Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anyone from an Omo Family?

I don't like to think about it too much, but I suspect it runs on my dad's side.

He talks about peeing a lot, he always has, and when the subject is brought up by someone else, he gets really uncomfortable about it. My mother usually urinates with the bathroom door open, and she'll talk about it sometimes, but not awkwardly. Just kind of in passing. Nothing about their behavior has contributed to my fetish, as far as I'm aware, but I have noticed a trend of people on my dad's side of the family being VERY open about their urinary habits. I don't know if that indicates fetishism. I don't care to know tbh. But yes, there is a chance I come from a family of omo enthusiasts. 

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

I'm positive my family doesn't have an omo kink, they just find public bathrooms gross. I'd rather not contemplate these things about my parents!

Yeah, That's my thoughts exactly, also never wanted to give it a thought. Other than I have an Idea that my family is pretty vanilla when it comes to fetishes.

We never talk about that kind of stuff. So I would never know. And I am not sure I wanted to know. 

Interesting subject, because well it has to come from somewhere.

This is an interesting question because a lot of the time, I've heard the opposite, where someone is shamed by their family for wetting themselves and talking about bathroom needs is taboo. 

I have heard though, in some other cases, of families who are just more comfortable and open with that sort of thing; i.e. okay with wetting themselves when in the car on a road trip and there is a need to go, peeing freely outside while camping, etc. which to me is similar to families comfortable farting in front of each other. Just a more relaxed attitude about bodily functions. 

I would think that it would make sense that a variety of environmental factors from one's family could potentially contribute to developing an omo kink, but there also isn't a whole lot of research on kinks and kink development out there (I'm curious about this kind of thing so I look up articles when I can lmao). 

The current consensus seems to be that while there are several theories that exist on how kink's develop and are commonly discussed (something non-sexual gets fixated on and becomes sexual later, crossed wires in the brain, etc.), there isn't enough research that has been done in general that supports one theory as more likely than the others. 

4 hours ago, petitewonder said:

This is an interesting question because a lot of the time, I've heard the opposite, where someone is shamed by their family for wetting themselves and talking about bathroom needs is taboo. 

I have heard though, in some other cases, of families who are just more comfortable and open with that sort of thing; i.e. okay with wetting themselves when in the car on a road trip and there is a need to go, peeing freely outside while camping, etc. which to me is similar to families comfortable farting in front of each other. Just a more relaxed attitude about bodily functions. 

I would think that it would make sense that a variety of environmental factors from one's family could potentially contribute to developing an omo kink, but there also isn't a whole lot of research on kinks and kink development out there (I'm curious about this kind of thing so I look up articles when I can lmao). 

The current consensus seems to be that while there are several theories that exist on how kink's develop and are commonly discussed (something non-sexual gets fixated on and becomes sexual later, crossed wires in the brain, etc.), there isn't enough research that has been done in general that supports one theory as more likely than the others. 

Interesting thoughts. 

For me it was the unknown I believed that started the kink. I never saw any female members pee neither at home nor did we do outdoor activities not involving being near facilities. We did not talk about it either, unless for medical reasons if someone had a problem. That curiosity about what happens when girls are in the bathroom, and how do they pee, was what sent me in to omo. 

Were it discussed openly, and did we for instance pee outside when camping etc. I think it would have been the other way around for me. Seeing female family members pee  would desexualize it for me. If it was common and not "mysterious" I doubt it would have been special.

31 minutes ago, potte said:

That curiosity about what happens when girls are in the bathroom, and how do they pee, was what sent me in to omo. 

That is a big factor for me.

However, while my parents were not into omo, my next older cousin is.  She was always peeing half hidden where boys could tell she was peeing.  The closest we came to doing omo together was peeing side by side while wading waist deep.

This a fresh topic -- not recently beaten to death as far as I remember.

@petitewonder

"This is an interesting question because a lot of the time, I've heard the opposite, where someone is shamed by their family for wetting themselves and talking about bathroom needs is taboo. 

I have heard though, in some other cases, of families who are just more comfortable and open with that sort of thing; i.e. okay with wetting themselves when in the car on a road trip and there is a need to go, peeing freely outside while camping, etc. which to me is similar to families comfortable farting in front of each other. Just a more relaxed attitude about bodily functions."

