Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why don't you think this fetish isn't more well known?

I just read a script for a movie that had a pretty drawn-out desperation scene.

I thought it was really odd how the script, which really tried hard to depict male toxicity, had a female near-wetting scene that I would totally get off to. It's almost like they didn't even know our fetish is a thing.

We need to work on our social outreach (or don't, whichever will lead to more scenes like this)

Edited by in2weirdstuff (see edit history)
  • The title was changed to Why don't you think this fetish isn't more well known?

I think it's just because of the fact that adults do have accidents sometimes? Lol. (Obviously moreso if they are incontinent). But I mean, if you go on Tik Tok or Facebook, there's plenty of videos of people who are laughing and peeing their pants because they got a bit too tipsy at a party, some people who just end up peeing whenever they laugh too hard (often if it's a mom who has had kids), etc. It's often thought of as humorous in these instances. 

In a situation where there is like, toxicity in a movie or horror films, I've seen wetting used to highlight the sheer magnitude of the other person's fear. 

And I think that because no one in any of these videos or films are shown to be enjoying what's going on, people might not realize it can be tantalizing to those of us with an omo kink, or even someone with a broader watersports kink. 

I do think that kink is being talked about in a more mainstream way now; I mean, I've seen references to BDSM and foot kinks on sitcoms. Usually if I've heard any mainstream reference to watersports, it's golden showers more than anything else (South Park, for example). 

29 minutes ago, petitewonder said:

I think it's just because of the fact that adults do have accidents sometimes? Lol. (Obviously moreso if they are incontinent). But I mean, if you go on Tik Tok or Facebook, there's plenty of videos of people who are laughing and peeing their pants because they got a bit too tipsy at a party, some people who just end up peeing whenever they laugh too hard (often if it's a mom who has had kids), etc. It's often thought of as humorous in these instances. 

In a situation where there is like, toxicity in a movie or horror films, I've seen wetting used to highlight the sheer magnitude of the other person's fear. 

And I think that because no one in any of these videos or films are shown to be enjoying what's going on, people might not realize it can be tantalizing to those of us with an omo kink, or even someone with a broader watersports kink. 

I do think that kink is being talked about in a more mainstream way now; I mean, I've seen references to BDSM and foot kinks on sitcoms. Usually if I've heard any mainstream reference to watersports, it's golden showers more than anything else (South Park, for example). 

Yes, I second that. I remember reading about a larger study on the commonness of kinks. And I if remember correctly only 16% of the sample were interested in or at least intrigued to try out watersports. And since omo is a very specific subcategory of that it must be much less people on the planet into it. Sadly…

1. It's a niche fetish, so it has a relatively small audience to begin with. (This also has the side effect that those that are into it, are very much into it.)

Here is a little data from Fetlife (all numbers are at the time of this post):

Our weird shit (the best weird shit 😎😞
    Omorashi - 2,380 Kinksters (probably this site had more active users this month 😂)
    bladder desperation/omorashi - 839 Kinksters
    + various super specific related fetishes with less than a 100 people each

Meanwhile, in the "normie" fetish world:
    Bathroom Use Control - 59,507 Kinksters (the closest related cousin IMHO)
    Watersports - 342,087 Kinksters
    Female Ejaculation - 391,976 Kinksters
    Drinking Female Ejaculation - 1,641 Kinksters
    pee - 4,234 Kinksters
    peeing - 1,269 Kinksters
    women peeing. - 1,516 Kinksters (yes, with a dot at the end, for some reason 😂)

2. There are other, vastly more popular fetishes "near" it; golden showers, watersports, pee drinking, even simple "vanilla" peeing. For an outsider it's not readily apparent that omorashi is even a thing - they just see it as general pee fetish content, when they encounter it. Sometimes even participants, who post their own content online don't know! I remember the halcyon days of pre-NSFW ban tumblr, where it was an everyday occurence that "normal" non-desperate not holding related peeing content was posted in the omorashi tag. And most of the time not for that sweet extra like 5-10% of an audience; they simply did not know what it meant, just saw the word on "pee content" and adopted it.

For many this fetish behaves kind of like an exoplanet, orbiting around a star that's much much brighter. You can't see it from its parent star, unless you're deliberately looking for it.
On 11/5/2022 at 4:37 AM, in2weirdstuff said:

It's almost like they didn't even know our fetish is a thing.

Oh, don't worry, they know 😄 That's why they are putting it in, but they have plausible deniability. Creative types love this type of "getting away with it" game - think of all the cartoons that you watched as a kid. Bondage, gags, kidnapping, latex, sticky goo, vore, shrinking/enlarging, female dominance, genderbending, humiliation - I distinctly remember all this fetish fuel being featured in cartoons as it is nothing.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:07 AM, in2weirdstuff said:

I just read a script for a movie that had a pretty drawn-out desperation scene.

I thought it was really odd how the script, which really tried hard to depict male toxicity, had a female near-wetting scene that I would totally get off to. It's almost like they didn't even know our fetish is a thing.

We need to work on our social outreach (or don't, whichever will lead to more scenes like this)

Want to know which movie 😍😍

Simple, the omorashi fetish is easily confused with the golden shower fetish.

although it is not the same and being confused with golden showers, they qualify us at the same level as any fetish of needs such as peeing and pooping, either to another person or diapers.

Although they can be related, it is not the same, but the omorashi suffers discrimination from the general sexual education, people accept that one can give you a cumshot or a creamface but they are bothered that it is urine, like vaginal fluid or semen were not also bodily fluids.

@Cristiano97

"Simple, the omorashi fetish is easily confused with the golden shower fetish.

although it is not the same and being confused with golden showers, they qualify us at the same level as any fetish of needs such as peeing and pooping, either to another person or diapers.

Although they can be related, it is not the same, but the omorashi suffers discrimination from the general sexual education, people accept that one can give you a cumshot or a creamface but they are bothered that it is urine, like vaginal fluid or semen were not also bodily fluids."

I think this is true, I think the Golden showers, pardon the pun, are actually kind of mainstream now, the fact that they talk about the Donald Trump pee pee tape, as unappealing as that is, does show that it is now part of the mainstream discourse to talk about urination in that way.

However I think the idea of holding a full bladder is something that most people are still not aware of as an actual fetish and I remember trying to explain that to my friend that I like the pee to be held inside rather than getting released! You don't really see as many representations in popular media of omorashi as you do things like Golden showers. There are plenty of shows like South Park and Family Guy that have scenes where characters urinate on each other and things of that nature, but people getting turned on by the idea of a character with a full bladder is something that I really don't see represented pretty much at all, or at least not in the sense that we would see it as.

But yes it really is weird that some people would be grossed out by year and when they have no problem with a cumshot. For one thing urine is sterile and for the other thing you are not as likely to get a sexual disease or get pregnant from it, so sexual fluids have a lot more problems that come with them. Urine for the most part is not going to do anything like get you pregnant or give you a sexual disease, so it's a much more benign fluid all things considered.