Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What is your opinion on Andrew Tate?

When someone as sexist as Piers Morgan says you're a misogynist, you know you done fucked up.

He's human garbage as far as i'm concerned.

Sometimes people get deplatformed for good reasons, so not every person who gets deplatformed is some kind of hero and I want to stay as far away as humanly possible from anyone that expresses admiration for vile bastards like Tate.

Tate can whine like a little crybaby about being "cancelled" all he wants, nobody gives a shit if he wants to live a "traditionally masculine life"(whatever the hell that means)sane people simply don't like him dehumanizing anyone who isn't exactly like him.

Edited by LifeIsStrange (see edit history)

When someone is a bad person, he's supposed to be exposed as one. Closing one's eyes and trying to ignore the problem (which the cancel "culture" basically is) only means that this kind of people will gaher up in their circles, and one day they will take an action. Isn't this what the freedom of speech is about (I know that it only exists as a concept, but humor me)? Personally, I'm fine with cutting the cords (in more way than one) of each of every person who is "not okay", but I come from an authoritarian culture. I wonder what the properly democratic answer to this question could be?

8 minutes ago, Lisk said:

Isn't this what the freedom of speech is about (I know that it only exists as a concept, but humor me)?

No, freedom of speech means the government can't punish you for for expressing unpopular ideas, no matter how abhorrent.  It doesn't mean anyone has to listen to you, give you a platform, or that you won't face societal consequences.

49 minutes ago, TVGuy said:

No, freedom of speech means the government can't punish you for for expressing unpopular ideas, no matter how abhorrent.  It doesn't mean anyone has to listen to you, give you a platform, or that you won't face societal consequences.

My point exactly ^_^

2 hours ago, TVGuy said:

Exactly, and cancel culture arguably isn't a real thing anyways, if it was someone like Louis C.K. never would've been able to somehow win a Grammy despite exposing himself in front of several women without their permission.

I don't know who he is but from what people are saying about him here he sounds like a truly vile human being who got what he deserves. People often do forget freedom of speech really does just mean that you're not going to be arrested for what you say. You can be a horrible neo-Nazi and say the most horrible things, but that doesn't mean that people have to give you a platform for your hatred, and it doesn't mean that your words are going to be without consequences. For example you have the freedom of speech to say what you want but if a Nazi says I'm going to go out there and kill a bunch of Jews it would be reasonable to take preemptive action because they are making a direct threat. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences, and I think that that's what a lot of people forget. Sure you can say sexist and misogynistic and horrible things, but if people call you on that or try to take away your platform you probably deserve that.

Very few people have actually faced real consequences for being sexist or racist pricks, cancel culture and the people who talk about cancel culture are mostly just saying I said lots of really horrible things and now people are calling me on the fact that I'm an asshole and that that is somehow oppression to them. Freedom of speech means you can say what you want, but others have the freedom to hate you for what you say too.

I dont agree with what he says. He is a sexist person, however i guess like most things, i see him as one asshole in the world compared to the billions of men who dont think like that. If anyone believes in the things he believes well… that sucks for them and their road to life, but for the young kids who have watched him, that is the fault of the parents. Kids keep getting these screens and phones with no parental control at all, and if young boys easily believe anything he says then there is a serious issue at home with parenting young boys.  

to me personally its another asshole in the world but thats one shitty person, but there are billions of men who don’t think like him and i guess i just look at the positive outlet of that. Im just not a feminist, nor do i get super mad about this kinda stuff.. but again, thats just me. 

Personally, I don't like Andrew Tate at all. Majority of his takes are so terrible (e.g. women are bad drivers, despite the studies show the contrary) so there shouldn't be any surprise for any consequence that he receives.

But I also want to talk about young boys/men watching him and people who are worried about this.

There seems to be an amount of people who are unaware of societal issues that affect men and boys. There are also people who still expect men/boys to make the first move, to impress the ladies, to be a breadwinner etc. which puts so much pressure on (young) men. Not only that, but people don't even give proper guidance on how to do these things properly. It's basically trial by error and then people wonder why some men approach women in a "creepy" way. And the problem is that some people are unaware of these like I said. So when you have someone like Andrew Tate (despite his toxicity) coming out of the woodwork and says "hey, dear men, I recognise the fact that you are lonely and you're probably on the verge of committing suicide" (as an example) it is enough for young men to listen to him because they finally found someone who resonate with their problems and because they found someone who might teach them about dating.

Another reason why men watch Andrew Tate is because there are no other alternatives. It's like sailing in the middle of the ocean starving to death and your only food is a raw fish. People in general (especially men) love to see other people validating their issues (this shouldn't even be controversial).