I definitely think that was the case in my family as I was one of the only ones who was always talking about bathrooms and toilets and bodily functions and always was seen as weird for it, a girl shouldn't speak of such things. But I came from a mostly pretty conservative family who were shy about bodily functions or anything like that, grossed out by public bathrooms or using them, and again there was that double standards where they didn't have problems with the boys peeing outside or any of that whereas women were supposed to politely hold it until they could take care of it in a way that doesn't inconvenience or gross anybody out. Definitely I can see the influence of that on my current slant towards the fetish with the fixation on the unfair kind of situations along gender lines.

@potte

"Yeah, That's my thoughts exactly, also never wanted to give it a thought. Other than I have an Idea that my family is pretty vanilla when it comes to fetishes.

We never talk about that kind of stuff. So I would never know. And I am not sure I wanted to know. 

Interesting subject, because well it has to come from somewhere."

Like I said above my family is pretty conservative and it's hard to picture them ever actually having sex. Like in the entire time I live with my parents I don't think I ever saw any indication of them having any kind of sex life or romantic tryst and of course if they did I really did not want to know about that! They didn't even sleep in the same bed.

But yeah looking at my family I can't picture them being kinky or anything like that at all, they are most obsessive and fanatical about being seen as normal by everybody around them. They had like an obsessive fixation with being seen as normal and doing everything normal.

So it's ironic that they ended up with me who is probably like the weirdest person on the planet, total contrast, almost nothing in common with my family whatsoever. My dad sometimes thinks that he is right that I actually am an alien because he doesn't know how he ended up with a person so incredibly abnormal from a background so fanatically conformist. It is like they are incapable of accepting anyone doing anything the least bit different than them.

9 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@potte

"Yeah, That's my thoughts exactly, also never wanted to give it a thought. Other than I have an Idea that my family is pretty vanilla when it comes to fetishes.

Interesting subject, because well it has to come from somewhere."

Like I said above my family is pretty conservative and it's hard to picture them ever actually having sex. Like in the entire time I live with my parents I don't think I ever saw any indication of them having any kind of sex life or romantic tryst and of course if they did I really did not want to know about that! They didn't even sleep in the same bed.

But yeah looking at my family I can't picture them being kinky or anything like that at all, they are most obsessive and fanatical about being seen as normal by everybody around them. They had like an obsessive fixation with being seen as normal and doing everything normal.

So it's ironic that they ended up with me who is probably like the weirdest person on the planet, total contrast, almost nothing in common with my family whatsoever. My dad sometimes thinks that he is right that I actually am an alien because he doesn't know how he ended up with a person so incredibly abnormal from a background so fanatically conformist. It is like they are incapable of accepting anyone doing anything the least bit different than them.

Some turns out to be very different from their family I guess 🙂

Well my family was not conservative like that. We just never discussed fetishes. My family is actually pretty open about most things. I have got more different fetishes, omo is not the only. I have also so-called "normal" fetishes, and every time my brother and I would joke around with stories about girls, experiences, etc. both my mother and brother would be grossed out very very quick. Which made me think that they're pretty vanilla. But I kept it in a humorous tone you know saying stuff without actually saying it. My dad on the other hand, he is not talking about anything in that regard.   

I believe I have a post on here about various times my family gave me "permission" to wet myself. I feel like my family was much more open than most about wetting and it's probably because my mom and I wet our beds/ourselves later than most people. I don't suspect that anyone else in my family is "into it" like me, but I think my family is much more open about discussing it and doesn't freak out if someone needs to go/has an accident, which is semi-frequent with my mom and myself.

When my mom found out. She said to me “I understand totally kayla. I dont mind you engaging in your own enjoyment so long as you clean up after yourself”. So that was a good response 

Pretty  much the same here. My parents were obviously into it, but they didn't openly talk about it. They never really made a huge effort to conceal or deny it, they just let my sister and me draw our own conclusions and do our own thing. I do remember one time, we were driving across Arizona and the next town was 60 miles away and my sister really had to pee, so we pulled over to the side of the road and she tried to squat with the car hiding her and my father patrolling the perimeters like Rambo, but every time she was just about to let go some car would come by and she would freak out and try to pull her jeans up. After this happened a few times she said, "I'm just gonna go in my pants." She sat on an old U-Haul blanket we had in the back of the car and peed in her jeans, and neither my mom or my dad ever said a word against her, it was like it was just normal and totally accepted. Same thing when she was in college but still living at home and she came back from a date one night with wet pants and nothing was ever said about it, even though both Mom and Dad saw her (and so did I which was really hot).

