Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I made a trip to Diaper Minister. Here are my experiences.

I have realized I am into diapers for quite some time now. I have bought and tried Tena Slips, Drynites, some cheap medical pullups, even Pampers. I bought all of them offline. The reason for that is the same reason many only buy online. Discretion. 

I am personally not that much worried about people knowing I buy diapers. When I am buying diapers, especially at some kind of retail store, I am one of many people that day buying products, and while not that many customers my age will buy diapers that day I am one of hundreds and I will be forgotten at some point. And even if I am remembered, the details will fade away with time. I can also wear a face mask which conceals parts of my face, and thanks to Covid this is completely normal now. Additionally, paying with cash has the advantage of not leaving any traces on my bank account, and there is also no shipping to worry about - which also needs addresses and names to work with.

I always wanted to try out some other diaper brands. Ordering them at a specialized store is almost the only option for that. As you know, there are not that many alternatives in terms of stores which have many options in brands. There are even less which allow you to buy in person, most of them are ABDL stores, which are either in northern Germany or the Netherlands. This is what differentiates Diaper Minister for me, it is located near Strasbourg, putting it in a range which allows me to drive there, make my purchases and return home on the same day.

It was my first time driving out of country all by my own and it was quite the experience. In hindsight, I was not prepared very well. I was surprised by street charges, for example. Even more of a surprise was the fact that there are not enough truck drivers for gas delivery in France and some stations just run dry because of this. Also I am sure you most of you heard the prejudice of French people not speaking any other languages. It is not completely true, but also not unreasonable to say. When I arrived in the street where diaper minister is located I did not find any signs indicating which number on the street the buildings are, so I asked some locals if they could help me in finding number 17 and I had difficulties making myself understood even with really easy sentenses. Even in the store, which I suspected to have quite the international clientele, English was not the optimal choice. But I was lucky, the store owner speaks German so I could make my order in German.

When you are looking for the physical store of diaper minister, there is no big sign that says "diaper minister", which is why I had difficulties finding the store. The store has a sign saying "Drybox" which I imagine is the official name of the enterprise. After I went home I looked it up in the internet, wondering if I missed something in my preparation, but the website does not indicate anything in this regard. The store is just a big warehouse, with no real entrance. Luckily a door for trucks was opened and I saw a few diapers peeking out of some boxes, so I figured that I was in the right place. If you also want to make the same trip and do not find the door for logistics opened, on the left there is a smaller iron door with a bell, it might take a minute for someone coming though. 

The staff there was nice, I think some of them might be into diapers as well. I did not see any cameras, so I did not feel the need to wear my face mask. It is probably a good idea to make a shopping list yourself with all the items you want and to just go down the list, you cannot expect a huge display of the available articles, the store is practically just a logistics centre and most of the items are boxed. I got a bit of advice on which diapers I might want to try, but also not that much. Surprisingly, my German was more useful than my English. I was able to communicate very well with who I think is the owner of the store. Most customers probably do speak German or French there anyways, so I guess that is a nonissue for most people. I got help loading everything in my car and they even put all the articles into boxes for me for discretion, after I asked for it. One of the boxes was a tad too big for my liking as I carried it home, I recommend asking for smaller boxes which are easier to carry.

Overall I went home with a highly sufficient supply of diapers. I am not sure if I will go there again, due to the long way, but I liked the experience and I will probably buy there again - maybe online.

Also a notice: I wrote this article a few days after I made the trip, but I will be posting it on Omorashi.org in December to quietly remain under my alias :). If you have any questions, feel free to ask.