Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Favorite words for urine and urination

I love almost all of them depending on the specific situation. Urine, urinate, water, pass/make water, pee, piss, tinkle, void, relieve oneself, empty one's bladder, go to the bathroom, go potty, use the toilet, take a leak, answer nature's call. Also one from my childhood I haven't heard others use much, my mommy when I was first learning to control my little bladder, called it (the act and the liquid result of it) "pinkle", anyone else heard that one?

12 minutes ago, MyTinyBladder said:

I love almost all of them depending on the specific situation. Urine, urinate, water, pass/make water, pee, piss, tinkle, void, relieve oneself, empty one's bladder, go to the bathroom, go potty, use the toilet, take a leak, answer nature's call. Also one from my childhood I haven't heard others use much, my mommy when I was first learning to control my little bladder, called it (the act and the liquid result of it) "pinkle", anyone else heard that one?

I like alliterative phrases . . . pee my pants, piss my pants, drench my drawers, soak my shorts, tinkle my trackies, etc.

"Pinkle" is German, as in "Auch nein!  Ich hab in mein Bett gepinkelt."  (gepinkelt is an inflection of pinkle)

When I'm feeling particularly childish, sometimes peepee is the winner.  When I'm feeling particularly naughty, piss is the inner. 

I used to think words like pee or tinkle we're too infantile, but the words really grew on me. If the person/character speaking uses more crass terms like piss etc and have reverted to softer dialect, I feel like it insinuates more desperation and helplessness. 

Tl;Dr: everyone's a tough person until they're about to pee their self.

piss is pretty much perfect. but i also kinda have a thing for mad scientists, or someone like that using medical terminology as opposed to any slang vernacular. for example, urine or urinate instead of pee, or phrases like 'my bladder seems to be increasing in capacity'. slowly getting more desperate and eventually being reduced down to giving in and using slang instead (example- 'i desperately need to urinate' turning into 'pleeeease let me pee'). idk, I don't seem much of that in writing or art except for my own. 

On 12/29/2022 at 12:12 PM, The Dark Wolf said:

Mainly "pee" or "wet". Also "going to the bathroom in her pants/shorts/underwear/etc." For desperation leading to a wetting, "go to the bathroom" or "go potty" or "really needed to go" or "have to pee really badly".

I'm also a big fan of "went to the bathroom" applied generally in wetting/messing scenarios. To me, it emphasizes the completeness of an accident, suggesting the person in question voided completely and doesn't have to go anymore. There's also something charming about how ineffectual the euphemism is, especially paired with soaked or messy pants 

1 hour ago, Zhannapeed623 said:

Pee, peeing, peed, pees, peeing my pants, peed my pants, pee myself. Anything with the word pee in it. That's what I grew up with, and what I heard the most. Like, sitting in final exams sophomore year of high school, trying to hide that I was peeing my pants, and then hearing from the girl next to me, "umm... Mrs. Duncan, Hannah is peeing her pants" .... 😭💔🤦‍♀️☠️

How did that situation come about?

I can pretty much go any way. I've used pee, piss, tinkle, pee-pee, whiz, leak, urinate, go, do business, answer nature's call, and all manner of roundabout entendres. Writing so much really necessitates finding new words. Even "make water" has found its way in. However, "number one" has rarely popped up.

One I've been more into as of late is using words incorrectly, my particular choice being "gonna emergency my pants".

• 2 weeks later...

I like "piss" the most, both as a noun and a verb. It's empatic and goes hard. I also like the trope names for urine-related stuff: "potty emergency" for desperation and "potty failure" for accidents. There was also a euphemysm the proper form of which I can't remember for the life of me. I only remember that it's connected with comparing a penis to a snake. It sounds something like "drown the snake", or "let the snake out" or whatever

Guest Tena Lady

I love when a woman says that she’s “dribbled” or “piddled” when she’s had an accident, usually a sneeze or cough pee. I think it’s the minimisation of the accident as if it’s not a big deal, that I love! Similar to the American “tinkled”

13 hours ago, Marty Silver said:

I like "piss" the most, both as a noun and a verb. It's empatic and goes hard. I also like the trope names for urine-related stuff: "potty emergency" for desperation and "potty failure" for accidents. There was also a euphemysm the proper form of which I can't remember for the life of me. I only remember that it's connected with comparing a penis to a snake. It sounds something like "drown the snake", or "let the snake out" or whatever

Could the phrase have been "drain the snake"? That's the only one I can think of.