Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I'm making an omorashi game!

5 hours ago, nappypants said:

Underwear version… a diapered version would be great as well!

For this particular game, diapers aren't going to be a part of it.  They just don't fit with the plot or mechanics of the game.  If diapers were in this game, they would change the mechanics to the extent that that the core game play would have to to be completely different.

Depending on the reception this game receives, when done, I may do another game in the future that does include diaper content.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:59 AM, jzl said:

Have you tried contributing / developing open source projects? That’s a good way to make the development faster - some developers who have the same hobbies with you in the world will make the project together (at least me). Also there are some omorashi games already on GitHub, maybe we can learn how to count stomach and blender, how to leak, how clothes hold some water, etc.

Github allows omorashi content? If so, I have a couple of semi developed games I was working on with someone a year ago. I could upload the files if you know how to create a team/project on there? I don't have much experience with Github, so would need a bit of help with that stuff.

Edited by CofS (see edit history)
1 minute ago, CofS said:

Github allows omorashi content? If so, I have a couple of semi developed games I was working on with someone a year ago. I could upload the files if you know how to create a team/project on there? I don't have much experience with Github, so would need a bit of help with that stuff.

Oh, so great. I saw one or two games on GitHub. Maybe it is allowed. Can we keep in touch and develop the games together? What chat apps do you use?

17 hours ago, CofS said:

@TVGuy What did you use to make the 3D character model in your original game?

In the original game I was using Poser to create pre-rendered 3D characters as 2D animated sprites.  At the time, I still had Poser 4 from an educational license.  However, only having an educational license, I wasn't able to just pay the upgrade fee to get a newer version.  With Windows 7, Poser 4 no longer worked.  I've tried other character animation solutions, like Daz Studio, but the walking animations have lots of issues, and there are lots of object collision issues, and no easy way to edit, or animate, textures for doing things like wetting effects. 

Not wanting to spend a lot of money on something that is a hobby project, I figure that hand drawn sprites and backgrounds gives me the most flexibility here, and is a timeless look that has been used since games first moved beyond EGA graphics.

1 hour ago, TVGuy said:

In the original game I was using Poser to create pre-rendered 3D characters as 2D animated sprites.  At the time, I still had Poser 4 from an educational license.  However, only having an educational license, I wasn't able to just pay the upgrade fee to get a newer version.  With Windows 7, Poser 4 no longer worked.  I've tried other character animation solutions, like Daz Studio, but the walking animations have lots of issues, and there are lots of object collision issues, and no easy way to edit, or animate, textures for doing things like wetting effects. 

Not wanting to spend a lot of money on something that is a hobby project, I figure that hand drawn sprites and backgrounds gives me the most flexibility here, and is a timeless look that has been used since games first moved beyond EGA graphics.

Ok, that makes sense. And the hand drawn style works great. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

If you ever try 3D again, have a look at a program called Make Human. It's free and plugs into Blender (also free). I've found a bunch of animations on Mixamo, which can be edited to get different effects. I'm looking to use that for my game. I'm not great at that stuff and prefer programming (if anyone else reading this wants to help, send me a message). But it's a good back up.

1 hour ago, JensH2 said:

Looking forward to your project! Are you using a game engine? Which language or framework do you use for coding?

Short answer- I haven't decided yet.

In the past I've used Game Maker (now Game Maker Studio 2.something) in creating a fan made remake of Space Quest 1.  Game Maker serves as a combination 2D game engine, suite of asset editors, and IDE.  Game Maker uses its own scripting language, GML, for game logic.

I've also used Torque Game Builder (now Torque 2D) for a couple of small projects.  It is a much more professional game engine compared to Game Maker, but doesn't have the same documentation or community behind it.  Parts of it can be counter intuitive to work with.

I've also previously made my own breakout clone from scratch in C#, using DirectX.  I'm strongly considering coding this project from scratch as well, as that way there isn't a bunch of game engine overhead supporting a lot of features I don't need. 

So, I've yet to decide what I'm going to do for this game.  Each possible approach, Game Maker, Torque 2D, or my own scratch built game engine has its own benefits and drawbacks.

The standing sprites are done and colored, for the fully clothed version of the female player character.

F-Clothed-Standing---1.gifF-Clothed-Standing---2.gifF-Clothed-Standing---3.gifF-Clothed-Standing---4.gifF-Clothed-Standing---5.gifF-Clothed-Standing---6.gifF-Clothed-Standing---7.gifF-Clothed-Standing---8.gif

I've also started coloring the walk cycle animations, as well as smooth out the animations.  Smoothing is done by adding additional, blended frames between the drawn frames. 

This technique is used in cinema, double exposing each frame (180 degree shutter) to create the illusion of smoother motion.  Back when movies were shot on film, early filmmakers tried to figure out the slowest frame rate they could get away with while still maintaining smooth motion.  Film was expensive, so a slower frame rate meant film makers could use less off it.  They arrived at 24 frames per second as a standard, but this still could appear pretty choppy when things were moving fast.  By shooting with a 180 degree shutter angle, each frame was exposed twice in rapid succession, which gave the illusion of smoother motion.

Here is both the motion smoothed, and non-smoothed version side by side so you can see the difference-

F-Clothed-Walking---1.gifF-Clothed-Walking---2.gif

Once I have finished coloring the clothed walk cycle animations, I'll move on to doing versions of the female character sprites representing the character in her underwear, nude, and wet.  Then, once all that is done, I'll do all the same thing again for the male player character.  After that will be the sprites for the non player characters.  Once all that is done, then there is just the small matter of the entire rest of the game to do.

17 minutes ago, TVGuy said:

The standing sprites are done and colored, for the fully clothed version of the female player character.

F-Clothed-Standing---1.gifF-Clothed-Standing---2.gifF-Clothed-Standing---3.gifF-Clothed-Standing---4.gifF-Clothed-Standing---5.gifF-Clothed-Standing---6.gifF-Clothed-Standing---7.gifF-Clothed-Standing---8.gif

I've also started coloring the walk cycle animations, as well as smooth out the animations.  Smoothing is done by adding additional, blended frames between the drawn frames. 

This technique is used in cinema, double exposing each frame (180 degree shutter) to create the illusion of smoother motion.  Back when movies were shot on film, early filmmakers tried to figure out the slowest frame rate they could get away with while still maintaining smooth motion.  Film was expensive, so a slower frame rate meant film makers could use less off it.  They arrived at 24 frames per second as a standard, but this still could appear pretty choppy when things were moving fast.  By shooting with a 180 degree shutter angle, each frame was exposed twice in rapid succession, which gave the illusion of smoother motion.

Here is both the motion smoothed, and non-smoothed version side by side so you can see the difference-

F-Clothed-Walking---1.gifF-Clothed-Walking---2.gif

Once I have finished coloring the clothed walk cycle animations, I'll move on to doing versions of the female character sprites representing the character in her underwear, nude, and wet.  Then, once all that is done, I'll do all the same thing again for the male player character.  After that will be the sprites for the non player characters.  Once all that is done, then there is just the small matter of the entire rest of the game to do.

I'll be honest I can't see much difference, her walking speed on my phone is very fast.

17 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

I'll be honest I can't see much difference, her walking speed on my phone is very fast.

The difference is very slight, I'll admit that.  The non-smoothed animation runs at a frame rate of approximately 16 frames per second.  The smoothed version runs at approximately 60 frames per second.  The walking speed is the same in both animation cycles, just the smooth version has some additional frames that are blended between the key frames to help it appear slightly smoother.