Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Minimizing Smell from Messes

Hello! So I started dating an AB and he is into messing his diaper and I am on board but I am nervous about smells. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for minimizing smell…. supplements or even that stuff detectives put under their nose so they don’t smell decomp. Nose clips? Nose plugs? Do it outdoors? I’m nervous. 

At first, it may just be that I’m around when it happens but I would eventually like to be able to change him and I want to make it comfortable for us both. 

Chlorophyll. You can buy pills that really work at reducing the smell of messes. The only problem is your poops will be green and it changes the smell of your pee and sometimes makes your tummy strange.

I tried these out once for fun and I didn't like what they did to the smell of my pee, which I love, but I'd recommend this! 

https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/chlorophyllin#:~:text=Chlorophyllin has been used in,terminal illness%2C or other disorders.

Chlorophyll was already mentioned. I've never tried it but heard that it works

I just did a quick google search and it looks like having a diet high in sulfur rich foods like meats and garlic and "cruciferous vegetables" like broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and others can contribute to being stinkier. So avoiding those might help, but he'd probably have to do it at least 2-3 days leading up to it which might be asking too much

I also want to add that diapers can prevent smell all on their own pretty well. I was actually kind of surprised at how well lol. But of course during changes they can't contain it and they don't contain it 100%

On 12/25/2022 at 6:11 AM, soakingboy said:

Just keep in mind, taking chlorophyllin for longer periods can increase your chances of sunburn if you expose your skin to the sun… 

Not an issue however if you live in shitty-weather-land, like me 🤣 🌧 🌬 ⛈ ❄️ 

Definitely! And also green poops! Perfect for St. Patrick's Day...