Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Aren't you a bit judgmental towards people who can't hold their pee?

I'm specifically asking people with well trained bladders, which is not uncommon here.

Because of our, hmm, favorite practices, we can easily and hassle-free hold a full bladder for a long time in most situations where other people would be frantically searching for a bathroom.

Personally, I tend to forget that not all people are like me. Sometimes, I can be internally annoyed at a friend/acquaintance who would walk out during a movie bothering everyone, or stop and look for a bathroom on our way somewhere when we're already being late. I never show it of course, but sometimes I can't help thinking "c'mon, just hold it in for a bit like an adult!"

I started thinking about it when I read another ultrasound post here and remembered some thread on Twitter I saw back in January. A girl wrote (as far as I remember and can translate):

"Did you know you must have a full bladder for an ultrasound? Waiting in line for the pelvic ultrasound is a fucking torture!"

And there were many people in replies saying things like:

"I was told to drink 1 liter 1 hour in advance, but it's impossible for me, I would just piss my pants, so I only drank half a liter. They made me drink more and wait!"

"I was so desperate when I came to the clinic that I just HAD to use the bathroom, I hoped my bladder will be full again by the time of the appointment, but it wasn't and they told me to come the next day."

"I drank less because I wouldn't be able to hold so much for so long, and they told me my bladder wasn't full enough. But I felt very full, I was really about to explode!"

"They're always saying "not full", what is full enough for them - when the pee starts running down your legs?! I just can't hold as much as they want me too!"

I didn't write anything there but while reading this I couldn't help thinking "ladies, stop whining so much, it's for your own health - the doctors need your bladder to be full to have a good view... and you can't even hold a liter for a couple of hours, what a disgrace!"

I'm well aware I'm being unfair to people with smaller bladders, who are also not used to holding their pee, but be honest: is anyone else here like me, at least sometimes?..

Edited by soo-pis-sed (see edit history)

Not in general because for most of my life I had a small bladder and I do tend to go to the bathroom fairly frequently the majority of the time. Although after my job where I had to hold it for six or seven hours at a time I found myself a little less sympathetic towards other people who had to hold for less than that, so I feel that hardened my attitude a little bit.

But I know that there are a lot of people who are very big holders, sort of like the German woman that everyone knows who holds for 24 hours and seems to feel that those who can hold at least 8 to 12 hours are somehow being ridiculous, so I do think that there is some pride invested in having a large bladder, and I do think people with very large bladders do tend to judge to some degree the people with smaller ones.

Oh yes, this! I'm judgemental because anyone can improve their capacity by training. My current GF held 200ml when we got together, now she can hold 1040ml after occasional training. If she practiced more frequently I'm sure she could hold more. 

People who whinge about needing to pee after drinking little or a short hold get no respect from me. They have no self control. 

1 minute ago, holdit247 said:

Oh yes, this! I'm judgemental because anyone can improve their capacity by training. My current GF held 200ml when we got together, now she can hold 1040ml after occasional training. If she practiced more frequently I'm sure she could hold more. 

People who whinge about needing to pee after drinking little or a short hold get no respect from me. They have no self control. 

Wow, she went from just 200ml to more than a liter? That's very impressive, pass my congrats to her if appropriate!

2 minutes ago, soo-pis-sed said:

How exactly did she practice

My ex trained herself the best I've ever seen. She started at 800ml capacity when we met, already into holding but not the stats. Over a single month, she expanded her capacity to 1800ml. She could never get it any bigger so evidently that was her limit.

By simply waiting to her limit every single day, every single time she had to go. She gave up work, gave up caffeine and drank a LOT more than she had before. If yesterday she lasted 10 minutes after she reached 10 out of 10, today she would force herself to do 20 mins. Tomorrow it would be 30.

She would never ever compromise. If she was bursting, at her limit and holding herself, but had to go out, she would assess whether to pee before leaving based on whether she could make it to the car, not the whole trip.  Thus she pushed herself even harder.

Drinking a lot more liquid gets the bladder used to holding more, and dilutes the pee.  Yellow, concentrated pee contains waste products which irritate the walls of the bladder, to get you to get rid of them.  So diluting your pee with more volume actually makes you need to pee less often, once you've stretched your bladder.  It is only a muscle after all, so can be trained like any other muscle like an athlete would.  Caffeine dehydrates you, making the pee yellower, and is itself an irritant to the bladder, which is why it makes you pee quickly after drinking coffee, cola or an energy drink.

