Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

*Hello everyone! This is a bit of a side project I decided to make while I slowly work my way towards the next chapter of my main interactive story: ' Make her squirm... For Science! ' 

I wanted to have something to provide to the website and my fellow appreciators of hyper desperation in the meantime. This is something that will be a lot simpler (at least for me) and that I'll be writing on my phone as opposed to on desktop, so this will get posts more often, but the quality may suffer as a result, If that doesn't bother you then I hope you all enjoy! Otherwise, stay tuned ❤️*

The "Letter"

"Greetings, mortals..." - A voice rings out from your scanner, an anomaly is speaking directly to you from beyond the stars. - "I am Glieshia, the Great Retainer, be not afraid for I contact you with only a humble request..."

The static slowly clears from the device, and the anomaly's voice can be heard clearly, and yet... It always sounds like it's directly behind your head, no matter where you turn.

"I understand your purpose, you all view me as a threat to your existence, anomalies beyond your understanding tend to be, after all... But I assure you I have your best interest in mind, your survival after all, is necessary for my existence, as is yours to mine..."

The scanner can't get enough information on the entity communicating with you, just as this becomes clear, the screen changes to the image of an eye... With a combination of colors that form beautiful shifting patterns within the iris. The 'white' of the eye is colored a light bronze and the pupil shines, just enough to cause a little bit of distortion on the screen...

The entity has already learned how to project its image onto your devices, and yet it has chosen to keep most of itself hidden, say for its alluring eyes - both now being revealed as it adjusts itself on the screen - displayed with a hint of sorrow in their expression.

"Mortals, please... I understand your fear, but you are yet to understand my predicament, I kindly request that you put your fears aside and help me, my goal is to benefit us both..."

The anomaly's... Voice, is slowly but surely revealing itself to be a bit more shaken.

In the beginning of the approach, it was gracious, spoken with the authority and dignity of a queen, and yet now, it sounds more akin to a prisoner... A fancy and well-spoken prisoner, but prisoner nonetheless.

What action will you take in contacting this entity, brave researchers?

Edited by Tentacool
Spelling. (see edit history)
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Very well, I'll explain it as best as I can..." The monitor cuts for a second, now changed to a farther away perspective, revealing a little more of the figure you're communicating with... It lo

"A release like that sounds really... Really appealing right about now...!" - She replies between melting and drinking more of the ice formation - "But as your friend points out, if I let any out here

"Hey... Hey! Don't panic!" - The entity responds, in a soothing tone but that still displays authority... - "This is completely safe! It is common for Great Retainers like myself to transport things b

We're certainly willing to accept the offer, but it's hard to conceive of what could be done with that from our perspective as humans. We struggle with managing the water on our own planet as it is; how could we possibly take on the excess water that Glieshia has already saved us from?

Unless she already has a plan, I suppose the first step would be to understand just how much she's holding, if she has any idea of that and is able to put it in terms that we understand.

Listening to Glieshia's pleas certainly brings us a lot of concerns, but just as many questions. I'm interested in her "biology", and, as mentioned, her ability to hold this liquid. Some count of how big this being and the quantity of how much she is carrying is much appreciated, if she is able to answer it. Light years tall/wide? Cubic(?) light years in terms of capacity, etc. As well as give an estimate on how long she could possibly hold the relief for. Should we need to send a team of astronauts literal millions of light years to the center of the galaxy, it would be infeasible for us to help her relieve herself if the time-frame is too short. We would need centuries, if not millennia to develop light speed or faster-than-light capable transportation and cryogenics. Perhaps even the time it would take for Glieshia's form to disintegrate may be longer than us humans will even be able to stick around for, making any efforts seemingly redundant, admittedly.

However, as a preliminary question, of course ask what we as humans would be capable of in a short time frame. As well, if there is a means of controlling or "directing" her relief in such a way that it will be ejected far away from our galaxy, such as a stream. If so, the answer would be to do just that, but I doubt it would be that simple: our understanding of this being and its processes is non-existent.

Well, it seems pretty simple to me. We have a big need for clean water here on Earth and someone wanting to get rid of a lot of water. Sounds easy, we just need a catether, a big bucket to collect all the water and to discover where in the galaxy the being is (and to make a rocket to get there (and to do that before the ice meteor (iceteor?) hits)).

