Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Grindr/Scruff?

Hey Y'all! 

So...I took The Plunge and put Grindr and Scruff on my phone(I'm Bi As Fuck btw). I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm ready to start looking for my First Boyfriend! 😍

I've had Grindr for about a week now and the response has been nothing short of amazing! I've met so many new wonderful people and I'm making lots of new friends. A few Creeps, but I was totally expecting that. I set up my Scruff Profile this afternoon but if I'm being honest, the UI is a little overwhelming. I'm just gonna have to sit down tomorrow and fiddle with it until I figure it out. 

I'm VERY new to all of this, but I'm having fun nonetheless. The confidence in my body alone has risen by leaps and bounds! In my long history of Mental Illness, this is the first time I've felt this good about myself in YEARS! I feel like I could FINALLY be me!

I Came Out to my best friend the other night. We live in the DEEP 'Hood in Austin, and he's a former Gang Member. We've been talking about getting our own place with increasing seriousness, and in order for things to not be awkward when I inevitably started bringing Guys over I had to tell him. He was TOTALLY cool with it! He said he'd never judge me for something like that. I cried off and on for the rest of the night. My first ever Happy Tears.

So my reason for writing this is to ask any Grindr/Scruff Vets out there for any advice they may have, no matter how obvious it may seem. I know what I'm attracted to and I know what I'm about as far as Kinks go. But chatting up Dudes seems to be something I suck at for some odd reason. I've had several ok chats and a handful of Prospects, but nothing Solid yet.

I'm so glad I did this. I just wish I had all My Shit figured out earlier. I got a lot of lost time to make up for!

Thanks Y'all!

💜

Edited by solous.persona (see edit history)