Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

If You Were Having a Conversation While Desperate How Likely Would the Other Person Be to Know That You Had to Go?

If You Were Having a Conversation While Desperate How Likely Would the Other Person Be to Know That You Had to Go?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. If You Were Having a Conversation While Desperate How Likely Would the Other Person Be to Know That You Had to Go?

• They would definitely know.
    • They would probably know 50/50 chance.
    • Usually they wouldn't notice.
    • They would have no idea, I have a perfect poker face when it comes to this.

I was thinking about this in regards to my other thread where I mentioned how when I was at my job I was able to try and focus on conversing with people without being obviously desperate but at the same time I noticed that most people seem to think that my mind was elsewhere, so I think that in most cases despite the fact that I tried to keep a straight face about it I think it was obvious that I had to go to the bathroom.

So my question here is for everyone when you are absolutely bursting, like completely desperate, how likely is it that the other person you are chatting with would realize that you had to go to the bathroom? Whether it was just the way you are shifting around, the tone of your voice, how often is it that you tend to give away the fact that you really have to go?

Obviously there is a limit to how long you can hide it before you’d be distracted or unable to keep still (or wet yourself)… but I’ve been pushed to extremes when challenged by a “mutually interested in this” friend to keep waiting while out drinking and challenged to get a taxi to next pub and then order next round and then wait five more minutes. I was in a bit of pain due to being so full but kept up conversations right up until the end without anyone commenting or seeming to believe anything was amiss

however the one time I realised after a night out that I wouldnt make it home without peeing, i asked the taxi driver to find somewhere for me to go the toilet please and he immediately pulled over (without their being a toilet there) and said “I wondered when you’d ask” so clearly I had been jiggling about and looking uncomfortable in the backseat and so was doubly embarrassed by having him notice and then having to pee down an alleyway like a wimp who can’t control their bladder.

I try my best to conceal it so I don't think I'm super obvious but at the same time I feel that it's kind of obvious that something's going on because I have noticed that I have to go to the bathroom I talk in a higher tone of voice and just seem to be more animated in general and tend to squirm and fidget and move around a bit. It's better when I am sitting down because then I can control myself more but I think that when I am standing up and desperate it's a lot more obvious because I am making all sorts of motions to try and keep myself comfortable.

Like Daniel in Barry's Daniel and Amy fiction people around me often know I need a bathroom before I do.  (Amy sometimes pulls Daniel away from some distraction telling him he needs to pee and walking him to a bathroom.  A couple older girl cousins, a girl friend and a landlady did that for me.) 

Barry's fictional form can be found in chapter 23 at

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/30416-daniel-and-amy/page/48/

I have a poker face about it because I have a poker face about most things; to be really expressive is actually something I have to put energy into, as well as a lot of thought about how to do it right. I might find it harder to keep talking but it'd be less of the stammering you see in most stories and more just being really quiet and a bit robotic when I say/do stuff... of course, there are a lot of things that do that to me. 

So, if you want nobody to know what's happening until you're actually standing in a puddle... just be autistic with flat affect. Works for me! 😄

@trekkie

"I have a poker face about it because I have a poker face about most things; to be really expressive is actually something I have to put energy into, as well as a lot of thought about how to do it right. I might find it harder to keep talking but it'd be less of the stammering you see in most stories and more just being really quiet and a bit robotic when I say/do stuff... of course, there are a lot of things that do that to me."

I don't stammer but I do think that there is maybe a change in my tone of voice when I have to go to the bathroom. I am more physically expressive than vocally expressive when I have to go to the bathroom. Interestingly I was finding I could actually hold a conversation while having a full bladder without it necessarily being a dead giveaway but I think that I still do give other signs that I am sort of mentally elsewhere or that I am just more animated than usual.

This did get me thinking though that it does make me wonder how many women who are holding all day actually give no signs of it, like they have just gotten so used to it that they can stand there with an incredibly full bladder and you wouldn't even know it.

People who can keep a total poker face if this poll is any indication are only about 8% so far who have responded, albeit this is a bias sample seeing as this is from people who are into holding, but I do think that it's rare most people can just keep a straight face when they have to go to the bathroom.

And yet I get the sense from all that I have experienced that there a lot of women who are out there holding it for hours on end and perhaps not giving any real indication but holding stoically and silently.