Edited by GermanShepherd (see edit history)
On 10/24/2022 at 4:08 AM, ZirconiumPen said:

I like where this has started!

I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already - ask how much she's holding and what we can do about it.

On 10/23/2022 at 11:07 PM, brothacheese said:

We're certainly willing to accept the offer, but it's hard to conceive of what could be done with that from our perspective as humans. We struggle with managing the water on our own planet as it is; how could we possibly take on the excess water that Glieshia has already saved us from?

Unless she already has a plan, I suppose the first step would be to understand just how much she's holding, if she has any idea of that and is able to put it in terms that we understand.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:13 PM, SpaceWonderer said:

I would surely ask what can people do to provide her a necessary relief...

On 10/25/2022 at 5:37 PM, Redtiger said:

I would ask how much has she been holding and how can she be relieved.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:39 AM, OrionsBelt said:

Listening to Glieshia's pleas certainly brings us a lot of concerns, but just as many questions. I'm interested in her "biology", and, as mentioned, her ability to hold this liquid. Some count of how big this being and the quantity of how much she is carrying is much appreciated, if she is able to answer it. Light years tall/wide? Cubic(?) light years in terms of capacity, etc. As well as give an estimate on how long she could possibly hold the relief for. Should we need to send a team of astronauts literal millions of light years to the center of the galaxy, it would be infeasible for us to help her relieve herself if the time-frame is too short. We would need centuries, if not millennia to develop light speed or faster-than-light capable transportation and cryogenics. Perhaps even the time it would take for Glieshia's form to disintegrate may be longer than us humans will even be able to stick around for, making any efforts seemingly redundant, admittedly.

However, as a preliminary question, of course ask what we as humans would be capable of in a short time frame. As well, if there is a means of controlling or "directing" her relief in such a way that it will be ejected far away from our galaxy, such as a stream. If so, the answer would be to do just that, but I doubt it would be that simple: our understanding of this being and its processes is non-existent.

Gently swaying in the void, she smiles at the responses...

"It pleases me to know you have interest in helping me after all... I assure you it will come to greatly benefit us all, and the generations to come."

Glieshia nods, then does what you can only assume is her equivalent of clearing her throat, it causes a brief interference in your devices, but once they clear, she sounds... Closer.

"You ask many valid questions, all very important to our predicament. I'd like to apologize for not having explained such crucial details myself, I neglected to inform you and your fellow researchers many things in my haste to find help. Please, allow me..."

She backs away from your view slightly, moving off to the side to leave two thirds of the screen clear, then, lifting her index finger, Glieshia begins to make a drawing on the empty void of space...

"Fear not, this is purely cosmetic and will only appear in your devices, I am not capable of summoning matter at will... Not like this at least." - She explains as she finishes her drawing: A somewhat crude but effective display of the Planet Earth.

"Due to the nature of my... Being... I struggle with exact measurements, but  I can display my proportions to you all by use of this figure. Suppose this is Earth..." - She points to the figure, one of her hands curiously never leaves her side, and is always clenched. Her legs never separate even for a second, in fact she only ever seems to pull them tight together and briefly relax them. Though you may not be distracted by her form now, her explanation demands your focus. - "...And this formation here are your 'Americas' yes? Well, relative to them, I am about... This size." - She adjusts herself on your screen, the very top of her head reaches just slightly past the middle of Canada on her drawing of Earth, and her feet stop just slightly before the south of Chile.

"I understand this is far from an ideal measurement, but I at least hope it serves to send your minds into the right direction..." - She says with a slight frown then snaps her fingers, causing the Earth doodle to vanish.

"Estimating from what I could understand of the scale of your planet, within me I contain enough water to completely flood all of Central America and partially flood the south of Mexico." - Saying this, Glieshia looks to the side, nervously rubbing her shoulder. - "To many of you that may be shocking, but I am a Great Retainer, beings like myself are born to secure and contain threats to different galaxies, my particular case is to contain these - as you call them - 'anomalies' of ice... That is what I exist for, and thus... Theoretically, I should be able to contain this liquid for..." 

Glieshia stops for a second, looking down at her belly and the spheroid of water writhing inside... Her lip quivers.

