Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Would You Rather

(Sorry for the graphic nature of the question)

This dilema occurred to me a while back when chatting to a colleague. She was telling me a story of how she was sick one day, and started throwing up. She made it to the toilet, but then felt like she was going to mess herself, so she sat on the toilet whilst still throwing up. This led to her vomiting in the adjacent sink, blocking it up, which she had to later clean.

So, my question is this...

Would you rather:

1) vomit in a toilet and mess yourself

OR

2) sit on the toilet and vomit in a sink, knowing you'll have to later clean it

@Ian Newton

"Would you rather:

1) vomit in a toilet and mess yourself

OR

2) sit on the toilet and vomit in a sink, knowing you'll have to later clean it"

Unfortunately as a person with chronic acid reflux disease and cyclical vomiting syndrome I wouldn't find myself in this situation. I vomit so frequently and often unexpectedly that I always have a vomit bucket nearby, so if I feel like I am going to vomit and I have to go to the bathroom at the same time I will grab the vomit bucket and sit on the toilet vomiting into the vomit bucket while I piss and shit into the toilet, which actually happens a lot because usually I have horrible gas pains and diarrhea before I start vomiting.

the only time i ever got sick to the level of throwing up and pooping at the same time, i opted to poop and have to grab a small bowl my dad used to shave and throw up (i cleaned it up afterwards, just flushed what i threw up the toilet and then put it on flush down the toilet and then wash the bowl with soap and water).

But if it happens again and I have to choose just one, I'd rather throw up in the toilet and shit my pants. The option of throwing up in the sink is out of my reach because it's far from the toilet, and I already threw up on the floor once and it was a lot of work having to clean up since the smell of stomach acid is much stronger than that of poop.

Also, the poop is solved by getting into the shower with my clothes and there I clean them faster before putting them in the washing machine. Instead, I imagine sitting on the toilet, throwing up on the floor, it would be a disaster considering that my bathroom is small and that as soon as I finish shitting I have to watch where I step so I don't dirty the floor more and then clean.

Edited by Cristiano97 (see edit history)

@Cristiano97

"But if it happens again and I have to choose just one, I'd rather throw up in the toilet and shit my pants. The option of throwing up in the sink is out of my reach because it's far from the toilet, and I already threw up on the floor once and it was a lot of work having to clean up since the smell of stomach acid is much stronger than that of poop."

Yes I meant to mention that in my post I think this is actually true of most people, I know in my house if I am sitting on the toilet I can't just reach over and vomit into the sink because the sink is higher up and further away so there's no real way I could be sitting on the toilet and vomiting into the sink simultaneously and I think that most people's bathrooms are like that.

And you are right the smell of stomach acid is a smell that I unfortunately know all too well it's a very unpleasant smell and one that stays on your breath afterwards as well. And it's also true that vomit is harder to clean up because it's thick and chunky. If you shit your pants I suppose you could always just dump it out into the toilet and then wash your pants afterwards but vomit you don't want getting clogging up the sink as it's better to just throw up into the toilet and then flush it. Even after I vomit into the vomit bucket I have to really wash that stuff out just to get all the vomit out as vomit tends to stick to surfaces.

And I also can't believe that there are actually people who have a vomiting fetish. I mean I'm not into scat but I can understand that more than vomiting because vomiting is just so profoundly unpleasant. I mean at least scat that is coming out of your body and is meant to be waste but you don't want your food coming up through your mouth as it so unnatural and unpleasant. At least poop is coming out where it's supposed to come out!

On 2/6/2023 at 2:44 AM, Kat_ie said:

I get violently ill to my stomach many times a year... weak stomach or something... and I'll always prioritize throwing up in my home. I find that when I have diarrhea my underwear never survives an hour after the bathroom trip so if Im spilling diarrhea eitherway Ill prevent myself from cleaning up vomit. Id much prefer to wash a bunch of my panties in the shower

Sounds like you should invest in some diapers for when you have an attack of this… obviously still have to clean yourself up, but saves the washing/throwing out good clothes (with the benefit of being able to pee yourself in comfort as well!)

2 hours ago, nappypants said:

Sounds like you should invest in some diapers for when you have an attack of this… obviously still have to clean yourself up, but saves the washing/throwing out good clothes (with the benefit of being able to pee yourself in comfort as well!)

tbf when I say many times I don't mean every 2 weeks so I can't be bothered- I will be getting diapers later for different reasons tho 🙂

I only got sick to the point of having diarrhea and vomiting at the same time once in my life. Fortunately, in my case, that was in my home, where there is, without having to stretch too much, a bathtub where I could vomit while sitting on the toilet.

I can't say it was a choice made after a huge reflection and a lot of pondering both options, the choice was done instinctively. I don't think I would have made another choice anyway, the prospect of cleaning myself and my pants and my underwear is far less appealing than having to clean my bathtub, and considering that no matter what I do, something will requires cleaning in the end.

Edited by aumonier95 (see edit history)