I think that for a time I have a great poker face and no one can tell but slowly as the conversation goes on and I start to bounce one leg up and down and start shifting from side to side eventually I have to admit it because I can tell that they can see what is going on and to avoid the other person asking me, I will typically just say I really need to pee BEFORE they have to wonder too long. But if I left it too long then it’s super obvious. I’m really shy but eventually I will just say I need to pee since by then I’m already doing the pee pee dance anyway. 

I have an unusual way of speaking, both in terms of vocabulary and cadence, and my body language tends to emphasize what I'm saying. (I am one of those people who has knocked stuff off of a table or desk while trying to make a point.) People who are not familiar with me might not pick up anything at all. People who know me would probably suspect something was amiss, just from cumulative exposure.

I have a poker face when it comes to this stuff. I rarely find myself desperate because I have a pretty strong bladder, but the times I was desperate (mostly at work) I would continue working without anyone saying anything. 

20 hours ago, trekkie said:

I have a poker face about it because I have a poker face about most things; to be really expressive is actually something I have to put energy into, as well as a lot of thought about how to do it right. I might find it harder to keep talking but it'd be less of the stammering you see in most stories and more just being really quiet and a bit robotic when I say/do stuff... of course, there are a lot of things that do that to me. 

I was going to write more, but this describes me very accurately as well. 

My speech is generally the same however when I get to the point of my last 30 minutes before I have to let go I become more desperate with my actions.  Last week I was on vacation with my spouse and wet myself 3 evenings in a row Tuesday-Thursday.  We talk outside at night on a small balcony off our hotel room and I drink and do a hold until I have to let my pee out.  Once when I got up and told her I will be back soon, code for honey I am going for a walk to pee my pants.  I got up so urgently she said yes I knew without you saying a word you really have to go.

My vote is 50/50. 

I rarely squirm like a stereotypical omo character. Unless it's really urgent.

While desperation grows it's getting harder to concentrate on the conversation -  a common hint for experienced people. Also I can walk faster than usual to get to the toilet. Like the last time I took a girl out on a date and didn't feel like peeing outside with her. So I had to go to the nearest mall.

This actually happened to me unintentionally years back. Context: I had drank a ton of coffee the night before, since I was up all night studying for an exam. The same night, my friend and her partner got into a bit of a fight (not physical), who then called me to talk about it. We were in the same class, and I was busy, so I told her that we'd keep talking after my exam.

Exam is 3 hours, and you wouldn't be able to finish if you went for a toilet break, so I just held it (nothing too bad). After, I talk to my friend, who goes into detail about her issues, and a ton of other personal things. We ended up talking for about 2-3 hours, while the entire time, I kept getting more and more desperate. It was a deep conversation I've never had with her, so I didn't want to get up and excuse myself. However, I know my legs started shaking and fidgeting more and more. This lasted about 2 hours, until she noticed and asked if I was OK. Originally I said it was just the coffee, but 5 minutes later she asks again and I tell her the truth that I've had to pee the whole time, and I didn't want to tell her about it while she was basically spilling her soul onto me. So I got empty my bladder and come back, and that's about it for the story

@Paillecia

You I have been in that situation numerous times and not just at work and I find it infinitely interesting how women can somehow sometimes kindly on a long-term conversation or being a long-term activity while trying not to show any signs of needing to pee and yet you know they must have to pee.

Like sort of like that time when I was at the park for my job and those girls had to go to the bathroom, they went home after we had already talked about how I had to go to the bathroom for hours, they came back like an hour later and we continue chatting and they must have known that I had to go to the bathroom it was just sort of a weird thing to be talking to people who know that you're ready to explode and yet they got to go to the bathroom and you didn't.

Or that case when I was on that tour and the majority of women got to go to the bathroom and the women who didn't get to pee and the women who did get to pee still have to interact for the rest of the day, and so it sort of a weird thing where you are standing there with her legs crossed chatting with a woman that you knew got to pee when you didn't and you are still supposed to smile and be polite and cordial and everything. It's like they must know that I am absolutely ready to explode and yet they just keep talking very casually like if my mind seems elsewhere they are almost like are you listening I am talking here!

The weird thing is that after all of my experiences I feel I have started to learn the art of conversation while trying to ignore a full bladder when chatting with people who know you don't have to go.

I can only recall 2 or 3 times that I was so desperate that I cannot hide my urgency from others and show some signs including squirming on the seat, cannot stand still, and for only one time to the stage of holding myself.

For the remaining memories on long conversations with a full bladder, I managed not to show any sign so no one should know it.