Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I had an ultrasound done about 3 years ago to check for prostate caused urine leaks and retention.

I was to drink 1 liter of liquid one hour before my appointment. Even though I was concerned about my ability to hold it , I made it an hour and a half. and drank 2 liters as my ex-wife had to do for hers I wanted to be super full to get it over with quickly  Plus honestly I wanted a challenge .I was plenty full and then some by the time I got there. Unfortunately  the tec was about 40 minutes late.

By that time my bladder was seriously stretched and, I was getting desperate, sitting very stiffly, and starting to squirm.  I sat back with my legs stretched out in front of me to lessen the pressure on my bladder .  I could not find a comfortable position to sit. The pressure in my penis was also strong , and ,I was getting worried I was going to leak.

Finally he took me in. Although he probably was not pushing very hard, it caused sharp pain in my bladder, which was rock hard. This was the worst I had to pee in a long time.

All of this is not news if you have had a ultrasound done of your bladder or pelvic area. But this  part surprised me. He said I was doing a good job of holding it, as my bladder was very distended, appearing large on the image. He said  I was holding 975 Ml , noting that was almost a liter.

Then it was time to pee. I had to squeeze my sphincter muscle  tightly to keep from peeing as I stood up. Buttoning my jeans over my distended bladder would have been difficult, and I had no time to waste. I just made sure I was covered and rushed to the toilet.    I peed  hard, full stream for a good minute.   It went in the toilet, and was not physically measured .I Then another look to see if I was empty.

According to the image, I voided 750ml, leaving just over 200ml inside me.  He said this was completely normal as we routinely urinate only about 75% of our bladders contents. The rest stays behind.  I didn't ask about how my bladder being stretched affected that. 

So apparently for total bladder capacity is 25% more than what you measure after a hold.  My retention was above average due to an enlarged prostate.I have always  wanted to see a full / empty bladder comparison.

I actually got to see the image of my very full, distended bladder. It covered a large section of my lower abdomen. I was shaped round, somewhat oblong, and well defined. Unfortunately, I didn't fully understand what I was looking at. The tec explained it was my bladder , and it was stretched and very full. He said it was holding 975 ml of urine, but not how he determined that.

After I emptied my bladder, he took another image. He said this is your bladder now,holding 200ml. It was much smaller and not so clearly defined.

I was so relieved that the test was over and I had not wet myself, I didn't think about  that I just saw my own bladder full / empty comparison, until later . I wished I could ask for a copy, but he would have thought that strange. I still remember what it looked like though.

In the time it took to complete the test my bladder was painfully full again, and I knew I could not hold it long .  Not wanting to risk an accident I used the toilet next to the scan room for another long pee.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)
On 1/4/2023 at 7:49 PM, wettingman said:

I had an ultrasound done about 3 years ago to check for prostate caused urine leaks and retention.

I was to drink 1 liter of liquid one hour before my appointment. Even though I was concerned about my ability to hold it , I made it an hour and a half. and drank 2 liters as my ex-wife had to do for hers I wanted to be super full to get it over with quickly  Plus honestly I wanted a challenge .I was plenty full and then some by the time I got there. Unfortunately  the tec was about 40 minutes late.

By that time my bladder was seriously stretched and, I was getting desperate, sitting very stiffly, and starting to squirm.  I sat back with my legs stretched out in front of me to lessen the pressure on my bladder .  I could not find a comfortable position to sit. The pressure in my penis was also strong , and ,I was getting worried I was going to leak.

Finally he took me in. Although he probably was not pushing very hard, it caused sharp pain in my bladder, which was rock hard. This was the worst I had to pee in a long time.

All of this is not news if you have had a ultrasound done of your bladder or pelvic area. But this  part surprised me. He said I was doing a good job of holding it, as my bladder was very distended, appearing large on the image. He said  I was holding 975 Ml , noting that was almost a liter.

Then it was time to pee. I had to squeeze my sphincter muscle  tightly to keep from peeing as I stood up. Buttoning my jeans over my distended bladder would have been difficult, and I had no time to waste. I just made sure I was covered and rushed to the toilet.    I peed  hard, full stream for a good minute.   It went in the toilet, and was not physically measured .I Then another look to see if I was empty.

According to the image, I voided 750ml, leaving just over 200ml inside me.  He said this was completely normal as we routinely urinate only about 75% of our bladders contents. The rest stays behind.  I didn't ask about how my bladder being stretched affected that. 