"...Forever..." - She shakes her head, you can hear her whimper at the thought... - "But this task has caused me great discomfort! Discomfort which only appeared after I performed my task flawlessly for centuries across your galaxy! And this ice formation appears determined to reach your system, no matter how much of it I consume! As a great retainer, I shouldn't have these issues, something's gone wrong and my kin have not responded to my pleas for help."

She holds her hands close to her chest, and sways her hips slightly, thighs brushing gently - yet firmly - against each other... After a sigh, she recomposes herself and continues:

"As for how we can fix this situation, that's what I cannot answer yet, as much as I hate to admit it mortals... This is an act of desperation, I am not quite sure what to expect from now. It's true, you most likely won't be able to reach me with the technology you have, but perhaps with the right mixture of your technology and my abilities, we could figure out a way to grant me back my strength! And I could rid your galaxy of this cold threat once and for all... We'll need to put our minds to work."

She brushes her chin, floating back into the middle of your screen.

"Your idea of... 'Directing' my relief somewhere could work, space is vast after all, and I certainly like the idea of ridding myself of this terrible pressure, but where could I...? Hmm..."

On 10/24/2022 at 12:47 PM, ola93 said:

What is so dangerous about this liquid and what requirements does this imply for things to contain it? Would a bladder even work? If so, how long would the liquid need to be contained there?

"As far as I understand it, the liquid itself isn't exactly dangerous, but rather its quantity... I am struggling to contain all of it within me, and even if I could contain the entire ice formation within me right now, I would not be able to keep it all inside for long, and instead of a cold extinction, your system would face a boiling extinction instead, as I would have expelled all that... F-Fluid..."

Glieshia's concern grows, along with her discomfort, perhaps focusing too much on how much she has contained so far is taking its toll.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:29 AM, GermanShepherd said:

Well, it seems pretty simple to me. We have a big need for clean water here on Earth and someone wanting to get rid of a lot of water. Sounds easy, we just need a catether, a big bucket to collect all the water and to discover where in the galaxy the being is (and to make a rocket to get there (and to do that before the ice meteor (iceteor?) hits)).

"Hm! Gradually that... Rocket idea could potentially help me get some relief, and I might be able to help you 'bridge the gap', if that makes any sense... But sending the water directly to your planet? Even if it's clean - which I can't be sure of - its sheer abundance could be enough to turn your current world into the core of a new ocean world... Unless you can all immediately adapt to become underwater civilizations that thrive in potentially irradiated water, I suggest we think of another destination for all this liquid... A-And um, could we perhaps not talk so much about relief unless we're absolutely sure it's plausible? I'm talking so much about liquid and relief, it's starting to feel like I'm being tempted!" She whimpers again...

On 11/5/2022 at 6:36 PM, goldlatias said:

How much time do we have? Are we talking days, or years, or what?

"That all depends on how we handle this... I can buy you more time as needed, but it'll cost me, and if it costs me too much, we may come to a premature end.. Worst case scenario, we'd have... Just a bit over two more centuries... If I can manage to hold that long..."

On 11/8/2022 at 6:34 PM, Dededesciple said:

Ya know ah have myself a little ol idea dats betta den dis hullabaloo 

WE SHOULD TAKE THE SOLER SYSTEM AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Glieshia smiles, then giggles gently...

"You remind me of a fellow Retainer I traveled with! I think she had the same idea to rescue a 5-point-star shaped formation from a shadowy doom. I'm not sure if it worked but... It's a possibility? That'd require a lot... A lot of power... Which I'm sad to say: I don't think I possess."

Glieshia's smile fades, as she sees the ice formation inching into the area of her screen.

"I've been putting off containment too long, I'm gonna have to leave the thinking to you mortals! Keep thinking, keep talking! We have to figure something out."

She quickly launches herself towards the ice anomaly, you can see her desperately melting away as much as she can and consuming all the water, the orb of liquid in her abdomen grows little by little, and that ice formation is far, far larger than she is... For a few frames, you can see what look like tears forming in Glieshia's eyes, as she struggles to keep swallowing what must be lake after lake within seconds... One can't help but think if she's underselling how drastic the situation might be.

What ideas could work here?

1 hour ago, ZirconiumPen said:

How about a gradual release? If it's the quantity that's the issue, then we could try having her let out a bit at first and seeing what happens.

But wouldn't that form just another ice formation?

