Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female How Many Women Here Hold It Much of the Day or All Day Out Of Necessity?

How often do you hold it all or much of the day out of necessity?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you hold it all or much of the day out of necessity?

• Most days I am often holding a very full bladder due to lack of opportunity to go.
    • Often I am holding it a very long due to lack of opportunity to go.
    • About half the time I am holding it a very long due to lack of opportunity to go.
    • More often than not I can usually go without having to wait long.
    • I can pretty much always get to a toilet when I need one except maybe on rare occasions.

I don't mean out of choice recreationally for the hell of it, but what I am asking is how many women often find that they are holding it all day out of necessity due to being too busy, lack of adequate time to use the toilet, no toilets available etc. etc. whether it is due to work or having to take care of children or just being in a situation where bathroom opportunities are few and far between, such as if you are doing errands and can't find a bathroom without a long wait or you hold it all day because you don't like to use the bathroom.

Back when I had my job where I was outdoors without bathrooms I was regularly holding it for six or seven hours a day to the point where I was ready to explode by the end of the day purely out of necessity. Now that that job is over however I am pretty much always home all the time and can go to the bathroom whenever I want again, thank Satan!

But what my job really put into perspective from talking to people and just observing things, which I think was exacerbated by Covid closing a lot of the bathrooms, which might be letting up a bit now, but it made me realize that there are lots of women who purely out of necessity, because of jobs, work, children or other activities and roadblocks to getting to a bathroom often have to keep putting off relieving themselves.

So my question is just how common is this, how many women here find that on a regular basis, for whatever reason, you just can't seem to catch a frequent bathroom break and you have no choice but to hold it for a very long time or even all day long?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh yeah every day. I'm a co-teacher so we rarely ever get a chance to go to the bathroom all day since we're so busy with classes

Years ago, I had a girlfriend who worked in a big US department store, and she often talked about this issue.  BUT, she also enjoyed holding, so I don’t know how bothered she really was. She was actua

On Tik Tok I saw a female bus driver saying she got so desperate to pee whilst driving her bus that she was crying, poor girl. I'd have loved to have given her a hug and helped her quickly get to a to

7 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I don't mean out of choice recreationally for the hell of it, but what I am asking is how many women often find that they are holding it all day out of necessity due to being too busy, lack of adequate time to use the toilet, no toilets available etc. etc. whether it is due to work or having to take care of children or just being in a situation where bathroom opportunities are few and far between, such as if you are doing errands and can't find a bathroom without a long wait or you hold it all day because you don't like to use the bathroom.

Back when I had my job where I was outdoors without bathrooms I was regularly holding it for six or seven hours a day to the point where I was ready to explode by the end of the day purely out of necessity. Now that that job is over however I am pretty much always home all the time and can go to the bathroom whenever I want again, thank Satan!

But what my job really put into perspective from talking to people and just observing things, which I think was exacerbated by Covid closing a lot of the bathrooms, which might be letting up a bit now, but it made me realize that there are lots of women who purely out of necessity, because of jobs, work, children or other activities and roadblocks to getting to a bathroom often have to keep putting off relieving themselves.

So my question is just how common is this, how many women here find that on a regular basis, for whatever reason, you just can't seem to catch a frequent bathroom break and you have no choice but to hold it for a very long time or even all day long?

So I loooveeee this question! I feel like women typically don’t speak up about needing to pee in general and wait it out normally out of being shy or whatever. Now… as for your question… for me, I don’t like public bathrooms and am very OCD about where I go and so going in a public toilet is almost torture. I’ll do it but I hate it. Does this count towards your question? I often will plan out my day so I can try and make it home to pee or I end up out for hours and trying to avoid going. I often pee outside before I use a public bathroom. But I do a lot of stuff in downtown locations where you can’t really hide as well to pee outside and so sometimes I give in and go to whatever is close or the cleanest bathroom I can find like a library or something. But this happens frequently.

