Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Society expectations for men.

It have been while i last post here, so bare with me if i am going to too deep heređŸ€Ł

I have contemplated quite a lot in these past few days and one thing what has catch my eyes is the expectations which seem society has for mens. Dont get me wrong here guys but its 2023 now and despite of that it still seems to be norm that men should be strong with physically but specially in mental too. It seems that men should be able to keep strong and not to show their emotions too much and be solid as a rock, men crying is still a little bit of taboo and looked as a sign of weakness.

I think many men can relate on these thoughts and i have my personal perspective it aswell, what is specially sad about this is the fact that there is a quite a few womens who thinks just that way too. Lot of empathy for womens too dont get me wrong but yeah. Once i was spending time outside with my friends and overheard some womens talking about how the other girls boyfriend had a rough time at his life and he apparently had been sad and had a few tears. These womens were talking and looked like they wasnt understand that men got feelings too and men are human beings. I think it was immature behaviour and shouldnt be expected from any sex.

But anyway just my few thoughts, deep or not. what you guys think about this?

• 1 month later...
Guest Simpfan4
On 1/10/2023 at 10:30 PM, Brittanybunny said:

I honestly feel really bad for men. Im a girl, and in my experience in life, women haven’t been great to be around, i have a few girl friends but most have been assholes. We live in a society where women say we should all stick together and protect one another, but the second we dont agree with most feminists point of views on men, we get outcasted. The world has been divided of either you hate all men or you “aren’t a women we claim” as ive been told by women. I dont like how society slaps a label on men about being too weak if they cry but then too weak if they cry too much.

If you are a man who is strong and athletic and want to be protective some women say its toxic masculinity to want to be masculine. However if you are too feminine then you get labeled a pussy. When sexual assault happens to men its less likely to be believed in, when a man gets abused people think he was the one who did something wrong and get laughed at. It fucking sucks for men and i feel really awful because i dont think all men are like this.

To me i dont care of you are masculine buff guy or some guy who likes more girly things. What can happen to women in society happens to men, what women can feel emotionally through abuse and assault men have/can experienced too. Instead of sitting here playing the “who has it worse” game, we should acknowledge that everyone has their own feelings, struggles, past, and personalities, and those shouldn’t make you any different or be less justified or heard just because of gender. 

Most of my friends are guys, who have listened to my struggles, who have stayed up to comfort me as i cry, and have made me laugh when days are down, and ive also listened to them during theirs and done the same, and never once belittled anything, because in my eyes, thats equality. Equality to me is when my guy friends dont judge me or my actions solely because im a girl and believe in me, and i believe in them and don’t judge their actions solely because they are men. 

Most of my best friends have been male, from grade school to now in my Senior years.