Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anyone here good at designing puzzles?

I'm creating an RPG set in a tavern. It starts off slow, and while the character is waiting around I want to add a couple of mini games or hidden things in the environment to give them something to do. I was thinking something like puzzles maybe. I'm not great at the design / art stuff, so need an ideas person! Anyone interested?

Edited by CofS (see edit history)

How about something from the book:  Carroll, Lewis, Game of Logic, Macmillan, London, 1887?

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4763

You could retain some whimsical blathering from the book (which is to say Lewis Carroll's humor).  Instead of many rules pages, give enough to get started.  After that the player discovers disallowed moves via a message like, "The Red Princess forbids that move." 

We were discussing multiplayer options yesterday. We don't have the technical skills to do actual multiplayer, but can definitely add multiplayer elements such as a games in the tavern/s that other players can join if they are playing online. Something like a card game or chess (both omorashi themed) would work with that. Now I just need to learn how to play chess so I can programme it!

Edited by CofS (see edit history)