What I'm thinking is that we also need to know, where's Glieshia at the moment, and in which direction she's moving, so we could know, what systems and objects she will possibly going by.

Maybe we could, somehow, kind of expand Glieshia so that she manages to hold on to more water? If we can discover what she's made out of, we could, possibly, produce it on Earth and sell it to the highest bidder shoot it to space for Lil' Gli to catch. Of course, she would then have to continue sucking the water from the meteor, but now she will be able to do it better.

Edited by GermanShepherd (see edit history)

I've done some calculations and I believe there is a potential opening. At the center of our very own Milky Way is a supermassive Black Hole. Even accounting wormholes and the multiverse theory in constant with the principle that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, I see no foreseeable issue with having Glieshia relieve herself into the black hole in the center of our galaxy, or any other adequate black hole. Obviously diverting her attention would be risky, so it would be wise to ask Gliesha to completely consume this ice body in it's entirety before relieving herself. As much a struggle it would be for Glieshia, for a "being" that can hold supposedly forever, I don't see there would be an issue if a relief is certain at the end. I would go so far as to say she must consume and hold the ice body until it is completely gone, before releasing her contents into the abyss of a black hole, even if we must force her to. Given her desperate state, there's probably a lot we can ask of Gliesha if we dangle a tasty enough carrot in front of her.

An immortal being with vast knowledge of the universe is more than invaluable to our pursuit of our cosmos, as well as any other benefits. A little blackmail never hurt anyone, right?

On 11/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, ZirconiumPen said:

How about a gradual release? If it's the quantity that's the issue, then we could try having her let out a bit at first and seeing what happens.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:16 PM, Redtiger said:

But wouldn't that form just another ice formation?

What I'm thinking is that we also need to know, where's Glieshia at the moment, and in which direction she's moving, so we could know, what systems and objects she will possibly going by.

"A release like that sounds really... Really appealing right about now...!" - She replies between melting and drinking more of the ice formation - "But as your friend points out, if I let any out here, it'll just become another problem to deal with! While I doubt it'd just freeze over, my... Fluid... Would just replace the ice formation as a new threat! One which I... Well, I would have quite a lot of trouble consuming."

She gags at the thought... Or at least that's what it looked like, one may start to question just how biological this anomaly is given her behavior.

"As for my whereabouts... That is a bit odd to explain, I am not quite sure if I am even directly present in the same... "Plane" as you are, but what I do here will affect you there, and vice-versa. Hence why this ice formation is still a threat, despite not having been picked up by any satellites."

On 11/12/2022 at 10:25 PM, GermanShepherd said:

Maybe we could, somehow, kind of expand Glieshia so that she manages to hold on to more water? If we can discover what she's made out of, we could, possibly, produce it on Earth and sell it to the highest bidder shoot it to space for Lil' Gli to catch. Of course, she would then have to continue sucking the water from the meteor, but now she will be able to do it better.

"That is an um... Interesting train of thought! Perhaps I could send some kind of sample for you to study? Even if you cannot replicate my fabric, perhaps it might yield different results to aid us in this situation... Besides, I suppose I 'owe' you some kind of breakthrough..." 

She pauses for a moment, allowing herself to squirm... Dancing in place, she closes her eyes and frowns, a much clearer show of discomfort than before. She's been rushing to make progress against the ice formation, but it seems she went a little too fast for her body to handle. Her belly visibly sloshes as the nebula moves to make way for more liquid inside, poor Glieshia audibly whimpers at the feeling, she squirms and sways again, finally breaking posture and throwing away that sense of dignity she had displayed up until now, performing a clear potty dance, both hands pressed tightly against her crotch, legs swaying as she helplessly floats from side to side to distract herself from the volumes within her abdomen, now expanded to contain it all, it sticks out so much one could assume she's pregnant and ready to deliver.

This goes on for a minute until she finally regains composure, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"I... Apologize for that." - She says, slowly letting her hands off her crotch, for a brief moment you can get a peek at what it looks like before she could hide it again with her thighs! The anomaly's mimicry of a woman's body is as accurate as it is appealing, her slit is simply adorable, she took the liberty of giving herself a bit of detail to her pubic area by adding the same material as her "hair" down there in the shape of a heart! Simply put, she's cute and a bit puffy down there, with a  little bit of hair for extra style... But what purpose does this serve for a being like this? Perhaps she has a sense of pride in her form much like a human would, it would explain why she seems to be making an effort to hide her crotch from all of you, aswell as why she seems reluctant to just constantly grab it to assist in holding.

