminated in being threatened with the police + legal threats! It sounds so silly now when I write it out but it really sent my anxiety and OCD into an extreme spiral because they had my address and lived nearby too.

What was interesting though was that I found myself immediately thinking of getting padded and snuggling into bed with my favourite stuffed toy - I'm not sure if it helped at all but it was at least quite telling that my brain has made the connection between getting padded and feeling comforted and like I didn't have to worry about that stuff anymore, just for a little while at least! It's obviously not a replacement for my medication/therapy but I'm comfortable using it as a support - everyone needs some escapism after all!

It's kinda funny cos I was so comfy that I had a biiiig wet accident in bed (thankfully no leaks!) and kinda imagined that I was peeing out all the bad thoughts >.< (I'm dumb I know...)

What are your guys thoughts on this? Does anyone have any similar experiences they'd like to share? :3

I don't wear diapers much like a lot of us diaper lovers do, but for sure, I am drawn to them when I've had a stressful week / day. If I think about it more, actually, 9 times out of 10 the times my urge gives in to wear and wet a diaper is normally due to stress and needing to unwind / let myself go (metaphorically and physically haha). And even more interestingly, I haven't worn now for a few months and I am having all sorts of stress issues, which often leads to arguments with my partner, and I'm going to hazzard a guess it's due to not satisfying myself in that way, when I need the comfort of a diaper.

If only I had the balls to tell her, I could probably wear one every week and I would have no stress issues at all, but hey ho, we have to just get on with it.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:12 AM, Finn is Sleepy said:

Awwww, thats a really adorable way to deal with stress thats for sure :3

N'aww thanks >///< I do feel kinda cutesy and smol!

23 hours ago, padsndiapers said:

I don't wear diapers much like a lot of us diaper lovers do, but for sure, I am drawn to them when I've had a stressful week / day. If I think about it more, actually, 9 times out of 10 the times my urge gives in to wear and wet a diaper is normally due to stress and needing to unwind / let myself go (metaphorically and physically haha). And even more interestingly, I haven't worn now for a few months and I am having all sorts of stress issues, which often leads to arguments with my partner, and I'm going to hazzard a guess it's due to not satisfying myself in that way, when I need the comfort of a diaper.

If only I had the balls to tell her, I could probably wear one every week and I would have no stress issues at all, but hey ho, we have to just get on with it.

This is super interesting, thanks for the response! :3 I really hope you can get some time to wear a diaper soon, and that it helps with the stress, don't let it build up too much!

21 hours ago, nappypants said:

Anyway, it’s a pretty harmless form of stress relief really, when you compare to alcohol, drugs, smoking, junk food etc…

(Not saying I never do any of those… I don’t do drugs or smoking, but the other two certainly on occasions 😂)

You are spot on lol, it's easy to let those feelings of shame build up, but if you think about it for a second, wearing some padded underwear to decompress isn't hurting anyone or yourself, so I say enjoy! I'm also trying to drink alcohol a lot less, so I need something harmless to replace it with 😄 tasty food however... nom nom nom

On 3/3/2023 at 12:43 AM, FacelessDL said:

When I did my diaper experiences a few years ago, yes this was a thing. To this day I do occasionally think "Man I'm tired, wish I could diaper up and go to bed" it's quite snuggly.

Oop I missed this one!

It's very snuggly! Are you planning to indulge again? ☺️

• 1 month later...

I wear for numerous reasons but often it's because I'm overwhelmed with the world and need A LOT of sensory stimulation to distract me. I'm also a grad student and will almost always wear an Abena X-Plus (I think they're called M4s now) with the plastic backing during an exam... which reminds me, I only have two diapers left. I'm fortunate to have recently found a place nearby in Massachusetts that actually stocks Abena.

I don't know about wearing for "escapism" as such myself but definitely for some form of mental and physical stress relief for sure. It's true for omorashi too. I'm more likely to want to wet my pants or put on a diaper and wet that when things in my real life are more stressful. And the longer I go without that release the more the stress builds up, I've found.

In practice I don't wear that often, a few times a month maybe, but I get very stressed and anxious when I know I *can't* wear. The notion that I can wear even if I'm not doing so at that moment is its own form of comfort I think.