Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Chib: An Omorashi Fiction

My first post on here is evidently going to be that story I've been writing, which I can't really share with anyone, but I don't feel like I can post it on my Literotica either. It's called "Chib" because I didn't know what to call it so I closed my eyes and picked out random letters on the keyboard.

Some of my literotica characters are from this story; Pia, Azri, May, and later, Saoirse. It also ties directly into my other fiction/short stories; Saoirse knows Arthur, and May is related to Digitalis.

___

Part 1

The world had a green tint to it, and everything was blurry. He felt weightless.
    "If you want this unit it's yours for a tenth of a credit - it'd be free but we can't technically *give* it to you," said a voice. "Boss says you just have to haul it way before five today."
    "How long has it been here?" asked a second voice.
    "No idea. Longer than I have?" said the first voice. "I've worked here all of maybe two weeks though."
    "Right," said the second voice. "Well, it looks mostly intact, at least. I'll take it."
    "Pull your tow around the front and we'll load it on," said the first voice. The two voices trailed off over the next minute, and he wondered where he was. It was cold and very still.
    The world shook, but he didn't. There was something rectangular in front of him, with a square of light near the top. The world jostled again and the voices were back, muffled.

Everything was dark. He couldn't open his eyes and he didn't know what woke him. He could see through his eyelids that it was slightly lighter than it had been before, and he could hear metal creaking, and the steady drum of footsteps from somewhere close by.
    "Still full of fluid, that explains a lot-"
    He took a moment to recognize the voice that had spoken: the second voice from before. It was feminine and sounded young.
    "Oh no. No, no, no." The second voice trailed off again, along with the footsteps.
    He wanted to say something, but couldn't. The darkness returned, fading in quickly.

"So...why do you need *my* help?" said a new voice. It was another feminine voice, slightly deeper, with a slower cadence. "It's a tank of body soup by now, assuming that was even a real person floating in it. Have you called-"
    "He's still alive, Azri," groaned the second voice. "I saw him move!"
    He opened his eyes. The square was light again, and this time there were two figures in it. One was a young human woman with green hair and blood-red eyes that glinted in the weak light. The other was obscured in the shadows behind her.
    "The last inspection sticker on it is from six years ago," said the other voice, concerned. "Bubble, nothing is going to survive that long in a junked med module with no power."
    "He moved, I saw it," insisted the second voice, as the green-haired woman's mouth moved.
    The square of light suddenly changed shape, and he realized that the shape in front of him was a door, with a square window in it. The door was opening, and light flooded his eyes. It stung his eyes, and he reflexively tried to cover them. Both arms did move, just very slowly
    "Oh wow..."
    "See what I told you?!" said the second voice - the girl with the green hair.

He awoke crumpled on the ground, cold but unable to shiver. Something hooked him under his left shoulder and pulled him up. He couldn't seem to open his eyes, but as he was lifted he could feel a warm body and dry clothes against his skin.
    "It's important that we keep him upright," said the new voice. "There's a table next to the tank. Put those poles under his armpits."
    He felt himself being lifted again. "If he's been in here for six years, how is he so fat?" grunted the second voice.
    "It's common for people to bloat up after a long time in hydrostasis," said the new voice, sounding vaguely bored. "We'll need to get all that fluid out, or it could be a big problem."
    He wanted open his eyes and speak to the two others, but he couldn't. As hard as he tried, his body stayed limp, pulled down by gravity. He felt himself sliding onto a hard surface, with something under his arms.
    He opened his eyes. The green-haired girl was leaning over him, looking concerned.
    "Is he awake, or did his eyes just get...gas...bubbles? Or something?"
    "I don't know," said the new voice, as a second person leaned into view. The owner of that voice was a woman with light blue-green skin, odd fin-like ears, shoulder-length dark green hair, and sleepy metallic silver eyes. "You awake, little friend?"
    He tried to take a breath and choked on it. He started to cough, but instead of air coming out of his lungs, he expelled a large amount of fluid all over himself and the green-haired girl leaning over him. She recoiled, allowing the next wave of lukewarm fluid to splash freely over his cold, naked body.
    "Looks like you're back in business, kiddo," said the green-skinned woman, approaching him. She slid a hand behind his back and sat him up. He coughed again, hard enough to make him gag and vomit a thick dark green fluid from his belly all the way down his legs. His vision began to fade a little and he leaned back, panting. He could still feel fluid in his lungs, but it was much easier to breathe.
    "Great job! You're stronger than I thought," said the green-skinned woman cheerfully. "I thought we'd have to hang you upside down by your ankles."
    "What was the problem you were talking about, Azri?" asked the green-haired girl. "The one that had to do with how bloated he is?"
    Through the sudden exhaustion from the coughing, he felt a little stung. He looked down at himself: he was a little chubby, but didn't think he looked bloated, and the thick dark liquid was spattered down his front, giving his blue skin a sickly gray tint.
    "The stasis fluid has permeated his cellular membranes, and it stays in certain cells longer than others," said Azri. "It's not harming him now but it'll need to be flushed out."
    The green-haired girl eyed him. "That sounds complicated. Are you sure you don't want to take him with you to the clinic, so you could monitor him and stuff?"
    "I think it's best if he stays here, actually," said Azri after a moment of thought. "Call me if you have any emergencies, of course, but as long as he stays hydrated he should be fine."
    "Is there room at the clinic?"
    "We don't really take overnight patients, we just arrange transport to the hospitals in Shell Bay or Chocolate Smudge," said Azri. "I'll come over here and check on our little friend here in the mornings and evenings though, and I'll bring extra food." She pulled a foil pouch out of a bag on her hip and handed it to the green-haired girl. "Make sure he drinks all of that. He's not going to need any special medications, but he'll have to drink a lot of water over the next six months."
    "It's a good thing I bought a new evaporator module last week, then," sighed the green-haired girl.
    Azri used a small penlight to examine his eyes. "You awake, little friend?"  He gave her a small nod.
    "Little? He's taller than I am," said the green-haired girl. "Or is that some medical term I'm not aware of...?"
    "It's a figure of speech," sighed Azri, leaning over to examine his body. "It doesn't translate very well from my dialect at home -- it's closer to the word 'cute' I guess."
    The green-haired girl glanced over at him. "Cute?"
    "Cassiopeia, that's enough," Azri reached down and brushed some of his hair off his face. It came off on her hand as discolored green sludge, breaking down quickly. She wiped it off on the sterile white wall. "Oops...sorry about that. How are you feeling? I'm glad we were able to get you out of that tank before you turned into corpse soup."
    "Azri," groaned the green-haired girl.
    "Pia's right - I guess you'd be more of a thick corpse stew." Azri bent over him, extending her hands and gripping his face. Her hands were cold, sending a brief shiver up his spine. She brought her face to his, pressing their foreheads together, closed her eyes, and an odd tingling sensation spread down his face from where their skin touched. After a few long, uncomfortable seconds, Azri pulled away and stood up, wiping her head with her sleeve.
    "What's your name? Do you remember?"
    He tried to remember his name and couldn't. He felt alarmed, but his face was too heavy to express it.
    "Don't strain yourself," said Azri seriously. "Your life depends on it for the next month or two."

It wasn't hard to follow Azri's instructions; the pouch had a straw. The water felt good in his throat, and he drank eagerly. Pia was awkward about it, but he didn't notice.
    "Good," said Azri when he'd finished. "Now, I've got to get back. I can carry him back to your skiff."
    Azri was much stronger than Pia had been, lifting him easily. She had an odd smell to her, which intensified as a metallic creak rang out in front of them. Pia held the door as Azri stepped outside. The daylight was blinding, and he squeezed his eyes shut against Azri's shoulder.
    "Sorry, bubble," said Azri. "I forgot it was so bright out here...Pia, pull one of the cloth bags out of my pocket and put it on his head, please." The sharp way Azri had said that was slightly jarring, and he couldn't see what was going on, but it was a small relief when a light cloth fell over his face.
    They walked a short distance before the unrelenting sunlight dimmed. "Where should I put him?"
    "In the bathroom," sighed Pia.
    He opened his eyes when the cloth fell: he was in a slightly cramped cabin on a small air vessel. He didn't know how he knew that, and passively observed as Azri set him down on the floor in a bathroom. The whole room was tiled, with showerheads on two walls, a small window near the ceiling, and a sink and toilet in the corner nearest to the door.
    "I recommend that he stays in the bathroom until he can walk on his own," said Azri, standing up gracefully. He saw that Azri was considerably smaller than Pia, but this didn't really surprise him: Amphibious people like Azri tended to be much stronger than other human-like species. How he knew that, though, he couldn't remember.
    "How long will that be?" asked Pia.
    Azri eyed him. "Anywhere from one to four hours. He was floating around in some pretty high-quality stuff, and he's in amazing shape. There's some possible discoloration on his face, limbs, and his penis, but it's too early to tell whether that's permanent."
    Pia glanced down at him. His body wasn't quite as heavy as it had been just a few minutes before, and he was able to look down at himself. He was still spattered in the dark fluid he'd vomited up, and he couldn't even see what color his penis was underneath it. He couldn't feel any pain there, but he couldn't feel much else in his body, either.
    "I said 'possible' discoloration, I'm sure it's fine. You should at least be functional to pee, which you'll be doing a lot," said Azri. "Now, before I go, all you really need to remember is to stay hydrated and don't strain yourself. I'll be back in the morning to check on you, and until then, Pia will take good care of you." She said a cheerful goodbye and breezed out, leaving him alone with a very confused Pia.
    "Well uh..." said Pia. "Can you wash yourself?"

After an awkward but thorough wash, Pia helped him scoot onto a folded towel. He could move his arms and legs but his finer motor control was still lagging. He had a glass of water, and sat back against the tile wall while Pia searched for clothes for him.
    "These should be big enough, I hope," said Pia. He was able to dress himself with some help. "Think you can stand up?"
    He took a breath to speak and coughed again. He nodded and Pia braced herself. She helped him to his feet, and they found his legs fairly steady. Surprisingly, he was a head taller than Pia, and it made her seem small. He was beginning to regain feeling in his toes. The sensation was glorious, and he just stood there enjoying it until he noticed a rushing sound. He looked down and saw that he was urinating. He couldn't even feel it, but he was spraying Pia's feet with a strong, distinctly blue jet. Pia raised the hem of her skirt a little to keep it out of the way.
    "I'm-" he hacked out. "I'm sor-" He couldn't form the words.
    "I know. It's alright. All I have to do is rinse my feet," sighed Pia. "You know, Azri told me off for wearing sandals today. Please don't tell her this, but I don't regret my choice of footwear at all." She looked down and watched the puddle spreading around them. "Feeling better?"
    He gulped and shook his head. "I can't-" he coughed. "-feel it."
    "That's unfortunate," said Pia. "Your first pee in years and you can't even feel it." She helped him remove the shorts and threw them in the wash.
    Pia led him out into the main cabin of her skiff. The bathroom opened directly to the kitchen area, with the counter and sink sitting opposite the outside door. Further beyond, a wall divided the room into a wide hallway on the left, and a small living area on the right. He could see all the way up to the ship's bow, its wide ovular windows blocked off by folding screens. Pia sat him down on her couch.
    "Are you alright here for the next minute or two?" asked Pia.
    He nodded.
    "Good. I'll be right back with some clean shorts." Pia retreated up the hallway and returned with a pair of shorts and a sheepish expression. "These are my only clean pair right now," she said, as though it explained everything. It did not, but they seemed like nice enough shorts.
    "I think I'm done being productive for today," sighed Pia, handing him another glass of water as she sat down on the couch. He carefully held it up and drank it: he couldn't feel his fingers yet, but he could move them. "Wanna watch My Little Targ: Honor Is Magic?"
    "My little-" he coughed. His voice was deep and scratchy. He took a breath and switched to a whisper: "What's that?"
    The show Pia had picked was animated with a well-written, fairly simple plot that was easy to follow. He watched it for a while, until his throat started to get dry again. He looked over at Pia, who stood up.
    "Water?"
    He gulped and nodded.
    "Gotcha. Want some instant noodles?"
    He fidgeted; he was still fairly numb and couldn't tell whether or not he was hungry.
    "I'll make you some anyway. If it turns out you don't want it I'll just eat it."
    Pia poured him another glass of water and started the kettle, taking out two bowls and sitting down next to him while she waited for it to boil. "So, what do I call you? Do you remember your name?"
    He drank the glass of water in a single gulp, shaking his head.
    "Is there a name you like? Like Tyrone? Bill? Baron Marius von Fundshauser the fifth?"
    "...What?"
    Pia snorted. "We'll watch that series next...but anyway, what would you like to be called? You keep just getting referred to as 'he' and 'him' here and it's getting confusing."
    He took a deep breath; he suddenly needed to pee.
    "I'm Pia, by the way. Short for Cassiopeia. The tiny amphibious lady that carried you here is Azri." Pia held up one hand and he raised one to meet it. Pia's hands were small compared to his.
    "Tiny?"
    "Yeah dude, you saw her yourself. She barely goes up to my shoulder. She's a little...weird...all the time but she's a good doctor and a good friend."
    Over on the counter, the kettle started whistling. Pia hurried over and poured the water into the bowls she'd brought out. After setting a timer on her oven Pia sat down next to him.
    "Cyan?"
    "Cyan?" Pia repeated.
    "For a name," he said, shrugging. "Because I'm blue, I guess?"
    "Cy for short?" asked Pia. "I like it."
    "Yeah," said Cyan.
    "Well, it's nice to meet you, Cyan."
    "You too, Pia," said Cyan.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part 2     Cyan woke up warm and shaky. He'd fallen asleep on Pia's couch, and she'd given him a pillow and blanket. It was surprisingly long enough for his tall frame, and he'd slept heavily. The f

Part 4     Azri said her goodbyes after dinner and went home. At Pia's suggestion, they lounged on either end of the couch and watched some random movies Pia had found in the market. Pia was stil

I padded it out with art. It takes even longer than the writing. Darn it. ___ Chapter 15     Pia arrived at her front door around six in the evening. May had been bent on keeping them o

Posted Images

Part 2
    Cyan woke up warm and shaky. He'd fallen asleep on Pia's couch, and she'd given him a pillow and blanket. It was surprisingly long enough for his tall frame, and he'd slept heavily. The first thing that hit Cyan was a desperate need to pee. His bladder was painfully full, and he couldn't stop a slow, hot drip in his shorts.
    A bucket sat on the small table in front of the couch with a note taped to the side.

Cyan
am in town right now if I can find clothes that fit you I'll bring them back
the bucket is for your use
Azri here at 10
Pia

Pia's handwriting was small and tidy, but the lack of punctuation gave Cyan brain cramps. He grabbed the bucket and positioned it on the floor. The shorts he wore unsnapped in the crotch.
    There was a loud click, and the door to the outside opened. Cyan's stream pattered reluctantly against the bottom of the bucket as Azri stepped inside.
    "Hello? Little friend?" Azri wore a flowy sort of sweater dress, smeared with bright-colored paints. Pia hadn't been kidding about Azri being small: she would barely be chest height to him if he stood up.
    "That is some very blue pee," she commented. "Can you feel yourself urinating?"
    Cyan took a deep breath and nodded yes. His flow was picking up, and he kept his eyes on the bucket, aiming carefully so that his hand shielded his most vulnerable parts.
    "Would you mind answering some questions?" asked Azri, keeping a respectful distance. "Or would you be more comfortable if I stepped out while you finish?"
    "It's okay," sighed Cyan, embarrassed at the relief in his voice. "I don't mind."
    "And you can talk! Is it difficult?" asked Azri excitedly.
    Cyan gulped. "It's getting easier."
    "Wonderful! How many glasses of water have you had since I left last night?"
    Cyan's face warmed up. He couldn't tell whether or not he was blushing. "I didn't count. At least four."
    "And how many times did you pee?" asked Azri.
    "I didn't," said Cyan. "I fell asleep."
    "I see," said Azri. Cyan dared to glance up, and saw Azri standing in the kitchen, conscientiously staring at the empty sink. "Would you like some water?"
    "Sure."
    Azri busied herself, pouring Cyan a glass of water and setting out a small kit on the counter. Cyan's bladder took an agonizingly long time to drain, during which Azri asked if she could get some blood, saliva, and urine samples from him. He didn't know how to say no to that, so he didn't.
    When Cyan finished he found it easier to breathe. The shorts conveniently buttoned back into place, and now that he wasn't about to wet himself, he took a moment to appreciate the design.
    "Aren't those nice?" asked Azri, approaching him. "My May sewed those for Pia."
    Cyan opened his mouth to speak, and Azri handed him a glass of water and a thermometer.
    "Put that under your tongue...Do you remember your name?" asked Azri, lifting the bucket. Cyan put the thermometer in his mouth.
    "Do you remember anything before you went in the tank?" Cyan shook his head again. "Can you count to ten?"
    "Mm-hmm," replied Cyan.
    "Count aloud."
    Cyan pointed at the thermometer sticking out of his mouth while Azri took some urine samples from the bucket.
    "Oh, right," laughed Azri. "I'll stick to yes or no questions then. Did you eat last night?" Cyan shook his head. "Did Pia offer you food?" He nodded, and Azri took the bucket into the bathroom. She rinsed out the bucket and washed her hands, bringing the bucket back out to Cyan. She took the thermometer out of his mouth, noted the reading, and stowed it in another bag.
    "Could you read the note on the bucket?" asked Azri, pulling a small notepad out of her pocket and jotting something down.
    "Yeah," said Cyan. "Pia went into town to find some clothes."
    "Do you know when Pia left for the market, Little One?" asked Azri, looking up at the clock in the kitchen.
    "No. I woke up just before you got here," said Cyan, taking a long gulp of water.
    "When she gets back I want to go check out the unit you were found in," said Azri. "If I can find the serial number we might be able to figure out where it's been."

