Sign In

Lauren's Game Thread - Feedback, Discussion, Hints, Spoilers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently uploaded a game I made to the Downloads section. It's nothing too spectacular, but I did put a lot of work into it. I decided to create this thread as a way of encouraging feedback. Also, i

@AkenoSama I knew it might be a problem for non-native English speakers, but I just didn't know how to make things easier for them without drastically changing things or making them too easy overall.

I just 100%ed the game and thought I might give some feedback/ a review   As for the first game, the theater, I think this is the game at its strongest (though I'm biased in regard for my lo

15 minutes ago, RMTB said:

Attempting to get Megan within the theater, got a hint or two?

Other than just trying every single combination? Sure, I'll give you three. They'll be increasingly spoilerish, so use as many or as few as you want. It won't outright give you the answer, but it should narrow it down a bit.

Spoiler

There's only one specific solution that may seem counterintuitive.

Spoiler

Extra protection won't help you.

Spoiler

She's not the type of girl to get scared easily.

1 hour ago, Tinkletown said:

Other than just trying every single combination? Sure, I'll give you three. They'll be increasingly spoilerish, so use as many or as few as you want. It won't outright give you the answer, but it should narrow it down a bit.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, so thats what I was missing. Thanks, I got it. Loved the rear view, I look forward to a potential laxative option in another future project of yours if possible.

Edited by RMTB (see edit history)
2 hours ago, RMTB said:

Ah, so thats what I was missing. Thanks, I got it. Loved the rear view, I look forward to a potential laxative option in another future project of yours if possible.

Cool, I'm glad you got it to work. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of #2 accidents, though I know it's not for everyone. That's about as committal as I can be at this point. Any future content will probably be a ways off.

15 hours ago, Tinkletown said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

im playing it and made almost all my way, missing just

megan at begin

basket is clear already

Valerie at library ( God give me streght lol ) 

and the final boss Amber ( one thing that got me in the last 2 minigames are because Im not native from english soo I have a "extra mental delay" right when you really cant have it lol hahahah ( But Im extremely bad with names soo the library one still a trouble to me even if I was one lol  I just cant remeber very well names lol ) but if people are confused about words, Mr Tinkle made a great work here, just look at " how the words explode when you shoot at them " wet ones will look like water and dry ones will seen like the broken )

Spoiler

I realize that the girl in the dress wasn't affected for comedy so i tried horror and bang, now basically people should also check about butter as some girls like it more than others which affects how fast they drink it megan has been a challenge for sure I still didnt figured out how beat her even getting too close, but the game of basketball was challenged, damn Clarissa, she gave me nightmares at the basketball minigame, I definitely needed to wear the diaper to increase my chances but over time you improve reflexes, if i can give a hint for anyone it is "start pressing her from the beginning forcing the hardest ones", because that way you'll get used to the speed from the beginning (but damn even when she's exploding she just didnt misses hahahaha but for me it was extremely gratifying because this was by far my favorite scene....so far)

Thanks Tinkle for the hint about the opitinal thing hahah xD 

Edited by AkenoSama (see edit history)

@AkenoSama I knew it might be a problem for non-native English speakers, but I just didn't know how to make things easier for them without drastically changing things or making them too easy overall. I do feel a little bad about it.  As someone who has lived in a foreign country and had to communicate daily in a different language, I have nothing but respect for anyone else who does it. I'll accept that as a failing on my part.

I'm not sure if it will help, but I'll attach a text file with all the potential books on it broken down into the groupings that go with each girl. That way you'll know which ones you need to remember for each attempt.  I wouldn't consider it a spoiler or cheating as it just puts you on a level playing field with anyone with preexisting literary knowledge. At most it would save anyone the time of writing down the answers themselves.

Study Guide.txt

1 hour ago, Tinkletown said:

@AkenoSama I knew it might be a problem for non-native English speakers, but I just didn't know how to make things easier for them without drastically changing things or making them too easy overall. I do feel a little bad about it.  As someone who has lived in a foreign country and had to communicate daily in a different language, I have nothing but respect for anyone else who does it. I'll accept that as a failing on my part.

I'm not sure if it will help, but I'll attach a text file with all the potential books on it broken down into the groupings that go with each girl. That way you'll know which ones you need to remember for each attempt.  I wouldn't consider it a spoiler or cheating as it just puts you on a level playing field with anyone with preexisting literary knowledge. At most it would save anyone the time of writing down the answers themselves.