@blakgrlmajic91

"So I loooveeee this question! I feel like women typically don’t speak up about needing to pee in general and wait it out normally out of being shy or whatever. Now… as for your question… for me, I don’t like public bathrooms and am very OCD about where I go and so going in a public toilet is almost torture. I’ll do it but I hate it. Does this count towards your question? I often will plan out my day so I can try and make it home to pee or I end up out for hours and trying to avoid going. I often pee outside before I use a public bathroom. But I do a lot of stuff in downtown locations where you can’t really hide as well to pee outside and so sometimes I give in and go to whatever is close or the cleanest bathroom I can find like a library or something. But this happens frequently."

Yes I suppose if you won't want to use public toilets that does involve holding it all day out of necessity. I guess I came out more from an angle that if there were a public toilet available I would definitely use one, but I suppose for a person who has an inhibition about using public toilets that would be a genuine problem.

I was thinking no more along the lines of where a woman really needs a bathroom break and she either can't leave where she is, there is no toilet available, she goes to the toilet but the toilet is closed, or the line is prohibitively long and she doesn't have time to wait, or she has to catch a bus or a train or do something else and simply just can't catch a bathroom break.

Now I'm at home so I'm always near my toilet, but when I had my job for those two years it was basically a situation of having to hold it all day, and as I thought about that situation I am wondering just how many women just can't seem to catch a bathroom break just in general out of circumstance.

An important part I learned from my experiences that bathrooms are very vital to women navigating the world, but if there isn't a bathroom available it sort of a case of too bad you still have to interact with the world regardless, and I think a lot of time for women it involves having to forgo using a bathroom or the luxury of comfort of a bathroom simply because society does not provide adequately for women's needs when it comes to the toilet.

Ill get so busy at my job, where i am extremely frustrated right now, about to quit, where i will have to pee really bad sometimes just because of things that happen at work involving my responsibilities. If its near the end of my shift and ive had a bad day, i will usually just hold my bladder (even if its really full) until i get home just to avoid staying at work longer than i want to.

@MissTexi

"Ill get so busy at my job, where i am extremely frustrated right now, about to quit, where i will have to pee really bad sometimes just because of things that happen at work involving my responsibilities. If its near the end of my shift and ive had a bad day, i will usually just hold my bladder (even if its really full) until i get home just to avoid staying at work longer than i want to."

What kind of job is it where you don't get to pee? My job had lots of downtime, the issue was no available toilets.

On 10/20/2022 at 5:11 PM, DesperateJill said:

Was there no where you could go in an emergency? I mean what if you needed a number two!

@Pollock25

"Was there no where you could go in an emergency? I mean what if you needed a number two!"

There were often toilets but they were usually closed due to Covid, so kind of out of luck in that regard. Fortunately I usually didn't have to go number two, although sometimes at the end of the day when I finally peed you end up doing more simply because of the intensity of it! As a person who prefers to do #2 at home however that was rather awkward. So in addition to the pet peeve of having to hold it all day at the end of the day I often had to deal with taking a dump at work! Just the full checklist of personal pet peeves I suppose.

1 minute ago, DesperateJill said:

@Pollock25

"Was there no where you could go in an emergency? I mean what if you needed a number two!"

There were often toilets but they were usually closed due to Covid, so kind of out of luck in that regard. Fortunately I usually didn't have to go number two, although sometimes at the end of the day when I finally peed you end up doing more simply because of the intensity of it! As a person who prefers to do #2 at home however that was rather awkward. So in addition to the pet peeve of having to hold it all day at the end of the day I often had to deal with taking a dump at work! Just the full checklist of personal pet peeves I suppose.

This is true. I’m the same, would rather nurse a sore stomach all afternoon than go at work. I’ve had a few frantic journeys home!

@Pollock25

"This is true. I’m the same, would rather nurse a sore stomach all afternoon than go at work. I’ve had a few frantic journeys home!"

I think with women though sometimes because we sit down to pee if we have to poop it's kind of harder to hold that back when you are already relaxed and sitting on the toilet seat like that. I feel that as a result of that women probably end up pooping in public more often than men, but paradoxically women probably also if we can't find the luxury to just relieve ourselves and take a pee, then we certainly won't have the luxury of taking a shit, and sometimes when you have to do both you have to choose between either doing both or neither, which is always a terrible decision to have to make!

@DesperateJill I am an overnight manager currently. I am the only one who can take care of many weird and inconsistent tasks on my shift such as receiving trucks, dealing with techs, responding to alarms around the site, and most other issues. Everyone else on my shift really just has one job that they do the whole time, whereas I take care of all the spontaneous events, which seem to happen frequently at my location.