Azri took Cyan's vitals, and they spent the next hour on the couch. Azri was a huge Honor Is Magic fan, and paused the show frequently to explain the world and lore. At first Cyan found it informative, but it didn't take long for the deluge of information to become an overload.
    Cyan took a break to pee between episodes. He hadn't been nearly as full as he'd been before, so he attempted walking to the washroom. Azri accompanied him to the door, but he was steady enough that she trusted him to go in by himself. Cyan shut the door behind him and locked it. He had a long, satisfying pee, and the noise drowned out the noise from the other room. Cyan paused to look at himself after he washed his hands. His skin was blue with blotches of sickly gray. He was completely bald, and his eyes were an eerie metallic violet.
    Azri was pacing in the kitchen when Cyan opened the bathroom door. "I just tried to find Pia on communications and she's not picking up," she informed Cyan. "I'm going down to the unit. If you'd like to come with me you're welcome."
    Cyan scratched at his ear. "How long of a walk is it?"
    "Not long. I can carry you if you need it," said Azri, adding in response to the skeptical look on his face: "It's not a long distance, and you're not that heavy."
    Cyan walked barefoot on the low boardwalk. It was set out in a winding sort of grid on the forest floor. The grid sat in a mostly-cleared area, and there were no other crafts parked there. Pia's air skiff sat alone, looking vaguely like a giant clothes iron. Its windows were round and bubble-like, and it sat on a standard flat levitation platform.
    "Harpy Silverling five-thousand," Cyan said slowly, walking next to Azri. "Stainless steel plating and a compact hover base. They don't make them like that anymore." The information had just randomly tumbled out of his mouth.
    "Is it?" yawned Azri. "How do you know?"
    "I don't know," said Cyan.
    "Well, you could remember soon, at the rate you're rebounding from the stasis," said Azri cheerily.

The unit was a huge metal box. Cyan recognized the door on the side.
    "If we can find the serial number quickly I'll take you by the viewpoint on the way back," said Azri. "I'll inspect the right side, you get the left. Holler if you see any numbers!"
    Azri hopped off the boardwalk and strode around the side of the unit. A set of stairs led down from the boardwalk to the flat dirt below, and Cyan padded down them. He noticed something on the corner: an assortment of cloth bags, set neatly in a pile. He thought he could hear something, and kept walking. The sound got louder, and he finally recognized it: running water.
    Cyan stepped around the corner and saw the source of the noise: Pia. She stood, knees splayed and skirt raised, relieving herself copiously on the ground. She wore a blue dress patterned with dandelions with nothing underneath, and her bare legs had a noticeable layer of thin green hair. Sighing, Pia looked lazily over her shoulder in the direction of the bags she'd set down, only to lock eyes with Cyan. They stood there in silence for a long moment. Cyan's face felt warm, and Pia's face turned bright red.
    "Oh hi, Pia!" said Azri, strolling around the corner. She looked down. "You're looking well-hydrated today!"
    Pia's face reddened even further, even as her expression turned bemused. It made Cyan want to laugh, but the outing had tired him out, and he was already winded.
    "Hey, so my kids' bus gets back in half an hour, could you help us find the serial number?" continued Azri.
    Pia finished with a long squirt and dropped her skirt immediately, still dripping. "I found the serial number. It's why I stopped here on the way in." She stepped over the puddle she'd created. "I got it." She pulled a small piece of paper from her dress pocket and handed it to Azri.
    "Splendid," said Azri, pocketing the paper. "Now we have to get Little One back to your skiff so I can get home for my minis."

5 hours ago, orangelion said:

Why don't you feel like you can post this on Literotica? It is a decent story just like all the rest you have on there even though I'm not into male peeing, which seems to be the focus of this story.

I'm really enjoy your stories on Literotica by the way.

Aww thank you so much! I'm not really comfortable sending my stories to anyone I know, so I don't normally see feedback. It really is kind of Cyan-centered; I went and developed the characters in my short stories to flesh them out better before writing with them. I also solidified a timeline and made maps. It does get more female peeing as more characters are introduced. This story is a little long for Literorica in my opinion (though my series have been getting pretty long lately 😅) and it merges with my "normal" fiction at some point so I want to try and shoehorn more plot than usual in there.

Part 3
    Cyan politely declined Azri's offer to carry him at first, but the walk back was quickly exhausting him. He almost gave in about thirty feet from Pia's air skiff, and by the time he stepped through the hatch, his legs were shaking. He had just enough coordination to stumble from the door to the couch, plopping down on the pile of blankets he'd slept in.
    "How are those legs, Little One?" asked Azri while Pia hauled the groceries onto her counter to put away. "Any pain?"
    "No," Cyan wheezed. "Just tired."
    "Sit up and I'll get you some water," said Azri.
    Cyan pulled himself into a sitting position. Azri was filling his glass with water while Pia worked behind her. Pia's face was still red, and she seemed to be avoiding looking in his direction since they'd met outside. He wanted to say something, but he had to catch his breath first. It helped when Azri handed him the glass of water and he drank half of it in one gulp.
    "You did great, but don't strain yourself like this again. I cannot emphasize it enough: your life depends on it," said Azri. "Gotta go, peace out Little Friend, Pia." She opened the hatch to the outside. "I'll be back at dinner time."
    Azri closed the door behind her, leaving Cyan in silence with Pia. Cyan sat back on the couch, dozing off.
    "I got you some shoes," said Pia abruptly. Cyan jolted awake.
    "...oh, you did?" Cyan sat back up. Pia dropped a bag on the couch next to him. On top was a pair of sandals.
    "I measured your feet before I left," she said, taking out the first shirt. "But the only clothes I could find that would fit you are giant t-shirts and swim shorts."
    "Thanks," said Cyan, looking at the shirts. One of them was patterned with fluffy white dogs.
    "Are you hungry?" asked Pia, hurrying back to the kitchen. "I got more things you can eat. Azri told me not to give you gluten just in case, so it's probably good that you didn't have any noodles, because they're wheat."
    Cyan yawned. He could feel something like hunger in his stomach, but the walk had tired him out. He drifted off quickly.

Cyan woke up next to a large cylindrical tank. His tank.
    Cyan lay on the metal bed. He recognized the interior of the medical unit he was in. It had been made for a specific type of air vessel. He was naked and wet from the tank.
    "Hey, I know this place," said Azri. Without warning, she faded into existence next to the bed. Cyan sat up and covered himself.
    "Why am I back here?" Cyan stood up and backed away toward the door. Azri didn't move, but looked around thoughtfully.
    "Maybe because you don't remember anything? This is the unit, from yesterday. You have a pretty good recollection of it."
    Cyan tried the doorknob, but the door was locked. Something was off.
    "Anyway, you should wake up," said Azri.
    "What?"
    "You're asleep," explained Azri as though everything was completely normal. "This is your dream - which means you can do anything...You should save that knowledge for later though. You need to wake up. Right now."
    "Why?" asked Cyan. He was just noticing how easy it was to stand, and how his joints weren't aching like they'd been when he'd plopped down on the couch.
    "You're peeing yourself," said Azri.
    Cyan looked down. He was suddenly wearing a bright blue patient's gown. A thick chemical smell hung in the air, sticking in his sinuses. He wanted to gag but found that he physically could not. It meant the drugs were working.
    "I'm not-"

Azri stood next to the couch, leaning over Cyan with a dazed expression. She snapped out of it quickly, pulling him to his feet. His legs were still asleep, so he mostly stumbled to the bathroom, leaking into his shorts on his walk through the kitchen, where Pia was cooking something on the stove. 
    He sat down to pee, and Azri left to find him a new shirt and pair of shorts - his urine had stained his front blue, soaking the front of both his shorts and long nightshirt. He looked over his shoulder at the window over the toilet. It was still light outside, though it was starting to fade-
    "Are you going to need help changing clothes?" asked Azri, setting down a new set of clothes on the toilet tank.
    "No, I'll be fine," yawned Cyan.
    "You sure?" asked Azri, placing a hand on Cyan's knee. It tingled strangely where she touched him. "I can't feel your legs."
    Pia's voice echoed through the door: "Azri, you're in mommy mode. Let Cyan change his clothes."
    Azri sighed and looked at Cyan, her eyes reflecting a weird metallic sheen in the light from the window. "She's right. If you need any help just holler, okay?" said Azri, stepping back toward the door. "And who's Cyan?" she asked in Pia's direction.
    "It's him," sighed Pia's voice. "Our 'little' friend?"
    Azri gasped, stopping at the doorway to the kitchen. "You remembered your name?!"
    Pia entered the doorway, putting an arm around Azri. "We're not sure, he picked it for himself."
    "Let's give the guy some privacy, Azri," said Pia coolly,  pulling Azri into the kitchen. "You said you'd help me with the rice." Pia directed a brief friendly wave toward Cyan, made slightly awkward by the fact that he was still peeing, and shut the door behind her.

Cyan stepped out of the bathroom a few minutes later. Azri was cooking now, and though Pia wasn't there, he could hear her walking around on the upper level.
    Azri directed a barrage of questions at Cyan over dinner, pausing while she ate to scribble out his answers. Afterward, she took his vitals. A part-time nurse, she had access to interworld supply lines, through which she could search and network to find out what she could about where Cyan had come from.
    "The soonest I'll have any information will be next week," said Azri. "This week is some human holiday."
    Cyan picked away at his food while Pia and Azri ate standing in the kitchen. It looked good - it was a type of curry made with pickled kelp - but Cyan only ate a few bites. His body was hungry but reluctant to eat much.
    "Don't fret, champ," said Azri. "People that wake up from stasis routinely take about a week to start showing interest in food. You're in shockingly good shape, especially considering how long you've been out."
    "Did you get a reply from your inquiry on the medical unit?" Pia asked.
    "That one's another two weeks out, at least," said Azri. "But I called the scrapyard and talked to the owner. He told me the medical unit has been there longer than he's owned the yard, and he bought it about fifteen years ago."
    "It was working that whole time?" Cyan asked skeptically.
    It was Pia who answered his question: "Some of those medical units have a long-term battery built-in. If they're made to be part of a module, most units have a backup power source. Yours must have."
    "How long do those power sources last?" asked Cyan apprehensively.
    Pia shrugged. "I won't know until I take the wall off of the unit. The battery isn't accessible from the inside. I want to have Miss May take a look at it too."
    "What did you want it for, anyway?" asked Cyan.
    "Spare parts," said Pia. "They don't make Silverling series components anymore, so I snap them up when I can."
    "Save the backplate off the turboencabulator when you take apart the unit, by the way," interjected Azri. "We can trace the serial number on that too."

Part 4

Azri said her goodbyes after dinner and went home. At Pia's suggestion, they lounged on either end of the couch and watched some random movies Pia had found in the market. Pia was still a little distant and embarrassed, but was slowly easing out of it as they relaxed and focused on the movie.
    Halfway into their first disc, Penguin Samurai, Pia sat up suddenly. The movement reminded Cyan that he was almost late for his next semi-regular pee break.
    "Can we pause-"
    "You have to pee?" gasped Pia. Cyan nodded. Weirdly, Pia seemed flustered. "Oh no..."
    Cyan reached over and retrieved the bucket. "What is it?" he asked. "Are you okay?"
    Pia's face reddened. "C-can I use the bucket after you're done?"
    "You can use it now if you like," said Cyan. He felt his face heat up, and wondered what color he was turning. "I can hold it for a bit."
    Pia took the bucket, soaking the hem of her skirt when she raised it. A little grunt preceded a cascading flood of clear piss.
    "Phew," panted Pia. "Sorry about this."  Her face was a bright, uniform red. She pissed hugely, sounding like a waterfall in the bucket.
    Cyan felt an urge to help, and said, "So is this why your name is P-..." It didn't sound like it had in his head. "Er...uh..."
    Surprisingly, Pia smiled. "You know, you're not the first to say that...and kind of, yes."
    "Is it why your boss lady modified those shorts I wore?"
    Pia covered her eyes as her flow stopped pummeling the sides and bottom of the bucket.
    "They're a great design," said Cyan quickly. "I wanted to ask if she could modify my shorts like that."
    "Thanks." Pia stood up, squeezing her skirt out over the bucket. Cyan carefully slid it over to himself while Pia scurried away up the hall.

Pia had to leave first thing the next morning to coordinate a delivery, and Cyan awakened to the harsh static of the communications console.
    Cyan sat on the couch, bundled up in fuzzy blankets. He wore a baggy sweater of Pia's with a manatee drinking from a teacup underneath the word "mana-tea." His bald head felt a little cold with the morning chill, but after Pia left he would cocoon himself in blankets again. In the meantime, Pia had made them each a mug of hot tea.
    "On the bright side, Miss May got back last night," continued Pia while finishing her breakfast. "Azri said she'd be here around noon today, and she's bringing food. You're welcome to anything in the pantry but please don't use the stove."
    Cyan yawned. He'd let out some of his morning pee when he first woke up, but got an erection halfway through and had to stop. He didn't know why it was being so persistent, but he was too tired to do anything about it. He waited to stand up until about a minute after Pia left.

Chib Pt. 5

The day was hot, humid, and heady with pollen. All Cyan wanted to do was sleep. Instead, he stared at the ceiling for what felt like several hours, gave up, and peered outside through the small window next to the front door. The words "what a lovely day" drifted across the surface of his mind, and they didn't feel like his words.
    Indoors it was warm and stuffy, but outside was bright and hot. The sky was clear and the sun was almost overhead, baking the grid of walkways that made up the dockyard. Cyan ran a hand over his smooth bald head and didn't like the thought of getting sunburned on his scalp.
    "Dockyard," repeated Cyan aloud. That was definitely his thought, and it felt good.
    A shadow drifted across the far side of the yard followed by an andyne woman with striking blue and tan wings, gliding low over the walkways. She touched down with practiced ease and walked briskly out of sight around the corner, obscured by the trees that surrounded the yard.
    With nothing else to watch outside, Cyan drank a glass of water and lay back on the couch, where he failed to nap for another half hour. He was trying to stay hydrated like Azri had told him, and was in the process of getting up to pee when a knock came at the door. He couldn't resist the urge to at least look and see who it was on the way to the bathroom.
    The person at the door was the andyne woman who'd glided by earlier. Her wings were larger and more striking in person, and her dusky blue hair had been pulled up into an elegant topknot. She wore a plain blocky blue apron dress. The words that weren't Cyan's filled in the phrase: "mourning outfit." If she were a human Cyan would've guessed she was in her early thirties, but an unfamiliar part of his brain produced an estimate of "mid-fifties."
    The woman at the door caught the movement and turned. Her hawklike amber eyes settled on him.
    "Hi, Cyan," she said through the glass. Her deep voice was earnest and tentative "Pia asked me to stop by and check on you. May I come in?"
    Cyan opened the door. He didn't want to seem rude and decided he could wait for another minute or two for the bathroom.
    "It's so nice and cool in here," remarked the woman. "I'm Miss May. I was out on business when Pia bought the medical unit you came in."
    Miss May looked at Cyan with a polite, expectant expression. It was his turn to speak, but she was very pretty and for some reason, he found himself tongue-tied.
    "Do you remember anything from before?" she asked, searching his face. Cyan shook his head. Miss May gave him a sympathetic but unsettlingly knowing glance before looking him up and down. "I need to get going, but would you mind if I took your measurements first? Pia tells me you need some clothes."
    "Sure," Cyan managed to gulp. Miss May was taller and more beautiful up close, and the prospect of replying to her dried out Cyan's mouth and made his bladder throb. Miss May pulled a tape measure and a small dog-eared notebook out of a pocket in her sleeve and approached him. She had a familiar minty lilac scent, and it made Cyan's heart race as she leaned close. He felt something else starting to throb somewhere underneath his baggy clothes and didn't dare look down when she measured his chest and waist. Cyan's member twitched as she stepped back.
    "I'll just estimate the hips, shall I?" she said tactfully. Other than a faint pinkness to her freckled cheeks, she seemed completely unruffled.
    "Thanks," squeaked Cyan. Suddenly he didn't have any trouble holding his bladder.
    "I have some old clothes that should fit you, I'll just have to patch up the back," said May. "Well, Cyan, good to finally meet you. If I don't come by with Azri later, I'll see you when I bring your clothes by."

Cyan stood, dazed, in the kitchen for about thirty seconds after Miss May left. His erection had abated a little, and he waddled into the bathroom, sitting on the toilet and using his hand to make sure he didn't miss.
    He really had to concentrate to get himself to pee, but was able to get some relief before his member stiffened up again. Cyan sat, playing with himself gently and watching his body's reactions in a warm pink haze for over an hour. After a while, he felt tension starting to build up.
    The front door burst open in the other room and two sets of footsteps hurried in.
    "Miss May, are you-" Pia asked breathlessly. The door closed and May shushed her.
    "Pia, next time I ask you to meet me at my shop, please just meet me at my shop." May's voice was agitated. "She might've seen you."
    "Who might see me?" asked Pia. Cyan continued playing with himself absently, keeping his breath quiet.
    "She's registered under A. Nucifera." There was a pause and May added, "That's the girl who just checked in. She asked for you using your full name. Do you know her?" Somehow, the name was familiar to Cyan. His brain wasn't working at the moment though: he had just enough warning to bite back a moan, and shot his load across the bathroom floor. He took long, deep breaths that echoed slightly despite his efforts to keep quiet.
    "-by your full name, Cassiopeia-" May's voice was cut off when the urge to pee hit Cyan, so he aimed straight down and fired. The flow was mercifully brief, but the splash echoed in the bathroom and made the two women stop talking outside.
    "Cyan?" called Pia. "There you are! How are you feeling?"
    Cyan gulped, "I'm um-...I'm fine. I'm almost done." He wasn't very flexible after who knew how long in a fluid tube, and ended up having to haphazardly get down on his hands and knees to wipe up his mess. The tile edges pushed painfully into his skin, but he was too busy eavesdropping to mind.
    "Take your time," Pia replied. "And holler if you need help."
    "Pia, this could be serious," hissed May. "She's not even wearing-"
    Cyan tried to stagger to his feet and fell sideways onto the floor. He landed heavily but managed to roll so that it didn't hurt too much.
    The bathroom door opened and Pia rushed in. Cyan crumpled the wad of toilet paper in his hand; the fluids he'd just cleaned up were thin and unpleasantly cool against his palm.
    "What's going on?" asked Cyan, staggering to his feet with Pia's help.
    "It's none of your-" May began to say in a soothing tone, but stopped. "No, it's probably got something to do with you too, Cyan."

Cyan fell asleep while May was talking and didn't catch much. Sometimes the voice in his head would explain words, but it faded with the rest of his consciousness when he dozed off.

