Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How do you excuse yourself? Or, when you're in the middle of conversation with a person or group and need to excuse yourself for the restroom, what's your ''go to' way of saying it?

I find the topic a bit interesting because the way you word it depends on your personality. Personally, although I act tough in real life, "bro" this "bro" that, any topic related to pee I am shy towards, and to an awfully embarrassing degree. When ever my buds bring up the subject, I purposely stay quiet until we've moved onto something else. Whenever I excuse myself, I can't even bring myself to say the word restroom. My go to is, "I'll be back," and I leave. If I get unlucky and they ask for elaboration, I awkwardly brush it off and leave again. It's made me look like an asshole a couple of times, but there's not much I can do about that. I honestly applaud you confident bladder people who publicly wet themselves. If I ever attempted that stuff, I'd probably pass out. I don't believe my way of excusing myself reflects my general character at all, and it's all kinda silly to think about.

Ok now, enough about me. How do you excuse yourself, and does it reflect your overall personality?

3 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I usually just say I'm going to go to the bathroom or I just get up without saying anything and go to the bathroom.

I simply can't imagine just walking up and away from an ongoing conversation!

It's probably just the way I was raised because if I did that as a child, I would have definitely got slapped for being disrespectful.

Edited by OmoJell (see edit history)

@OmoJell

"I simply can't imagine just walking up and away from an ongoing conversation!

It's probably just the way I was raised because if I did that as a child, I would have definitely got slapped for being disrespectful."

I wouldn't walk away if I was just in the middle of a conversation, then I would say I'm going to go to the bathroom. But if I was just sitting there with a bunch of people and I wasn't talking to anyone I would just get up and go to the bathroom and wouldn't announce it was what I was trying to say I suppose.

5 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

But if I was just sitting there with a bunch of people and I wasn't talking to anyone I would just get up and go to the bathroom and wouldn't announce it was what I was trying to say I suppose.

Ah, I guess I didn't consider that. On a quick note, it's great to find another fellow introvert on this site, inner shy unite 💪😄

Edited by OmoJell (see edit history)

@OmoJell

"Ah, I guess I didn't consider that. On a quick note, it's great to find another fellow introvert on this site, inner shy unite"

Trust me you are not alone in that, you are in good company. It has been my experience people with fetishes and people who hang out on the Internet a lot are mostly shy and introverted. I think in places like this we might be the majority.

While I don't think i could ever have been really described as "pee shy", when I was a kid I would never, ever say I was going to the bathroom. If I simply couldn't hold it anymore I'd say "I'll be right back" and race off as though the reason I was disappearing wouldn't have been obvious. Now, I'm more likely to say "I'm going to take a leak" or "use the facilities" or whatever. I still usually wouldn't say "I'm going to pee".

Obviously, language also depends a bit on circumstance. In a bar or whatever you tend to be a bit more relaxed and free with speech. At a nice dinner or professional setting I might say "Is there some place I can wash up?" or similar without alluding to specifics.

I've also noticed that while I can be fairly profane in my more casual speech I never use terms like piss for some reason (I mean, except to say "pissed off" or similar). It always seems slightly jarring when other people to me when other people do it. But drop all sorts of f-bombs and I don't bat an eye! 

Generally speaking too, I'll try and wait for a discreet moment to slip off but if that doesn't present itself I will speak up. It took some getting to that point though as it was more of an issue in years past where I hated to draw that type of attention to myself.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:16 PM, OmoJell said:

How do you excuse yourself? Or, when you're in the middle of conversation with a person or group and need to excuse yourself for the restroom, what's your ''go to' way of saying it?

I find the topic a bit interesting because the way you word it depends on your personality. Personally, although I act tough in real life, "bro" this "bro" that, any topic related to pee I am shy towards, and to an awfully embarrassing degree. When ever my buds bring up the subject, I purposely stay quiet until we've moved onto something else. Whenever I excuse myself, I can't even bring myself to say the word restroom. My go to is, "I'll be back," and I leave. If I get unlucky and they ask for elaboration, I awkwardly brush it off and leave again. It's made me look like an asshole a couple of times, but there's not much I can do about that. I honestly applaud you confident bladder people who publicly wet themselves. If I ever attempted that stuff, I'd probably pass out. I don't believe my way of excusing myself reflects my general character at all, and it's all kinda silly to think about.

Ok now, enough about me. How do you excuse yourself, and does it reflect your overall personality?

Usually I just get up and go or say I’ll be back

On 11/27/2022 at 7:16 PM, OmoJell said:

I gotta talk to a man about a horse...

No, I just get up and go...

I feel like, and this is just my opinion and what I've picked up through life, people don't mind when you have to empty the tank. For me when I need to go in a social setting, I say while exhaling, "imma hit the head real fast." Or if I'm in a household I've never been in, I simply say, "where is your bathroom?" My friend girls normally just announce "I'm gonna go pee," and get right up and go. Same with my male friends. Everyone has their niche phrases too. But the most important thing to remember, everyone pees and poops. It's nothing to be be nervous about. I was self conscious growing up because of this fetish and it took time to break out of that. I still have trouble with stage fright sometimes, but excusing myself has become a breeze the more I do it. Even during a deep or dope conversation, I'll excuse myself in the middle of it. Or continue talking with the door cracked (only after drinking because my confidence and bladder are full send). And with announcing it, especially around someone you like in a solo setting, they'll come with you. Then they will pee Infront of you because the sound activates their bladder. 9/10 times, that's the moment I tell the significant other that I find them peeing cute. Doesn't expose yourself outright, and if you get a negative reaction you can play it off like "the look of relief is cute. I make the same face receiving a back rub." Or something along those lines.