Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female What is the most likely age for someone to have an accident?

I was thinking about this today what’s the most likely age for someone to experience an accident. Obviously the ages immediately following potty training let’s say 4-9 years old. But after that I think it’s the 18-23 demographic. Although one would assume accidents decrease with age I think more 21 year olds experience an accident than say 15 year olds. Hundreds of thousands of college students go out and drink copious amounts of alcohol each weekend leading to desperate Uber rides, long walks and drunk rides on public transport and of course bed wetting . Also college students have long classes some lasting as long as 3 hours while most simply get up and leave when they need the bathroom the shyest among them remain in their seats. Finally this demographic is very adventurous taking lots of trips. What do you guys think is the 18-23 demographic more likely to have accidents than their teenage counterparts and those older than them?

Not sure about comparing the younger age brackets, though people new to alcohol are perhaps more likely to get caught out. But bladder control generally weakens with age and certain conditions. So accidents will be very common in young to middle-aged women as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, for example. For men it’s generally rare until prostate issues become common at probably 50+. But the “most likely age” will be the oldest people of all, of whom the majority will probably be in diapers!

Although the 18 - 23 age range may not be the most likely to have "accidents", they may be more likely to be desperate to pee.  Young adults don't always plan well, they often are very busy socially, they drink more, and they may not have yet determined their bladder capacity.  However, that is also the age range where the body is the most flexible and strong, so despite needing to pee more often they're more able to hold it.

I would say the 18-23 age range is probably the group most likely to have an accident for non-medical reasons. Pretty much everyone i know who had an accident, including myself, did it between these ages due to the sudden over indulgence on alcohol you mention. There were a lot of wet beds in those days for many people but not heard of any since from anyone i know as people no longer go as hard when out partying as you age and life priorities change and you also understand your limits a lot better.

After my potty training years I had accidents for several years. Then when I went to college and typically had several accidents a year (along with some not so accidental accidents after my first year), then had about one real accident a year for the next several years. I was dry from age 14 to almost 19. I had 10 girlfriends in college who had accidents and a couple after that. Thinking about the rest of my life (before I got the spinal cord injury that put me in diapers) I agree that it is the college years and maybe several after that that most people have most accidents.

Edited by scinosensation (see edit history)

Ill skip  past my childhood days when I didn't want to admit that I needed to pee and wet my pants a few times, to the 18+ mentioned here.

When I was in high school I  very rarely used the boys room , and had actually become pee shy and couldn't go. So I was not particularly alarmed when I became painfully full one day outside school. I had to pee desperately for several hours,  but being in pain from a overfull bladder and a throbbing penis was almost normal. I was shocked and chagrined on the bus ride home I experienced a sensation I hadn't since I was a kid. The pressure at my pee hole was so  intense  it felt like like my pee was going to come out.  It would take 45 - 60 minutes to get home.Fortunately I had my jacket from the morning to cover the fact I was holding myself  periodically to keep from peeing in my pants.  

Once off the bus I had about a half hour walk home. Despite being 18 , to old to be doing so in public, I intermittently had to grab my dick to keep from wetting my pants. I made it about half way before my sphincter gave out. I had a softball sized obvious wet spot in the front of my pants. I covered the best I could with my shirt, hoping nobody noticed. 

This was the only time I truly had a genuine unplanned accident in my pants, until a few years ago. I am now 70 and sometimes I have a sudden , strong , unexpected need to pee. Sometimes I just cant hold it.

Of course over the years I have wet my pants many, many times, because I couldn't hold it (the only way I enjoy it), but those "accidents"  were deliberate and enjoyable .

On 2/9/2023 at 5:28 AM, Spectator9 said:

Although the 18 - 23 age range may not be the most likely to have "accidents", they may be more likely to be desperate to pee.  Young adults don't always plan well, they often are very busy socially, they drink more, and they may not have yet determined their bladder capacity.  However, that is also the age range where the body is the most flexible and strong, so despite needing to pee more often they're more able to hold it.

I drunk hold pretty well but almost peed myself multiple times while drunk. 

I don't think that anyone age has a more likelihood of accidents than any other perhaps the reason varies by age.

Children probably have more accidents because they haven't yet learned how to control their bladders, so that you have things like bedwetting and not being able to hold it, as their bladders are not fully developed yet.

Teenagers and young adults perhaps have more accidents as a result of living a wild lifestyle perhaps involving drinking and pushing their bodies to the limits.

Then with older people there is incontinence issues, especially if you gave birth for women, and prostate issues in men, and of course when you are older all of the equipment works a little bit more shabby compared to when you were younger.

So again it probably depends a lot about a person's lifestyle, but I think that everybody can have an accident at any age, but perhaps the reason WHY varies with age.

Very interesting perspectives here, and I agree with the 18-23 range, in that they're more likely to be desperate more frequently. Although, they're probably not the most likely to have an actual accident, because of what some other people have already mentioned such as increased ability to hold, etc.

So 18-23 most likely to be desperate more frequently.

But, I'd say elementary age kids (5-10/11), and older adults/seniors (40+), are the more likely to have actual accidents. The younger side mainly because of kids being kids and being too occupied with games, etc! And older adults/seniors, because of actual decreased physical ability to sometimes hold.

Edited by CatalyticCat (see edit history)

Without counting the childhood age, I would say that the most prone age is over 40 years when men begin to have the first prostate problems where it is necessary to wake up several times at night to go to the bathroom and many simply begin to have leaks and more than once wetting the bed for not waking up.

In the case of women, I would say that between 30 and 40 years of age, when on average they are the most common ages to be pregnant or when they are close to menopause, and in the case of single women, also when they have less sexual activity and tend to have nocturnal hot flashes where the Wet dreams are more frequent, contrary to that of men, which occurs more in adolescence.

Edited by Cristiano97 (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...

I was 40 the first time I peed myself and it was because I was drunk. I didn't learn and did it again about a year later. Those were both genuine accidents in public. Since then my wettings have been more frequent but mostly because I'm less concerned about it and do take deliberate risks. Now I'm probably considered as one of those who is "older" and although I don't have any prostate issues I have been caught out in the car a couple of times when setting off after drinking too much coffee or diet coke.