Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Complete newbie looking for advice on staying discreet

I'm not really a diaper kind of person tbh- I really like the feeling of actually peeing myself. But this isn't really possible while I am in college here so to enjoy at least half of what I enjoy I want to hold in public with protection on. What kind of diapers/pull ups (whats the difference anyways) should I get and how do I get the package without it being obvious its diapers? Are there clothing choices I need to look out for? Being discreet is key even if I have to sacrifice some capacity for it... I'll just pray my bladder holds on or something idk

Even full on diapers are not as obvious as you're probably thinking, at least not clean and dry. Probably the best thing is to make sure your waist won't ever show if you're wearing tabbed diapers. A lot of them rise really high in the waist, so you'll want to make sure bending over won't expose them. Aside from that, even a Megamax isn't very obvious so long as it isn't soaked. They can be loud, though. I hear cloth backed diapers are better about that, but haven't tried any myself.

29 minutes ago, NouveauWolf said:

Even full on diapers are not as obvious as you're probably thinking, at least not clean and dry. Probably the best thing is to make sure your waist won't ever show if you're wearing tabbed diapers. A lot of them rise really high in the waist, so you'll want to make sure bending over won't expose them. Aside from that, even a Megamax isn't very obvious so long as it isn't soaked. They can be loud, though. I hear cloth backed diapers are better about that, but haven't tried any myself.

How loud would they be? I wouldn't really want to be making crinkling sounds during my lectures... Also would there be anything I would need to look out for in my outfits with something so large?

Anything plastic backed is pretty darn crinkly in loose clothing. You can get away with them in jeans usually but leggins, sweatpants will give them away audibly. Visually I would say just avoid anything too tight. Your loosest jeans will be fine. I recommend doing a test run when you have some privacy or in a car or something to see how much swelling will show when your choice of padding is full.

Tabbed diapers will generally hold way more than any pull up, but it comes with the risk of messing yourself unless you have a private restroom where you can rip the tabs off the dipe. Recently I have had good luck and been impressed with the Amazon brand overnight pull ups in how much they can hold, but most other pull ups have been disappointing.

In terms of getting your hands on them, there's a decent selection of diapers available via amazon. They come in standard amazon boxes so they're pretty discrete. Most other vendors should offer some form of discrete shipping, I know at least abuniverse does. 
In terms of keeping them hidden, most diapers should be fine. They do expand when you wet, so be mindful of that, but in most cases you shouldn't have to worry about your diapers being noticeably thick unless you've gone out and sought ones for that reason

I disagree about the noise but I always wear plastic pants and high waist womens pants or cycle shorts style underwear.  With jeans or leggings on top there's almost no sound unless you know what you're listening for.  At the shops or in a bar the background noise will mask it a hundred times over and even in a lecture theatre there'll be subliminal background noise from air conditioning etc.  Experiment at weekends to gain confidence.

Buy some cheap store brand adult diapers, which usually come in pull-up types and do a "dry run" at home. Try them on for size, see how far up they sit on our waist. Choose some outfits that work with them and find out which ones don't. Leave the diaper on until it's soaked so you know hoe much they hold and how heavy and just how noticeable they can be when full. Then you'll be ready to go out in public. Good luck.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:41 PM, Violet_N said:

Buy some cheap store brand adult diapers, which usually come in pull-up types and do a "dry run" at home. Try them on for size, see how far up they sit on our waist. Choose some outfits that work with them and find out which ones don't. Leave the diaper on until it's soaked so you know hoe much they hold and how heavy and just how noticeable they can be when full. Then you'll be ready to go out in public. Good luck.

I totally agree with this advice. The best pull-ups i have found are store bought. I can ust piock them up with my other purchases. Definitely do a "dry run" at home - it will give you confidence for when you wear one in public. I resisted tryiong diapers and pullups for a long time - and that first day i wore one and wet in public was literally life changing - i wish i'd done it sooner

9 minutes ago, TenaKev said:

You could try Always Discreet. 

they look like underwear. some girls wear them for thier period, so no one will he the wiser. 