In one month she used her capacity to motivate herself to improve, measuring every time she peed. Today's target was simply to be bigger than yesterday. It all happened really quickly.

Another thing: if we were together she wouldn't pee until we'd had sex. She simply didn't let herself. She averaged 36 orgasms per sex session when full, fewer if empty. 

12 minutes ago, holdit247 said:

Oh good debate. Sex with them both is/was epic when they're full. I'd take either! 

What's your improvement since first ever measuring? 

I've only tried to measure three times in my whole life 😆 Here are some of the details:

The sad part is, soon after admitting my kink, registering here, starting regular holds, measuring etc, I got kidney stones. I believe it was connected. So I tried to quit omo altogether.

I do feel some of you are far too judgemental!

I'd like to think I have at least an average-sized bladder. On the trail, most all my hiking partners need to stop to pee before I do.

But, even on my best days, I've never been able to hold a liter, not even for ten minutes. While I've tried to train it to do better, it appears a lost cause. I have an injury dating back to high school days that causes the clenching muscles to give in once the bladder reaches a certain pressure.

And, now that I'm over 40, I notice I have a prostate. Which means, when I have to pee I HAVE TO PEE, LIKE RIGHT NOW!!! 

9 minutes ago, Holdon said:

Yes, I too heard of people's bladders being stretched over time. Although I do believe it helps a lot having a supportive  'trainer' or helper in this task.

Yes, probably. At the same time, I believe that anatomy can play its role too. I mean, the limit is different for different bodies.

2 minutes ago, glad1 said:

I do feel some of you are far too judgemental!

I'd like to think I have at least an average-sized bladder. On the trail, most all my hiking partners need to stop to pee before I do.

But, even on my best days, I've never been able to hold a liter, not even for ten minutes. While I've tried to train it to do better, it appears a lost cause. I have an injury dating back to high school days that causes the clenching muscles to give in once the bladder reaches a certain pressure.

And, now that I'm over 40, I notice I have a prostate. Which means, when I have to pee I HAVE TO PEE, LIKE RIGHT NOW!!! 

In fact, drinking a liter doesn't mean "holding a liter inside your bladder"! Our body requires water for functioning, also we sweat... I haven't read on it honestly, but personally I feel that if I drink a liter, maybe 650ml at most will end up in my bladder. And it's really not much.

5 minutes ago, soo-pis-sed said:

Yes, probably. At the same time, I believe that anatomy can play its role too. I mean, the limit is different for different bodies.

In fact, drinking a liter doesn't mean "holding a liter inside your bladder"! Our body requires water for functioning, also we sweat... I haven't read on it honestly, but personally I feel that if I drink a liter, maybe 650ml at most will end up in my bladder. And it's really not much.

I know!

I typically drink 4 to 5 liters in a day. Sometimes, I've taken in about half of that since I last peed. As I have a prostate, my bladder usually has to hold 800ml for it to push out 650.

When it comes to walking or visiting a bar or whatever, I'm usually the one that makes a pee stop that delays my friends from doing stuff together that we planned on. But to be fair, I am judgemental when it comes to going to take a shower or a bath and somebody is in the bathroom using a toilet. I noticed that when this happens, the first thought on my mind is "Ffs, you always want to piss just as I'm about to go into the bathroom!"

lmao this thread is super judgemental, I have overactive bladder and me having to pee often has nothing to do with "self control" if I wait too long to use the bathroom after having a bladder spasm, or especially two, I'll just pee my pants so if I'm not looking to do that I have to be vigilante. Also some people just do have smaller bladders lol

@nappypants

"Good to have variety... small/weak bladders are great, more chance of accidents, nappy wearing etc.!"

I think that variation in bladder sizes as well as differing waiting times and opportunities to go to the bathroom are what make desperation stories interesting. If everybody had the same size bladder there would be a lot less tension in the situation where you have big bladdered women and small bladdered women all competing for use of the same toilets.

I can be judgemental toward people who can't hold. One day in high school, one of my classmates was complaining about needing to pee. A classmate decided to torture her by constantly shaking his water bottle, and it made her more desperate. This was my second class in a row with her, and I had seen her leave to pee at the beginning of the last class, about 90 minutes before this story. So I asked, "Wait, didn't you just pee?"

She replied, "Yeah. I go at the start of [name of last class], but I already have to pee again"

"You have a small bladder."

"I dooooo"