Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

On 2/5/2023 at 2:40 PM, GreenChile said:

I'd be willing to bet that there would be a lot of pressure to not be the one that ends the free drinks so you're holding and trying your best …

Absolutely! From what I‘ve read they really had the bathrooms locked and one of the bouncers would be waiting there to open them for the first one that accepted defeat. And they did make quite a show of it. So if you didn’t want to be booed at, you better held it in…

…but on the other hand, there was no line. At least until that moment. 😜

Edited by HereToStay (see edit history)
3 hours ago, HereToStay said:

Absolutely! From what I‘ve read they really had the bathrooms locked and one of the bouncers would be waiting there to open them for the first one that accepted defeat. And they did make quite a show of it. So when you didn’t want to be booed at, you better held it in…

…but on the other hand, there was no line. At least until that moment. 😜

I think I would love to be in that bar just to see who would be first to admit defeat, and how close they come to wetting themselves before they wave the white flag (or maybe yellow flag lol). 

40 minutes ago, AnotherGuy said:

If it was "drinks are free until someone wets" then that would be a great Omo idea. I can't imagine many venues wanting to encourage that though.

I think they were free drinks until someone wet, which is why being the first to use the toilet was probably the most embarrassing 😹

Here in Argentina they held several of those parties where the slogan was: free alcohol until someone has to urinate, and even worse, whether you urinated in the bathroom or not, since it was forbidden to urinate in any way, they gave you a T-shirt that indicated that It was you who went to urinate. They banned several discos for this theme as it encouraged excessive alcohol consumption.

P.S. In the drawings of the announcements of those parties, curiously, they plagiarized a drawing from a CD of a musical band from my country.

artworks-0OQUPcus7Xrc-0-t500x500.jpeg

Edited by Cristiano97 (see edit history)
44 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

They're called Bladder Busters sometimes!

1 hour ago, Cristiano97 said:

Here in Argentina they held several of those parties where the slogan was: free alcohol until someone has to urinate, and even worse, whether you urinated in the bathroom or not, since it was forbidden to urinate in any way, they gave you a T-shirt that indicated that It was you who went to urinate. They banned several discos for this theme as it encouraged excessive alcohol consumption.

P.S. In the drawings of the announcements of those parties, curiously, they plagiarized a drawing from a CD of a musical band from my country.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f7fb5495293b9b74d7c015cc5384cc6d0bf79d07fad704c292c5328524e80333/1280/https://www.omorashi.org/uploads/monthly_2023_02/artworks-0OQUPcus7Xrc-0-t500x500.jpeg.113836e1f4a461c3bcbfb20052dfbc5a.jpeg

So they do still exist??😃

Where? And what’s the next airport? 😉

You know what? I read your post yesterday and was so impressed I just had to share it with somebody. I'm now trying to revive my German (learned it at school, then forgot most of it), luckily I have a close friend who gives me lessons. So today I had a lesson with her and in the end I was like:

"Hey, I've just learned something crazy about Germany."

"What?"

"They used to have this thing called Pinkeln Parties."

"Come again?!"

"Like when people come to some bar and everyone is given free beer until the first person pees."

"Ah, that thing! I know, I even watched a movie about one of those."

"Really?! What movie?"

"I don't remember, it was long ago. But there were several guys at the bar holding their crotches for dear life and eventually one of them peed himself."

I wasn't going to press on her about the name of the movie because it would be weird, but I would die to see it! Male omo is such a rare treat!

Edited by soo-pis-sed (see edit history)
2 hours ago, soo-pis-sed said:

You know what? I read your post yesterday and was so impressed I just had to share it with somebody. I'm now trying to revive my German (learned it at school, then forgot most of it), luckily I have a close friend who gives me lessons. So today I had a lesson with her and in the end I was like:

"Hey, I've just learned something crazy about Germany."

"What?"

"They used to have this thing called Pinkeln Parties."

"Come again?!"

"Like when people come to some bar and everyone is given free beer until the first person pees."

"Ah, that thing! I know, I even watched a movie about one of those."

"Really?! What movie?"

"I don't remember, it was long ago. But there were several guys at the bar holding their crotches for dear life and eventually one of them peed himself."

I wasn't going to press on her about the name of the movie because it would be weird, but I would die to see it! Male omo is such a rare treat!

Hey there, was it a German movie? Haven’t heard of it yet. But I‘ll try to find something. 

Do you have an idea what kind of movie it was? Really a movie with a storyline or rather a documentary?

The problem is when you do a web search in German for „Pinkel Party“, 95% of what you‘ll get will be about baby showers, which is called really similar in German.

Btw. Happy to hear that male omo is appreciated! 😊

And feel free to drop me a PM if you have any omo-related German language questions. Learning should be fun.

Edited by HereToStay (see edit history)
1 hour ago, HereToStay said:

The problem is when you do a web search in German for „Pinkel Party“, 95% of what you‘ll get will be about baby showers, which is called really similar in German.

Yeah, that confused me as well…

Seems like these things were more common a decade or two ago, before there was more of a backlash against things that encouraged binge drinking. Also saw a suggestion that it just led to people peeing “discreetly” in all kinds of places, which must be a nightmare for venue owners to clean up afterwards!

I wonder if people get body-searched for nappies and leg bags on entry? They could just claim it was discrimination against the incontinent…

Edited by nappypants (see edit history)
1 hour ago, HereToStay said:

Hey there, was it a German movie? Haven’t heard of it yet. But I‘ll try to find something. 

Do you have an idea what kind of movie it was? Really a movie with a storyline or rather a documentary?

Btw. Happy to hear that male omo is appreciated! 😊

And feel free to drop me a PM if you have any omo-related German language questions. Learning should be fun.

I believe it was just a fictional movie, probably some silly comedy, since if it was "long ago," chances are she watched it as a teen. Now that I've read comments, I'm not even sure it was German, as such parties aren't specific to Germany. Could be an American movie... 

Thanks for your offer 🙂

5 hours ago, nappypants said:

I wonder if people get body-searched for nappies and leg bags on entry? They could just claim it was discrimination against the incontinent…

Actually no, I found one that even specified that diapers are OK. The mainstream organizers probably thought nobody would actually do that while for many people on here that would actually be a Win-Win situation 😂