Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What would it take for women to pee outside by their car on road trips? Does squatting made it riskier/more vulnerable?

I was recently driving on a stretch of road for a day trip without any restrooms and I was so glad I am a guy as I drank a lot of coffee and had to pee outside at least 3 times and I estimate each time was at least 700mL. I had no issues with peeing outside as I just stood next to my car and peed on the tires/door. However, it made me wonder what would it take for girls to go outside? At all times I made sure no one could see me and no one did see me but I also couldnt help but wonder if I had to squat to pee would I have been so brave and just peed on the road side/parking lots? It just feels that by squatting you are a lot more vlunerable and can no longer see if other people are nearby as you go pee because as a guy when I stand to pee I can still see if a car is coming and if a car is coming I can quickly stop peeing and pretend to do something else while if I was squatting that is a lot harder to do? 

As a male we can stand with our backs to passing traffic, and while perhaps people won't actually see us peeing , if they are interested they can take a good guess what we are doing. Standing there we  have a better view of someone approaching and move  a bit to block their view. It is always possible we are looking at or for something.  As for myself I will only stop if I can't hold it any longer and there is enough space that I can step off the roadway to not be seen. 

A female squating is more obviously peeing, but it does make them smaller , thus less visible.    On the other hand more of their body is exposed including all their lowerr private parts. They can more easily hide behind something. The downside is obviously much more difficult to look around and too move if necessary. 

As to why would they do it is obvious. They are desperate to pee.  Given their anatomy,  they are likely to try to hold it longer , suffer through more pain and only go if they are about to wet their pants.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

I'm female and I've wondered about this for ages, I know many women who have no issues peeing outdoors, but I have no clue how they do it. I have a bad back and legs so I can't balance myself to squat down. I know there are stand to pee devices for women, but I don't know how women use them without being seen. A friend of mine once told me one of her family members would ware long dresses with no underpants so she could pee outside without any one knowing. She would just stand outside and let it flow. Perhaps it should just be socially acceptable for everyone to pee outside, humans are the only species that don't do their business outside on a regular basis, so perhaps we're the ones doing the whole elimination thing wrong. Perhaps if we could do our business outdoors and still be sanitary life would be a lot easier.

16 hours ago, MaleOmoFan94 said:

I'm female and I've wondered about this for ages, I know many women who have no issues peeing outdoors, but I have no clue how they do it. I have a bad back and legs so I can't balance myself to squat down. I know there are stand to pee devices for women, but I don't know how women use them without being seen. A friend of mine once told me one of her family members would ware long dresses with no underpants so she could pee outside without any one knowing. She would just stand outside and let it flow. Perhaps it should just be socially acceptable for everyone to pee outside, humans are the only species that don't do their business outside on a regular basis, so perhaps we're the ones doing the whole elimination thing wrong. Perhaps if we could do our business outdoors and still be sanitary life would be a lot easier.

I remember you expressed an interest in diapers elsewhere, and they're certainly one option for women to pee standing up/discreetly outdoors!

@MaleOmoFan94

"I'm female and I've wondered about this for ages, I know many women who have no issues peeing outdoors, but I have no clue how they do it. I have a bad back and legs so I can't balance myself to squat down. I know there are stand to pee devices for women, but I don't know how women use them without being seen."

Yes I agree fully, there are many people who seem to suggest that it's really easy to just pee outdoors but I honestly don't know how people have the gymnastics to do it. As soon as I even start bending at the knees without even fully squatting I start falling over backwards on my ass. And it's true that using a female urinary device I think you would still have to pull down your pants in a very obvious way. I think it would be very obvious with a woman was doing using one of those urinary devices, women just can't pee as easily and discreetly as guys, the logistics just seem to make it impossible.

20 hours ago, MaleOmoFan94 said:

Perhaps it should just be socially acceptable for everyone to pee outside, humans are the only species that don't do their business outside on a regular basis, so perhaps we're the ones doing the whole elimination thing wrong. Perhaps if we could do our business outdoors and still be sanitary life would be a lot easier.

I'm in total agreement with you.

Admittedly, it may be a little easier for me because I'm male. But, most all the women I've hiked with seem to have no problem peeing outdoors. In fact, quite a few seem to enjoy it far more than just answering a basic need.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, MaleOmoFan94 said:

7 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@MaleOmoFan94

"I'm female and I've wondered about this for ages, I know many women who have no issues peeing outdoors, but I have no clue how they do it. I have a bad back and legs so I can't balance myself to squat down. I know there are stand to pee devices for women, but I don't know how women use them without being seen."

Yes I agree fully, there are many people who seem to suggest that it's really easy to just pee outdoors but I honestly don't know how people have the gymnastics to do it. As soon as I even start bending at the knees without even fully squatting I start falling over backwards on my ass. And it's true that using a female urinary device I think you would still have to pull down your pants in a very obvious way. I think it would be very obvious with a woman was doing using one of those urinary devices, women just can't pee as easily and discreetly as guys, the logistics just seem to make it impossible.

With my spouse it's definitely easier if you have something to hold onto. For emergency pee breaks on the road she will balance against the door or hold the car door, or if it's in nature you can hold onto a tree.

