Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale Embarassing incident while buying in a store

Well, well, well, it's been a minute or two since I last posted - but since this happened yesterday, I figured I'd share.

I was out gathering some supplies for the week, but decided to do my shopping in a huge store, like thousands of square meters.
This means that they have a large variety of products that smaller stores wouldn't have.

Now I'm actually apartment-sitting for someone at the moment, so I'm away from home, and have not been able to wear diapers for a few weeks. So as I walked through this store it struck me; surely they must have some diapers around here.

As it would have it, they did. (Tena pull ups - the bad ones... But hey, beggers can't be choosers.)
Of course,after a lot of standing around in the general area attempting to look like I didn't desperately want to grab the diapers and go - I managed to snatch a pack.

Since this is not the town I live in, I wasn't really afraid of meeting anyone I knew, but I have never made a habit of buying in stores, (Even if there's something exiting about it.) The past few times have always included very cute similarily-aged register employees, which kills me on the inside.

To my slight horror, there was only one register open (it was early in the morning, in the evenings they usually have like 15). So I stood in line, and attempted to keep composure as I hoped nobody came up behind me anytime soon. Internally, I already imagined the embarassment of the package being scanned.

Fortunately, my mind decided to wake up, and I spotted the self-checkout. Great, right?.. Well this is where things went wrong.

There was an employee standing at the self-checkout, of course. As it would have it, it was indeed a similarily aged, attractive woman. 
It did slightly worry me, but if I was quick she would be unlikely to notice, right?

Well I grabbed a bag, proceeded to very quickly, with the speed of a Godlike cashier, scan the pack of diapers and yeet them into the bag as the first thing. Nothing wrong so far, all good...right?

Well, I scan my next item and bag it, when the machine says "call employee for help". I was internally screaming. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu----

I bit the dust and was like "Uhm, 'scuse me, it says I have to call on an employee." (Usually, they just scan a card and move on.... But this lady decided to actually check the bag (yes, she was just doing her job, but goddam it-) which contained the diapers and soap.

She said nothing and proceeded to type in a code whereafter the thing started working again. I awkwardly thanked her and proceeded to scan my stuff, before speedwalking the hell out of there.

Mannn, why does it always have to go like that? Well, I definitely remembered the situation later in the day.... after having gotten back 'home' and put on a 'diaper' for the first time in a few weeks.

Was it worth it? Probably not. But f*ck it, I know it'll probably happen again. Happy new year, fellas, thanks for reading!

Feel free to drop your own similar experiences!

11 hours ago, DiaperedBoy52 said:

I feel your pain lol

Half a year ago i had a similar situation where i ordered drynites, tenas, and lube..

Then when the guy came out from the back with my stuf they werent even packaged... 

I felt that i could have sunk in shame after that 

Yup, that is the definition of pain! Seriously, it should just be completely normalized to have stuff discretely packaged when ordering anything, anywhere.

I have two distinct experiences in fairly recent memory, of similar caliber. Once when I ordered to a pharmacy for pick-up, and I had to ask for a bag after the awfully pretty cashier lady brough out a pack of tenas for full display.... and another time when the company I ordered from had sent the goods in a box with "Abena" written on it, and the f*cking label beside where the worker in the package shop would have to scan to confirm pickup... it LITERALLY said "Abena L3 tape diapers"... Needless to say I reached out via Email to the company I ordered from. (Mistakes happen, I wasn't being a Karen about it - but Goddamnit that was not fun. To make it worse, I had to carry the large cardboard box like half a mile on full display. xD)

The new trash sorting policy in my area now prescribes light-purple transparent plastic bags for the category that includes used incontinence products.

Since the pick-up service comes one morning per week, you really want to be the last person in the previous night to bring your bag of used nappies down to the common collection bins.

In partial compensation for your own risk of exposure, you can have fun checking the trash of the neighborhood 🕵️ 🔎

Edited by Bonsai (see edit history)
22 hours ago, Bonsai said:

The new trash sorting policy in my area now prescribes light-purple transparent plastic bags for the category that includes used incontinence products.

Since the pick-up service comes one morning per week, you really want to be the last person in the previous night to bring your bag of used nappies down to the common collection bins.

In partial compensation for your own risk of exposure, you can have fun checking the trash of the neighborhood 🕵️ 🔎

Oh damn.... That sounds like, actual breach of privacy or something, but I guess they make the rules.

Hey, maybe you find someone else who wears diapers as a result, aye? But yeah that one definitely sounds painful. 😳

5 hours ago, TimmyTrihard69 said:

I always just tell myself that they probably think it’s for like an old relative or something. Most people wouldn’t wonder if you’re into diapers or not, unless THEY are too… which I don’t mind. 

Well I suppose you have a pretty good point there. I guess I'm probably just paranoid.

But at least when I buy Tena Men diapers (which is like 90% of what stores have here- ) in a size one could imagine being for me, I just can't help but worry at least a little.

Well, I have been meaning to share this experience, but just not gotten around to it yet… a bit different than the above, but oh so embarrassing. 

I had to attend a family event in Scandinavia for Christmas… it resulted in me flying from Amsterdam to Oslo. I have my own room / bath in our mountain cabin, so although family would be close, I knew I would have some sneaky diaper time also. I placed 4 Tena Slip Maxi in an opaque plastic bag, and packed it in the middle of my cabin roller. I travel quite a bit, and have not had any bad experiences for a long time, so don’t even really think much about it. 