Study Guide.txt 4.27 kB · 5 downloads

Thanks man, and hey, it is not your " failing " Im having really a lot of funny here xD please dont feel any bad, it is not impossible lol but I really apreciate that a lot, thanks xD and Im really exciting for any new game that you can make in the future lol 

Edited by AkenoSama (see edit history)

@WiiGuy86 Thanks. Solo production doesn't necessarily make it harder since I can work at my own pace. It just takes a lot more time. I've been developing this game for almost a year now. I'm just glad it's been mostly well received otherwise that would have been a huge waste of time.

@Eri amelav I'll give you a couple hints:

Spoiler

Difficulty has nothing to do with it.

Spoiler

You're on the right track with the saving, but did you save the optional item as well?

If you fulfill the requirements, there's no reason it shouldn't work. If you're still having trouble send me a private message and we can troubleshoot it.

I just 100%ed the game and thought I might give some feedback/ a review

As for the first game, the theater, I think this is the game at its strongest (though I'm biased in regard for my love of fear wetting.) For some of the girls there are multiple ways to make them wet themselves rather than just filling their bar without filling yours and some of them have scenes where they leak and have to run to the bathroom. You have to figure out, based on trial and error and their personality traits, what makes them tick, e.g the tomboyish girl doesn't like buttery popcorn or the mousy girl is suspicious of you tampering with the soda. And my favorite of all is that the diaper feels more like a tool than a crutch, here it can be the wrong choice objectively and can lose you the game where when played anywhere else it just feels like a slight bonus.

The next game is definitely the hardest, but also another strong point. I really felt I earned the scene when I made Clarissa wet herself after 6 attempts while it can feel frustrating I think the challenge is justified especially since I only have to beat her once and clear the game to get her scene. I also enjoyed how the bladder level plays into strategy like when Lauren is more desperate I find myself doing more free throws than 3-pointers. Speaking of desperation, watching both girls squirming as their desperation levels increase is always satisfying, it would be nice if the throwing animation became more shambolic when they become more desperate, but I understand that's a big ask.

The library scene is where I feel the game is weakest, not because of it being too hard, though I am a massive philistine, but rather how easy the reference book makes the mini game. I feel this is a rock and hard place situation as if you make it too hard people who's primary language isn't English will suffer, but as it currently stands even a moron like me can click the reference book and click the entire aisle and still have time to spare even on the hardest difficulty. Maybe only give the player 3 shots before they lose the round?

The last scene is good, it's a classic class room holding competition where you have to beat the final girl in a battle of wills. The game itself isn't that hard, especially against Megan it should be much harder, but I understand each stage must have a strongest and weakest opponent. It's a good capstone to end the game on, but It's a bit disappointing you can't watch the girls squirming in their seats else you lose or have exceptional multitasking abilities. Maybe make it so the head of Lauren cringes or becomes more blushed the more desperate she gets as the player's gaze is primarily focused on the brain scape.

Honestly my initial impression of the game was that it was okay, that was until I found you could play any stage with any of the girls, this shot my impression from 6/10 to a solid 9/10. The thoroughness is simply incredible every character has their own unique outfit and difficulty based around their traits, like the tomboyish girl is very good at the basketball mini game but not very good at trivia. This just makes the game so much more fulfilling and challenging, not to mention that there's even more content locked behind a hidden challenge.

Spoiler

Well there's two hidden modes one is the free-play mode unlocked by beating every level at every difficulty. Free-play mode allows the player to redo any stage, this does wonders for replayability, because even on the easiest difficulty the basketball game can be a bit of a chore. The other challenge is something I'll not spoil here, if you fulfill this challenge you can up the stakes during the holding contest.  The loser gets diapered by the winner. And here is where the player can have a holding competition with a much more difficult version of Megan, you also get a unique loss scene too which is a nice bonus. I think the challenge is hidden quite tastefully, and the scene give some love to abdl fans so that's nice.

All in all a great experience though I do think at times the Dev tried to reinvent the wheel with some of the mini games. I imagine must of the dev time was trying to jury rig fun mini games to an engine designed for visual novels, while an impressive feat of craft given the only the other releases were two kinetic novels based of old forum posts I think some of these mini games undercut the games omorashi elements. For example during the holding contest, the cream of the crop of omorashi scenes, I'm spending more time on a mini game than the two desperate women. The only mini-game, aside from the theater level, that I felt actually synthesized well with omorashi elements was the basketball game as the bladder level affected gameplay, whereas during the study level it didn't matter how desperate Lauren was I could get through it easily and during the holding competition I'm encouraged to actively ignore the holding competition itself.