"Just-..." May sighed. She and Pia had left the couch so Cyan could sleep and stood in the kitchen. "Be careful around her, and don't go anywhere alone with her."
    "You sound like you did when Saoirse first came here," said Pia. May pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'll be careful, Miss May. I promise."
    "I wasn't overreacting with Saoirse, I was just being cautious." May stopped to take a sip of her tea. "And Saoirse - nothing against her, she's lovely when you get to know her - is somewhat of a nobody. This girl is from a very powerful family.
    "The Nuciferas I grew up knowing were spoiled and snobby, only dealt with people as rich as them, and liked to flaunt their wealth and wings. This kid had the nerve to be surprised that I glided across the yard and wore a mourning dress."
    Pia nodded, feeling lost. Andyne culture was extremely uptight and dictated by rigid social protocols that didn't often make sense, at least to lowly mostly-humans like herself.

• 4 weeks later...

Chib Pt 6

5 years ago

Warm air danced on Avaris's skin. She looked up: she was in a glittering cave, sitting on a stone bench along a worn cobbled path. Water dripped sluggishly from stalactites, and a lake lay further inside, a pale blue light emanating from its depths.
    Avaris's bladder spasmed when she stood up. She was naked. Her tanned skin was beautifully clear, and she reached up and felt a full head of hair, bushy and streaked in shades of mint green. Avaris had been "blessed" with a large, mottled set of tan wings, which at least wouldn't weigh her down here, so she paid them no further mind. She started walking, and the dripping in the cave suddenly seemed louder. Warmth bloomed in her pussy and she froze. She looked down and could see that her vulva was quivering under her light green pubic hair.
    "Shit, I'm not wearing any-" Avaris stopped when she realized she was talking aloud. She flapped her wings tentatively and sighed. "Ugh, even in my dreams-" she'd meant to whine more, but the effort brought on another urge to pee and she had to stop again. If she wanted to make it she'd have to run.
    "Make it where though?" asked a far-off little voice in Avaris's mind.
    Avaris had had this dream before. Resistance was futile, but something about the desperate journey down to the water made this regular occurrence somewhat enjoyable before the need for damage control.
    "Where am I?" Avaris moaned to herself. All things considered, she was doing great. She passed a glittering granite spire that marked the halfway point of the journey. She'd never made it to the end before but thought she'd gotten within sight of it once: a stone shrine in the middle of the lake.
    Grasses sprouting from the sides of the path around her glowed faintly, bending toward her naked shins in the shadows. The luminous stalks moved and lazily brushed her skin instead of whipping, but she didn't have time to think about it. The last part of the path wound around the lake toward a building. Just two more turns and she'd be-
    Avaris took a step and for just a split second, her body remembered that there wasn't anything beneath her feet. She didn't want to stop and caught herself, and the cave slowly swayed back to normal around her. It had caused a brief leak, dripping down her leg and cooling the skin as she ran.
    "This is my dream," Avaris willed herself to run faster. There wasn't a flow yet, but after the first leak, it was only a matter of time. The last leg of the mad dash was a pleasant, flat-stoned path leading gently downhill around the lake.
    Another drip ran down Avaris's thigh, and she used her wings to try and push herself faster. What happened next was entirely unexpected: she flew. At any other time, this would've been the most wonderful experience she could imagine, but right now it was causing her to pee a little.
    For a long moment, Avaris found herself gliding over the glowing waters while small bright bats fluttered casually past, some of them diving at small glowing spots in the water. Her bare feet were nearing the stone jetty connected to the shrine platform, and it took all of her concentration to maintain control of her quivering urethra as her toe skimmed the calm water. The coolness felt nice on her skin, and she wanted more than anything to let go, but that would end the dream. She didn't dare try to flap her wings this low, so she pulled up her feet and cursed herself for being so heavy.
    Slap!
    Avaris's feet met smooth stone. She found that she was stable with her feet against the ground, but now it occurred to her that she didn't know how to stop. There was nothing within arm's reach for her to grab onto, and her feet skidded on the stone. The other side of the small platform was coming up fast, as was the expanse of glowing water behind it. Avaris tried to relax and let go; she conceded that she'd never thought she'd make it this far-
    There was a blue blur and a hand caught Avaris's forearm.
    "Hold on, I've got you," said a voice. To her shock, she was pulled to her feet. She turned to look at her rescuer and caught a brief glimpse of their face before the world faded into wakefulness.

Avaris was still falling when she woke up, just in time to land flat on her face, her sleeping bag cushioning her against the cold tiled floor. Her bed, a light mesh camping cot, landed on her back, flattening her wings. Her pussy was still clenched up, admitting a slow but persistent stream. It made her clitoris throb almost painfully, and she paused to enjoy it before using one hand and wing to right her cot. She thrust the other hand into her crotch and found that most of the dampness seemed to be isolated to her pants.
    "It's a miracle," Avaris yawned to herself and sat up. Her voice echoed; she'd set up her cot in the bathroom of her new "home" for exactly this kind of situation. It was also cooler than the rest of the craft, and had a beautiful stained glass skylight, glowing faintly violet in the early morning. Avaris kicked her sleeping bag out of the way and looked down at her clothes. Her shirt was completely dry, so she pulled it up over her breasts to keep it that way. She counted her scars - mostly lines and dots crisscrossing her torso, with a jagged stripe of scar tissue on her thigh. They gleamed like pale watercolor blotches in the wan light, and they were all there.
    "Definitely not a dream," Avaris yawned to herself. Her thick woolen socks came off with her pants, which she tossed up onto the cot. Her flow had stopped entirely, yet her bladder was still straining. Avaris glanced up at the front door - her new "home" had an odd layout, in which the bathroom doubled as the front room - and set about taking care of that.
    Avaris took a deep breath and massaged herself, tracing slow circles around her labia with her middle finger while tugging on her clit between her thumb and forefinger. Her recurring dreams had always made her more sensitive down there, but this morning it seemed to have an added, distinctly horny sense of urgency. Her clitoris poked up through her pubic hair. It had swollen to its full, nearly five-centimeter length; it hadn't always been that way, but neither had her hair. Both were side effects from the same "gene therapy study" that had covered her body in scars.
    Heavy drops of water plunked on the skylight in the ceiling, sporadic at first, but soon Avaris had a steady rhythm to rub herself to. She lay back, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. Her pelvic muscles tightened, and the rain didn't entirely drown out her grunts of effort.
    In the darkness of her mind, a memory from her fading dream buoyed itself slowly into her mind's eye. A pale blue face reminiscent of cave-dwelling creatures who never saw the sun-
    Avaris's hand sped up and she felt the first spasms in her pelvis.
    "Come on," she growled, trying to keep her voice from echoing. The tension was released with a series of explosive squirts that wrenched a cry of surprise out of her.
    Her orgasm seemed to drain as fast as it came on, and left her gasping and spread-eagle on the tile floor. Her pussy pulsated, and the floodgates opened. The wind howled outside, covering her long moan of relief.
    Avaris dozed off for several minutes and forced herself to sit up. She found that the back of her shirt was all wet, then found that she hadn't actually avoided peeing on her sleeping bag. A large amount of urine had soaked into it before she fell off the cot.
    Groaning, Avaris wandered into the cramped little wedge-shaped kitchen to start the kettle. She found a set of dry clothes in the box in the bedroom portion of her home and went back to her cot, pulling them on.

Avaris sat at a small folding table in the mostly-empty bedroom area with her tea. The bedroom window was on the opposite side of the craft from the front door, and she got up periodically to peek out. Eternal Autumn lived up to its namesake; a chilly petrichor permeated the night, making the air feel colder than it already was. Foggy halos ringed the steady orange lamps that illuminated the yard's grid of raised walkways.
    The dockyard had a small laundry room near the host's cabin-slash-expired-food-store, and Avaris found that it was open twenty-four hours. She hurried back to her craft and hauled her clothes out in her sleeping bag. Avaris didn't anticipate having to pee but wore her protective underwear anyway. She didn't like thinking of them as diapers: it was half past two in the morning and it would be some much-needed insulation against the chill, especially if she could stay dry.
    The laundry room had its own entrance, though it was attached to the shop. There was a little bell over the glass door, and it tinkled as Avaris pushed her way in with her laundry, soap, and some money for laundry tokens.
    One of the four washers was already in use, but otherwise, the place was empty. The scrubbed linoleum floor was either yellowed gray or faded beige, and the room was pleasantly warm and humid with just a hint of burnt dryer lint and wet socks.

The walk back to her little square in the docking yard was unexpectedly peaceful. Avaris brewed herself another pot of tea and decided to check her email when she got back. The connection was slow on her cheap little flip phone, so she rested her head on her hands and waited-
    "DON'T TOUCH ME!"
    Avaris jolted awake to her phone beatboxing an alarm and the stinging white glow of the screen. Her inbox had loaded and there was nothing new, so she silenced the timer and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She finished her lukewarm cup of tea before getting up and making her way back to the laundry. It was still cool outside, with a bracing mist settling around the raised walkways and the occasional immobile floating crafts tethered to them.
    This time, there was movement in the yellowed lights of the laundry room. Avaris almost hesitated and turned back, but she knew this would be a quick errand. Besides, she told herself firmly, it's just some random stranger doing their laundry. They probably didn't want to be bothered either.
    The figure stood out immediately, vibrant orange on a dingy off-white field. It was an amphibious woman, and her back was to the door as she loaded wet clothes into one of the dryers. She wore a t-shirt and a pair of shorts that showed off her long graceful limbs, and her dusty green hair was tied into its usual elaborate braid. Avaris willed the woman not to turn around while she switched out her laundry as fast as she could.
    Adding two extra tokens to top up the dryer, Avaris sprinted to the door. The bell tinkled as she retreated, taking the shortest possible route to her docking site.
    Avaris locked her front door and plopped down on her cot, letting her wings sag. She hadn't expected to see the woman in the laundry room, not out here on the coast of a sparsely-inhabited nowhere world. She didn't know which of the other air crafts belonged to the woman and looked around to make sure her curtains were closed before letting herself relax.
    Instead of setting a timer, Avaris decided she'd just watch her phone. She had some tea to keep herself awake, but it only prolonged her slow slide into sleep.

10 hours ago, orangelion said:

Is this entirely a flashback sequence to introduce a new character? Or does it switch to the present day. It says 5 years ago at the top, but I don't see it switching to another time period.

Yeah; it was written separately at first as a short story, and I wanted to introduce Avaris before her connections to the other characters.

Plot exposition chapter. Part of the reason I'm not posting this elsewhere is because it has a few chapters either without omo stuff or reduced omo stuff for plot reasons.

Chib Pt. 7

"So she doesn't want to talk to the pointy-eared lady because..." Cyan didn't recognize this voice. It sounded younger than everyone he'd met so far. He could smell something cooking and his stomach kicked him into full wakefulness.
    "Because of her dress," replied Azri's voice patiently. "Andyne society is all about arbitrary social rules. You saw her dress; tell me what you remember."
    "Ugh, Maaawm," sighed the younger voice.
    "It's not a small detail, Della," said Azri patiently.
    Cyan sat up, scratching his head. The beginnings of stubble on his scalp were starting to poke through, coarse and itchy. The shower was on in the bathroom, and the sound of water made Cyan need to pee.
    "Ow!" Cyan gasped when a hair poked his fingertip.
    "You okay over there?" asked Azri. She sat at the kitchen table with a cup of tea, across from a young teenager with mouse brown hair, matching cat ears, and pale stripes on their very pink skin that resembled tabby markings. They wore a pink shirt and almost-matching pink pants.
    For as much of a poke as it had been, it hadn't left a mark. "Yeah."
    "Della, this is Cyan," Azri said to the teen across from her. "Cyan, this is my oldest child, Della. It's their fifteenth birthday today."
    "Nice to meet you," said Della shyly.
    "Likewise," said Cyan, the word tumbling out. He simultaneously meant it and had no idea what the word meant. The bathroom would make a nice escape if it wasn't-
    "Pia says you can go in the bathroom," said Azri. "If you need to pee, I have some urine sample cups for you to fill up." Della covered their eyes and their ears scrunched up in embarrassment.

When Cyan walked into the bathroom, he was met with a familiar scene: a glowing cave, with a shrine nestled in its luminous depths. There was something odd about it, but Cyan's eyes could almost trace out a path-
    "Hello?" Pia looked out from the side of the image. "Oh hey, Cyan!"
    "The sample cups are on the sink," Azri called from the kitchen, and Cyan shut the door behind him. Small cups with measuring lines on the sides stood on the side of the sink, and seeing them somehow made him need to pee less.
    "You don't have to fill them right now if you don't want to," said Pia quietly. Her face had disappeared from the side of the cave scene, but the top of her head could be seen behind it.
    "What-" Cyan approached the scene and poked it. Suddenly his brain made sense of it: it was flat, folded in five wide panels. "What is this?"
    "Hm?" Pia stuck her head around the side, soap suds dripping onto the floor. "Oh, this is my shower screen. All the parts were mismatched, so Miss May and I painted it."
    As if on cue, there was a knock at the front door.
    "That'll be her," sighed Pia, turning off the shower. She stepped out from behind the screen a moment later in her bathrobe, twisting her hair into a towel on her head. "Are you okay, Cyan?"
    Cyan jumped, and realized he'd been staring at the painting. "Y-yeah."

Cyan sat down on the toilet and waited while listening to the voices outside. May's voice was hushed, and after a few seconds Azri said, "We'll wait for you outside. Don't be long, alright?"
    There wasn't much to make out of the short conversation between Pia and Miss May. By the time Cyan had finished in the bathroom, May had gone.

The next week was slow; Azri brought Della by on most of her visits, teaching them basic tasks like how to take a patient's blood pressure and vitals. On the second day, Azri implemented a simple exercise regimen for Cyan and started taking him for short morning walks around the yard with Della. Azri was less invasive with Della around, though Cyan also suspected that Pia and May had spoken to her as well.
    Azri kept close track of Cyan's health, and Miss May had a full set of clothing sewn for him by the week's end, most of it her old clothes with the backs sewn up.

Tuesday morning dawned with a thin, clinging mist. Azri was careful to wrap a scarf around Cyan's neck and pull a fluffy knitted cap onto his head. It took some surreptitious adjusting, but he got it to stop pulling on the vaguely orange beginnings of hair on his scalp before they left Pia's home.
    It was just after seven in the morning, and Pia was in the bathroom when they left. Della was with them, and led the way toward the entrance of the yard.
    "So Mom, do I get to meet Saoirse this time?" said Della. They blushed, and it accentuated the pale tabby stripes on their skin.
    "Maybe," said Azri. "I'll ask if we can have a picnic or something on Thursday."
    Cyan had no idea what they were talking about, so he looked around. The aircraft he'd seen flying in sat near Miss May's shop, and the door sat partway open. He stared at it, following Della's steps absentmindedly: he'd only seen crafts like that in-...he tried to focus on the memory and it dissipated.
    "Why not the day of? We could meet her in town," said Della.
    "I'll ask Pia, bubble," conceded Azri. "But remember that it takes three days to get here from Constantia. She's going to be tired out by the time she gets here."
    The walk took them to the town overlook. An interworld delivery airship hung in the air in the distance, and May was outside in her coveralls. She greeted Azri with a quick kiss, which prompted the words "how scandalous" to sleepily drift across Cyan's mind. He wasn't sure what to think of it, and the voice didn't elaborate. May asked Cyan how his clothes were fitting, but didn't have time to stay around further.

Pia was gone when Cyan arrived back at the air skiff.
    "So, Cyan," said Azri. "I'm going to be at a nurses' conference out at Chocolate Smudge until Monday. I'll be contacting Pia and Miss May regularly over the radio, but I want you to continue our walks if you can, and let Pia know if the color of your urine changes significantly."
    Behind Azri, Della facepalmed in embarrassment.
    "I will," said Cyan. Once Azri and Della had gone, he shut the door behind him and got himself a glass of water.

Chib Pt 8

Cyan took a sip of his water. Breakfast this morning was a bright yellow pureed soup. It smelled good, but the color was so bright that Cyan didn't trust it.
    "Like a dog with orange eyebrows," he whispered to himself.
    "Hmm?" Pia looked up from the sink, where she was rinsing the mug she'd used for her soup. She and Miss May would be flying into town again for errands that day, and they had to be out there at half past seven. While Pia set her mug on the drying rack and reached for her coat, the digital clock on the stove turned lazily to 07:00. Sitting at the table, Cyan wore a sweatshirt over one of Pia's long nightshirts and an oversized pair of athletic shorts with a patch sewn onto the hem of the thigh.
    Cyan tried to explain the orange eyebrows, and felt the thought slip away. "I...don't know."
    "Was it something you heard from Della?" asked Pia. "That sounds like something sh-...they would say."
    That triggered something in Cyan's memory, something Della had said. "I don't think so. Who's Saoirse?"
    Whatever Cyan was expecting, he didn't expect Pia to freeze up, blushing madly, and titter, "Oh she's uh...she's a really good friend. I umm...I talk to her a lot over the radio. At night. I talk to her at night."
    "You do?" asked Cyan. "I've never heard you talking to her on the radio. The buzzing it makes wakes me up every time."
    Pia's face reddened until it nearly matched the crimson of her irises. "So you heard her name-..." She seemed afraid to finish the sentence.
    "Della mentioned it," said Cyan. Pia looked like she was about to faint. "On our walk yesterday. They said they want to meet Saoirse."
    "Oh," said Pia. She sagged in relief and tried to disguise it by plopping down on the couch and pretending to fiddle with her shoes. She let her long, straight green hair hand down and hide her face. "Yes. She's visiting next week."
    "What day is she coming?" Cyan asked.
    Pia stood up quickly. "On Wednesday. Whoops, I need to get to work, see ya later!" She bolted before Cyan could ask any more questions.

