Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

transgender (mtf) The trans holding experience

Curious both for MtF and FtM input, though I myself am MtF and speaking from that point of view.

I'm curious if anyone else has been kinda surprised at how much being trans has impacted your bladder's life.  I expected to be nervous and shy about using the women's restroom, but it definitely goes beyond that.

Tucking.  For those who don't know (NSFW):

Spoiler

that's bending the penis back under yourself aiming toward your butt, tucking the balls in, and then using tape / tight clothing / special underwear to hold it like that

It is not the easiest thing in the world to set up, and once it's all set, I really don't want to mess with it.

External pressure:  I know it's not really good for you, but I've been using a waist trainer.  My little bit of belly fat pushes out about as much as my chest does so far, and squeezing it back down while waiting for HRT to redistribute the fat makes me look more feminine.  Turns out I get the best results from placing the trainer directly over the upper side of my bladder and then cinching it down.  I have actually gone home feeling like I need to pee, taken it off, and then stopped feeling the urge.

General nervousness:  trying to walk more femininely, keeping an eye on people around me so I can keep away from anyone who has a negative reaction to me (thankfully fairly rare in this city), being ready to give my best girlvoice, all adds up to generally feeling tense sometimes, especially in certain situations.

I do enjoy torturing my bladder, but really all the fetish did was make me think less about the consequences of what I'm doing.  It feels like being MtF is one of the most perfect bladder torture processes.  Really also makes me feel for the trans women who don't enjoy it and/or don't have my bladder capacity.  More unisex bathrooms should definitely be a thing, as even if legal protections are there, plenty of trans individuals will say "I'd rather not go through the anxiety of doing so, I'd rather just hold it."

This is a topic of fascination for me as well because I am very interested in the difference between male and female holding and bladder capacity, and a person who has transitioned from one to the other I think would notice the difference really quickly.

From all of the trans people I have talked to it does seem like once a trans woman transitions that she tends to go to the bathroom more, probably because the urethra is now smaller. Whether the surgery itself would impact holding ability, it probably would to some degree.

But for those who have not done surgery even hormones can have a diuretic effect that makes them go more.

And it is an unfortunate thing that trans people often feel anxiety about the bathroom and tend to often avoid public restrooms, which does lead to desperation, but that's not the kind of desperation I don't think anyone would really want to experience.

But I have often said numerous times that I feel that if somebody transitioned from male to female the one of the first things that they would notice is just how much more difficult it is getting relief in a timely manner. It's like going from instant relief to having to wait a half hour in line or having to put off going again and again simply because there is no adequate place to relieve yourself.

I'm not trans, just crossdresser, not even out of the closet, but I go out fully dressed a lot, alone or with my corssdressing friends. I had been nervous and shy about using women's restrooms at first and rather hold it or peed my panties, but not any more. Now I go in there as I would be a woman. I sure get strange looks, because I don't pass by a mile, but never had any problems. I go in, quickly do what I have to do and don't bother other women. I never engage the conversation first. 

About keeping an eye on people around me. I do it too. I was bullied on the street at night a few times when i started to go out fully dressed and now rather keep an eye out to make sure I can avoid people I think might give me problems. 

4 minutes ago, CarmenCD said:

I'm not trans, just crossdresser, not even out of the closet, but I go out fully dressed a lot, alone or with my corssdressing friends. I had been nervous and shy about using women's restrooms at first and rather hold it or peed my panties, but not any more. Now I go in there as I would be a woman. I sure get strange looks, because I don't pass by a mile, but never had any problems. I go in, quickly do what I have to do and don't bother other women. I never engage the conversation first. 

About keeping an eye on people around me. I do it too. I was bullied on the street at night a few times when i started to go out fully dressed and now rather keep an eye out to make sure I can avoid people I think might give me problems. 

Stay safe, I know a crossdresser who got sucker-punched and called the F slur when he tried some interesting high heels.  Personally I carry pepper spray everywhere, more if I'm doing deliveries. (Don't break your local laws though)

14 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

This is a topic of fascination for me as well because I am very interested in the difference between male and female holding and bladder capacity, and a person who has transitioned from one to the other I think would notice the difference really quickly.

From all of the trans people I have talked to it does seem like once a trans woman transitions that she tends to go to the bathroom more, probably because the urethra is now smaller. Whether the surgery itself would impact holding ability, it probably would to some degree.

But for those who have not done surgery even hormones can have a diuretic effect that makes them go more.

And it is an unfortunate thing that trans people often feel anxiety about the bathroom and tend to often avoid public restrooms, which does lead to desperation, but that's not the kind of desperation I don't think anyone would really want to experience.

But I have often said numerous times that I feel that if somebody transitioned from male to female the one of the first things that they would notice is just how much more difficult it is getting relief in a timely manner. It's like going from instant relief to having to wait a half hour in line or having to put off going again and again simply because there is no adequate place to relieve yourself.

Yeah, T-blockers are diuretic, and also one of the two things I take (forget if it's the estrogen or T blocker) gives salt cravings, which then ofc makes you thirsty.  I give in and drink since I know I can hold it, but many trans individuals deliberately restrict how much they drink.

1 hour ago, Weather said:

Stay safe, I know a crossdresser who got sucker-punched and called the F slur when he tried some interesting high heels.  Personally I carry pepper spray everywhere, more if I'm doing deliveries. (Don't break your local laws though)

Yeah, T-blockers are diuretic, and also one of the two things I take (forget if it's the estrogen or T blocker) gives salt cravings, which then ofc makes you thirsty.  I give in and drink since I know I can hold it, but many trans individuals deliberately restrict how much they drink.

I have pepper spray in my purse too, for years now. It's legal where I live. I bought it for protection after me and my friend were bullied and humiliated really hard one night.

Since I have pepper spray, I had to take it out of my purse only once and it was enough for bullies to leave me alone. I never had to actually use it. They left, but laughing out loud when walking away. They still got what they wanted, I guess. It must be pretty funny for a bully to see someone pissing down his legs while holding pepper spray in his hand and shaking like a leaf on a water at the same time, because he is actually scared what will happen after he will use it. If I miss the shot or other bullies would get hands on me after I sprayed one of them, I would be in really bad situation. I can't fight at all and can't run fast enough wearing heels. I tried that once and they caught me right away. 

But maybe also times changed and streets got much safer in our country. I don't see "teen street thugs" any more. On all occasions, except one, I was bullied by a teen/late teen thugs in a group wandering around. Or I just got more careful and manage to avoid places where they are. 

being trans is one of the things that kickstarted this fetish for me (at least I'm pretty sure). throughout my whole life i've had massive bathroom anxiety, even at home with my family. and then coming out as trans basically meant i never used public bathrooms ever. all through middle school and the one year of public high school i did, i went so far as to not drink water all day to avoid having to use the bathroom. i've been on T for almost a year now, and i pass decently in public now, but it's also fun to be desperate on purpose when i'm out of the house. not while i'm driving though lol