Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Never fully emptying your bladder

I once heard about a girl who said she liked her bladder to be always almost full, so what she did was, every so often she just peed a few seconds and she never truly emptied her bladder. She said once she timed how long she took to fully empty her bladder, so she could get an idea for what percentage she would lose if she peed like 10 secs. Curious to see if anyone else has heard of this or has done it.

I really did this not just once. Due to the fact that I also like the feeling of a full or very full bladder, when desperate I chose always to empty just a tiny bit, just to enable me to wait another hour. So I could keep myself in a constant state of fullness, only varying in between significant and heavy urge. I remember weekends when I would have my last full pee on Friday at noon, then holding it until Saturday morning anticipating the onset of constant desperation. When I normally would have to give up I peed half a cup, stopped the flow and appreciated the relief. Of course the urge came back shortly afterwards and again I waited until it became too annoying and then voided another half cup. I managed to keep my bladder in between full and very full for two days in a row, keeping a level of pleasant desperation for hours and hours.
Though I did not face any health issues I would definitely not recommend it to someone else but personally the idea still fascinates me.

Yeah, seems a very bad idea to do for anything more than say a few hours anyway. People with retention issues need to self-catheterise as they can’t fully empty their bladders which would make them prone to UTIs. Similarly people holding a lot (as per, say, those who have limited toilet access at work) end up with stretched bladders which also adds to the risk of retention/UTI issues.

I've done this if I want to hold, but the timing is wrong. If I'm at an 8/10 but I'm in public and not able to enjoy it, but going home soon, I might let some out and go down to a 5/10 so that I can wait. That way  I don't also have to wait for several hours to fill back up again. It certainly sounds like something you wouldn't want to do too often, or for too long. As a bonus holding feels much harder after letting some out on purpose...

18 hours ago, Ironylord said:

I've done this if I want to hold, but the timing is wrong. If I'm at an 8/10 but I'm in public and not able to enjoy it, but going home soon, I might let some out and go down to a 5/10 so that I can wait. That way  I don't also have to wait for several hours to fill back up again. It certainly sounds like something you wouldn't want to do too often, or for too long. As a bonus holding feels much harder after letting some out on purpose...

If I choose to let out only very small quantities only in case I am too close to bursting I benefit from the constant pressure. It enables me to hold more volume with less negative side effects and I can enjoy the feelings of a pleasantly urging bladder for many hours. Sometimes if I feel close to bursting but think I am not yet 'sufficiently' full instead of letting out a little I do a fake piss - let loose while clenching my urethra shut from underneath. After some unpleasant seconds it enables me to get away with the urge for an hour or two without letting one drop out. If I am lucky I manage to keep in app. a liter for many hours, enabling my desired 'constant desperation'

Guest Simpfan4
On 2/14/2023 at 8:27 AM, nappypants said:

Yeah, seems a very bad idea to do for anything more than say a few hours anyway. People with retention issues need to self-catheterise as they can’t fully empty their bladders which would make them prone to UTIs. Similarly people holding a lot (as per, say, those who have limited toilet access at work) end up with stretched bladders which also adds to the risk of retention/UTI issues.

I never did that intentionally, but still ended up with urine retention. But I have NEVER had a UTI nor a bladder infection. I regularly drink a ton of water daily, which might have something to do with it. But I practice double and triple voiding, which means a lot of toilet (or other peeing place) time. My goal is to get that pee out of me, even if it takes longer than I would like. I take prescribed Hydrochlorothyazide, which is much gentler than when my old doctor had me on Furosemide, which had me desperately peeing every 15 minutes for several hours!

Guest Simpfan4

One other "bad" habit I have is when my bladder is already desperately full, I drink even more water or whatever beverage is nearby, as if to remind it that it shouldn't be holding any more liquid, yet here comes some more.