Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Trans people - how do you feel in the omo community?

I know this is a broad question, but I've wanted to hear the feelings of other trans people for a while now.

For example, it's undeniable that there's somewhat a problem of people equating genitals to gender. I know it personally irks me a lot, but I wanted to hear other people's inputs on it - does it bother you? Or is it something you are able to shrug off.

That's just one example. Please, treat this thread to ramble as much as you may want, about your thoughts and feelings about how gender is handled in omorashi communities.

[Note: This thread is not to target anyone, nor to throw hate/drama into the community. This is to express how we feel openly, and potentially criticize a few issues around a topic we love!]

11 hours ago, Omomancer said:

depends on the community and space tbh. i tend to stick to small groups full of other trans ppl so its pretty good. on this site specfically though, ive seen quite a bit of transphobia and hate directed specifically toward nb folk so i tend not to post much on big forums like these anymore lol.

Thank you for your honest response. I understand - I don't normally enter big communities either, and just talk to mutual kink friends about topics such as omo.

Oof... that's rough. I can understand your hesitation to interact over here. I know it took me a while of debating to join, since I disagree with some things (eg. how many underage characters are in the gallery) which has made me wary of the site.

I don't know about you, but in a way it's kinda relieving to see other trans people on here. And it makes me feel less nuts to know I'm not alone in feeling a bit othered or hurt by certain things in the community.

I used to interact a lot on this site back in the day. Since coming back to it I've been out as a trans man and I tend to lay a bit lower. I've definitely seen a lot of genitals = gender on here and it definitely makes me uncomfortable. Overall though I tend to stay in trans spaces online because they're generally safer.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an nb transmasc. I have an omo Twitter account with nearly 12k followers, and can honestly say I've experienced surprisingly little overt transphobia from fellow pee fetishists. Confusion and somewhat intrusive curiosity, sure. Occasional misgendering, certainly, though it doesn't usually strike me as deliberate. And it's always a bit weird when ostensibly straight guys (or lesbians, for that matter) follow me, though I don't mind too much as long as they're polite enough not to straight-up say they think of me as a girl.

But for the most part, folks have been enthusiastically horny for my trans body and omo content in a way I welcome. I'd say I've had more affirming experiences than negative ones.

Also, so many of the folks I follow and who follow me are trans themselves, which probably helps!

5 minutes ago, violentdreams said:

I get really annoyed. So many threads and questions act like genders are entirely different species, as if there's more difference to peeing than urethra length between sexes. Honestly, it gets difficult to engage on this site at all

Gender is a social construct, do not let bourgeois "scientists" fool you. People can pee standing up regardless of their genitalia. This is objective fact. I am not saying this just because I think people peeing is hot. Any accusation of me doing so would be slander. 

2 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

Gender is a social construct, do not let bourgeois "scientists" fool you. People can pee standing up regardless of their genitalia. This is objective fact. I am not saying this just because I think people peeing is hot. Any accusation of me doing so would be slander. 

Thought history and into today, there have been many cultures that have more than 2 genders. If that isn't evidence enough that gender is a matter of the mind then idk. Even sex is proven to not be a binary proposal, people can be intersex, fitting neither man nor woman body types entirely. Simply put, modern society sucks at gender and sex.

Spoiler

I'm agreeing with you btw, just wanted to make sure u kno

42 minutes ago, slicingoranges said:

Simply put, modern society sucks at gender and sex.

May I suggest that it's the 'legacy' of institutional society that doesn't get it - and that still carries on today.

It's why it was necessary to overthrow the embedded institutional behaviours in the 1960's for individual behaviours - a task we are still undertaking, and with significant results since then. This does not mean the field of play is accepting of true individuality at this stage, but we have to be careful with our instant turn-around news cycle that we don't fall for the trap of spontaneous assessment of our reality without due reference to the history. 

Edited by blasseroz (see edit history)