Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale How about a personals dating section on the board?

1 hour ago, deviatedseptum said:

the mods generally are firm about this site not being a dating site, but I do support this

We generally do not like users posting sensitive location information anywhere on the forums. General information such as country or even state are fine, but when we get to the point that we are advertising what actual cities we live in and so on, it becomes a safety concern, and for this reason we are unlikely to ever create an official board to facilitate this kind of thing.

Some people do develop close relationships on boards like this and may schedule means of meeting up, but all of this is usually done in private and not in an open, public space that anyone can read or access.

We have noted that OmoOrg is not the ideal place to hook-up or date, and this still remains our stance today. I can't really recommend any good alternative sources for this, but this is a type of service that we are not properly equipped or staffed to offer.

41 minutes ago, Kyuu said:

We generally do not like users posting sensitive location information anywhere on the forums. General information such as country or even state are fine, but when we get to the point that we are advertising what actual cities we live in and so on, it becomes a safety concern, and for this reason we are unlikely to ever create an official board to facilitate this kind of thing.

Some people do develop close relationships on boards like this and may schedule means of meeting up, but all of this is usually done in private and not in an open, public space that anyone can read or access.

We have noted that OmoOrg is not the ideal place to hook-up or date, and this still remains our stance today. I can't really recommend any good alternative sources for this, but this is a type of service that we are not properly equipped or staffed to offer.

Hey Kyuu, may I suggest something?

It doesn't have to be endorsed, but would you allow people to make threads with a focus on dating? That way you don't have to develop or host any systems, all that would be necessary is user discretion so that they are careful with what, how and when they share relevant information to set-up dates?

I believe this sounds like a reasonable compromise for the users who seek partners and the mods who would prefer not to go on the monumental task to develop a dedicated system to it.

On 1/15/2023 at 5:24 AM, Tentacool said:

It doesn't have to be endorsed, but would you allow people to make threads with a focus on dating? That way you don't have to develop or host any systems, all that would be necessary is user discretion so that they are careful with what, how and when they share relevant information to set-up dates?

I believe this sounds like a reasonable compromise for the users who seek partners and the mods who would prefer not to go on the monumental task to develop a dedicated system to it.

People in charge would know this best, but I suspect the main thing that would take effort here is moderation, not actually setting up a dating area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can understand why the mods are hesitant (to say the least), the internet is a crazy place.  But I do agree that it would be great to have an easier time meeting people with shared interests.  I'll probably just be content becoming active in the community, and if I'm lucky maybe something could pop up through DMs or maybe the discord.  The Admins not wanting to encourage or facilitate is totally understandable.