Cyan liked the soup, which was a good thing because Azri had given Pia a large pot of it the day before. When he finished he washed his mug and spoon and set them next to Pia's on the drying board. There was nothing else to do, so he left for his walk just past eight.
    The cool air felt good on Cyan's face. His walks had gradually gotten longer until he could make it to the western lookout point at the dockyard's entrance without having to stop. Azri had pointedly avoided the direction in which the off-season guest was staying. The aircraft was nestled in a corner, facing the forest. Cyan strained to get a glimpse of it whenever it came into view, and liked staring at the geometric designs on the craft's skylights. It sat high off the ground on a pair of unusual hover nacelles, and its rounded hexagonal shape gave it an odd mollusk-like appearance.
    Without Azri to nudge him away, Cyan decided to let himself drift toward that area of the dockyard. The drifting didn't go as planned: he didn't know the maze of boardwalks as well as he thought he did. Cyan had brought plenty of water and was staying hydrated, but that was starting to present a problem. He counted at least four sets of stairs down to the ground, but he'd have to navigate winding paths to each. The boardwalk was higher than he cared to try dropping down from, so he picked his way toward the closest set of stairs.
    The nearest stairs were practically within arm's reach when he found that there was a gap he hadn't seen, and stood staring at the boardwalks. His bladder tightened as he traced the route to the stairs, and he absentmindedly took a drink of water. It didn't help anything.
    Cyan didn't remember making the decision, but he heaved himself onto his stomach and inched one leg off the boardwalk.
    "Are you okay over there?" echoed a voice while Cyan gracelessly overbalanced and fell off the walkway. He flopped limply onto his back, which hurt less than he'd expected but it had also jostled his bladder. Cyan had just enough time to sit up, yank aside his shorts, and hope for the best-
    A winged figure swooped down in front of Cyan: an Andyne woman in a ruffled green dress that settled around her like snow as she landed. She had tanned skin and high cheekbones, and her streaky mint-green hair was bound in a high ponytail, emphasizing her pointed ears.
    "Are you-" she looked down,  her coral-pink eyes widening. She covered her eyes, blushing as brightly as Pia had earlier. There was a long moment of awkward silence. It gave Cyan a quick break to catch his breath. "Are you okay?" she forced out.
    "I think so," said Cyan. He was still leaking, but for some reason, he couldn't let go. He pulled back his shorts and spread his legs wider.
    "Are you gonna uhm..." the andyne woman hesitated. "Can you cover yourself?"
    Cyan took a breath to say something, but instead the words "Are you going to look if I do?" slipped out.
    The woman shrugged and gave a self-effacing laugh. "Only if you want me to." There was a short, frantic pause and she added: "Please forget I said that. I'm so sorry. Why didn't you just use the stairs?"
    Cyan felt a stab of annoyance. "They're not connected." He was trying to let go, but couldn't. "I meant to go under the walkway like Pia does when she has an emergency."
    Another pause welled up, and Cyan's bladder finally released. His usual bright blue piss whizzed loudly into the dirt, and he couldn't help giving a big sigh. He tried to disguise it as a yawn and hoped the woman wouldn't notice.
    "Pia? Is that short for Cassiopeia?" said the woman.
    "Uhm-"
    The woman gasped, "Do you call her Pia because-..." Yet another pause. She fidgeted, pressing her legs together beneath her skirt. "Do you mind if I pee too? I can use my wing as a screen."
    "Sure," said Cyan. The woman was careful to shield her eyes while she hunkered next to him, carefully positioning her wing between them and spreading her feathers. Her dress rustled and she loosed what sounded like a small waterfall with a long, relieved sigh. Meanwhile Cyan was still going strong, and his urine left a subtle blue tint to the dry dirt as it soaked in.
    "So...do you call her Pia because of her uh..." asked the woman, peering just slightly over her wing. "Condition?"
    "Condition?" repeated Cyan. Next to him, the woman grunted and let out one last big spray. She leaned back, legs open, and dripped dry. Her wing had relaxed a bit and he could see her face.
    "She goes pee a lot," said the woman, as though that explained everything.
    "Everybody goes pee a lot," Cyan pointed out. "Especially if they have Azri telling them to stay hydrated."
    The woman lowered her wing further and gave him a long, stern look. "Who are you?"
    Cyan opened his mouth to speak, and words fell out again: "Excuse me, but you're watching me pee. Who are you?"
    "I can only see enough to tell that you haven't taken off your pants," The woman snorted, "But touche. I'm Avaris Nucifera. I'd touch palms* with you but we're both little busy."
    "I'm Cyan," said Cyan. He glanced downward; he was almost finished and had kept his shorts dry...except his butt was wet. He looked over his shoulder and saw his water bottle on the ground. The lid had fallen off, and the water had soaked into his shorts. It was close enough to Avaris for her to pick up, and she did, brushing off the dirt. Cyan's name was on the side, inked in Pia's neat handwriting.
    "Ah, so this is yours," said Avaris. She stood up, keeping one wing out between them and dropping her skirt. She'd left a sizable wet spot in the dirt. "Sorry about that. Landing reflex**."
    Cyan finished, hastily shook off, and pulled the leg of his shorts back into place. A hand lowered into view in front of him. Without thinking he took it, and Avaris yanked him to his feet so fast that he stumbled. Avaris steadied him; she was about a head shorter than he was, and looking down into her face gave him an uncanny sense of familiarity. It made him pull away, masking his unease by surveying his shorts. The water bottle had been just over half full and had mainly soaked along one thigh, and it wasn't as bad as he'd thought.
    "How are you feeling? All your bones still in place?" asked Avaris.
    "I feel good," said Cyan. There wasn't any lingering tenderness, and he hadn't pulled anything.
    "I'll bet you do after that," Avaris replied, gesturing at the blue-tinted puddle Cyan had made. Cyan found himself wishing that his hair was as long as Pia's so he could hide his face. "Phew. Why is it blue, by the way?"

*Touching palms is a common greeting between worlds, where both participants perform essentially a slow-motion high-five. Andynes notoriously add customs, only use a specific hand for certain interactions, and privately ridicule the ways other Andynes touch palms.
**The landing reflex is a strong urge to urinate that comes on quickly after an andyne lands. Andynes have very strong, very large bladders otherwise, and can typically go for 1-2 days without urinating if they don't drink much.

Edited by Lucaptera (see edit history)
11 hours ago, Lucaptera said:

Yeah; it was written separately at first as a short story, and I wanted to introduce Avaris before her connections to the other characters.

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

I'm still enjoying the chapters by the way. It is just difficult sometimes to think of comments that mean much more than "I liked it", so I'm just upvoting instead

2 hours ago, orangelion said:

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

I'm still enjoying the chapters by the way. It is just difficult sometimes to think of comments that mean much more than "I liked it", so I'm just upvoting instead

I appreciate it! ❤️ And I'm glad you like it - it makes me want to work on the plot a bit more - I'm sure of some things, but I'm not quite sure where it's going. Thank you so much for reading! ❤️

Another chapter with more annotations for some reason.

Chib Part 9:

Avaris walked Cyan back to Pia's airship, ducking under the walkways until they reached the stairs. Against his better judgment, Cyan didn't ask Avaris to stay outside...but when he walked in she didn't follow.
    "Do you want to come in?" he asked. Part of Cyan's brain was screaming at him not to trust her, but the other part - the one that drifted, unbidden and fleeting like a shadow - overrode it. It was just past nine in the morning and already starting to get hot, and they were both starting to sweat.
    "I can't be indoors for long, but I'd appreciate a glass of water," said Avaris. She entered the craft hesitantly, almost as though her weight might tip over the hovercraft.
    Cyan washed his water bottle and poured them both some water while Avaris sat down heavily at the kitchen table, panting as though she'd just run a marathon. Cyan set down the water and sat across from her.
    "Are you alright, Avi?" He was a bit surprised at his use of the nickname, but Avaris didn't seem to notice. She thanked him for the water and drank the entire glass in two gulps.
    "Yeah. I don't usually use my wings, and that tired me out. Can I pour myself some more water?"
    Avaris downed three more glasses of water at the sink. She washed her glass, thanked Cyan, and started for the door.
    "Thank you so much for your hospitality, Cyan," said Avaris. "I need to get back home and have a lie-down."
    Cyan had about a thousand questions chasing each other around his brain, and got the opportunity to ask exactly none of them before Avaris left.

Pia secured everything in the wagon they used to carry the groceries back. The little enclosed craft was pleasantly cool in the midday heat, and Pia and May had nothing to do but wait until Segoe's lone mountain came into sight. The errands that May had intended to take all day at Cloudwater Cove had only taken them until two in the afternoon, even with a long lunch.
    May leaned back in her chair at the control panel and turned to Pia, sitting in the passenger seat with a set of radio headphones slung around her neck.
    "That Nucifera twerp is still asking about you," said May, staring out the window at the grassy sun-baked plains below.
    "From what you've told me she doesn't sound too bad. I'm sure if I spoke to her she'd be reasonable," Pia replied evenly.
    May shook her head, her hawklike amber eyes darting to the window to the outside as though the woman might be standing there. She wasn't, and they were still an hour away from the dockyard.
    "Something is off about her," May persisted. "She knows you came from Grace Harbor, and she knows about your condition. I think she has it too."

Last Thursday

The spicy-sweet aroma of leather conditioner, burned toaster pastries, and axle grease greeted May when she entered the old shop. It didn't quite cover the smell of ancient nicotine, but it was a welcome distraction from the Nucifera girl.
    "Are you sure we can get that specific gauge here?" asked Avaris, fretting as she came through the door. She seemed nervous, hopping from one foot to another in her ridiculous floaty red dress. Her hair had been plaited into two long, streaky green braids, and she wore shoes better suited to a few hours of ballet than a day out visiting the scrapyard.
    May wore a smartly-ironed set of overalls, and her hair dusky blue hair had been pulled up into a traditional no-nonsense (if painfully tight) Andyne topknot. "Of course. Lady Jenkins keeps a fair stock of rare parts, and if she doesn't have it, she can make it."
    A Grisderm* woman of indefinite age seemed to pop up from nowhere. She wore a light magenta robe that went down to her spindly knees and a pair of heavy boots underneath.
    "Lady Jenkins? That has a nice ring to it," snorted the much-hyped Lady Jenkins. "Just Lady is fine though. Two gorgeous winged ladies grace my shop and think they need to butter me up. Your custom order's all finished, Miss Eneko, and you are...?" Lady gave Avaris a pointed look that made her squirm.
    "I'm Avaris," she said, smiling politely, and touched palms with Lady. Grisderms had four digits per hand instead of the more human five, and May watched for a reaction of disgust from her temporary shopping companion. There wasn't one.
    "So, Avaris, what brings you to The Tinkering Scallop? Miss Eneko here," Lady indicated Miss May. "She has a nose for rare airship parts, so usually I'm the one buying from her."
    A long conversation about hover manifolds, water piping, flux capacitors, fuses, and interior decorating ensued. The discourse was concluded when Avaris ran to the restroom for the third time that trip. Her thunderous urination echoed off the slick tiled walls of the bathroom while May waited for Lady to retrieve her custom order.
    On the way back to their aircraft, Avaris bought a large bottle of fruit tea and finished it just in time to refill the cup with ice water for the journey back. They'd planned to stop at Cloudwater Cove for lunch, a two-hour trip south of Shell Bay.
    Avaris had brought several textbooks with her to read on the journey, and sat with her legs tightly crossed in the passenger's chair. It was a cool, cloudy Saturday afternoon, and when May radioed the Cloudwater Cove dockyard she found that it was closed for off-season renovations. Avaris didn't take the news well.
    "You can pee off the back," said May. "I'd hurry though if I were you. The rain is about to-" A rumble of thunder stopped her and made both of them jump. May knew they were safe inside the transport craft, but still did a quick double-check of the controls.
    "You alright, kid?" May's heart was still racing a little, pounding in her ears. As it let up, she thought she could hear a quiet whizzing noise just over the sound of the rain beginning to lash the windows.
    "I'm-" Avaris gulped, blushing. Her posture was oddly stiff, and she was leaning back just a little. "I'm okay."
    May sat down in her seat at the controls and heard the whizzing noise again. It seemed to be coming from the passenger's seat, next to the radio where Avaris sat, and went on for what felt like a long time. May scanned the wall for leaks.
    Avaris sat, reading her book with a cute, catlike smile.
    "Do you hear that, Avaris?" asked May.
    The sound stopped. "Hear what?" Avaris looked up casually from her book. Too casually, May thought, but didn't know what to make of it.
    "Let me know if you see any leaks around the radio," May said, checking the compass. The whizzing noise started again, and May focused on it as her fingers manipulated a useless square of dials next to the controls. How long had it been going on, she wondered. Just how much water had gotten into the cabin already?
    Wwwwsshhhhhwwsshhh-
    May listened hard for any dripping and heard a small fart. Avaris's voice gave a big, relieved sigh, and suddenly May needed to pee.

Pia stood up and checked her seat. It was dry. "So you're saying she peed on this seat?"
    "Right there," May confirmed. "I never found any spots or drips. But when I dropped her off at her aircraft, I noticed she was wearing something puffy under her skirt. It must've absorbed all the uh...secondhand fruit tea and ice water."

*Grisderm: A race of humanoids that look like the group of aliens called "the grays." They have tough elephant-like skin and either very pale or very dark eyes. The men carry the young to term in a brood pouch, and both genders typically wear long robes. Grisderms are very protective of their culture, so not much is known about them outside their homeworld.
**Summer is the slow season in Segoe(southwestern region); the eastern hub is easier for shipping lanes to go through. The western hub is easier in the winter, making it Segoe's busy season.

• 2 months later...

It's back. Posting is faster than writing, and I'm also doing an edit of existing chapters.

Chib Part 10

"All we know for sure is that the worlds of the multiverse exist, and so does the medium that connects them. Sometimes, pieces of that medium get cut off and gain a sense of self. No one is exactly sure how, why, where, or when it happens, but they tend to appear as shadowy forms with skulls for heads. Known as "Skull People" collectively, they have no power to create or destroy, but can move freely between interconnected worlds. Skull People can use that ability to move items, people, and concepts to new places, and influence worlds, ecosystems, and societies.
    It was a skull person named Hyachna who showed the Andynes how to travel between worlds, earlier than all of the other peoples. Andyne hovercraft technology was perfect for adapting to interworld travel, and it was our homeworld that laid the first foundations for interworld trade."
-An Andyne Children's History of the Andyne Homeworld

Cyan jolted awake at a desk, in a classroom. It was dark, and an overhead projector whirred away in the back of the class, throwing an image onto the projector screen. There were posters on the wall that he could almost read, but the letters diffused themselves into nonsensical shapes when he focused on them. About a dozen more desks populated the classroom, all empty. His desk was along the middle aisle, in the middle row, and the projection illuminated the teacher's desk, also empty.
    The desk's armrest dug into Cyan's side and he sat up. A paper sat in front of him, showing a wingless girl wearing an oversized bird skull, underlined with the neatly-printed words: "INTO THE FIRE."
    Much to his annoyance, Cyan found that he was naked when he tried to slide out of the cramped school desk. His skin stuck unpleasantly to the slick surfaces, and when he'd finally freed himself, he found that he was blocking out the middle of the projection. Instead of a blank screen behind it, his shadow seemed to be burning a hole in the board. On the other side was a darkened grove of strangely monochromatic trees with small lights flickering in their leafy branches.
    "AVARIS. THE NAME 'FIRE FLOWER' IS A MISNOMER," a deep, tinny voice exploded from a speaker on the teacher's desk. "THE LIGHT STEMS FROM A BIOLUMINESCENT REACTION. BY DAY THEY RESEMBLE CLUSTERS OF PLAIN WHITE OR YELLOW BUDS, BUT BY NIGHT-" the recording cut off in an ear-shattering burst of static. Cyan took that as his cue and retreated through the hole in the wall.
    Color bled into the world as the static faded out, and a glance over his shoulder confirmed that the classroom was gone, replaced with more of the gently twinkling woodland. One of the closer clumps of leaves caught his eye, and he looked closer. The flowers grew in clusters, with a glowing center in the middle of five tiny petal-shaped prismatic flames. Cyan reached out to touch it.

"-already doing that, Azri," sighed Pia's voice. Cyan didn't need to open his eyes to know that Pia was on the radio. His bladder was full again, and he sat up, yawning.
    "I'll call you same time tomorrow," Azri's voice rasped with the radio static.
    Cyan skittered to the bathroom and sat down to pee. He'd had another stubborn erection on and off for the last few days, but didn't mind waiting to do something about it: he could already feel himself trying to fall asleep again. He leaned forward, resting his face in his hands, with his elbows on his knees. In the other room, the radio shrieked as Pia hung up the receiver. Cyan stared at the glowing cave painted on the shower screen for a few seconds and closed his eyes. The world tipped into warm darkness.

He sat on a stone bench along a worn footpath. A cursory glance to his right revealed the familiar shapes of the stalactites, and the shimmering mist further in.
    "I'm in the cave," he yawned aloud to himself, and lazily turned to look left. To his shock, someone was sitting next to him. It was Avaris, and she was naked, with pale scars dotting and crisscrossing her body. Her melon-pink eyes widened and they stared at each other for a long moment, until Avaris abruptly gasped, opened her legs on the bench, and urinated, raising her hips a bit to steer the flow. She stumbled and had to grip Cyan's shoulder to keep her balance.
    Cyan wanted to examine the scars on Avaris's body, but a more urgent part of his brain pulled his gaze downward, to her gushing quim. It took an unexpected amount of effort to look back up at her face, and he blushed when he found her staring intently back at him.
    "Are you-" She breathed. "You're Cyan, aren't you?"
    Cyan blinked. "I think so."

Cyan jolted awake to a knock on the bathroom door.
    "Cyan? Are you almost done in there?" Pia's voice echoed.
    "Um-" Cyan looked down and found that he was now fully hard. He watched himself throb and noticed that his heart was racing. "I'm not sure."
    "Everything okay?" asked Pia.
    "Oh yeah-" Cyan paused, blushing. He didn't know how he was going to explain-
    "I'll give you some privacy then," said Pia. "I'm just in time to water the tomatoes, too." Her footsteps retreated as she hurried out. Pia would occasionally go out and "water the tomatoes" when Cyan was in the bathroom. The thought of Pia peeing on her tomato plants only made the throbbing more intense. He blushed again and tried not to think about it.
    Cyan's bladder was well past the bursting point. He strained to let some out, but the clear fluid bubbling from the tip of his urethra wasn't pee.
    There was nothing for it. Bracing his feet on the floor, Cyan gripped his cock in both hands and went to work. Before he could stop it his mind provided the image of Avaris sitting next to him on the stone bench-
    The tension rose in the pit of Cyan's stomach.
    "Keep going until it stops coming out," Azri had instructed him during a particularly awkward visit the previous week. "And make sure you get a sample so we can test it." Usually, the memory deflated his desire, but Cyan had been ignoring it for days. He had just enough time to aim it so that he didn't spatter the floor again.
    Cyan came in half a dozen shuddering bursts. There had been a lot more than usual, and somehow he'd kept it contained to the toilet bowl. He slumped forward, panting.