I think that it helps if you were trained from a young age how to squat, nowadays Western toilets are seen worldwide even in developing countries, but even as late as the 90's and 2000's if you were from Europe or Asia you would've used squatting toilets exclusively. You know how they have fake toilets or potties for toilet training kids? In Asian countries they have potties shaped like actual bikes where you have to get into a squatting position to use it (legs separated and arms outwards like riding a bike lol). I grew up with many asian women in my family who were born in different countries and even with western toilets nowadays they still leave the door open, no lights, and squat or hover (even in our own house not just public toilets) rather than sit because that's how their toilets were when they grew up (in the worst case the toilet would just be a hole in the center of their rural village)

It sounds silly but I've definitely met many women from developing countries who have very strong leg muscles for squatting since they had to do it their whole life but it would definitely be tough to do as an adult. I've met many women from farming families too who had strong leg muscles because they were used to squatting over nasty outhouses. 

@John

"It sounds silly but I've definitely met many women from developing countries who have very strong leg muscles for squatting since they had to do it their whole life but it would definitely be tough to do as an adult. I've met many women from farming families too who had strong leg muscles because they were used to squatting over nasty outhouses."

Yeah my legs tend to ache just walking up the stairs so it's safe to say I do not fall into that category of women with strong leg muscles. Honestly my cat can bolt to the top of the stairs before I can even get up one step!

I've said before and experienced with girlfriends that it's really hard to see squatting pees in detail except from very close range.  Recently I was out walking and saw a car pulled close to the edge with doors open to make a shield and I suppose I could guess that somebody was trying to pee, but it's not as if I had a close-up vulva or something and the vast majority of us willv surely not approach.  I remember an old friend telling me that peeing outdoors (obviously not in very busy places) was as easy or difficult as she chose to make it.  My most recent ex was nervous about it, but even standing guard I couldn't see her privates (to my dismay!) without squatting right down in front of her and making a big effort. Somebody from a distance would know she was going pee, but what would they do from there? 

Edited by rebeljaffa (see edit history)
On 11/27/2022 at 10:35 PM, Angusburger said:

Or how about guys- how desperate do you need to be to pee outside by your car and are you embarrassed by it 

I would have to be bursting beyond all bursting belief to even consider it. I absolutely detest urinating in public and would do everything I could before resorting to that. Even then, I would likely rather wet myself than risk being caught urinating.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a car myself but most of my female friends seem afraid to squat pretty much anywhere at all, I grew up in the middle of nowhere so I've probably peed outside more than inside, haha.

For this simple reason a road trip with two of those female friends was holding-hell, whereas with one of my male friends groups we just stopped and all peed by the side of the road. Though I live in a part of Sweden that is very wilderness-y still so even though it was right next to a major road finding some cover wasn't difficult. It would be very different if there wasn't much cover or the area was a lot more populated. In that situation, yeah, I'd get pretty damn desperate before I decide to squat anywhere.

It actually has happened once when we were going to a major town and through more populated areas, my male friends were all able to pee when I wasn't. They tried to hold it until they could find somewhere I could go as well but eventually they just got too desperate and had to stop to pee right near a town. I eventually had to pee in a bottle because I just couldn't wait.

• 1 month later...
Guest Simpfan4
On 11/26/2022 at 3:10 PM, Angusburger said:

I was recently driving on a stretch of road for a day trip without any restrooms and I was so glad I am a guy as I drank a lot of coffee and had to pee outside at least 3 times and I estimate each time was at least 700mL. I had no issues with peeing outside as I just stood next to my car and peed on the tires/door. However, it made me wonder what would it take for girls to go outside? At all times I made sure no one could see me and no one did see me but I also couldnt help but wonder if I had to squat to pee would I have been so brave and just peed on the road side/parking lots? It just feels that by squatting you are a lot more vlunerable and can no longer see if other people are nearby as you go pee because as a guy when I stand to pee I can still see if a car is coming and if a car is coming I can quickly stop peeing and pretend to do something else while if I was squatting that is a lot harder to do? 

In squatting, my butt is exposed and I am a lot less comfortable. If someone approached me, I couldn't easily stop peeing, stand up, and cover myself. I would more likely fall over, still peeing, since I'm disabled. I would much rather sit on something and pee with my pants off or go commando under a skirt or dress. So that's sitting on the side irons I use to step up into the pickup truck, or at least leaning against the truck in a short sundress and no panties. Parted legs and going with the flow. I should practice this out at the cabin when the weather warms up. 

I'm happy to squat in the woods where no one can see.. but if yiu are wearing trousers it's very exposed at side of road... skirts make outdoor pees much more subtle...have had to wee next to car in service station car park because was going to wet myself.. pulled back of skirt up (hidden by car) sat open door frame and went through my knickers...

1 hour ago, Uniee said:

I'm happy to squat in the woods where no one can see.. but if yiu are wearing trousers it's very exposed at side of road... skirts make outdoor pees much more subtle...have had to wee next to car in service station car park because was going to wet myself.. pulled back of skirt up (hidden by car) sat open door frame and went through my knickers...

That's actually one of my fantasies to watch haha - well done you 🙂

OK, My input - for what it's worth. Speaking from male perspective. There have been many occasions (I used to spend a lot of time driving around the UK for work) where I would be desperate and no where to go. If possible I would try and find a quiet country lane where I could pull in and go behind a bush. Sometimes it was not possible and would have to use a "pull-in" or lay-by  stand on the non drivers side with the front & back door open to try and make my actions less obvious BUT I'm sure it was as my head & shoulders would be above the roof line.

Did it bother, yes is the answer but when you get to that point there are only two choices 1) find somewhere to go fast or 2) pee in your pants. (much as I enjoy the latter, it's not something I would do in an obvious and public way). 

9 hours ago, Uniee said:

If you go through your knickers, doesn't it then get your skirt (and seat) wet when you sit down again?