Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Weird diaper leak question!

I've tried making cuts in a diaper, but that ends badly due to all the sap coming out, so please don't do that.

Some potential alternatives:

• Buy diapers with a very low capacity
  • Get diapers in the wrong size
  • Related to the previos one: do an absoutely lousy job taping them.

Combining the final two, you could go one size larger than you should and tape the diaper way too lose, which should cause some instantaneous leaks from the side.

Have fun 😉

I haven't tried it, but I've heard adding salt to a diaper causes it to not be able to wic and retain anywhere near as much fluids. I believe it has something to do with the fact that the SAP and/or pulp can't absorb and contain liquids with salt content as well as liquids without salt content and that the higher the salt content the less effective they can soak it up.

I have no idea if this works or not and am not sure how putting salt on the inside of a diaper would feel though (I imagine rock salt would be a bad idea lol). On an unrelated note, I've heard that salt makes cleaning up SAP a lot easier. For instance say "somehow" you end up with a blown out diaper in your shower/bathtub so there's SAP everywhere and clogging up the drain etc. If you pour a whole bunch of salt everywhere that'll make it so rinsing it all down the drain works a lot better.

I also second @Quest's suggestion of getting diapers with very low capacity. Depends and Goodnites work well for this (granted Goodnites aren't "technically" diapers). Their other 2 suggestions are good and would definitely probably help contribute to leaking, except that sometimes you can tell the fit is different and it might not feel like you're wearing as a secure snug diaper like you normally do which could take away from the leaking experience is all.

@nappypants suggestions are good too and can definitely lead to leaks. To add to it, if you're lying down wetting on your side can also make leaking more likely too.

Edited by LittleOtterPup (see edit history)
2 hours ago, LittleOtterPup said:

I have no idea if this works or not and am not sure how putting salt on the inside of a diaper would feel though (I imagine rock salt would be a bad idea lol).

How about you do not add salt as is but put it into a enclosure of some sort? Make sure liquid goes in and also out again, and solves some salt while doing it. Maybe there is something else that can be used for this or you just add some salt water to your diaper, make sure it is highly saturated.

Depends on the diaper really, a good diaper is going to be difficult to make leak if it's sized properly and taped properly. I've had some leak because the way I taped the diaper left space between the leg guards and my legs.

If the diaper's capacity is relatively low and the absorption rate isn't top of the line squeezing it should make it leak. This is how I get pullups to leak 9 times out of 10.

If you are a man you can also wet the diaper while lying down and pointing your "member" towards your stomach, most diapers I've tried don't do a good job of stopping leaks in this situation but do keep in mind that the leak will probably run across your thighs and up onto your stomach.

Additionally I find really compressing my diapers reduces the rate they absorb initially, but not by a massive amount.

finally I suppose if you could find a way to waterproof a bit of the inside of the diaper it would slow down how fast it absorbs and might make it leak interestingly.

@Quest and @nappypants have pretty good suggestions too, just try some things and you'll find a way.

6 hours ago, Quest said:

I've tried making cuts in a diaper, but that ends badly due to all the sap coming out, so please don't do that.

What if you get a diaper that doesn't have the best capacity in the first place and also make several cuts along the leg guards making them useless? That should keep the sap inside and make it leak more easily out the sides. 

Gaps between your diaper and your legs could cause leaking (diapers a size too large or poor taping would cause this).

Low capacity diapers, when flooded, leak like crazy.

Underwear inside your diaper, especially boxers or boxer briefs, since the urine would start soaking them first, and would allow spread where you normally wouldn't get it.

12 hours ago, Tailsuser said:

How about you do not add salt as is but put it into a enclosure of some sort? Make sure liquid goes in and also out again, and solves some salt while doing it. Maybe there is something else that can be used for this or you just add some salt water to your diaper, make sure it is highly saturated.

All those ideas sound pretty doable and good. You could mix some salt with boiling water and let cool and maybe that might be enough to make a difference? Or maybe if it's possible to cleanly cut open a stuffer and load it up with salt or more salt water solution? Sounds like some science experiments are needed xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 6:12 AM, Jonnaywets said:

Does anyone have any ideas on a good way to CAUSE a diaper leak without totally soaking a diaper? I am a weirdo and I like when my diaper leaks! Thanks! 

Oh yes! 

I've done this a few times for fun. Poking little holes in the diaper with a pin will lead to a slow leak, make sure you don't poke your genitals. Also cutting gathers can cause them to leak. Then there's wearing the diaper inside out or cutting it open and removing the floof 🙂 Cut it by the waisteband to avoid a mess.