When Pia entered her air skiff, Cyan was having a long, loud piss in the bathroom. He fell asleep right after he emerged, slept through lunch, and stayed almost stubbornly asleep when the radio fizzed to life about an hour later. It was Saoirse, and she and Pia had one of their brief, coded conversations.

___

Chib Pt 11

Azri dropped onto her hotel bed after a long day. Her lodgings in Chocolate Smudge were a little sparse, but the bed was clean, the blankets were soft, and the shower had a compact little waist-height walk-in bathtub. She was just considering making herself a soothing bubble bath when someone knocked on the door.
    A bright-eyed young Haman woman in a hotel uniform and cap stood in the hallway, holding a stack of envelopes addressed to conference attendees, two of which she held out to Azri.
    "Special delivery, Ms...The...um...Destructor?" said the young woman.
    "Azri The Destructor, that's me," said Azri. "Thank y-" the young woman had bowed and skittered off around the corner. "Thank you!" she called. There was a far-off reply, and Azri shut her door.
    Azri slipped her finger under the seal on the first envelope and pulled out the various papers onto the small desk next to her bed. There was a "fun" sports-themed activity day planned for her and her fellow conference attendees, and the front page advised her to bring a set of clothes that she wouldn't mind playing "foot the ball" in.
    "I think I'll have a bubble bath day instead," Azri yawned. She set aside the papers and surveyed the next envelope. The letters "CSM" were monogrammed at the top right corner, and the fancy card paper used for the envelope was thicker than its contents. It had a string closure that had just been looped twice instead of tied, and the top was partially torn along the top fold. Azri opened it and pulled out a sheet of paper with the test results from the samples she'd brought. Something fell out when she turned it over, wafting lazily to the ground at Azri's feet. It was a note.

Chocolate Smudge had a reliable telephone system, and every room in the hotel had its own line. Azri contemplated using it to call the Chocolate Smudge Medical complex and glanced over at the digital clock by her bed. It was half past five on a Friday afternoon, and their business hours had ended half an hour ago.
    Azri kept her evening radio call to Pia brief and to the point: the radio was the only way to communicate in the less permanently-settled parts of their world, Waypoint R/H-4, and there wasn't any way to prevent their conversations from getting intercepted. May normally kept radio contact to a minimum when either of them had to go out of town, but with Cyan in the mix, they'd decided to minimize contact. Even calling Pia was still pushing it, and Azri was Pia's physician.

Earlier that day, Cyan started his first walk around nine in the morning. He'd found a series of geological documentaries on Pia's television and had started walking the trails in the trees around the dockyard to observe the various rocky outcrops on the plateau. He hadn't seen Avaris since their meeting on Tuesday, but he always gave her squat little aircraft a glance when he passed it. That strange thought recurred every time he saw it, but he kept forgetting it as soon as it left his mind. He'd tried repeating it, bringing Pia's notepad with him to write it down (he'd forgotten the pencil that time), and the previous day he'd attempted to say it out loud. He'd got as far as "I've only-" before the thought flowed out of his mind like water.
    That wasn't the only reason Cyan had started his morning and evening walks since Wednesday by passing Avaris's aircraft. Today was different though: it wasn't there. The boardwalks that had bordered it on three sides were empty and the power and water hookups still had their adapters attached. Cyan's mind flashed back to a diagram, and he wondered where he'd seen it.
    Cyan made himself lunch around one in the afternoon. He had cold sandwiches, made with an Azri-approved version of "chicken salad," whatever that was, from a container in the refrigerator. As he sat down at the table with his food, a shadow passed within view of the window.

Avaris rushed down the stairs to the water and power hookups as soon as she'd set the Limpet, her aircraft, to hover. All of her deadlines for the day had been met, all of her weekly shopping was done, her aircraft's various tanks had been emptied and cleaned, and once they were all connected she'd finally be able to use her toilet again.
    She pressed her legs together under her dress while she unscrewed and reattached the corresponding parts, the need to pee making her hands shaky and clumsy. She was wearing some leak protection, but it had only been insurance when she was sure she wouldn't wet herself: she'd forgotten that the dockyard at Cloudwater Cove was closed again, and hadn't been able to make a pit stop there on the flight back.
    Avaris's bladder spasmed painfully as she screwed in the last attachments.
    "Just-" Avaris groaned under her breath. "Just another thirty seconds." A hot drip escaped, warming her pussy, and she stepped back to look over her work. She saw that it was good, but there was a problem. The way up to her door suddenly looked a lot longer than it had a few seconds ago. Her groin felt hot, and she couldn't stop her body from shaking.
    Avaris's urethra quivered, and she knew she wouldn't even make it to the stairs. Her heart raced and she tried to remember who might be around to see her. Mayra and Pia would be out at least until five, and the only remaining person she knew of was Cyan. She remembered that he'd said Pia went under the boardwalk in emergencies. It was a nice thought, but it was too late now. Avaris drew up her skirt, did an awkward half-curtsy, and pulled aside her underwear.
    The breeze felt nice on Avaris's thighs. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, re-checking her work while she sprayed the ground. Avaris had deftly managed to avoid wetting her dress, but some urine had splashed her legs and feet, soaking into one sock. The rest soaked eagerly into the parched ground, leaving a deceptively small damp patch.
    "Darn it," Avaris snorted, though without conviction. The day was already hot and arid, and even before this, she'd been planning a leisurely shower and a long nap. She'd just toss her shoes and socks in with the wash.
    Avaris's flow took a long time to trail off. The pressure of it had caused a noticeable divot in the formerly dry, silty dirt. As she finished, she squatted to let herself air dry and heaved a deep sigh of relief.

I'm up to Part 25, so might as well post more chapters.

Chib Part 12

5 Years Ago, Continued

Avaris jolted awake at her table. The clock on her phone said it was half past nine in the morning, but it was still dark outside. She went around to look out all of the windows and found that except for hers, all of the aircraft had gone from the yard. It took a long moment of intense squinting, but there was no mistaking it: the dockyard host's spot was empty too.
    The walk to the laundry room was quick, and before she knew it Avaris found herself at the laundry room door. Her bladder spasmed; it was getting full from all the tea she'd had, but it was okay because she was still wearing-
    Avaris opened the door into a hot, misty grove.
    "Oh no," she tried to say, but her lips didn't move.
    "Have you got your sleeping bag?" her own voice whispered. Avaris watched a younger, skinnier, and short-haired version of herself duck into the clearing through low-hanging branches, followed by the orange-skinned amphibious woman from the laundry room. Something in the air changed, and the woman's inky violet eyes found her.
    "That and more," said the woman without missing a beat. "You staying hydrated?"
    "I'm drinking what I need," Avaris heard herself scoff. There were a lot of things she wanted to say, but she couldn't. The memory was replaying like a recording; at the time they'd both been seventeen, but the woman had retained her age from the laundry room. Though there weren't any mirrors to confirm it, Avaris's streaked curly green hair rolled lazily over her shoulders, which meant she'd retained her current age too.
    "If you drink a whole bottle of water," said the woman, her face regaining the rounder shape of her younger self from certain angles as Avaris's memory filled in the gaps. "I'll make out with you, Lady Nucifera."
    A pleasant hot blush radiated down Avaris's face. Her sleek brown wings shifted, and a throb in her groin reminded her that she was currently much closer to wetting herself than she'd been that day at summer camp.
    Avaris had drunk the entire bottle of water with a bravado that made her cringe to remember it, and was already creeping through the forest, holding her wings tightly at her sides. Aalis - the woman's name was Aalis - took a few loud drinks of her water behind her, and Avaris's brain reminded her that this was a good place to pee.
    The scenery changed again without warning. She stood at the door of an old but well-maintained cabin. Aalis had shrugged off her pack and was pressing her legs together, watching Avaris try each key on an ancient key ring.
    "Just go right here," said Avaris. She tried a key that didn't quite fit and jiggled it anyway. "Nobody can see, and I don't think there's a bathroom in here anyway-"
    "What?" gasped Aalis. She wore a sports bra and shorts set that emphasized her long limbs and thin stomach. She was so skinny that Avaris could tell when her bladder was full, and it had already been bulging when they left. Avaris ignored another warm throb beneath her knee-length skirt.
    The key fit in the lock, and Avaris heard the lock thunk open with a thrill of satisfaction.
    "Avi," gulped Aalis, blushing a brilliant teal. She stood at the bottom of the stairs to the cabin, fumbling with her shorts. A small wet spot stood out in her crotch. "Could you-"
    Avaris stepped down the stairs, spread out her wings, and folded them around Aalis before realizing that she was directly facing Aalis, practically watching her. She tried to turn around, only for Aalis to grab her hand.
    "You don't have to."
    Not really knowing what that meant, Avaris stepped closer to Aalis. She could see every strange, pale freckle on Aalis's face, glowing against the color in her cheeks.
    "You're in the splash zone," said Aalis quietly. "You might want to move, or at least move your skirt." Avaris looked down at herself. She wore her blue school sweater and a long, heavy school skirt. They'd fit her well before she'd lost weight for her flying trials, but they were loose and baggy on her now. She wore a belt to keep her skirt up, and it pushed into her bladder.
    "I should probably go too," Avaris intoned along with her younger self. She gathered the thick fabric of her skirt, careful not to show the bandages on her left thigh, and spread her feet apart. The cool air felt good on her legs. Now in position, Avaris took a deep breath and looked up to find Aalis's face almost touching hers.
    "Are you not wearing any underwear?" asked Aalis as the first few drips escaped her.
    "Only outdoors," Avaris said slowly, acutely aware that she was watching Aalis pee. Her eyes snapped back up to Aalis's.
    "You can watch if you like," said Aalis in a voice that made Avaris's heart skip. Aalis stretched her shorts open wider, revealing her vulva. A fine layer of green pubic hair covered her up to her lower belly, and her inner labia stuck out in beautiful curtain-like folds that channeled her pale gold urine into a messy stream. Some of it splashed Avaris's legs and ankles, and it helped her let go too. Avaris opened her floodgates, pissing at a high volume for what felt like several minutes.
    "How long have you been holding that?" asked Aalis while Avaris slowed to a quick drip. The relief was real, and Avaris tried to resign herself to what she was about to wake up to.
    "Since we got on the bus this morning," sighed Avaris.
    They had gone into the cabin after that and set up their bunks, where they would be hiding out together for the next few days.

Avaris opened her eyes. She was still at her folding table, her phone was dead, and she was still whizzing away copiously into her "protective underwear." It felt good, and she let herself wake up slowly, listening to the quiet whooshing noise and enjoying the spreading warmth on her bottom. Aalis - if it had even been her - was gone when Avaris ventured back out to grab her clothing and sleeping bag about an hour later.

Chib 13

Azri spent Saturday watching movies from a warm bubble bath in her hotel room. Her work laptop sat on the bathroom counter, close enough to her room's little walk-in bathtub that she could use her old wired headphones to listen. The laptop speakers echoed off the tiled walls without them, and she didn't want anyone in the hallway to think she was in.
    Around six in the evening, Azri couldn't put it off anymore and left her room for some food. Each floor of the hotel had a vending room with a hot drink and instant noodle bar, a vending machine full of snack foods, a refrigerated machine with sandwiches and fresh produce, and another full of frozen food, with colored dots on top corresponding to color-coded settings on the microwave.
    Azri loaded herself up with everything that looked good and skittered back to her room with her hot and cold foods stacked precariously in her hands. She had to hurry: the note in the medical envelope had told her she'd receive a call at exactly six-thirty.
    "We'll see about that," Azri said to herself, closing the door to her hotel room using her butt. The digital clock next to her bed read 18:27.
    The first ring came exactly as Azri's clock hit six-thirty. Azri picked it up, munching on a snack cake.
    "Good evening," said a familiar voice on the other end. Azri frowned.
    "Hi," said Azri cautiously. "You're calling about my lab results?"
    The voice seemed flustered. "No...I'm calling about Mayra Eneko, the owner of the Black Iris dockyard."
    "Oh is that what the dockyard is called?" said Azri. "I didn't even know it had a name."
    "It was called the Overlook Orchard until Lady Mayra Eneko bought and converted it..." the voice paused dramatically. "Forty years ago. Before that, it was the Bluebell Dockyard."
    Azri sighed, staring longingly at a bowl of lemongrass glass noodles. "So you're saying this isn't about my lab results?"
    The voice on the other end plodded on. "The real Lady Mayra Eneko sold the dockyard and moved out to Shell Bay-"
    "Listen, if you're about to tell me that my girlfriend isn't who I think she is, you can save your breath," said Azri coldly. She folded out her disposable fork and stabbed at her lemongrass noodles. "She's trans, not evil, and she's not even the only person I know who's taken on a new name. People do it all the time on waypoint worlds like this." The voice on the other end hesitated for a few seconds.
    "She used to be involved with the project that experimented on your patient, C. Williams. Miss Eneko's name back then was-"
    "Why are you calling me about it now?" interrupted Azri. "Do you want something from me?"
    "I'm just warning you to be careful," said the voice. "Segoe's phone system isn't secure, so I had to wait until you were out of town."
    Azri took a long moment to passive-aggressively slurp her noodles before responding, "Is this line secure?"
    "Yes," said the voice. "And just in case, I paid for an extra calling card to encrypt this call for two minutes."
    Azri waited for the voice to add something, but there was only silence. "Calling card. Alright. Why did you open my envelope if you didn't want the test results?"
    "I didn't look," replied the voice. "I just opened it to slide in the note and it ripped on me. Sorry about tha-"
    The line clicked abruptly, leaving Azri alone with her food. The clock's display read 18:32.

Cyan took his Saturday evening walk around seven in the evening. There was a rounded rock formation in the orchard by Miss May's airship that he wanted to look at, so he grabbed Pia's notepad and a pencil on the way out.
    The weather was hot and humid, and it made Cyan sweat in his clothes. May and Pia were in town that evening, taking Azri's children to sports practice and helping with school projects. Cyan had wanted to go with them, but neither May nor Pia would let him.
    Cyan took a full water bottle and a floppy bucket hat to keep the sun from burning his scalp. He noted that Avaris's aircraft was gone again before hiking determinedly in the opposite direction, toward the old orchard attached to the dockyard
    The path Cyan chose took him past the dockyard's main entrance. A spindly metal staircase snaked down the sheer side of the plateau, reinforced with extra anchors and emergency hover plates. He had a sprawling view of the valley below; the town of Segoe sat clustered on the edges of the lake that filled the bottom of the valley. The lone mountain loomed in the east, and the forests beyond blurred together into the distance. The sheer scale of it made his stomach drop, reminding him that his bladder was almost full.
    As Cyan made his way down the stairs from the boardwalks, a shadow against the sky made him look up. Avaris's rounded, hexagonal aircraft lowered into view, turning so that the nacelles on the bottom were visible against the sky.
    "I've only seen that in books," he said faintly. For a split second, he had a different name. A different life. He had a husband and two children, and a certification in genetic engineering from-
    Cyan blinked. He was himself again, watching Avaris's aircraft descend back to her site.
    The rock formation that he wanted to look at jutted out of the southern end of the orchard, and he made notes about it in Pia's notebook in his slow, square hand. He sketched the formation's distinctive red and black stripes on the next page, trying to take his time like Pia had taught him, but every time he stood still for too long he got all hot and clammy. He could climb partway up the rock to feel the breeze, but without the trees, he had to stand in the baking evening sunlight. He decided it was time to go back when he ran out of water, and emerged from the tree line near the northwestern corner of the dockyard.
    Cyan tried to navigate the boardwalks to get back to Pia's airship and meandered his way across the yard for several minutes. Pia's airship was in sight, but he was getting lightheaded and didn't trust himself to drop off the walkway.
    "Cyan?"
    Cyan jumped: Avaris was standing next to him. She wore another floaty green dress that almost matched her hair, embroidered with pink and yellow flowers. Cyan realized somewhat dimly that he was only about ten yards away from Avaris's aircraft.
    "Are you alright?" asked Avaris. Cyan felt himself blush, but his face was already flushed. "Cyan?"
    The next minute was a blur: Cyan swayed on his feet and Avaris caught him, using one of her wings to help steady him. She steered him up and inside and sat him down at a little folding table next to her front door. Strangely, the front room that Avaris ushered him into was tiled from floor to ceiling, had several showerheads and faucets at various points along the wall, and a dark gray folding screen, secured next to a toilet.
    "Is this a..." Cyan's head was swimming. He paused to pull himself together. Avaris set a glass of water in front of him, and he drank it all without thinking.

Just one chapter this time. I might start padding it out with some character art.

Chib Pt 14

"Yeah, that's one of the original Limpet features," said Avaris, sitting down. "I've been told it's an insult to Andynes but it-" she stopped short and took up a long moment just slurping her water, shuffling her wings bemusedly. "Being a Limpet owner isn't so bad, especially when you can find the parts for it."
    Cyan felt a wave of nausea and took another sip of water. Avaris's air conditioner was efficient, but it just made the sweat on his skin feel cold and slick. A showerhead stuck out of the wall behind him, with a mesh camping cot against the wall underneath, upon which sat a pillow and rolled-up sleeping bag. Maybe if he moved the cot-

Cyan sat up in what he immediately recognized as a camp cabin, in the middle of the night. He heard breathing next to him and jumped, leaking hot urine into his shorts. On the bed next to him was a young Amphibious woman, with orange skin and a moisture-conserving bonnet over her hair, curled up tightly in her sleeping bag.
    "Aalis," he whispered, except his voice wasn't his. He extended an arm to nudge the girl, and found that it was in a dark blue sleeve. His hand was small and tan. "Aalis, can you please move your legs?"
    Cyan sat up on his haunches, and something pulled at his back: he had a set of large, mottled brown feathered wings.
    Aalis slept on and stretched, further blocking the only way off the bed. Cyan felt his bladder start to let go and clenched up just in time to stop it.
    "Aalis, come on," he whined in the voice that wasn't his. After a long desperate moment, Cyan decided to crawl over Aailis and make a run for the door.
    Hoisting his wings up high, Cyan lifted one leg over Aalis. It was shorter than he remembered and clad in a thick skirt, which acted as a barrier as he lost his balance and straddled Aalis, leaking with each movement. She didn't wake up as he scrambled off of her and ran over the bare floorboards to the cabin's door.
    A pleasant, cool petrichor greeted him on the porch. Cyan wasn't brave enough to descend the stairs in the dark, so he stopped at the top and raised his skirt. The fabric was already soaked.
    "Damn it," he sighed halfheartedly. With the skirt out of the way, he spread his legs and relaxed, letting the urine cascade down the stairs in a sparkling waterfall. It occurred to him that his lap was filling with piss, but when he looked down he was still standing up.
    "Oh right, I'm her," said Cyan in his own voice. Everything was starting to fade, and he noticed a long scar on his (her?) left thigh before he woke up.

