Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female High Capacity Non-Crinkly Diapers

I'm not super versed in medical diapers, but since ABU'S new Alpha Gatorz and Little Kings are cloth-like that helps muffle their crinkliness a little bit and their capacity and tapes are good.

Other than that I know that other cloth and cloth like diapers are usually quieter than their plastic counterparts. But they often don't have the capacity either.

Clothlike diapers are plastic shelled diapers that have clothlike material over it. This is how Alpha Gatorz and Little Kings (and Goodnites) are

On 10/22/2022 at 6:03 PM, OurFlagMeansP said:

Hi there, I’m currently enjoying NorthShore Megamax. I love the capacity, I can wet ~3 times, but they are too crinkly to wear public for my tastes. I would love to find some comparable diapers that are not so crinkly. Everything else I have tried leaks.  Any recommendations? 

Two thoughts that might be helpful. 🙂 First, I’ve noticed that MegaMax diapers crinkle at first when I put them on, but actually become quieter once I’ve “gotten the crinkles out” — sit down, stand up, bend over, walk a few steps, etc. Typically I’ll hear a few crinkles as I sit down, put my shoes on, and get ready to walk outside, and I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a crinkle once I’ve walked out the front door — not even as I return home and walk up the stairs. I find them a lot quieter than NorthShore’s other plastic-backed diapers. (I mean, except when ripping the tapes off. Holy crap, that’s like firecrackers going off!) 

But second… Have you looked into the MegaMax Air? I got a couple of free samples, and I’ve tried one so far. They’re listed as 3/4 the capacity of the original MegaMax, but honestly, I think they’re a lot closer than that. They’re cloth-backed with hook-and-loop tabs, so they are friggin’ SILENT. Same design, same sizing as the diapers you already like. They only come in white, though. It’s a brand new product, so they’re still working out the kinks. (But aren’t we ALL working through our kinks?) On this first batch, some users have reported the tabs becoming separated from the wings as the diaper gets full and heavy. I’m intrigued enough by the concept of a silent MegaMax that I plan to order a bag. And if you try them, I’d love to hear your review too!

Out of sheer curiosity, what fun situations do you plan to wear these in where keeping them silent is a key consideration? 

@GoldenG8. I have never seen the Airs! That looks promising. I just put in an order for more Megamaxes and maybe I’ll get a sample fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

You may be right about the crinkle sound dissipating I’ll have to keep that in mind. I have worn them in the car just for a Starbucks run and that was fun. But I do not wanna get caught! 🙃 I like the idea of wearing them to a movie or on a longer distance car trip or on a hike 🙂

I got a sample of the MegaMax Air and will say they seem to be good diapers.  Like GoldenG8 said, they're the same sizing and design (yes, waist elastics) as the originals, and I'll agree that the capacity doesn't seem far off the originals.  I still have one left from the 2 piece sample they sent me with my most recent order, so when I have a chance, I'll put it on and give it a thorough go and let you know if my thoughts on it change.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:07 PM, OurFlagMeansP said:

You may be right about the crinkle sound dissipating I’ll have to keep that in mind. I have worn them in the car just for a Starbucks run and that was fun. But I do not wanna get caught! 🙃 I like the idea of wearing them to a movie or on a longer distance car trip or on a hike 🙂

By the way, what have you worn over them that’s worked well for you? And/or what would you ideally like to wear over them if noise weren’t a concern?

• 1 month later...