40 minutes ago, Alias Unknown said:

Most kinks are actual partially hereditary. I know my mom is into omo since i caught her in the act as a kid although i never actually knew what it was 

When my mom found out. She said to me “I understand totally kayla. I dont mind you engaging in your own enjoyment so long as you clean up after yourself”. So that was a good response 

How did you catch her if you don't mind sharing?

So as far as I know, nobody directly related to me is into it. I wouldn't want to know anyway. But I'll never forget, my mom was talking to my aunt about one of their distant cousins. I can't remember the exact dialogue but I'll never forget her saying, "she was house sitting for him and he said she was free to use his computer. She found a file with her name on it. She opened it and it was videos of her 'PISSING' in the bathroom. So she called the cops and he's now in prison." So, from my understanding, someone deep off in my family was into voyeurism. Personally I'd never put a camera in my bathroom, but it shows sometimes this fetish runs in the blood stream lol

@potte

"Some turns out to be very different from their family I guess 🙂

Well my family was not conservative like that. We just never discussed fetishes. My family is actually pretty open about most things. I have got more different fetishes, omo is not the only. I have also so-called "normal" fetishes, and every time my brother and I would joke around with stories about girls, experiences, etc. both my mother and brother would be grossed out very very quick. Which made me think that they're pretty vanilla. But I kept it in a humorous tone you know saying stuff without actually saying it. My dad on the other hand, he is not talking about anything in that regard."

In my family we never really discussed sexuality or relationships or anything of the like at all, except for the occasional comment that my family thought it was weird that I and most of my friends were in our 30s and that we had always been single, but they probably realize that I'm abnormal in many ways without knowing specifically how.

But I always liked talking about bathrooms and peeing and pooping and all those other things that they always thought were inappropriate for a young lady to speak of. Again they tolerated my humor though, and I would often joke about bathrooms and constantly be obsessed with finding a bathroom and knowing where the bathroom is. In my family I was kind of a joke that everybody knew that I was obsessed with bathrooms.

And then there was always the joke whenever we got to a new place that anyplace we go virtually every toilet was eventually going to have contact with my ass at some point! My family thought that public toilets were really gross and everything, so to them the fact that I use them everywhere was kind of a weird thing from their perspective.

I've never really had a serious in-depth discussion about bathroom inequality that with my family or anything like that as I don't feel they would be very receptive. Once or twice I remember bringing up potty parity but my family we had the attitude that women don't need more toilets, that's ridiculous, that it's gross to use public toilets at all and that you should try to wait until you get home.

Again I don't think that this was because they have an interest in omorashi, they just find public bathrooms extremely gross and anything having to do with excrement or felt extremely gross. Other than me the women in my family were notoriously germophobic, which is interesting because I remember reading the people who have conservative attitudes in general seem to be a little bit more bothered by filth and dirtiness overall.

My own experience was not too different from Alias Unknown or WetterMesser. My parents didn't talk about it because they didn't want to influence my sister and me. They were willing to let us choose our own paths. But they didn't try very hard to hide it because they didn't see anything wrong with it and didn't see anything wrong if we decided to pursue the same path. This is probably why nobody said anything when my sister came home wet from a date. It was pretty clear, at least to me, that she'd gotten sexy with some perv and wet her pants for him, but my parents didn't care if she did.

19 hours ago, Codedog92 said:

Can you really inherit this fetish? I always thought it was learned. I don’t know where I got it from because my family is not into it. 

In most cases you’d never know, as people keep these things private… you generally wouldn’t want to let your family know what you’re “into” in that way, nor to find out their own “kink” interests, if any. Obviously you can discover something by accident (no pun intended!) and openness about certain topics may lead to certain interests recurring, but then again, nearly everyone enjoys a bit of “toilet humour” at times so that doesn’t necessarily give away a leaning towards this kind of thing.

7 minutes ago, nappypants said:

In most cases you’d never know, as people keep these things private… you generally wouldn’t want to let your family know what you’re “into” in that way, nor to find out their own “kink” interests, if any. Obviously you can discover something by accident (no pun intended!) and openness about certain topics may lead to certain interests recurring, but then again, nearly everyone enjoys a bit of “toilet humour” at times so that doesn’t necessarily give away a leaning towards this kind of thing.

Yeah true 

From family stories I've guessed that my late grandfather may have been into it, but I never actually got to meet him so I don't really know for sure. Knowing he grew up without the internet has me assuming that he'd never known the word for it though. As for my parents I don't really think so. They're pretty open about bathroom stuff (a little too open tbh lol) and I've never gotten any hints that they're into this kinda thing. My sisters definitely not. I've mentioned my fetish to them before and they both found it extremely strange.