Cyan's cheek was against the table, and stuck a little when he sat up, back at the table in Avaris's front room. Something cold and heavy lay across his shoulders.
    "Cyan?" Avaris stepped out of the open bedroom door. Radio static echoed from somewhere behind her. "How are you feeling?"
    "I-" Cyan touched the weight on his shoulders and found that it was a damp towel.  "...What happened?"
    "You uh...passed out," said Avaris, turning pink. "I've been on the radio with the nurse station at Segoe. How are you feeling?" she repeated anxiously.
    Cyan felt much better; he'd cooled off, his headache was gone, and his bladder was empty. His shirts were soaked, but so were the rest of his clothes.
    Avaris hesitated when Cyan asked about it. "You peed yourself. You're not in a bad place for it, all things considered."
    When it was determined that Cyan wasn't dying, Avaris walked him back to Pia's air skiff. It was still oppressively hot, but they took a short trail through the trees toward Pia's air skiff. The trail was shady, filtering the wind whipping over the boughs to a warm breeze.
    "How long was I out?" asked Cyan as the silver hull of Pia's skiff blinked into sight between the trees.
    "Only about ten minutes," said Avaris, pulling her wings in to avoid some branches overhanging the trail. "Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?"
    "Can you stay for a bit?" asked Cyan. "Pia's not supposed to be back until five or six."

Avaris was oddly reluctant to enter Pia's skiff, but Cyan tried to make her feel welcome.
    "It's not Pia that doesn't like you, just D-...I mean Mayra," Cyan added while Avaris sat at the kitchen table. The temperature inside the air skiff was chilly, but neither of them had any complaints.
    "Thanks, that's comforting," Avaris sighed, looking around.
    "You're welcome," said Cyan. He felt like he was missing something.
    Cyan had a shower, changed his clothes, and passed the time talking with Avaris. She was from the Haman homeworld, and had been traveling on her own for several years in her "Limpet" hovercraft. She knew enough about using the radio to fill several books and spent the next few hours explaining it to Cyan, drinking her water very slowly. Most of it went over Cyan's head, and he quietly resolved to watch Pia use the radio next time Azri contacted them.

Azri hitched up her bag and legged it up a steep grassy hill. The phone call the night before hadn't particularly bothered her, though she knew it would unnerve May.
    Despite being the largest settlement in the region, Chocolate Smudge didn't have a formally designated area for aircraft; even during the busy season, the small city didn't see much air traffic. The grassy fields on the outskirts served as the public area for people to set down their airships.
    "Azri! Hey Azri!" called a wheezing but familiar voice behind her. Not the familiar voice from the phone call, and unlike the last time, the name of the voice's owner sprang readily to Azri's mind.
    Azri turned around. A young, sweaty pale-haired woman stood at the bottom of the hill, nursing a stitch in her side while trying to balance a heavy backpack. She'd grown her hair out well past her shoulders and it hung in double braids beneath her pointed catlike ears.
    "Saoirse? You're here?" asked Azri. Saoirse began to plod toward her up the hill, so Azri set down her duffel bag and ambled over. "Are you here for May too?"
    Still breathless, Saoirse puffed, "Yeah."
    "Gimme your backpack," said Azri. Saoirse gratefully shrugged off her bag and Azri walked with her up the hill.
    "Thanks," panted Saoirse. "I ran all the way here from the marina."
    Azri's duffel bag was solid enough for both she and Saoirse to sit on while Saoirse caught her breath.
    "Is it true?" Saoirse asked, glancing around. Mayra's aircraft wasn't visible yet, so Azri took her thermos out of her backpack.
    "Tea?" Azri offered, pulling a paper cup from her backpack. Saoirse took the cup, and Azri poured another for herself. "Is what true?"
    Saoirse leaned in. "That Pia found a dead body in Mayra's machine shop," she hissed.
    "We don't have to whisper out here, Sersh," laughed Azri. "He's alive, and currently staying with Pia, since she's the one who bought the part."
    Sometime in the next five minutes, May's small runabout airship faded into view, gliding along the coastline. Both of them finished their tea and Azri packed away the cups.
    "You should probably pee before we leave," said Azri. "It's a long way back."
    "How do you-" Saoirse overbalanced as she stood up and Azri caught her.
    Azri stood up, stretching her legs. "The need to urinate is one of the more nagging impulses. I can sense it whether I want to or not with most people, even more so with those  I'm used to."
    Saoirse sighed, "Amphibious people are so weird."
    "To be fair, I'm weird by amphibious standards," laughed Azri, waving her arms at the approaching aircraft. "It's why I live all the way out here, outside of the water."
    The teardrop-shaped metal airship whirred up to them and leveled out about a meter off the ground. May parked with the back of the aircraft facing them and it had only stopped for a few seconds when the main hatch at the back opened and May burst out in a blue and tan blur, zipping across the short distance to greet Azri before zipping further down the hill. Having grown up on the Andyne homeworld, May used her wings to make herself half-glide for short distances. There was probably a homeworld term for it, Saoirse thought, but she'd heard Azri call it "zipping" aloud and the name stuck.
    Saoirse shouldered her backpack to haul it up to the hovering craft, but Azri followed May, spreading her legs on the ground in a similar way to what Azri was doing. Facing away from Saoirse, May lifted her skirt and Azri crouched, her shorts around her knees.
    "Sorry I'm late," sighed May, stretching her wings as her bright yellow stream splashed the grass. "I dropped Pia off at the dockyard before I left." Saoirse realized that she was watching them. It was making her need to pee too, and they were downwind of her so there wasn't much else she could glean from the interaction. Saoirse picked up Azri's backpack and marched determinedly up into the aircraft.

I padded it out with art. It takes even longer than the writing. Darn it.

___

Chapter 15

Pia arrived at her front door around six in the evening. May had been bent on keeping them out on errands while "that Nucifera girl" was staying at the yard, so all they'd done was fly out to The Six Mothers and Crystal Cove to look through hardware stores. Pia had hauled a heavy bag up to May's machine shop, and stopped to look out the window at the medical unit she'd found Cyan in. It had been moved out behind the shop, and May had been helping Pia dismantle it for parts: the door had been taken off, and the cylinder inside had been drained, the last of the blue-tinted fluid sat congealing on the unit's floor.
    Pia was about to leave and lock up when a staticky voice echoed from the radio next to May's workbench. "Black Iris? Black Iris Dockyard, are you there? This is the Tinkering Scallop."
    Reluctantly, Pia picked up. She knew the voice: "Lady" Jenkins from Shell Bay.
    "This is Black Iris," replied Pia. The clock above the outer door read a quarter past five. "It's outside business hours but I can take down a message."
    "I wanted to know if you had any larkspur sprockets. I had some customers today in looking for them." Lady's tone was casual, but there was something oddly measured about it. In any case, Pia had never heard of larkspur sprockets. She wrote it down on May's notepad and told Lady to expect a callback the next morning.
    Pia thought about using the bathroom on the way out, but left quickly, in case any more calls came in. She took a long route home, skirting the shady perimeter of the dockyard. She didn't particularly need to pee, even after the long flight from Crystal Cove, but she needed to water her tomato plants for the afternoon.
    Pia descended the stairs from the walkway near her airship and looped around the back. The watering can sat upside-down next to the planter, and the anticipation made her need to pee as she bent down to pick it up. She filled it using the spigot attached to her airship's water hookup, trying not to listen to the hissing of the running water. Her bladder throbbed, and she looked away for something else to focus on.
    Casting her attention about, Pia heard Cyan's voice drifting over from the open bathroom window above her. It was faint, and she didn't think much of it until a feminine voice replied, sounding nervous. Pia frowned, but heaved the watering can over to her tomato planter. The soil was parched from the heat, and she took her time distributing the water before setting down the empty can and raising one foot onto the side of the planter. Pia gathered up her skirt, starting to dribble as she fumbled with the shorts underneath; they didn't open in the crotch but were stretchy enough to pull aside easily.
    Pia pulled back on her outer labia and watched herself twitch. She let go in a strong stream and heaved a slow sigh of relief. She closed her eyes, whizzing away, and imagined Saoirse standing next to her over the tomatoes.
    "You really had to go," Saoirse purred in Pia's daydream. It lasted for several more glorious seconds, and Pia enjoyed the sensitivity building up in her-
    "No really, Pia wouldn't mind," said Cyan's voice from inside. Pia opened her eyes and glared toward the open kitchen window. "That's what it's there for."
    Pia seemed to go on peeing for a long time after that. It still felt good, but she didn't know who was in her home or what Cyan was saying she wouldn't mind. She didn't wait to stop dripping when she finished and strode around the bow of her airship toward her front door. The door swung inward as she reached for the handle.
    "I'll just be a minute-" Avaris Nucifera stood in the doorway and immediately locked eyes with Pia.

Saoirse sidled out onto the back deck of the small airship. It was the only part of the airship that wasn't inside the cabin. It had a retractable loading ramp and a wide gate making up part of the railing, which wobbled unsettlingly against its lock when Saoirse tested it. She eased over to a small corner of the deck. The railing was sturdier there, and she pulled down her shorts, freeing her tail from the back in the process.
    "Darn it," Saoirse sniffed, squatting down. The air was uncomfortably warm, but the constant breeze around the craft made it almost chilly in the shade. Coastal grasslands were slowly giving way to the forests as they flew southward, and mud flats streaked inland in stripes of brown and bright green. The sky was red, edged with violet, and the gold rays of sunlight warmed Saoirse's limbs against the slowly cooling evening. Saoirse's flow started as a hissing trickle, picking up to a wide spray. She couldn't watch herself in that position, so she relaxed and leaned back, hanging on to the railing. She'd been good about not drinking a lot of water all day, until about half an hour ago.
    Mayra had a new guest at her dockyard, who she'd ranted to Azri about at length. Saoirse had tried not to listen and Azri managed to change the subject, pulling out some of the snacks she'd brought from her hotel.
    "I didn't just bring back instant noodles," said Azri, opening a bag with a cartoony-looking cricket in a cowboy hat on the side. The words around the cricket translated to "Potato Clouds." When Azri opened the bag, Saoirse smelled potatoes and cinnamon with no small amount of relief. She'd been expecting crickets. Azri let Saoirse have the bag and took out another for herself and Mayra.
    "They're made with potatoes and chirp flour," said Azri, opening a new bag and holding it out for Mayra. Saoirse ate the whole bag and drank two bottles of water in the space of about twenty minutes. The urge to pee hit Saoirse suddenly, and she excused herself while Mayra and Azri discussed what was in the "Potato Clouds."
    A gust of wind kicked up and blew some of Saoirse's spray back at her, but it only really got on her butt and dried quickly in the constant breeze. Saoirse tried not to dribble down the side, but she knew she was going to. Some of it had gotten on her shorts, and she saw it when she stood up.
    "Ugh, no," Saoirse groaned, dropping back into a squat. "Oh well. I need a shower anyway."
    Saoirse let herself drip dry and daydreamed about showering with Pia for several minutes before standing back up and going back into the cabin.

Pia Sheet Jpeg Resize.jpg

Including a "character sheet" on Avaris I made in December, compiled from various drawings of her from five separate documents.

____

Chib Part 16

Avaris was reaching her limit. She'd stayed with Cyan for several hours and had been trying to pace her water consumption, but that only worked for an hour or two.
    "Why don't you want to use the bathroom?" yawned Cyan, sitting down across from her at the kitchen table. His color was almost back to normal, though sunburns had given the skin on his forearms, neck, and legs a ruddy violet tint. For the last hour he'd seemed tired, and would occasionally get up and walk around the kitchen if he started dozing off.
    Avaris wanted to get up, but she knew she would leak. Her lower belly felt tight in her dress and it had been uncomfortable for some time. "It's...it's one of those things..."
    "Those things?" Cyan repeated, rubbing at his scalp behind his left ear. The gesture was eerily familiar to Avaris, but she was too busy trying not to wet herself to give it any thought.
    "I don't like using the bathrooms in other people's homes if I can help it," said Avaris, pressing her legs together. "If I don't know how the toilet works I don't want to get it wrong and ruin the plumbing."
    "If you're not sure, you can just leave it. I'll flush it next time I use the bathroom," Cyan reassured her.
    "Do you think that Cassiopeia would mind me using it?" Avaris clenched up to avoid an oncoming leak, tightening her wings nervously behind her.
    "No, I don't think Pia would mind. That's what it's there for," said Cyan.
    Avaris looked over at the open bathroom door and her stomach dropped. The front door was slightly closer. Her anxiety won out. Avaris stood up and scuttled quickly to the door.
    "I'll just be a minute," she said, and pulled on the door handle. Cassiopeia Williams stood outside, glaring at her. Avaris's mind blanked and her bladder let go.
    "Hi," Avaris said weakly, clutching at her dress. Her urine felt hot on her legs, running silently onto the linoleum floor over her feet and sandals. "Cassiopeia."
    "Hi," replied Cassiopeia, bemused. "You're Avaris Nucifera."
    Avaris gulped. She couldn't stop peeing but she also couldn't coax her legs to move. It felt good, which only made her more embarrassed. Cassiopeia placed her hands on Avaris's shoulders and guided her out the door. Once Avaris was outside, Cassiopeia backed away slightly on the walkway.
    "Relax, you're outside now," sighed Cassiopeia.
    "I can clean it up," Avaris's voice broke. "I'm really sorry."
    "You have my explicit permission to use the bathroom next time," said Cassiopeia dryly. "Cy was right, that's what it's there for."
    Blood drained from Avaris's face in cold prickles and she raised her skirt a bit. "You heard that?"
    "Not all of it. Why are you here?" Cassiopeia sighed.
    Avaris raised her eyes to Cassiopeia's inky crimson ones. Cassiopeia's expression was stern but not angry.
    "I um-" Cyan stumbled out of the aircraft behind Avaris. "She's here because of me."
    Cassiopeia looked to the side of Avaris. "Are those sunburns?"
    "Yeah." Avaris couldn't see Cyan's face, but she could hear the guilt in his voice.
    Cassiopeia sniffed, exasperated. "You're staying hydrated though?"
    "I am," said Cyan. "I'm feeling a lot better."
    A long awkward silence ensued, during which Avaris's flow stopped. She had to push to get the rest out, and stood, panting. Part of her wanted to cry, but she couldn't bring herself to relax that much.
    "Would you like a towel?" asked Cassiopeia. Avaris gave her a small nod.
    In the bathroom, Cassiopeia handed Avaris a towel out of a cupboard. "Leave the towel in the washer when you're done with it. I don't have any tops for wings, but if you need some shorts there are some you can use in the dryer." With that done, Cassiopeia started toward the door.
    "Cassiopeia?" said Avaris.
    "Just Pia is fine," said Cassiopeia. "Come out when you're ready and you can tell me what happened."

Pia was waiting for Avaris at the kitchen table, reading a novel when Avaris exited the bathroom. She closed the book on her thumb to mark her place when Avaris sat down.
    "Where's Cyan?" asked Avaris. Pia gestured to the couch, where Cyan lay stretched out on his side, snoring softly. "That was quick."
    "He sleeps a lot. I'm surprised he's been up since this morning," said Pia. "So, what happened?"
    Grateful that there weren't any personal questions, Avaris recounted the events of the day.

The sun was setting when Mayra's transport craft touched down at the dockyard. Azri and Mayra left to make some food at Mayra's house, and Saoirse set off for Pia's airship.
    The lights were on in the kitchen area when Saoirse reached the rounded metal air skiff.  She could hear hushed voices inside. One was Pia, but she didn't recognize the other one. Saoirse resisted the urge to eavesdrop and knocked, smelling a scent much like one she'd noticed on the ride over. It had dried, but someone - the same person whose scent she'd smelled on Mayra's aircraft - had recently wet themselves on the spot where she stood. The smell had a distinct note of distress in it. One set of footsteps retreated to the bathroom, and the door opened. Pia stood there in a tank top and shorts, with her waist-length hair twisted up into a bun.
    "Saoirse!" Pia bowled into her, nearly picking her up. "You're early!"
    Pia kissed Saoirse, and Saoirse kissed her back enthusiastically. Someone else emerged from the doorway behind Pia, and Saoirse didn't need to see the person to know who it was.
    "Did you come back with Miss May?" asked Pia breathlessly.
    Saoirse nodded. "Yep. She picked up Azri too. They're having dinner at Mayra's, but Azri said she'll be here afterward to check on things." Saoirse could smell the newcomer's relief at...what exactly? When Pia stepped back to lead Saoirse inside, Saoirse looked up. "You're 'the Nucifera girl,' aren't you?"
    The newcomer was about Saoirse's height, with large tawny-colored feathered wings. She wore a floaty green dress and had light green hair that almost matched it, tied in a high ponytail, and pointed ears. Though "that Nucifera girl" was quite tanned, Saoirse could see her blushing as easily as she could smell the woman's apprehension.
    "That's me," said Nucifera miserably.
    "I've heard quite a bit about you," said Saoirse.
    "Saoirse, this is Avaris," said Pia. "Avaris, this is my partner, Saoirse."
    "It's nice to finally meet you, but what are you doing here at this hour?" Saoirse asked. "And where's the person you found floating in the stasis cylinder?"
    "Cy's asleep in the living room," Pia replied. "He passed out earlier and Avaris brought him back here."
    Saoirse could tell from the mix of smells in the room that Avaris had been there for several hours. "Before you got home?"
    "I stayed to make sure he was alright," said Avaris. It didn't smell like she was lying, but a pang of jealousy made Saoirse sniff the air again. There was something unsettlingly familiar about Avaris's scent, and there was something else in the background, both familiar and distressing. "I was supposed to stay until Cyan's doctor called to check in. Did you say she'd be coming here in person?"

Acijpeg.jpg

Edited by Astraptera (see edit history)

Whoops Saoirse is cosplaying Ellie from Jurassic Park. Except for the shoes I think.

