Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Shows that made you start the kink?

The earliest show that I can remember is the episode of Ren & Stimpy called Fire Dogs where they end up rescuing this big fat woman from a burning building and then you see her holding herself in desperation standing in front of a fire hydrant with lots of dogs who are also desperate, as I used to masturbate to that when I was younger.

I can also remember fairly vividly the Potty Emergency episode of Animaniacs.

Without knowing it since I was a child, the cartoon scenes of desperate going to the bathroom or accidents always caught my attention The first one I remember is a powerpuff girls chapter where the girls woke up with a wet bed and they never knew which of them was urinating and it turned out that it was the villain who entered their room at night and threw water on them to make them fight among themselves and the chapter ends laughing at them and it is seen that they urinate in bed from laughter

The second I remember the rugrats a chapter when Chuckie starts training to go to the bathroom that is afraid to use the bathroom and has an accident right next to the bathroom.

And then the scene from the Simpsons where Ralph pees his pants when Lisa runs away from him along with a college student.

If there was any television influence on this kink, it almost certainly came from advertisements for bladder control products rather than a proper show. I think there was a commercial where the reason for the sudden surprise (and implied loss of bladder control) was because a woman's son was coming back from a military deployment in one piece.

Assuming I remembered it correctly, which is not certain, I sometimes wonder if that commercial counted as "stolen valor" or not. 🤨

Likewise I do remember the early commercials for drugs like Detrol that were supposed to help manage overactive bladder, both the ones where not making it to the bathroom in time was treated with disproportionate gravitas (a woman's voice over saying "I almost didn't make it" with the same tone as somebody saying "the bullet missed my head by less than an inch" while the screen went grayscale) and comedy (a traffic cop doing a gotta-pee dance while directing traffic until she can't take it anymore and runs to the nearest restroom while backup singers say "gotta go gotta go gotta go right now" in three part harmony to a jazzy tune). Remembering those commercials definitely made studying advertising and marketing a more complex experience, but it arguably made me better at it because I was more aware of how products and services can reach different demographics than what they were originally intended for, as well as how messaging can backfire when it strikes an unpleasant chord in consumers that the advertiser didn't intend or even know about.

Guest Simpfan4

I grew up in the days of Captain Kangaroo and Andy Griffith and I can't recall any shows or ads that were open about bathroom needs back then. Barney Fife would have made a likely candidate though.

So fast forward to the 1990s Animaniacs with Wacko Warner's "Potty Emergency," after drinking a huge soda pop at the movies. 

23 hours ago, DrBorderline said:

If there was any television influence on this kink, it almost certainly came from advertisements for bladder control products rather than a proper show. I think there was a commercial where the reason for the sudden surprise (and implied loss of bladder control) was because a woman's son was coming back from a military deployment in one piece.

Assuming I remembered it correctly, which is not certain, I sometimes wonder if that commercial counted as "stolen valor" or not. 🤨

Likewise I do remember the early commercials for drugs like Detrol that were supposed to help manage overactive bladder, both the ones where not making it to the bathroom in time was treated with disproportionate gravitas (a woman's voice over saying "I almost didn't make it" with the same tone as somebody saying "the bullet missed my head by less than an inch" while the screen went grayscale) and comedy (a traffic cop doing a gotta-pee dance while directing traffic until she can't take it anymore and runs to the nearest restroom while backup singers say "gotta go gotta go gotta go right now" in three part harmony to a jazzy tune). Remembering those commercials definitely made studying advertising and marketing a more complex experience, but it arguably made me better at it because I was more aware of how products and services can reach different demographics than what they were originally intended for, as well as how messaging can backfire when it strikes an unpleasant chord in consumers that the advertiser didn't intend or even know about.

There's this one ad that fucked me up as a kid where this kid really has to pee and is looking around for places to pee, and ends up just going back into the pool and peeing. I only saw that ad once and it made me uncomfortable for reasons I couldn't comprehend at the time.  

On 2/18/2023 at 2:11 PM, Cristiano97 said:

The second I remember the rugrats a chapter when Chuckie starts training to go to the bathroom that is afraid to use the bathroom and has an accident right next to the bathroom.

Yeah, this one really sticks out to me. 

Also an episode of Animaniacs where Wakko keeps squirming and running around saying "I need to potty." 

There are likely others, probably that fit under what TV Tropes refers to as a "Potty Emergency" with barely making it or being unable to hold it any longer resulting in a "Potty Failure." It was often a character who really had to go and then was like "nevermind" or "I don't have to go anymore" etc. 

I think the furthest back that I am aware of was "Once Upon A Potty" (but that was direct-to-video). 

Guest Simpfan4

The Carol Burnett show had a segment where Tim Conway was waiting in line for the toilet on an airplane, and the people around him kept talking about aquatic things, making him appear quite desperate to pee. So when his turn in line comes, he indicates that he no longer needs to pee, by admitting, "I went".

On 2/17/2023 at 11:37 AM, DesperateJill said:

The earliest show that I can remember is the episode of Ren & Stimpy called Fire Dogs where they end up rescuing this big fat woman from a burning building and then you see her holding herself in desperation standing in front of a fire hydrant with lots of dogs who are also desperate, as I used to masturbate to that when I was younger.

I can also remember fairly vividly the Potty Emergency episode of Animaniacs.

I really liked that one in Animaniacs even if I'm a man and I usually only like female desperation. It was a TV movie I think but my god that desperation scene is probably the most intense desperation scene I've ever seen in media. The character goes all over the world, even in outer space and cannot find a private place to pee. Strangely all the youtube videos only show like half of the desperation scene, the second half of the desperation involves him getting a toilet he carries but finding a place that's private, I swear I remember him going to outer space and parallel dimensions looking for a place lol

• 1 month later...