So apparently for total bladder capacity is 25% more than what you measure after a hold.  My retention was above average due to an enlarged prostate.I have always  wanted to see a full / empty bladder comparison.

I actually got to see the image of my very full, distended bladder. It covered a large section of my lower abdomen. I was shaped round, somewhat oblong, and well defined. Unfortunately, I didn't fully understand what I was looking at. The tec explained it was my bladder , and it was stretched and very full. He said it was holding 975 ml of urine, but not how he determined that.

After I emptied my bladder, he took another image. He said this is your bladder now,holding 200ml. It was much smaller and not so clearly defined.

I was so relieved that the test was over and I had not wet myself, I didn't think about  that I just saw my own bladder full / empty comparison, until later . I wished I could ask for a copy, but he would have thought that strange. I still remember what it looked like though.

In the time it took to complete the test my bladder was painfully full again, and I knew I could not hold it long .  Not wanting to risk an accident I used the toilet next to the scan room for another long pee.

When I got one the tech actually told me to pee, stand up and wait 30 seconds, and then try again. She said because my bladder was so full it might not empty fully unless I gave it another chance. I think I did actually fully empty my bladder the second time and it was amazing.

I feel like they always tell people to drink too much water. You only really have to be regular full, not ready to explode full, and they don't tell you that, lol.

My tech was like "good job on having a full bladder" and it was definitely more full than necessary. It's a good story though, at least. 😅 Thanks for sharing yours.

• 3 months later...

I've posted this story on this site before, but I can do it again if you wish. One time, I needed an ultrasound done, but the computers weren't working. Due to this, I had to hold a very full bladder for two hours in a waiting room filled to the brim with patients who were all also waiting for things to get moving. I did my best to hide my discomfort from the other patients, but the pressure in my bladder felt like I was carrying around the entire world's water supply in my abdomen. I kept quickly standing up and sitting back down. There were a few times I felt a strong urge rocket its way up my shaft and I had to squeeze - refusing to recognize the looks other patients were giving me. But in my defense, I was holding an entire night's worth of boiling urine at bay.

Finally, the nurse came over. She was well aware of how long I was holding. (My girlfriend was with me at the time and she has a big mouth, so she made it clear to anyone that would listen about the discomfort I was in). The nurse told me the computers would be down for a while more. She advised that I pee completely and then drink a lot so I could fill back up. I did just that. I peed in the bathroom and it was the best sensation ever of piss rushing through my member!

Afterward, the nurse brought me a few grape juices and I drank them all with some crackers. Eventually, the computers came back. But the bad news was, because there were so many patients, it would still be a while longer until I was seen. Worse, the grape juice did its job of filling me and I was once again squirming. I wanted nothing more than to just pee. I dreaded the thought of losing control in my jeans in front of so many people.

Finally, it was my turn to me checked in. My girlfriend took care of it. I suddenly felt the worst urge yet and I knew I was one step away from soaking the hospital in my golden misery. I was super embarrassed, but I told my girlfriend it was coming out and I needed the restroom NOW!!! My girlfriend was of course worried, fearing I wouldn't have enough for the doctor and all of this was for nothing. But seeing how desperate I was, she told me to go. I rushed to the bathroom and once again, the relief was glorious!

Even as I was rolling (I'm in a wheelchair) to the doctor's room, I could feel my kidneys send down another pot of piss to my bladder. The doctor did the ultrasound. She was quiet and my girlfriend asked nervously, 'Is his bladder full enough?'

To both of our surprise, the doctor replied, 'Oh, yeah. He has a really full bladder!'

Even though I peed five minutes ago, I was once again bursting. And feeling the wand press on my bulge made the pressure nearly unbearable. I was so happy when it was over. The doctor allowed me to use her toilet. My girlfriend helped me inside and shut the door behind me. I peed for three minutes straight. Just three minutes of a straight gush. I decided to stand in front of the toilet. After sitting down for so long, it was nice to finally stretch my legs. (Regarding my disability, walking is challenging, if I stand in one place, I'll be fine). Anyway, I peed for three minutes, a single solid stream.

When I came out, my girlfriend asked me if I was okay. I told her, 'I am now!'

I don't think I've ever been more desperate in my life!

• 4 months later...