---

Chib Part 17

Cyan sat up and stretched. He sat at a desk, fully clothed this time, but it felt like someone else's desk and someone else's clothes. The clothes fit, even with his wings, but the desk was several sizes too small. His knees were pressing against the back of the desk in front of his, and though he was definitely blocking out someone's view of the front of the classroom, none of the shadows at the desks around him seemed to notice. He tried to pull in his wings to make them smaller, then remembered that he didn't have wings.
    He'd spent the last hour, according to the old analog clock on the wall, writing out an essay on Andyne mythology in careful, swooping cursive. Cyan didn't recall ever learning to write in cursive. He signed the top of the paper "Avaris" and unfolded himself from the confines of the desk. When he reached the front of the classroom, the teacher sitting there faded out, as though they'd only been a shadow. Cyan felt that he should be more alarmed about it, but his body turned away from the teacher's desk on its own and he walked through the same hole in the wall that he'd seen last time.
    The dark woodland around him was in color this time. Dark green leaves shrouded little prismatic flames. He expected the flowers to give off heat in the cool night air, but they didn't.
    A hand brushed Cyan's shoulder and he turned. It was-
    "Hey Aali," he said in Avaris's voice. He - Avaris - was seventeen, on a school trip to a waypoint world, to see the flowers that she (he?) was named for: avaris. They were small and bloomed in clusters of three to twelve. During the day the avaris petals were transparent, almost ghostly in the sunlight, but at night they lit up, their sheer petals turning into flames of varying lengths and hues, depending on the species. It was some kind of bioluminescent reaction involving spores, and he (she?) knew that he should be taking notes.
    Aalis, almost a head taller than Avaris, was dancing on the spot in the ambient light from the flowers. It made the pale freckles on her orange skin stand out, and her violet eyes glinted like metal.
    "What is it?" asked Avaris's voice.
    "There aren't any bathrooms here," Aalis whispered. Around them, flashlights bobbed through the trees. They'd come to that field on a biology field trip with about three dozen other students at nine-thirty at night. Like everyone else, Aalis, Avaris, and Cyan by extension wore their blue school uniform: a heavy wool sweater and long skirt.
    Cyan followed Aalis down a darkened path, the branches brushing (her) his wings. The transition had been sudden and jarring, because this, it occurred to Cyan, was a dream.
    "Can you see out here?" Avaris's voice asked in the starry silence as they crossed the flower fields, running away from their class.
    "Not really, but I can feel the underground powerlines in my legs," said Aalis. As an Amphibious person, Aalis had neuroelectric nodes in her skin that allowed her to feel and interpret the various electric fields around her, whether from people, animals, certain plants, or sources of electricity. Avaris just had normal, slightly nearsighted vision equivalent to a human's, but she didn't need sharp vision to see the light over the trees: a yellowed floodlight illuminating another bathroom building. They rushed to the door and found it locked with an "Out of Order" sign taped to it at eye level.
    "No," Aalis wheezed, pounding on the door. "No no no!" With no other option, she ran around the bathrooms. As Avaris, Cyan followed. He could tell what was coming and tried to backpedal and stop his feet, but it wasn't his memory.
    As Cyan rounded the corner, Aalis raised her skirt. She had just enough of a stream beneath her hem for her piss to sparkle in the flickering gold-colored light.
    "I need to go too," said Avaris's voice. Cyan tried to say something, watching himself squat on the grass, hiking up his skirt.
    "No!" The word didn't come out. "No no no!" Cyan tried his hardest to wake up as his bladder let go.

"No-" Cyan sat up, flooding his shorts. He shambled to his feet, rushing past a thin, pale-haired young woman with catlike ears on the way to the bathroom. She sat at the kitchen table with a bowl of soup. Cyan caught a glimpse of the young woman watching him owlishly when he shut the door. He pulled down his shorts and sat on the toilet. His clothes were dark colored, at least, so he wasn't staining them.
    Cyan didn't take long to finish, but he sat quietly for a minute or two after that, listening to the front door. He heard Pia's voice, and Azri's, along with one he didn't know. According to the bathroom clock, it was half past seven, well after the normal time for Azri's evening radio calls. Azri's voice sounded like she was on the other side of the door. He jumped at a knock on the bathroom door.
    "Cyan?" It was definitely Azri's voice. "Are you okay in there?"
    "Yeah." Cyan got up and pulled up his shorts. The cooling urine at least felt good on his legs where he'd been sunburned.
    "May I come in?" asked Azri.
    "Yeah," sighed Cyan.
    Azri sidled in. "I'm back early," she said, looking him up and down. "You soaked your shorts. Good, good."
    "Why is it good?" yawned Cyan. Now that he'd emptied his bladder his brain was trying to go back to sleep, and he couldn't understand why wet shorts were a good thing.
    Azri launched excitedly into a jargon-heavy explanation of "the test results." Cyan wasn't sure what tests she was referring to, and she went on at length using words like "hydrostatic," "high-grade," and "anti-deregenerative properties."
    Azri ended her lecture with, "But we'll just have to get a urine sample to test it on things at some point. Now go and get a shower."
    "But the couch-"
    "Most of it soaked into Pia's blanket," said Azri. "We'll just toss it in the wash with your clothes."

When Cyan was done showering and dressed in dry clothes, Azri took his vitals.
    "There was a person with cat ears in the kitchen," said Cyan. He was more awake after the shower, but sleep was quickly ebbing back.
    "That's Saoirse." Azri scribbled in her notebook. "She's Pia's partner."
    Cyan tried not to yawn and failed. "Is Avi still here?"
    Azri looked up. "Avi? You mean Avaris?"
    Cyan nodded.
    "She left about half an hour ago. I had to talk to Pia about her medication." The disappointment must've shown Cyan's face, because Azri added, "I'm the one who asked her not to wake you. I had your test results and medical matters to discuss with both you and Pia."

"That's what I'm saying," said Pia. "The unit had an attached battery, but it hasn't worked for years."
    "I'd like to take a look tomorrow if that's okay," replied Saoirse. Pia caught Cyan's eye when he came out of the bathroom and introduced him to Saoirse.
    "Nice to meet you," said Cyan. Saoirse gave him a curt nod.
    "You smell very unusual," Saoirse declared. Already used to weird comments from Azri, he responded with a vague "thanks" and earned a narrow-eyed look from Saoirse before he plodded over to the couch and dropped down onto it. It was dry, but all of the blankets were gone. It didn't stop Cyan from falling asleep.

"What did you mean by him smelling unusual?" Azri asked Saoirse, slipping on her shoes to leave. Pia was in the bathroom, humming while she switched out the laundry.
    Saoirse hesitated and stared down at her empty soup bowl. "I've smelled something like him before. It reminds me of fresh paint, but I know that's not it. I can't place it."
    "A construction site?" suggested Azri. Saoirse shook her head. "A new airship?"
    A face Saoirse hadn't seen in a while bobbed to the surface of her mind. "Are there any secure communication lines off-world around here?"

Saoirse Character Sheet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Including an image of Del that I drew in May. Also this is the same place from Saoirse's Adventures on Literotica.

_______

Chib Pt 18

22 years ago:

It was almost midnight, and Del was the only passenger on the bus when it pulled up to the glass dome that housed the entrance to the front building. Del was there, by herself in the middle of nowhere, to fill a job posting lasting only two and a half weeks. The pay was good, and if she completed this assignment she'd be off for the rest of the quarter.
    The company Del worked for bore the initials WS on all of its paperwork but she didn't know what it stood for. Each WS site was different and tended to name themselves according to the initials. Here, they were calling their operation "World Sleepers," which made Del think of a mattress factory. The building complex was certainly big enough to be a factory.
    The light in the glass dome was on and the outer door was unlocked, so Del entered, hitching up her suitcase. Another glass door lay just inside the entrance. The hallway behind it was dark, but it looked like the main entrance. A pair of bathrooms sat within sight of the door and reminded Del that she hadn't used the bathroom since before she'd left home at a quarter to two that morning. Outside, the bus drove away.
    When a tentative knock on the inner glass door got no response, Del went back out and looked around. Further up the road was a fenced-off parking lot, with a small booth at the gate. The shutters facing the road were closed, but there was a light on inside. Del thought she could smell hints of a nearby lake or river, and if she stopped to listen she could hear the quiet rush of waves somewhere close. The sound made her need to pee, so she tried to ignore it.
    The security booth echoed with the tinny voice of a sports announcer. Del set down her suitcase, took a deep breath, and knocked on the shutter. She took out her employee ID and shook back her hair; the photo on it was of her with a buzz cut, but her wavy gray-blue hair had grown out to her jawline since then. She kept her hair pulled back for work, but she wasn't scheduled to be on the clock for another day and a half, so she'd worn it down on the bus ride.
    While Del waited for the guard in the booth to respond, she tried to fold her wings behind her to look smaller. Despite being thin and wiry, Del stood at just under two meters tall, with large blue and tan feathered wings. She knew she was an imposing figure and tended to slouch or sit down when she had to meet people for work.
    A minute went by, and Del knocked again. This time the tinny sports game stopped, and a panel in the shutter slid aside to reveal a pair of eyes.
    "Oh hey it's a person," said a slow baritone voice. "Who're you?"
    "I'm with WS," said Del, holding up her ID. "Security personnel." A hand reached out of the slot and took it, there was an electronic beep as the guard scanned the code on the back, and the hand came back out with the ID. Del took it back and put it in her pocket.
    "You were supposed to show up tomorrow," said the guard plaintively. "I need to make a call. The keys aren't out here because we weren't expecting anyone." The slot shut with a clang that made Del jump. The night was warm at least, she thought, listening to the guard requesting the keys over his scratchy two-way radio.
    Del felt exposed standing between the road and the fenced-off parking lot, keenly aware that she was several hours away from the nearest vestiges of civilization, and even further from the nearest hospital if anything were to happen. There was forest all around, filled with a cacophony of squeaks, croaks, chitters, yowls, whistles, and whoops from unseen woodland creatures. She'd been thinking of running off for a quick pee in the forest until a deep, sonorous scream emanated from somewhere close by. Del knew it was most likely a wading bird, but that didn't make her feel any better about it. She shuffled closer to the booth.
    Over the next several minutes, all Del had to focus on was the growing need to pee, vaguely menacing animal noises, and the sports game on the radio. Eventually, a door in the front building opened and a figure hurried out through the parking lot. Del's bladder throbbed in anticipation. The door to the booth opened.
    "Reteena said the keys were out here," said a feminine voice. "Maybe she-"
    "Stay here, I'll go get them," grunted the guard. Del caught a glimpse of the man's tan uniform and long pointed ears before he faded to a squat shadow between the lights, plodding toward the door the figure had come from.
    Del's stomach dropped, adding to the pressure on her bladder. Since the guard hadn't seemed to be in any hurry, Del figured she had time, and drew her wings around her to screen herself from the sides. She squatted a bit, pulled down her waistband, and let go. She allowed herself a deep but quiet sigh of relief-
    "Aha! Found them!"
    There was a loud clunk. The floodlight above the booth switched on. It was bright and blinding, and Del shielded her eyes with her free hand. The shutter in the road-facing window slid up, screeching in metallic protest. It made all the animal noises around them pause, leaving an eerie silence in its wake.
    "Oh! Excuse me!"
    Del looked up through her fingers, her heart racing. A head, draped with long green hair, pulled hurriedly into the booth.
    "How long have you been waiting out here, sir?" asked the feminine voice. "If you're okay with answering right now. If not, take your time."
    There was something so earnest about the voice that Del almost corrected them. She reminded herself that she didn't even know this person's name yet and gave their question some thought instead.
    "Not long," said Del. She glanced down at her watch, found that the excitement had caused a minor inconvenience, and used her free hand to aim herself downward instead. "The guard called right after I knocked on the window."
    "Do you umm...need anything?" asked the voice. "There's no toilet paper but I have a box of tissues here."
    "I think I'm okay," said Del. The only sound was the quiet whoosh and splashing from her own stream. Animal noises were starting to creep back, but they didn't cover the sound.
    "I'm Althea Tock, one of the physicians here," said the voice. A chubby, pale hand extended from the window clad in a long white sleeve, and it took a long, awkward moment for Del to realize that Althea meant to touch palms with her.
    "Can we do that after I've washed my hands?" Del asked sheepishly.
    "Of course! I didn't think of that," Althea gave a nervous laugh. "Here, I'll sign you in, shall I?... I see one andyne...last name Liliaceae?"
    "That's me," sighed Del.
    "You have a beautiful first name," Althea commented. "What do you usually go by, Delphinium Liliaceae?"
    "Del is fine," said Del. Del's first name was one of the things she'd always liked about herself, but people often said it sounded too girly so she'd gone by Del since she was a teenager. "And thanks."
    "I think I've got the right key," said Althea. "Did you want to um...wait until you finish what you're doing?"
    "I um...yes," gulped Del. "I'm almost done."
    Del finished and carefully readjusted her clothes as she stood up.
    "All finished?" Althea's voice asked from inside the booth.
    "Yeah," Del sighed. "Thanks for waiting."
    Althea opened the door to the booth, rattling the keys as she selected the right one. Del grabbed her suitcase and stepped over to the gate, trying not to look at the puddle she'd left under the light. Althea was just a shadow at first, until Del's eyes adjusted.
    Althea was Haman, about a head shorter than Del. She was curvy and wore a pair of large horn-rimmed glasses, with short pointed ears and long green hair, plaited in fishtail braids that joined at her clavicles in a traditional Haman hairstyle. Her oval face and dark eyes were friendly and open over her long white coat, under which she wore a pink floral blouse and dark slacks. It took her a moment to unlock the gate.
    Since the guard still wasn't back, Del and Althea sat on two rickety folding chairs in the booth. The space was cramped for two people, so they brought their chairs outside and sat down in the parking lot. Del had enough room to stand up and stretch out her wings.
    "That looks like a good idea," said Althea, stretching her arms. "How was the ride here?"
    "WS paid for the express transports," said Del. The journey had taken just under twenty-two hours, rapidly hopping from one express transport or ferry to another, and once even chartering an airship transport when one of the ferries got delayed. "It was chaotic, but it took one day instead of three."
    "That explains why you're here so early." Althea stood up when the door to the front building opened and the guard emerged.
    "Oh, here's Alvin," said Althea. "Are you hungry, Del?"

Althea led Del through a maze of hallways in the main building, past the glass dome at the entrance, and down a long stairwell, at the bottom of which Althea had to scan her badge to unlock a heavy steel door. The corridors had gone from carpeted offices to cold cement stairways to blinding white walls and linoleum. A medicinal smell permeated the lower levels, and it gave Del a low-grade headache.
    Althea and Del stopped at the bathrooms next to the cafeteria, and both washed their hands. The cafeteria was small and almost empty at that hour, and had a wall of self-serve vending machines in addition to the kitchen next to it. Del was pleased to find that one of the machines served pasta, and got three orders of it with a bottle of water and a small variety of donuts. Del scanned her ID card to complete the purchase. It didn't work.
    "Your ID probably isn't in the system yet," said Althea, scanning her card to pay for Del's order. "Our system syncs with the company's every few hours, so it should be in by breakfast."
    "If you like I can repay you by getting you lunch some time in the next few days," said Del. Her spaghetti carbonara was still too hot from the microwave, so she stirred it impatiently and started on one of her pastries.
    Althea and Del made lunch plans for later on the way to Del's quarters. Two security doors required Althea's clearance to pass.
    "Your ID should work on most doors once you're in the system, even in the medical wing," said Althea when they arrived at the door to Del's room. Del nodded along, yawning: now that she'd relieved herself and filled her stomach, her body's next priority was sleep. Althea had to get back to work, and after she left Del got a good look at the room that would be her home for the next two and a half weeks. The amenities were minimal and the showers were communal, but Del's room was clean and comfortable, and she had her own bathroom. Del sat down on her bed, meaning to take off her shoes, and fell asleep instead.

Del.jpg

I'm not at home, so no art today.

Chib Pt 19

Pia woke early, with Saoirse contentedly nuzzling between her breasts. After days of travel and poor sleep, Saoirse had been out the moment her head hit the pillow. Pia tried not to wake her but she opened her eyes as Pia sat up. It was six-thirty in the morning.
    "Are you getting up?" Saoirse yawned, stretching against Pia. "I know it's Monday but isn't summer the off-season?"
    "It is," said Pia, planting a kiss on the top of Saoirse's head. "I don't have anything scheduled today, but I'm basically on call until five."
    "Do you really think Mayra's going to get up this early with Azri there?" Saoirse asked.
    "I'm not going to speculate on that," said Pia, though she let Saoirse pull her back. "What my boss and my doctor do in their free time is their business."
    "Well I could smell it all over them yesterday," said Saoirse, grinning.
    Pia sank back down under the blankets. "Alright, alright. But I still want to get out to water the tomatoes before Azri gets here."

Azri opened her eyes at exactly 6:30 am. She lay comfortably tangled in May's limbs and didn't particularly want to move. She was warm under the blankets and the morning air, streaming in through the window, was cold and damp.
    "Can you sleep in just for today?" mumbled May. "You're not even supposed to be back until tomorrow."
    Azri yawned and stretched, prompting a stretch from May. "I'll call at eight-thirty, then maybe visit around noon."