Last bit of criticism would I wish there was more humiliation or dialogue for losing or winning . In the theatre level if the opponent is desperate she'll leak and run to the restroom it would be nice if this effect was replicated in other mini games. Maybe if both girl are super desperate to pee they both have an accident. If the player lost and depending on who sees you get a different scene at school, Megan would be the most cruel while Veronica would be the softest. Or perhaps your opponent discovers you wore a diaper when challenging them and lost, adding on to Lauren's humiliation.

I really did enjoy your game and I hope you continue with even better works in the future.

@Just Some Guy 

Wow, thanks for the in-depth write up. I appreciate your insights, including and maybe even especially the critiques.

The part about the Dev trying to reinvent the wheel is quite accurate. Let me tell you a bit about the development. In the Ren'Py tutorial that comes with the software, there's a pong minigame. I wanted to see if I could tweak it and turn it into a simple omorashi themed competition. Thus the basketball game was born. And that was basically going to be it. Just playing basketball against a series of girls with a short wetting scene for the loser. Almost like those games where you play some sort of basic puzzle game and then get to see a lewd picture. Then, I wondered why two girls would play basketball against each other while getting increasingly desperate, because my brain works that way, and the story developed. Ironically, I was worried that trying to shoehorn story elements into the game would just get in the way. Which is why I really appreciate all the feedback I've received. It gives me a whole new perspective.

I'm happy with how the theater portion turned out, but it was by far the most tedious to program and test. I am curious if anyone noticed the Simpsons reference of the movie titles. I am, after all, a nerd and couldn't help sneaking a couple pop culture references into the game.

The basketball game is my favorite, obviously, and I even lose to Clarissa half the time. I toyed with the idea of a different animation of the girl shooting depending on desperation level, but it's a little more complicated than just switching visuals. There's some pretty precise timing involved to get the illusion of the girl actually shooting the ball. It could have been done, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort.

I agree that the library game is the weakest. It was also the one I was most worried about being a major turn-off for some people. Not many people read these days, so I wasn't sure if anyone would be willing to play it straight up without the available cheat. I even made it easier to cheese right before uploading. Limiting the number of guesses is probably a good middle ground that I didn't even think of, but at the end of the day, I figure it's better to make it too easy than overly frustrating for a large portion of players. 

Actually, I deliberately put the squirming girls off to the side as a distraction to make the school game that much harder. Because I definitely thought it through. Okay, I'm not expecting anyone to buy that. It was just an oversight. I spent a lot of time creating the various desperation poses, and didn't realize until later that they're almost redundant. Unfortunately there wasn't much I could do about it without making drastic changes to the minigame. Which, admittedly, shows where my priorities were.

There's definitely a lot of little tweaks, or even major tweaks, I could have made to the game that would have improved it. Some I thought of and decided against, like more dialogue or double accidents, but I reached a point where I had to accept the game was good enough to share or spend forever tweaking it. As the saying goes, the perfect is the enemy of the good. I don't say that to be dismissive of any criticism, however. If nothing else, I've got a lot more to think about moving forward.

Speaking of which, you can't be throwing out a 9/10 and then talk about wanting to see better works in the future. You should have stayed with that 6 and got me working hard for your approval. I can retire with a 9.

Really the only problem I had while playing was the basketball one, and the theater with Megan but at least there's help for that lol. Not that the basketball mini game gave me that much of a challenge, I just really had to concentrate and got it first try for Clarissa. This might be one of the best omo games here in terms of actually having gameplay along with a solid plot. It doesn't hurt that all the ladies are pretty sexy too :3

Just in terms of gameplay, maybe make the basketball one slightly easier for other people. Like it doesn't feel like they miss more often at 3, I've seen a fair number of layup misses that it doesn't seem like I need to push that hard.

Also I haven't seen anyone mention this, but you can cheese the library one really easily. The reference book hint has the part where it makes the screen go dark for a few seconds to penalize getting a hint, but if you just click rapidly while it's going dark, then it ends up being skipped without any time loss. Couple that with me being able to just go through an entire list by clicking fast made it pretty trivial even on the hardest difficulty. 

