Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Does anybody else pee in their diapers/pull-ups because they are to lazy to get up and go to the bathroom after waking up?

Guest Rima31

This question is for bedwetters!

So for some years already I developed the habit of peeing in my pull-up right after waking up, before getting out of bed. I just feel it's way easier this way, plus 99% of the time it's already wet so it's not wasteful.

Edited by Rima31 (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 8:25 PM, Rima31 said:

This question is for bedwetters!

So for some years already I developed the habit of peeing in my pull-up right after waking up, before getting out of bed. I just feel it's way easier this way, plus 99% of the time it's already wet so it's not wasteful.

I am not a bed wetter, but I image if you already have a diaper on, soaking it some more might not be a bad thing. It is quick and easy and hey, you get to lounge in bed some more while the rest of us have to get up and dash for the toilet! Lucky duck! Lol

12 hours ago, dandeliontea said:

I don't wet the bed involuntarily anymore, but have started waking up annoyingly early with a desperate need to pee, and considered wearing pullups to bed again just so I can do this. The idea of just peeing in bed at 6am and being able to get another couple hours of sleep sounds great.

I wake up to pee at least twice at night. But the good news is, I am so tired that I just fall back to sleep instantly. Still, it is annoying to get out of bed. Maybe I should invest in some diapers lol!

I woke up in the morning desperately needing the bathroom a few days ago, and my girlfriend was still in there. Now, normally I like holding it in and seeing if I can make it, but i felt like I was going to pee at any moment, so I went back to sleep all warm and cuddly under the covers, and let my bladder relax and fill up my diaper. It felt so, so good. 

I don't use anything like diapers, but when I do wake up wet and there's any more in me, of course I let it all out there, and enjoy the both the warmth and the thought of having helplessly done the same thing without even knowing it not too long ago...

@dandeliontea Sounds like your body is already primed to do it. If you do that regularly, you'll probably start to sleep right through your 6 AM potty break and wake up wet. Around here, of course, I don't know whether to call that a good or bad thing. 😛 

Yep. Usually if my alarm wakes me up and I'm wet, I'm either empty, or close to empty and already getting the last of it out. Not sure but I think I must be going multiple times in the night. Sometimes I'll wake up early needing to go. If I'm dry I'll get up and go, but if I'm already wet I'll usually just do whatever I need to in my diaper and go back to sleep. Doesn't really make any sense to get out of bed if the accident already happened

I'm the odd one out here, I've personally never found the idea of using diapers appealing, however, I've read some great stories that many of you have shared. As someone who hates the four A.M. wake up call from my bladder I can see why so many people would rather use a diaper. I think diapers could be convenient for peeing at night or long car trips, but I've been reluctant to try them for myself. So for those of you who pee in a diaper at night either by accident or because getting out of bed sucks, how do you make sure your diaper doesn't leak? Changing and washing the bedding is a pain and a leaky diaper would not be something I would want to wake up to. Also, I'm not sure I would enjoy the feeling of a wet diaper, it might feel gross and I don't know if I could sleep with a wet diaper on. Using a diaper sounds good for convenience reasons, but I'm not sure I could do it. If I decide to try diapers for nighttime use what should I try?

8 hours ago, MaleOmoFan94 said:

I'm the odd one out here, I've personally never found the idea of using diapers appealing, however, I've read some great stories that many of you have shared. As someone who hates the four A.M. wake up call from my bladder I can see why so many people would rather use a diaper. I think diapers could be convenient for peeing at night or long car trips, but I've been reluctant to try them for myself. So for those of you who pee in a diaper at night either by accident or because getting out of bed sucks, how do you make sure your diaper doesn't leak? Changing and washing the bedding is a pain and a leaky diaper would not be something I would want to wake up to. Also, I'm not sure I would enjoy the feeling of a wet diaper, it might feel gross and I don't know if I could sleep with a wet diaper on. Using a diaper sounds good for convenience reasons, but I'm not sure I could do it. If I decide to try diapers for nighttime use what should I try?

For leak avoidance, assuming you’re wetting while awake… lie on your back, point downwards if you have male anatomy. Then let it flow and you should be fine, can’t remember when I last had a significant leak in bed. Try a protective bed pad until you get confident with it.

Wear a decent tape-fastening diaper, not a pull-up. Hard to advise on brands not knowing where you are but don’t go cheap or you probably will be disappointed. And you don’t feel wet and uncomfortable once you’ve “been”, more just warm and a bit bulky. Might take a bit of getting used to sleeping in them but sure you will do before too long! As you say, anything beats that 4am toilet trip.

Growing up I didn't use pull-ups or GoodNited for my bedwetting.  I am a deep sleeper so when I peed the bed It usually did not wake me up and I would sleep until the morning.  Occasionally I would wake up slightly after wetting my bed, notice that I was wet and fall right back asleep.  On a few occasions when that happened I would feel the need to pee and just pee in my bed in that half awake state and fall right back asleep.  

I started to use Goodnites for sleeping away from home in high school and if I woke up wet in one I would not re-pee in it.  

9 hours ago, nappypants said:

For leak avoidance, assuming you’re wetting while awake… lie on your back, point downwards if you have male anatomy. Then let it flow and you should be fine, can’t remember when I last had a significant leak in bed. Try a protective bed pad until you get confident with it.

Wear a decent tape-fastening diaper, not a pull-up. Hard to advise on brands not knowing where you are but don’t go cheap or you probably will be disappointed. And you don’t feel wet and uncomfortable once you’ve “been”, more just warm and a bit bulky. Might take a bit of getting used to sleeping in them but sure you will do before too long! As you say, anything beats that 4am toilet trip.

Thanks, I might try tape diapers, however, they do seem to be rather expensive and I don't have a lot of extra spending money, so I might not be able to get them for a while. Would wearing a pullup over a slightly cheaper tape diaper prevent leaks? I live in a rural, northern  part of the U.S. with limited shopping options, also everyone here knows each other and every time I'm out shopping I run into at least ten people I know, so buying diapers without being seen isn't going to be an option unless I shop online. Are there any good brands I can buy online or from a catalog?

3 hours ago, MaleOmoFan94 said:

Thanks, I might try tape diapers, however, they do seem to be rather expensive and I don't have a lot of extra spending money, so I might not be able to get them for a while. Would wearing a pullup over a slightly cheaper tape diaper prevent leaks? I live in a rural, northern  part of the U.S. with limited shopping options, also everyone here knows each other and every time I'm out shopping I run into at least ten people I know, so buying diapers without being seen isn't going to be an option unless I shop online. Are there any good brands I can buy online or from a catalog?

Not sure about combining diapers, whether it would give good results.

I’m not in the US so not sure of many specific suppliers, but most of the good stuff is sold online rather than over the counter anyway. NorthShore diapers are always popular, think they sell directly.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, CarmenCD said:

I have it. But I still had to change the sheet.

You might try Depend Night Defense or a generic alternative such as the Target Up & Up pull up style adult diaper. For extra protection you should put some garbage bags and folded bath towels on your bed. This (along with a good quality mattress protector) should provide adequate protection.