@MissTexi

"I am an overnight manager currently. I am the only one who can take care of many weird and inconsistent tasks on my shift such as receiving trucks, dealing with techs, responding to alarms around the site, and most other issues. Everyone else on my shift really just has one job that they do the whole time, whereas I take care of all the spontaneous events, which seem to happen frequently at my location."

So most of the other employees basically have time that they can schedule a bathroom break but you pretty much always have to be on call bathroom break be damned? Once again it seems like that happens more often to women, men can find a few seconds to just run into the bathroom quickly, but women can't find a few minutes just to relieve themselves. Another one of those unfair situations that just seems to be all too common. And having to be running from place to place with a full bladder must not make it any easier.

It was like sort of how I was mentioning in the other threads about my high school where they had hardly any toilets for the girls in my high school. The guys were able to run in and out of the bathroom in like 30 seconds quickly and were able to go between class, while most girls were unable to go and usually ended up getting stuck holding it for several periods or all day. Once again a situation where guys can easily relieve themselves but women are forced to hold it since it's not as convenient for us to nip off briefly to the bathroom and take care of things.

And although not a large number of people have responded to the polls so far it does seem that at least half of people indicate that more often than not they get stuck holding it all day, although perhaps the people who do get stuck holding all day are more likely to respond to the poll.

I’m often very busy at work. I’m a secretary so i pretty much always have something to do. If I try to plan a bathroom break, I’ll end up getting a phone call and have to hold it longer. Or my boss wants something does asap. Or I’m stuck in another long and pointless meeting. I am running to the bathroom on most days, which is why I’m grateful that I chose to wear a pad or pull-up to stay dry in those last final seconds of getting to the bathroom, because that’s when I always leak. 

@Mary127

"I’m often very busy at work. I’m a secretary so i pretty much always have something to do. If I try to plan a bathroom break, I’ll end up getting a phone call and have to hold it longer. Or my boss wants something does asap. Or I’m stuck in another long and pointless meeting. I am running to the bathroom on most days, which is why I’m grateful that I chose to wear a pad or pull-up to stay dry in those last final seconds of getting to the bathroom, because that’s when I always leak."

It really is amazing how it is often the case where women are so busy that they can't even take a few minutes to simply go to the bathroom. A good question though is are your male coworkers able to get to the bathroom without having to wait for several hours? For a guy running into a bathroom is like a five second affair, but for a woman it often takes several minutes, and if you can't spare those minutes there is no chance of a bathroom break.

4 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

A good question though is are your male coworkers able to get to the bathroom without having to wait for several hours? For a guy running into a bathroom is like a five second affair, but for a woman it often takes several minutes, and if you can't spare those minutes there is no chance of a bathroom break.

Yes, I’m soooo jealous of them. I work in a typical office environment, so it’s not that bathrooms aren’t available, but I’m basically the only one that, if I’m busy, I have to take care of it right away. So they can get up and pee whenever they want but that’s not the case for me. 

@Mary127

"Yes, I’m soooo jealous of them. I work in a typical office environment, so it’s not that bathrooms aren’t available, but I’m basically the only one that, if I’m busy, I have to take care of it right away. So they can get up and pee whenever they want but that’s not the case for me."

Again it really is crazy when you think about it how for men you can pee whenever you want but for women it has to be scheduled, and often it is not scheduled at all or is not scheduled until it's convenient for everybody. Men's needs come first, women's needs come second. And it really is true basically everywhere, but especially in professions that are dominated by women, it seems women often have those professions where you can't leave or make other plans as you have to attend to the needs of everybody before your own.

3 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@Mary127

"Yes, I’m soooo jealous of them. I work in a typical office environment, so it’s not that bathrooms aren’t available, but I’m basically the only one that, if I’m busy, I have to take care of it right away. So they can get up and pee whenever they want but that’s not the case for me."

Again it really is crazy when you think about it how for men you can pee whenever you want but for women it has to be scheduled, and often it is not scheduled at all or is not scheduled until it's convenient for everybody. Men's needs come first, women's needs come second. And it really is true basically everywhere, but especially in professions that are dominated by women, it seems women often have those professions where you can't leave or make other plans as you have to attend to the needs of everybody before your own.

