Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female WTF did I pee myself from fear?

I'm a bit too embarrassed to share just yet, but something happened.

Basically I lost control of my bladder from fear. And the fear wasn't even that intense, I could mentally surpress it. Also my bladder wasn't very full either. But something subconscious I could not control, and my bladder released  😮 

Wondering, how common is this? Did you ever wet yourself from being scared of in a panic?

No but I think I came close once.  I'm not one to get scared easily but a couple of years ago I was in a car that narrowly avoided an accident.  The driver managed to slam on the breaks before someone in the left lane barreled into our lane.  The suddeness of the stop and the screech of the brakes topped with the driving screaming a little and seeing the car coming towards us left me completely stunned.  My entire lap was just numb from adrenaline and I am shocked I didn't have an accident from how numb I felt down there.  I probably would have if I had a fuller bladder. 

Any strong, sudden emotion can make you lose control. It can even happen after the fact. A friend of mine was driving home last week and almost T-boned. She managed to swerve in time. She couldn't call anyone because she wasn't hit and it was night. The other car drove off so quickly she wasn't sure of the make, model or anything.

She pulled into the driveway nextdoor as I was raking and she looked dazed. I went over to ask her if she was OK and she told me what happened. 

She said she was ok, we walked around the car. No damage. She said she was going to go inside and I asked again if she was OK.

I went back to raking and looked back to see her on her front porch shaking for a moment. I dropped my rake and ran over, but she recovered and went quickly inside.

Her front stoop had a puddle right where she was standing. I took my wet/dry broom and cleaned the stoop. 

I haven't said anything to her, but I didn't want her to be embarrassed or anything.

Ok, I'll come clean. Still a little bit embarrassed though 😊 

Was swimming with the kids. Took a challenge that mommy could cross the pool under water.

A few strokes before the end I suddenly felt short on breath. Something inside me panicked and told me I needed to get above water immediately, but I could surpress that fear because I knew it would only be a few seconds.

Then I noticed that my bladder released. It wasn't even full, but it let go whatever was inside. Warm gush in my bathing suit. COmpletely uncontrollable. The strange thing is that I wasn't even that scared. 

On 10/31/2022 at 7:46 AM, KarenWets said:

Basically I lost control of my bladder from fear. And the fear wasn't even that intense, I could mentally surpress it. Also my bladder wasn't very full either. But something subconscious I could not control, and my bladder released  😮 

Wondering, how common is this? Did you ever wet yourself from being scared of in a panic?

When I have fear I act in the opposite way, my bladder get reforced.

Also, what thing scare you?

21 hours ago, KarenWets said:

Was swimming with the kids. Took a challenge that mommy could cross the pool under water.

A few strokes before the end I suddenly felt short on breath. Something inside me panicked and told me I needed to get above water immediately, but I could surpress that fear because I knew it would only be a few seconds.

Then I noticed that my bladder released. It wasn't even full, but it let go whatever was inside. Warm gush in my bathing suit. COmpletely uncontrollable. The strange thing is that I wasn't even that scared. 

Oh, wow, that's kinda hot, I imagine you completly embarrassed indeed.

You tried to cross your legs or something? I really want to know.

Edited by faffef (see edit history)

That is pretty scary. I've personally never peed myself out of fear. 

It could have been because your body wanted to put more focus on everything else? It just so happened that your muscles down there relaxed, but you did make it up our of the water. You said you weren't that scared, but your body definitely was in fight or flight mode.

That's all a theory, a PEE theory!!! Thanks for reading!!!

On 11/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, KarenWets said:

What happened to you, was not necessary caused by fear. It's just a normal reaction for a bladder to push pee out when you're denied of air. Try holding your breath for 45-60 seconds, when you have full bladder and you will probably start letting pee out too.  

But peeing from fear or nervousness is not something uncommon either. I have this problem since I can remember and had numerous wetting accident because of that in my life. From just a spurt of pee making panties a bit wet up to full wettings. Some were very embarrassing too.