Really though I just loved the girls a lot, you model well and I liked the different endings for each one in the same scenario. Really mixed things up nicely and I enjoyed a good number of them that I won't spoil here. 

@AD51 The basketball game is the most RNG based one, so experiences will vary. I've had runs where Clarissa missed two free throws right at the beginning and others where she made 20+ shots in a row. The difference in the shots is more notable with the less skilled players. For instance Valerie has a 1 in 7 chance to miss a layup, but a 1 in 3 chance to miss a 3-pointer. That's before any bladder fullness penalties. For Clarissa, it's 1 in 15 and 1 in 11 respectively, so less of a percentage gap. I don't think it needs to be nerfed. It's tough but beatable, and the only really challenging section.

Other people have pointed out the exploitable nature of the library. It's mostly intentional, but I definitely could have struck a better balance with the reference section loophole. I'm okay with it the way it is. If a player is actually interested in the challenge they don't have to cheese the system. Maybe that's a cop out on my part, but I don't really feel like making a bunch of minor changes at this point. Ideally, I would have had some beta testers, maybe an early access period, in order to really fine-tune the various difficulty levels, but the logistics of that would have been tricky. I'm also the kind of person that doesn't like sharing a work in process.

I'm happy to hear you liked the girls. It's kind of interesting how they turned out. With the exception of Megan, none of the girls had much of a personality when I started making the game. It wasn't until I started creating the various scenes that they began to develop at all. I know I could have done a lot more to flesh them out story-wise, but I think there's enough there to give some flavor to the game. I wouldn't mind hearing which scenes you liked the most. I don't think it would be that much of a spoiler, but you could always use the spoiler tag if you wanted. No pressure, though.

@Hyde A video with all the gameplay would be a substantial effort.  If someone else wanted to, I wouldn't stop them, but I wouldn't expect anyone to actually do it. I guess I could create a story version without the minigames for phones or even for people who want to skip the boring bits and just experience the various scenes.

46 minutes ago, Tinkletown said:

I wouldn't mind hearing which scenes you liked the most. I don't think it would be that much of a spoiler, but you could always use the spoiler tag if you wanted. No pressure, though.

For me I really enjoyed Clarissa's basketball, Valerie's library, along with hers and Amber's school. For 3 of them, they actually try and leave to not have an accident, but fail because they couldn't hold out. And then I just love the humiliations aspect of them because there's an added bit of other people besides Lauren seeing the actually peeing rather than just the aftermath. It's pretty satisfying considering the story of getting revenge on them.

Obviously you shouldn't do the story only version if it'll take a lot of time, but I'd love that as well. The images you unlock in the gallery are nice, but the bonus of personally enjoying this fetish is that the scenes show it all. They show the build up, the accident itself along with the context to it specifically, and finally I also enjoyed the ending bits where you see them walking away with the obvious piss stain. It's part of what makes this game so good too.

@AD51 Cool, those are amongst my favorites, too, along with Megan in the theater. I wanted to make the scenarios from the higher difficulties more interesting, so it's nice to see they're appreciated.

I don't think it would be too much work.  The coding and visuals are all there, it's more a matter of taking parts out than adding anything new. The tricky thing would be incorporating parts of the minigame while maintaining the narrative focus. I'll give it some thought. I won't make any promises, but since I've already put in a bunch of work, doing a bit more to open it up to more people would probably be worth it.

Guest lonerwolf

@Tinkletown just completed the challenge mode and unlocked the hidden endings as well. only left with megan and amber in diaper mode. loved it. as a request, is it possible for you to make another part of this series or updating this one including janelle (after all it is all about her) and the teacher (she is responsible for janelle wetting herself) + some nudity and both the characters wetting themselves simultaneously. that would be just awesome

Edited by lonerwolf (see edit history)

@Tinkletown "Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good" is a great mindset for making porn games especially if it's one man job, and I wish more people had that mindset It's better to release a flawed gem in 9 months than polishing a game in perpetuity. And I really don't expect all of my criticism, or hope for that mater, to actually be implemented in an update  just maybe think of it when developing your next game. And really for video-games ratings a 9/10 is basically 6/10 so take that as you will.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, Tinkletown said:

Thanks, glad you liked it.

I put two hints in the game already, but that might have been too subtle.

If that doesn't help, ask yourself

Hide contents

why is saving optional?

I need some help

Spoiler

I tried running multiple games without saving and had no luck unlocking the final challenge mode

Spoiler

Edited by Yikap (see edit history)