Back on track however, Glieshia continues: 

"I do think I have a way to send you a sample of my fabric. Though I'm not sure which part of me to take a sample from, which one would benefit you most in research? This substance I'm made of is not quite the same all across my body, similar to how skin is different in certain parts of the body for you, right? Let me know which part would be most beneficial..." - She looks to the side, her expression one of concern with a hint of embarrassment... It seems it just dawned on her just how odd this may have sounded for you all.

"By the way! I... I... Like! I like that nickname. "Lil Gli", how... Affectionate?" - She smiles with a slight giggle.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, OrionsBelt said:

I've done some calculations and I believe there is a potential opening. At the center of our very own Milky Way is a supermassive Black Hole. Even accounting wormholes and the multiverse theory in constant with the principle that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, I see no foreseeable issue with having Glieshia relieve herself into the black hole in the center of our galaxy, or any other adequate black hole. Obviously diverting her attention would be risky, so it would be wise to ask Gliesha to completely consume this ice body in it's entirety before relieving herself. As much a struggle it would be for Glieshia, for a "being" that can hold supposedly forever, I don't see there would be an issue if a relief is certain at the end. I would go so far as to say she must consume and hold the ice body until it is completely gone, before releasing her contents into the abyss of a black hole, even if we must force her to. Given her desperate state, there's probably a lot we can ask of Gliesha if we dangle a tasty enough carrot in front of her.

An immortal being with vast knowledge of the universe is more than invaluable to our pursuit of our cosmos, as well as any other benefits. A little blackmail never hurt anyone, right?

*Clever!! In the interest of keeping this interesting however - and I'm assuming this was your intention - Glieshia won't hear that message, it'll be for your fellow researchers' eyes only, that way she'll be oblivious to your blackmail when you convince her to consume that rock. I'll be completely honest though: This may have unforeseen consequences should you wish to go down that route, but I mean that in the best way possible... For you I mean, Glieshia might not be so happy but we'll see~ 😉*

On 11/12/2022 at 8:54 AM, Bismiris said:

Could we help her release some of her waters on a different planet like Mars or Venus? What about the moon? It's right next door (comparatively) and it's gravity should help retain much of the water.

"An excellent point, but I personally find it a tad risky... I tasked myself with preserving your system, allowing all this liquid to enter it, even in a controlled manner like you suggest, could have catastrophic consequences in the long run. With the consideration of the... Difference in 'reality' I previously mentioned aswell, there's no knowing just how differently this matter will behave once it leaves here and enters your system... I'm willing to try it if you insist, believe me, were it not for my concerns I would not have thought twice about sitting down on an interdimensional beacon and just... Letting... Go... Hnng!" - She clenches - "I-I gotta get back to it! L-Let me know what you all have in mind! That is the sample and the relief, please."

And off she goes once again, to fill her belly with even more water... Ready to cook up a plan?

Edited by Tentacool
spelling (see edit history)

*Thanks for reading my intention as a scientist, I was worried I didn't make it clear enough. I do hope my fellow researchers will agree with me that while not "morally" correct (I think its safe to say morals can be thrown out the window if its regarding the utter destruction of our reality.), this produces the best outcome as we get to see a force of the cosmos we don't quite understand do something unprecedented, and gather all sorts of knowledge and information on her as she tries to protect us. Along with that, I'm quite enjoying the show, personally, so I see no reason not to continue along the lines I previously stated. If we play our cards right, she might not even notice what we're up to. So without further ado...*

"Ahem. Glieshia, we'd like to propose another solution. We noted in our astronomy studies large bodies of infinite mass and infinite gravitational pull. Their pull is so strong that not even the fastest thing in the universe known to us: light, can escape it's clutches. We call this object a black hole. We have noted that anything of matter that gets sucked into a black hole essentially disappears from our universe forever. We do not truly understand it, but it's effects appear to be quite profound. Perhaps your understanding is different, but we believe that you could ingest this ice meteor in it's entirety, saving our planet, and we can help you locate a suitable black hole for you to... relieve yourself in, ridding your burden in it's entirety from this universe. Does that make sense to you?"