These look good, and are "discreet" - but they don;t hold enough for me

I'm sure it's already been mentioned (and is already kinda obvious), but definitely go for more relaxed looser fitting things and not tight. No skinny jeans lol. Darker colors can also help hide bulges/creases and makes leaks less noticeable.i

It's also been mentioned but hiding the waist band is pretty important too. If your pants can use a belt or have a draw string that can be tied, be sure to use it and don't wear a short shirt and/or wearing a sweatshirt or jacket can help.

You could also consider getting a onsie. They virtually make it impossible for the diaper waist band to peak up. They can also help cut down on noise and reduce sagging.

I'm not sure what your living situation is like, but a lot of online diaper sellers are pretty discrete and usually ship things in plain unmarked boxes. Also, while having a super thick absorbent diaper might sacrifice discreteness, a leaky diaper also cuts down on discreteness too! So you definitely want something that can handle whatever you're planning on throwing at it and then some, you don't want a diaper that holds juuuust enough xD

On 2/8/2023 at 2:47 PM, waguy762 said:

My GF wears always discreets pretty much everyday and hasn’t ever had anyone notice. Dry or wet, she’s usually in the jeans looking leggings. 

Amazing — you’re a lucky guy! Does she wear them just for fun? How does she use them, and how much do they hold? (Like, does she do every pee in them, and change after every pee? Or does she sometimes pull them down and use the toilet, or just pee little squirts in them, or just for emergencies/accidents, etc.?)

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously it's been a month but just in case you or anyone is still asking the same question:

AB retailors online usually (Check first) ship in inconspicuous packaging so there's usually less risk in getting caught when you order online.

Besides that, as others have said, unless you buy diapers that are specifically made to be bulky and ultra absorbent to the point you can wear them for upwards of 16-20 hours and wet them the entire time, they're quite discrete under loose clothing. Please go for a relatively good diaper (If you want to buy from stores Tena briefs, not pullups, are pretty good) over the cheep pullups they sell in grocery stores because leaking is a whole lot more embarrassing than a slightly larger bum.

As for the noise factor, plastic backed diapers are more noisy but cloth backed diapers tend to weep and let out more smells, I find that wearing a pair of shorts or underwear on top of the diaper under your regular pants will cut down on the noise significantly and plastic pants work even better at reducing noise. Additionally once you add on the sound of your regular clothing, and typical background noises, you probably won't hear them unless you're specifically listening for them.

And make sure the waistband is hidden, others have already covered this.

Honestly they are probably among the most stealthy ways to wet yourself, so don't worry too much about someone noticing. 99% of the time you're wearing a diaper is not the first thing people are going to think about if they hear a crinkle or you have a slightly larger bum, so long as you are careful you'll be fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I find Tena tabbed diapers actually rather discreet, like not in tights or tight jeans but in baggy-ish clothes they are good. Surprisingly, Northshores are pretty discreet for a diaper that can hold like three bladders. Once they get wet, obviously that's a different story. But they are plastic backed but amazingly quiet for plastic backed diapers.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:36 PM, rachelkirwan said:

I find Tena tabbed diapers actually rather discreet, like not in tights or tight jeans but in baggy-ish clothes they are good. Surprisingly, Northshores are pretty discreet for a diaper that can hold like three bladders. Once they get wet, obviously that's a different story. But they are plastic backed but amazingly quiet for plastic backed diapers.

I second this, the Northshores are surprisingly stealthy unless already pretty wet. If you need the best of both worlds (stealthiness and still pretty good absorbency) and you don't mind cottonfeel I'd pitch the Seni Quattro in there. By far the best cottonfeel diaper I've ever used (probably excluding the ABU Little Kings) and incredibly stealthy, yet thirsty.