I do think this is unfair but at the same time i feel like I signed up for it because I’m the only job in my office that has to deal with this. 

@Mary127

"I do think this is unfair but at the same time i feel like I signed up for it because I’m the only job in my office that has to deal with this."

I do find it interesting the unfairness and unfair situations we are conditioned to just take in stride. It is sort of like when I had my job outdoors and I was complaining a lot of women who had been in bad situations like that said if you signed up for it you pretty much just have to deal with it then. And ultimately I did, it was frustrating, incredibly unfair, and yet in the end I found myself totally compromising with it while still feeling jealous of all of the women at home getting to go whenever they want, really really jealous!

I feel like it may have made me a little bit hardened in general in that after being through the whirlwind of bad bathroom situations for women I feel like I hate myself for agreeing that in some situations it might just not be practical to have bathrooms available all the time, and that somethings you just have to put up with holding it. Still jealous though that I was the one who had to hold it while everyone else in the world seemed like they didn't!

I have a female friend who worked in retail for a while and she dreaded busy days because of bathrooms. The lines at the mall are way too long to easily use them in a few mins and she can’t just take 20mins breaks just to pee so she would hold it and the male manager would not understand why she needed more time. All the male staff  got to go as usual while she held it in for all afternoons and since she was most junior she had to do most of the menial physical tasks that required more body movements 

@Angusburger

"I have a female friend who worked in retail for a while and she dreaded busy days because of bathrooms. The lines at the mall are way too long to easily use them in a few mins and she can’t just take 20mins breaks just to pee so she would hold it and the male manager would not understand why she needed more time. All the male staff  got to go as usual while she held it in for all afternoons and since she was most junior she had to do most of the menial physical tasks that required more body movements"

I think that malls really are some of the most ridiculous place when it comes to women being disadvantaged going to the bathroom. The crazy thing is that malls are very crowded, are more often visited by women, and yet they have one set of bathrooms often for the entire shopping complex which to me is completely and utterly insane.
It's been a long time since I've been to a mall but I remember one time I went with my guy friend and there was a line sneaking out of the ladies room into the food court not budging an inch, he was able to go into the men's room and be in and out within like 30 seconds tops and I hadn't even budged a single inch.

So yeah for a woman who worked at the mall and only had a brief break to use the bathroom that is probably not an opportunity to go at all. I'm going with the theme of my other thread about bathroom scarcity it's one of those cases where yet you technically have bathrooms, but there are so far from adequate that the majority of people who are there all day really can't catch a break, which in this case results in a situation where the guys can go without problem whereas for women you just have to do without, and again it's a very frustrating thing to do without if you are there for a very long time!

Like that time I went to the mall with my friend that I just mentioned he got to go to the bathroom at least twice where as I only got to go once. That first time was about midway through the day where he got to go and 30 seconds and I was in line for like maybe 20 minutes. Then by the time we were getting ready to go to leave he decided to use the bathroom again before we left, but because it was a big ladies room line I figured it would probably just be easier to wait until we got home since it was only about 20 or 30 minutes away and it was already getting late so we had to get going in there just wasn't time to wait around.

In fact we use to actually go to the mall a lot when we were younger and it was a regular thing where sometimes I would be holding it all day through them all simply because the lines were really long and I didn't want to delay the guys. So often they would end up going to the bathroom several times before I even went once, and you feel sort of like an obligation not to be an inconvenience, so I wouldn't generally go to the bathroom until I couldn't hold it any longer.

Again though this is a perfect example of a situation where in a crowded place like that men seem to have no problem going to the bathroom without any wait whatsoever, meaning that they can go as many times as they want multiple times without ever being an issue, where as a woman has to carefully plan and ration her bathroom breaks, and sometimes if you calculate things wrongly it means just not getting to go at all which is very frustrating!