Saoirse tiptoed past Cyan, pulling Pia by the hand. He didn't seem to be awake, so Pia quietly closed the front door. Since it was past eight in the morning they were both fully clothed; Saoirse had slept in her clothes, and Pia had changed into a rainbow gingham linen dress. The morning was quickly warming up, but the slight chill in the air made Pia leak a little. The scent made Saoirse's heart race, but she could smell something else. Saoirse stopped Pia.
    "What is it?" asked Pia, looking around, pressing her legs together.
    "Someone is here," said Saoirse.
    Pia huffed, "I can't believe Azri is late, but her timing is-" she trailed off when Saoirse leaned over.
    "It's not Azri," whispered Saoirse. "Go and check on the tomatoes. I'll take care of this and meet-"
    "No. I live here, I'm coming with you," Pia hissed. She was practically dancing on the spot, but somehow managed to hold her bladder. "It's probably a delivery or something."
    "Hello?"
    Saoirse drew herself up in her most professional manner and turned to see a young Andyne man. He wore a full-body windbreaker outfit, a matching cap with a flying mask, gloves, and goggles. A logo for "Fast Flyers Shipping" was emblazoned across the front of his uniform and on the side of the large bag on his hip. His wings were brown with a tight pattern of stripes, and almost resembled a moth's wings on the outside.
    "Hey Cass...ipea?" the man said slowly. "Is Mayra around?" He pronounced it as "my-ra."
    "It's 'may-ra,' and just Pia is fine," said Pia, suddenly businesslike. The young man handed her a clipboard from his bag and she signed a delivery form. "You almost got it that time though, mister...Tulip, if I remember correctly?"
    Tulip nodded and handed over a small cardboard box. "How did you..."
    "It was on the receipt from the last time you were here," said Pia. "I tend to remember those Andyne floral names."
    Tulip left with a friendly nod, and walked away, securing his flight equipment before taking a running start and taking off the walkway. Once he was out of sight Pia took the box and set it down next to her front door.
    "You know him?" asked Saoirse while they hurried around to the back of the craft.
    "Just his name. I don't usually see anyone from the Fast Flyers. They're fast, but they're expensive." Pia gave a little moan when she saw the planter and waddled over to it, dribbling on the dry ground. She lifted one foot to the side of the planter and gathered up her skirt, panting and angling her hips to get all the liquid she could in the soil around the parched-looking tomato plants.
    Saoirse resisted an urge to crinkle the dry leaves with her fingers and dropped her shorts.
    "May I help?" asked Saoirse. Pia nodded.
    "They shouldn't be drying out this fast," Pia gave a sad little sigh. "When we go into town next I should probably pick up some mulch."
    Saoirse straddled a dry corner of the planter and balanced herself on her haunches over it. Her clitoris was still retracted, so that she appeared to have slightly puffy human-looking female genitals. With some concentration, she achieved a stream but couldn't stop most of it from running down her leg.
    "You hide it really well when you have to," said Saoirse.
    "I've had a lot of practice," Pia said, blushing. "The medication and pelvic exercises help. Three years ago I wouldn't have made it out of bed without a major leak." Pia finished, stepping back from the planter and dropping her skirt. She dripped on her way over to get the watering can and waited for Saoirse to finish and get up before watering the plants with the watering can.

Azri opened her eyes to a shocking sight: the clock on the nightstand read 10:34. She sat up muzzily, trying to stay calm.
    "It's fine, everything's fine," said Azri, taking a deep, slow breath. "May would wake me up if there was an emergency."
    "I'd wake you up if there was anything serious," said May from the stairs. She crossed the room and sat on the bed. "You seemed to need it after last night, so I let you sleep. I talked to Pia just now, and she tells me that Cyan is doing fine."
    "She called you?" yawned Azri. She got up and followed May downstairs. She could hear a kettle whistling.
    "Pia called to ask if she and Saoirse could take the runabout out to Nilbog. She made sure to tell me that Cyan is okay, but that his sunburns are sore." May took the kettle off the stove and poured hot water into two instant noodle bowls. A heaping bowl of fried rice, a pan of crispy potatoes, and an assortment of croissants sat on the stove. They ate out on the back porch in their pajamas.

Boring two chapters. I'm still on a shared computer so I pasted a SFW pic of Arthur.

Chib Pt. 20

Cyan jolted awake to a knock at the front door. Azri had called at eleven, confirmed that Cyan wasn't dead, and told him she'd come by to check on him in an hour. Though Cyan had been awake all morning, determinedly reading a newspaper that Pia had gotten in Segoe, he'd drifted off some time in the past hour. He'd gotten halfway through, almost far enough to get to the headline, "BEWARE THE BATSQUATCH," before he fell asleep. It hadn't felt like an hour, but an hour of sleep never did, he thought, stumbling slightly to the door.
    "Sorry, I fell asleep-" Cyan trailed off. Avaris stood at the door in a sleeveless wrap shirt and a linen skirt. She held a small opaque blue bottle, and her wings twitched behind her apprehensively. "Oh, hi Avi."
    "Good morning. I um..." Avaris fidgeted. "I just remembered that I had some sunburn cream and I thought it might help." She held it out and Cyan took it.
    "Thanks," said Cyan. When she pressed her legs together, he sighed, "It's still okay if you use the bathroom."
    Avaris squirmed. "Well um...Miss Mayra is coming this way, so I was going to run away along the trail before she sees me."
    Azri came into sight around the trees wearing her usual light cardigan over her pajamas. She walked hand-in-hand with Mayra, who wore her work coveralls and glared at Avaris.
    "Is she bothering you?" said Mayra sharply. It made Avaris flinch.
    "No," Cyan replied. "She's just giving me something for my sunburns."
    "You know, you could just pee on them," Azri interjected casually, ambling forward and holding out her hand for the bottle. Cyan handed it to her. She opened the cap, sniffed it, and nodded. "This is the next best thing though. Did you get this locally?"
    Avaris gulped. She was shaking. "I got it at Crystal Cove last month."
    "Do you ever go flying in that shirt?" scoffed Mayra,.
    "She can't fly, May," Azri said off-handedly.
    "Yes, she can! That's how illegitimate children earn their names," said Mayra. "They have to complete an advanced flying trial."
    Avaris turned on her heel, used her wings to slow a jump down from the walkway, and skittered away around the end of Pia's airship, leaking the whole way.
    "I have some things waiting for me at the machine shop," Mayra sniffed. She opened her mouth to say something to Cyan and suddenly turned sheepish when she made eye contact with him. "Nice to see you again, Cyan," she said and swept away across the walkways, the iridescence on the blue part of her wings shimmering in the dappled morning shadows.
    Cyan hurried down the stairs and ducked under the walkway after Avaris.
    Pia's airship hovered at the standard meter off the ground, and Avaris had squatted almost underneath it, toward the middle. Her wings were folded around her, but they only covered her upper half and her face. Cyan could clearly see the scarring on her thighs, pale against her deep tan, and flashes of mint green pubic hair. He tried not to stare and looked at the feathers on her wing instead.
    "It's just me," said Cyan, kneeling next to Avaris. The gesture felt weirdly familiar and at that level, he could see why she'd picked that spot: a tomato seedling grew in the shade under the aircraft. Avaris was trying to aim for it, dampening the ground around it. "Can I help?"
    Avaris lowered her wing just enough to peer over it, and hastily raised it again when she made eye contact with Cyan. "Yeah. Sorry for running off like that. I thought I had more time."
    Cyan pulled down his shorts and relaxed, aiming at the distinctive spiky leaves. He hadn't thought he'd needed to go that much, and it felt good.
    "So...is your pee blue like that permanently or is it like..." Avaris paused, finished her long pee, and shifted her wings to balance while she dripped dry. "...Is it something you drank?"
    "I think it's just like that," said Cyan. "Are you doing okay?"
    Avaris took a deep breath, lowered her wing, noticed Cyan relieving himself, and raised it again. She'd glanced at his crotch, and it made his stomach flutter. "Sorry! ...I'm fine, fine! I'm just having a bad day."
    Cyan finished and took an extra second to adjust because of some inconvenient swelling. When he stood up he held out a hand for Avaris.
    "Thanks, but I probably shouldn't," Avaris sighed, dropping her skirt and pulling her wings back behind her. "I got my hands wet."
    "I think I'm used to touching urine by now," said Cyan. "We can wash our hands inside."

Azri was sitting on the edge of the walkway by the front door, dangling her short legs in the sun. Avaris had always been somewhat intimidated by Amphibious physicians and tried in vain to hide behind Cyan on the way to the front door. Azri waited for the two of them to pass and followed along behind Avaris.
    Avaris and Cyan took turns washing their hands at the kitchen sink. Cyan went first, then went over to the couch for Avaris to take his vitals. Even while Cyan sat down, Avaris could feel Azri watching her.
    "Azri, why did you tell me to pee on my sunburns?" asked Cyan as Avaris sat down at the kitchen table. Azri took several seconds to respond. It unnerved Avaris, and she was glad she didn't need to pee anymore. Then Azri finished taking Cyan's pulse and jotted it down in her notebook.
    "Are you sure you want me to talk about it with our guest here?" asked Azri.
    "You said it in front of Avi and Mayra," Cyan said sternly. It seemed to surprise Azri as much as it did Avaris. There was something weirdly motherly about his tone. "I think Avi deserves an explanation too."
    Azri gave Cyan a long, calculating look. "Touche," she said finally. "How much do you remember from what I told you in the bathroom last night?"
    "None of it," said Cyan without hesitation.

May found the box that had been delivered next to the message book on the counter next to her long-range radio equipment. May took off the outer packaging and found that it was addressed to Nucifera, A. Grumbling, May forced herself to look at the message book and cursed herself for letting Pia and Saoirse use the dockyard runabout without a second thought.

Chib Part 21:

Pia touched the small airship down on the water at the bottom tier of a many-leveled air dock. The trip had taken an hour and a half in increasingly sweltering heat as the day warmed up. Even trying to pace herself, Pia had gone through two bottles of water. It was starting to fill her bladder, and she was looking forward to relieving herself off the back of the airship into the water before walking over to pay the docking fee.
    "Pia," Saoirse put a hand on Pia's shoulder and stopped her before she got to the back door. "You might want to wait. We have neighbors."
    Outside the window, a black shape with gleaming white patches surfaced in the water next to the aircraft. Around it, part of the deck extended into the water, and two smaller shapes rose up slightly in the water. It took Pia a moment to recognize them as people. The first was a blue-skinned woman, naked down to her long shimmering red tail and carrying a spear. The second looked younger, thin with what appeared to be long violet dreadlocks and reflective silvery skin all over. Their eyes glinted like coins, and they made eye contact with Pia through the window. Pia paled, and the silver-skinned youth responded by waving their hand in what they clearly thought was a friendly fashion. They had no fingernails.
    "Are they Amphibious?" Pia said under her breath.
    "They're native to this world," said Saoirse, waiting for Pia next to the door. "The one with the blue skin is a Mellen, but I'm not sure about the other." The one with the coin-like eyes waved again, bobbing in the water right in front of where Pia had intended to pee off the airship. A voice on the radio saved her from having to go outside: it was May.
    "I have to take this," said Pia. "It could be important."
    "Alright. I'll go see what our neighbors want, and pay at the kiosk," said Saoirse, kissing Pia on the cheek.

"Could you swing by Shell Bay on your way back? I know it's out of the way, but I'd like to get those sprockets if at all possible," said May.
    "You mean they weren't in the package we got this morning?" asked Pia. Outside, Saoirse spoke to the silver-skinned youth while she extended the ramp and opened the port side gate. Pia couldn't hear what they were saying, but the youth seemed to communicate by gulping air and burping it back out.
    "No, that's addressed to one of our guests." May's tone was flat and formal. "If the Scallop doesn't have the parts anymore, tell them I'll take a schematic for them." Something was wrong, but it occurred to Pia that the radio probably wasn't secure.
    "Have you heard from my mother yet?" asked Pia, using their code phrase for situations like this. Pia didn't even know who her mother was, and May had never spoken about hers around Pia.
    May took a long moment to reply. "She's not feeling well, but it's not an emergency."
    Pia processed that sentence. She'd called May back to the dockyard that way several times. "Should I head back, just in case?"
    "Not yet," said May. "If it gets serious I'll call. Just make sure you leave Shell Bay by three-thirty. We're supposed to get a thunderstorm this afternoon."

After the call, Saoirse was gone and their "neighbors" were still floating around behind the airship. The large black and white shape next to them was easier to see: a large orca, who'd taken up position next to the blue-skinned woman. Pia made a point to painstakingly check all the radio equipment until she heard Saoirse's footsteps on the back deck.
    "We're paid up for an hour," said Saoirse. "We'll have to hurry, but this won't take long."
    Once outside, Saoirse greeted the two people in the water while Pia locked up. Pia turned around and Saoirse introduced her to the people in the water: the silver-skinned youth was a young girl named Naleini, and the Mellen woman was a hunter named Tabbitha. Naleini insisted on touching palms with both Saoirse and Pia, and thanked Saoirse for grabbing them a map at the kiosk before swimming away, keeping their heads above the water so that Naleini could read the map and keep it dry.
    The city of Nilbog sat at the mouth of a wide river, and the waters housed a large community of both Amphibious and Native aquatic people. Canals sat alongside the main roads. The dwellings and other buildings were a combination of squat industrial buildings, domed prefabricated structures, and graceful suspension towers overlooking the river docks. Native marsh plants and trees grew in regularly-placed green spaces around the city. It looked intentionally planned but the effect was pleasant and provided areas of shade in the summer heat. Pia would've appreciated the city's design more if the constant susurration of running water didn't remind her that she needed to pee.
    "It's not much further," said Saoirse.

May walked slowly toward the odd little airship. Despite how much she disliked its owner, she couldn't help but stare. It had the classic double-hulled shape, muted beige siding, large rounded portholes, and cool-colored horizontal stripes. The words "THE LIMPET" broke up one stripe on the side. It really did look like a limpet, May thought as she knocked on the front door.
    Over the next several minutes, May knocked three times. She contemplated just leaving the box by the front door and elected not to.

The communication hub in Nilbog was housed in a wide semi-outdoor lobby. Soundproof cells sat in color-coded clusters and part of the room connected to the canal entrance outside; what at first looked like an ornamental pool was a skylight into the aquatic half of the communications center. It had the same neutral floor tiles and the cells for making and receiving communications were the same as above. Pia caught a flash of silver right before Saoirse tapped her shoulder.
    "Did you want to sit in on the call?" asked Saoirse.
    Pia nodded. They'd located the bathrooms in the communications center, only to find them closed for renovations. Pia had assured Saoirse that she could hold it; the added security measures for Saoirse's call were expensive, and they only had enough on them for a five-minute call.
    The cell reserved for them sat near the wall. Inside was a booth that fit both of them comfortably, in front of a console containing interfaces for several different kinds of communication, including a flat-screen for visual communications. The cell had air conditioning and humidity controls, which Pia resisted the urge to mess with. Saoirse dialed in her various codes and sat back, waiting for the call to connect.
    "You have...THREE...minutes on your balance," stated the cool female voice on the line. "Use full balance?" Saoirse pressed the corresponding button.
    "I thought we had enough for five minutes?" said Pia. The phone rang on the booth's speakers.
    "I'm saving a bit so we can stop by the tea shop on the way back and you can use the bathroom," said Saoirse. "It shouldn't take long anyway unless Ar-"
    "Hello?" said a sleepy voice through the speakers.
    "Daffodil?!" exclaimed Saoirse.
    The voice on the other end yawned. "Not quite. It's-"
    "No, no, we've met enough times for me to get this right." Saoirse's face screwed up in concentration. "Dianthus? No...Delphinium? Daisy?"
    "Digitalis," the voice corrected sleepily. "How are you, Saoirse? Are you looking for Bear?"
    "I'm doing really well, thanks for asking...but who's Bear?"
    Digitalis seemed to wake up a little bit. Even through the speakers, Pia could tell he was flustered. "Oh um...Arthur. I'll go get him."
    Pia couldn't stop herself and blurted out excitedly: "Arthur? You mean we're calling *that* Arthur?" She'd never met Arthur, but Saoirse had told Pia a lot about him; they went off-world for archaeological digs almost every year, and though they'd been a bad fit romantically, they were good friends and still rendezvoused occasionally.
    "Uh...hi," said Digitalis. "Is this a group call?"
    "This is my partner, Pia," interjected Saoirse. "We're renting a cell at the communications hub."
    Pia felt herself blushing. "Oh...hi, Digitalis! It's nice to meet you."
    "Nice to meet you, Pia," said Digitalis. "Giving the phone to Arthur now. Take care, Sersh, Pia."
    Digitalis took the phone away from his ear and said in the background. "Bear, Saoirse and her partner are calling you."
    "Mmmnnnhello?" said an even sleepier voice.
    "Hey, Arty." Saoirse introduced Pia and immediately floundered; she hadn't thought about what, exactly, she was going to ask.
    "You said you noticed a familiar smell," Pia prompted. "It was something to do with Cyan?"
    "You have...ONE MINUTE...remaining," warned the voice.
    "There's another person there?" Arthur yawned.
    "We're renting a booth at the call center," said Saoirse, making an effort to be patient. "Pia found a live person in an old medical unit a few weeks ago-"
    "What kind of medical unit?" asked Arthur. Digitalis'a voice echoed vaguely in the background.
    Saoirse looked pleadingly at Pia. She still had the plate with the medical unit's various serial numbers, but it was back at May's workshop at the dockyard.
    "It was..." Pia hesitated. "It was one with uh..."
    "You have...THIRTY SECONDS...remaining."
    Pia's stomach did a backflip, pressing down on her bladder. She contemplated letting out a little right there and pushed through it instead. She didn't have time to wet herself.
    "It had a um...a tube?" Pia could picture the inside of the unit but didn't know any of the terminology. "Cyan was in it....a cylinder?"
    "You have...TEN SECONDS...remaining."
    "Oh!" said Arthur. "You mean like they have in-"
    The line cut off. "Your balance has been resolved. Thank you for choosing the Nilbog Communications Hub."
    Pia stood up. The brief rush of adrenaline lessened the need to relieve herself. "I can run out to the kiosk for that extra two minutes."
    "Thanks, but I think it might be better to try again later," said Saoirse. "I'm not even sure what time it is where Arty lives now."
    Conveniently, the service kiosk sold interworld timetables. Saoirse bought one on the way out.
    "Now I just have to figure out where Arthur's working," said Saoirse. "Digitalis was there, so I think he might be rooming with him and Milly." The day was still clear and hot, and they walked down a shady street to a canal-side tea house. There was a line, and Pia and Saoirse joined it.
    "Who's Milly?"
    "Digitalis's wife...Or maybe ex-wife. I'm not sure if they renewed their marriage after five years," said Saoirse, reading the iced drinks menu.
    "Didn't he call Arthur 'Bear?'" said Pia. A lot of things on the menu contained bananas. She decided on an iced banana drink. "That sounds like a pet name to me."
    "He did, didn't he?" Saoirse said, grinning.
    Saoirse went and claimed a table while they waited for their order and Pia made her way to the bathrooms. They were closed for cleaning, so Pia went back out to wait with Saoirse.

May plodded back toward her home with a nervous knot in her stomach. She couldn't do anything right away about the current situation, and this time was different than all the others. Pia had made it different, then Azri. What would she do? Where could she go?
    When May looked up she found herself at her airship, alone. She went inside to change her clothes and left the box in her front room for later.

copy-paste.jpg