Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I've been trying out the original Deus Ex during my free time, awesome game, very based and I gotta say it has a rather interesting mechanic.

You can heal one point of health upon drinking water, that can be from a water-fountain or a water-cooler! For the sake of balance however, you can't just keep spamming those and just drink until your health is full, that would be overpowered! But the way they limited it to make sense within the world you're in, is that after a set number of drinks, the game will prevent you from taking any more from that container for a while, claiming that the object is empty.

And me being the desperation fanatic that I am, immediately what came to mind was the mental image of JC Denton after having downed an entire watercooler's worth of water! Let's hope his bladder is augmented as much as his vision eh? :yurismug:

Have you ever encountered game mechanics like this too? As in, it makes perfect sense in terms of balance, and that is probably the only reason it was introduced, and yet it has some rather golden implications? 😛

50 minutes ago, Tentacool said:

I've been trying out the original Deus Ex during my free time, awesome game, very based and I gotta say it has a rather interesting mechanic.

You can heal one point of health upon drinking water, that can be from a water-fountain or a water-cooler! For the sake of balance however, you can't just keep spamming those and just drink until your health is full, that would be overpowered! But the way they limited it to make sense within the world you're in, is that after a set number of drinks, the game will prevent you from taking any more from that container for a while, claiming that the object is empty.

And me being the desperation fanatic that I am, immediately what came to mind was the mental image of JC Denton after having downed an entire watercooler's worth of water! Let's hope his bladder is augmented as much as his vision eh? :yurismug:

Have you ever encountered game mechanics like this too? As in, it makes perfect sense in terms of balance, and that is probably the only reason it was introduced, and yet it has some rather golden implications? 😛

In Postal 2, you have a bladder that fills up and you can pee on things. You can also taser someone so long that they wet their pants.

31 minutes ago, Tentacool said:

I've seen that! Though I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been a joke about piss kinks in the postal series yet (as far as I know), it seems like it'd be up their alley.

I mean, there’s kind of a joke about it in Postal 2. When you visit the RWS Office, you can piss on Mike J and he’ll start dancing. Not just any dance, he starts twerking and music starts playing. Same music used in that one Gay Nightclub you can visit. I guess RWS finds piss funny because every single Postal game except for Postal 1/Redux features it.

11 hours ago, WetterMesser said:

In Postal 2, you have a bladder that fills up and you can pee on things. You can also taser someone so long that they wet their pants.

Shame that this feature doesn’t exist in Postal 3 or 4. You can’t make people wet themselves at all in Postal 3 or 4 which is a shame. Talk about a downgrade 😔

And yeah, imaginative game mechanics. Head canons? Well in Vanilla World of Warcraft I played a Night Elf Warrior, I always had to drink a ton of potions to buff my stats. My poor girl had to drink a ton of potions and flasks at the start of and during the raids and dungeons, she also needed to hold it the whole way through. Those place definitely didn’t have any kind of toilets, and my warrior’s party was following her around the whole time so she couldn’t pop a squat somewhere. Poor thing. But on the other hand, tough warrior women having to holding their piss is the hottest thing ever.

20 hours ago, Tentacool said:

Let's hope his bladder is augmented as much as his vision eh? /cdn-cgi/mirage/21fa20af606f4ac53adc10535a5fcb6b83001a5436acfabae0f2aaaa33a3136f/1440/https://www.omorashi.org/uploads/emoticons/yurismug-32x32.png

😛

By the way, JC, stay out of the ladies restroom, that kind of activity embarasses the agency more then it does you.

Edited by FilthyPhoenix (see edit history)

But in seriousness though, I'm at least grateful I'm not the only one who's thought of this. As much as I absolutely adore the OG Deus Ex, I could do without the horny part of my brain injecting in my weird kinks at random and...

Spoiler

bombing the immersion harder then you bomb Area 51.

Edited by FilthyPhoenix (see edit history)
9 hours ago, SpectreLaugher said:

I mean, there’s kind of a joke about it in Postal 2. When you visit the RWS Office, you can piss on Mike J and he’ll start dancing. Not just any dance, he starts twerking and music starts playing. Same music used in that one Gay Nightclub you can visit. I guess RWS finds piss funny because every single Postal game except for Postal 1/Redux features it.

Or maybe Mike J is one of us? owo

1 hour ago, FilthyPhoenix said:

But in seriousness though, I'm at least grateful I'm not the only one who's thought of this. As much as I absolutely adore the OG Deus Ex, I could do without the horny part of my brain injecting in my weird kinks at random and...

Reveal hidden contents

bombing the immersion harder then you bomb Area 51.

Idk about you but it only makes me even MORE immersed! ...It makes me wanna pee too 😭

9 hours ago, SpectreLaugher said:

tough warrior women having to holding their piss is the hottest thing ever.

Based.