I arrive at a rather busy Schiphol airport and finally get to my security screening. Unlike many airports they actually insist you keep all items in the bags. Don’t remove laptops etc. The usual limitations exist for liquids and gels however. I didn’t bring any of that, as I have it in the cabin, so I knew I would be straight through. I pass through fine, but I notice my cabin bag being diverted to the secondary screening lane… noooo… a couple of bags went before me.. the airport staff didn’t seem to bothered or too thorough, good! My turn. The airport security employee (a young woman) asks me to open the bag. I do. Aren’t they trained to open a zip? She then starts to carefully remove the top layer of items. Boom, diaper bag suddenly fully exposed. She stops, and sneaks her hand into an internal pocket. Pulls out a sunscreen from about 3 years back. “Why didn’t you keep this with your other liquids?” Well, I didn’t even realise it was in there, so “sorry” was all I could come up with. She seemed annoyed by me so she proceeded to remove just about everything. Diaper bag still left in tact… she seemed satisfied with what she had seen and started to (surprisingly carefully) return items to the bag. But first… she picks up the plastic bag - “what is in here?”. I think the fact that I had knotted the bag shut got the better of her curiosity. “Errm, that is just medical equipment” I kind of stuttered. She looked confused. She asked me to open it. I tried again; “this contains personal medical hygiene supplies, and I would appreciate some discretion”. “Ok just open it please” - she replies. I unify the knot and pass it to her. She looks in, puts her hand in, and passes it back without comment. I don’t bother with a new knot, and just give it straight back for her to return to the travel bag. 

No further words are spoken, and I am given just one final piece of communication from her, in the way of a look.. I couldn’t tell.. was it a look of pity… a look of surprise.., a look of disappointment?… I really don’t know, but I will not forget her look any time soon. I am so glad she didn’t pour them out on the counter, as so many people were standing around waiting their bag-opening-doom…. Obviously all nosy and watching the poor sucker at the front of the queue. But I was left red-faced from all of this. 

Again, this is a rare occasion, usually if It gets close, the employees take my hint when I suggest what might be within the diaper bag… they might give it a quick feel, and even send back through the scanner, but it is a long time since I was last instructed to show and tell…  I don’t want to put anybody off travelling with diapers. Just do it. 

take care and happy new year to you all. 
andrew

8 hours ago, soakingboy said:

Well, I have been meaning to share this experience, but just not gotten around to it yet… a bit different than the above, but oh so embarrassing. 

I had to attend a family event in Scandinavia for Christmas… it resulted in me flying from Amsterdam to Oslo. I have my own room / bath in our mountain cabin, so although family would be close, I knew I would have some sneaky diaper time also. I placed 4 Tena Slip Maxi in an opaque plastic bag, and packed it in the middle of my cabin roller. I travel quite a bit, and have not had any bad experiences for a long time, so don’t even really think much about it. 

I arrive at a rather busy Schiphol airport and finally get to my security screening. Unlike many airports they actually insist you keep all items in the bags. Don’t remove laptops etc. The usual limitations exist for liquids and gels however. I didn’t bring any of that, as I have it in the cabin, so I knew I would be straight through. I pass through fine, but I notice my cabin bag being diverted to the secondary screening lane… noooo… a couple of bags went before me.. the airport staff didn’t seem to bothered or too thorough, good! My turn. The airport security employee (a young woman) asks me to open the bag. I do. Aren’t they trained to open a zip? She then starts to carefully remove the top layer of items. Boom, diaper bag suddenly fully exposed. She stops, and sneaks her hand into an internal pocket. Pulls out a sunscreen from about 3 years back. “Why didn’t you keep this with your other liquids?” Well, I didn’t even realise it was in there, so “sorry” was all I could come up with. She seemed annoyed by me so she proceeded to remove just about everything. Diaper bag still left in tact… she seemed satisfied with what she had seen and started to (surprisingly carefully) return items to the bag. But first… she picks up the plastic bag - “what is in here?”. I think the fact that I had knotted the bag shut got the better of her curiosity. “Errm, that is just medical equipment” I kind of stuttered. She looked confused. She asked me to open it. I tried again; “this contains personal medical hygiene supplies, and I would appreciate some discretion”. “Ok just open it please” - she replies. I unify the knot and pass it to her. She looks in, puts her hand in, and passes it back without comment. I don’t bother with a new knot, and just give it straight back for her to return to the travel bag. 

No further words are spoken, and I am given just one final piece of communication from her, in the way of a look.. I couldn’t tell.. was it a look of pity… a look of surprise.., a look of disappointment?… I really don’t know, but I will not forget her look any time soon. I am so glad she didn’t pour them out on the counter, as so many people were standing around waiting their bag-opening-doom…. Obviously all nosy and watching the poor sucker at the front of the queue. But I was left red-faced from all of this. 

Again, this is a rare occasion, usually if It gets close, the employees take my hint when I suggest what might be within the diaper bag… they might give it a quick feel, and even send back through the scanner, but it is a long time since I was last instructed to show and tell…  I don’t want to put anybody off travelling with diapers. Just do it. 

take care and happy new year to you all. 
andrew

Oh wow, man, that one sounds yikess... She comes off as a little rude as well, which isn't hard to imagine for airport employees. (I don't fly much, take that opinion with a grain of salt.)

Glad you made it through - at least you got a story to share, eh? Ehhh? (Sorry)

Fortunately for me, only bag check I had to experience was at a concert, and that was so quick it was over before it began. (Though the lady definitely did see the diapers in there... man, I didn't even end up changing, what a waste.)<
... Maybe I just jinxed myself. Lol

Happy new year, mate!