So I suspect that if you see a lot of women who are shopping in the mall day probably a good number of them are desperate. And then when you consider that people often get things to eat and drink at the mall you also have to factor that in so you have a large crowded place with thousands of women potentially, all eating and drinking and you have maybe like a few stalls in the bathroom for all of them. It's basically a recipe for disaster, and yet that's the way things are pretty much everywhere, so there's no incentive to change things and thus the situation remains that way and probably will until the end of time…

1 hour ago, Angusburger said:

I have a female friend who worked in retail for a while and she dreaded busy days because of bathrooms. The lines at the mall are way too long to easily use them in a few mins and she can’t just take 20mins breaks just to pee so she would hold it and the male manager would not understand why she needed more time. All the male staff  got to go as usual while she held it in for all afternoons and since she was most junior she had to do most of the menial physical tasks that required more body movements 

Years ago, I had a girlfriend who worked in a big US department store, and she often talked about this issue.  BUT, she also enjoyed holding, so I don’t know how bothered she really was. She was actually the first person who ever told me in person they actually enjoyed that kind of thing.  If it was a really long shift- like 12 hours- she would usually go in the food court on her break. But she hated the bathroom in the actual store and said it was always gross. And she also drank plenty of water.  That made for some regular desperation even 4-5 hours after her break time.  On shorter days, they generally didn’t get breaks at all. For example, sundays were 12-6, but they had to get there by 1130 to open, and then had to close.  So she might have gone 8 hours door to door without urinating. I enjoyed when she would come by my apartment bursting after work, but I think some of these days really grated on her. There were a few times I recall when she said she barely made it. On a side note, just as I type this, I’m watching Mississippi vs. LSU football on TV, and I swear to God one of the announcers just flubbed his line and said “roughing the PISSER”!  He quickly corrected it to “passer”….

@Onedude

"Years ago, I had a girlfriend who worked in a big US department store, and she often talked about this issue.  BUT, she also enjoyed holding, so I don’t know how bothered she really was. She was actually the first person who ever told me in person they actually enjoyed that kind of thing.  If it was a really long shift- like 12 hours- she would usually go in the food court on her break. But she hated the bathroom in the actual store and said it was always gross. And she also drank plenty of water.  That made for some regular desperation even 4-5 hours after her break time.  On shorter days, they generally didn’t get breaks at all. For example, sundays were 12-6, but they had to get there by 1130 to open, and then had to close.  So she might have gone 8 hours door to door without urinating. I enjoyed when she would come by my apartment bursting after work, but I think some of these days really grated on her. There were a few times I recall when she said she barely made it. On a side note, just as I type this, I’m watching Mississippi vs. LSU football on TV, and I swear to God one of the announcers just flubbed his line and said “roughing the PISSER”!  He quickly corrected it to “passer”…."

I think that she's probably in the minority. Even I who does have a fetish for desperation when I was holding it for six or seven hours a day at work that was just unbearable. I think that the average woman would like to go to the bathroom more often than every 6 to 8 hours or more, and yet once again it seems to be a pretty common thing where women will be holding it all day including if they are working at a department store or a mall, or even if they are just shopping all day. And again it's weird that you see these people drinking regularly and yet somehow they somehow manage to soldier on without a bathroom, and that is sort of expected as normal from women in general I think, that's the thing that really boggles my mind, not just men, but women seem to accept that as normal, even when they are standing there with their legs tightly crossed dying for a bathroom break half the day!

And this is compounded by the fact that it's not like they just sitting there all day not peeing, it's literally a job where they are probably walking around, attending to customers, stocking shelves and doing lots of intense physical work and movement and yet somehow they managed to hold on for dear life about that. I was lucky then at least in my job I was sitting most of the day in the back of the band, but whenever I had to get out and actually go out into the field and interact with my coworkers and walk around I felt like I was walking on eggshells because my bladder was so full!

And guys still wonder women women often seem crazy and on edge much of the time!

@omoohno

"Oh yeah every day. I'm a co-teacher so we rarely ever get a chance to go to the bathroom all day since we're so busy with classes"

Do you have the added frustration of students getting to go to the bathroom when you don't? Or do you have to go between classes like the students do and don't get to go as a result of that?

On 10/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, Angusburger said:

Having used to work in a retail store at a mall, I’ve had the same experience. It’s sooooo frustrating not being able to pee quickly and get back to work. There were days where I’d be crossing my legs and shifting around helping a customer and just hoping that they wouldn’t notice because I hadn’t gotten a bathroom break in a while