4 hours ago, CarmenCD said:

What happened to you, was not necessary caused by fear. It's just a normal reaction for a bladder to push pee out when you're denied of air. Try holding your breath for 45-60 seconds, when you have full bladder and you will probably start letting pee out too.  

Never experienced something like this, so my first reaction was shock. Did I just pee myself without a reason ?

Lol I remember blowing my nose on a full bladder not so long after having our first baby. Spritz, *blush*. I was like "no, blowing my nose does is not supposed do that!"  Similar experience now with the swimming. A first time for anything 😉

Your thought on holding my breath is interesting. In a naughty mood I might try that once. I love accidents, especially if they're the result of things that I can control.  Like I don't want to be incontinent and making puddles at random moments, that would be mainly humiliating. But when I'm in the mood I love to put myself at risk and then experience that moment that in itself is so out of control and helpless.

I'm the master of the circumstances, but what happens excactly is up to my bladder, that combination works for me.

8 hours ago, KarenWets said:

Your thought on holding my breath is interesting. In a naughty mood I might try that once. I love accidents, especially if they're the result of things that I can control.  Like I don't want to be incontinent and making puddles at random moments, that would be mainly humiliating. But when I'm in the mood I love to put myself at risk and then experience that moment that in itself is so out of control and helpless.

I'm the master of the circumstances, but what happens excactly is up to my bladder, that combination works for me.

I read about connection between holding breath and wetting and was pretty sceptical, but after I tried it, I was amassed. It works on me every time, if my bladder is full.

I don't empty my bladder completely when I control my breath, but let out more than enough to get very wet crotch on my pants or pee running down my legs when wearing a skirt. For me, 30-40 seconds (breath out and shut my mouth and nose) is enough to start spurting, because I don't have big lungs capacity. When I asked my friend to hold my nose and mouths shut for a minute, I totally lost it and emptied my bladder completely before time was up. It is a big difference when you have control or someone else controls you. You just give up on holding mouth and nose shut sooner, when you start really struggling. 

Edited by CarmenCD (see edit history)

Well i guess my life is literally one big fear wetting accident. I had countless of these accidents due to my weak bladder.. So let me share one of these incidents now. 

- - 

I was out with a group of friends on one halloween night (not this halloween) and we decided to go to the nearby woods, it was pretty scary and i was clinging to my best friend the whole time. It was fun until me and my best friend got separated from the rest of the group. We started walking alone looking for them but the only thing we could find was a cloaked figure walking through the woods in front of us. 

At this moment we literally ran shitless for our lives out of the woods, and when we finally were out in an open area taking our breaths my friend suddenly put her hands over her mouth as she eyed my pants. I looked down and as expected i was soaked, my whole pants were filled with urine.

But oh well i was used to that so i brushed it off, but what i realized immediately after is that my best friend peed all over herself as well. I just surprisingly looked at her jeans to find a huge wet dark patch. I told her that it’s fine and that it happens to me all the time, especially in scary situations and this was a pretty darn scary situation. 

Well the cloaked figure was probably some other person in a halloween custom like us, but he left his mark on us.. we both walked back home soaking that night.

I don't believe it was a fear wetting. I didn't have time to be afraid, rather in the moment before I'd just accepted that "this is how I'm going to die." I got run over by a car (not hit, literally run over). I rolled into a ditch and when my body came to a rest I completely wet myself. I was lucky in that 1) I'm still here and 2) I made a full-ish recovery (lots of broken bones but I was actually more physically active after the accident than I was before).

On 10/31/2022 at 10:46 AM, KarenWets said:

The reason it’s called shitting yourself is because as the body goes into fight or flight (stay and fight or run away mode) the body shuts down everything it doesn’t need in that moment, this allows the blood to be redirected from the bowels and the bladder to the muscles that need them. When the blood is redirected, the bowel and bladder empty muscles relax and they empty themselves. 

So yes it’s perfectly normal